Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 201.
#254 6 years ago

-removed-

Post edited by robin : No politics please!

#255 6 years ago

Can't wait for he next update. You just know the dragon is going to be wickedly awesome!

#256 6 years ago

deleted

Post edited by moderator : No bickering in threads and no politics please!

#257 6 years ago

Well, for some of us that were in the center of the financial crisis it actually felt like the end of the world....only if you knew how close we came, you could be bartering with a side of beef for a pinball machine.

#258 6 years ago

Can we seriously not turn this thread into politics? Love or hate Obama it has jack all to do with pinball or The Hobbit.

#259 6 years ago

Does anyone have any thoughts (or even better, real insights) on what the next Hobbit update might include, and when that might happen? [Hobbit is getting next to no chatter on the JJP Google Forum].

Thanks!

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from BigOrange:

Does anyone have any thoughts (or even better, real insights) on what the next Hobbit update might include, and when that might happen? [Hobbit is getting next to no chatter on the JJP Google Forum].
Thanks!

No insights, but hope that the Ohio Pinball show would be the trigger

#261 6 years ago

I think that the movie studio is going to require JJP to be very secretive about the images on this pin. Yes, we have seen most of the characters including Smaug, but remember that Jack needs studio approval to share anything with us. I hope we get to see something soon, though.

#262 6 years ago

JJP's last update was Jan. 16th. They revealed a pic of the lower half of the whitewood.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/January-16--2014---The-Hobbit-Pinball-Update-.html?soid=1104524641178&aid=FWjlUzSfKGs

They said the would reveal the top (where the money is in my opinion, and not just the obvious Smaug toy) in the next couple of weeks.

Of course....more than a month has passed since then......

#263 6 years ago

Since the code for WOZ has recently gotten close it it's final major revison, this can only be good news for TH. Focus should start shifting to updates real soon.

#264 6 years ago

I NEED Hobbit info!!!!!!! I need to consume it!!!!! Analyze it!!!!! Debate it!!!!

Dammit, I need Hobbit info!!!

#265 6 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

I NEED Hobbit info!!!!

ok

hobbit info.jpg
#266 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This thread is about The Hobbit...Also no one will be waiting 3 more years for the game. I bet the first games start shipping by the end of the year with a majority arriving the first half of next year.

I'll take that bet. What do you want to wager?

#267 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Does he mean the vast majority of all Hobbit machines, or just the LE's?

#268 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

ok

hobbit info.jpg 63 KB

Funny dude!

#269 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

My bet in the Metallica thread was $50, loser donates to Pinside in the other's name. That worked out well, because the loser lost money, and Pinside won either way.

Of course chessiv is a classy dude, and put up his $50 too, so Pinside got $100 out of the entertainment.

#270 6 years ago

This might hold you over for a bit.....Nice clip about how Cumberbatch brought Smaug to life. If they have Smaug on the LCD during the game, talking to the player, that would be pretty fun.

#271 6 years ago

Bilbo Baggins multiball wizard mode featuring music by Leonard Nimoy?!

#272 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

» YouTube video

just lost my hearing

#273 6 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

Does he mean the vast majority of all Hobbit machines, or just the LE's?

Actually he said any of them to make it out the door before Dec 31st of this year. I don't think you will see 1 more or less a majority of anything.

#274 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

» YouTube video

Where is HD when you really need it? I wanted to see that shit in 1080P. With all those clothes flying around in the back of that rock, they must have been having a hardcore orgy. I don't remember that in LOTR.

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

» YouTube video

lmfao. Great find, you gave me my morning laugh.

#276 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

» YouTube video

yes great find. However some things can never be unseen. Whatever possesed LN to do that..yikes!

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

... Whatever possesed LN to do that..yikes!

It was the 60s so I'd say LSD.

#278 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Actually he said any of them to make it out the door before Dec 31st of this year. I don't think you will see 1 more or less a majority of anything.

That didn't help clarify.....

2 weeks later
#279 6 years ago

Be for you all get your panties in a bunch this is a funny move clip not a statement on the game.

#280 6 years ago

hah! That's the first thing I said in the movie. Why the hell didn't the eagles take them all the way? Was there an eagle curfew?

#281 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

hah! That's the first thing I said in the movie. Why the hell didn't the eagles take them all the way? Was there an eagle curfew?

The eagles could only take it to the limit because they were afraid of the witchy woman even though it is a journey of the sorcerer.

#282 6 years ago

"We had a video conference call yesterday with our Team. They were shooting another white wood and it looks great! It is definitely a different shooting and flowing game than WOZ
Unique things in this game that have not been done before and it is a fast shooting game with a lot to shoot for.

The I/O board on WOZ is not fully populated with drivers but this game will fill up that whole board for sure.

I'm deciding what we show or don't show and maybe we will have more at the TPF and of course posted here first. Very happy the way this game is shaping up."

#283 6 years ago

Now THAT'S News!

Kolchak thats news.jpg
#284 6 years ago

Great news indeed! When is TPF?

#285 6 years ago

What do you think of Texas Pinball Festival ... ?

#286 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Great news indeed! When is TPF?

Two weeks

#287 6 years ago

not that i'm counting...

tps-countdown-11.jpg

#288 6 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

If necessary, doing the clear coat direct print cabinets internally (JJP) should be given ample consideration.

Those printers cost $200,000 and can only be serviced by a factory reps for $$$$$ (let alone the cost of consumables)

JJP would never get their money out of making ~500 games a year.

#289 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"We had a video conference call yesterday with our Team. They were shooting another white wood and it looks great! It is definitely a different shooting and flowing game than WOZ
Unique things in this game that have not been done before and it is a fast shooting game with a lot to shoot for.
The I/O board on WOZ is not fully populated with drivers but this game will fill up that whole board for sure.
I'm deciding what we show or don't show and maybe we will have more at the TPF and of course posted here first. Very happy the way this game is shaping up."

I am very excited for the Hobbit and updates to information are greatly appreciated

#290 6 years ago

Very cool Ice. Where did you get the quote from as i'm on the google group for jjp but must have missed this?

#291 6 years ago

Nice avatar Kerry!

cat gun.gif
#292 6 years ago

Thanks, I ran across it and have used it ever since. Makes me laugh every time

#293 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Very cool Ice. Where did you get the quote from as i'm on the google group for jjp but must have missed this?

Jack snuck it in there. As you know, a lot of clutter on the google group. Hopefully we'll see some good updates for TPF.

#294 6 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Be for you all get your panties in a bunch this is a funny move clip not a statement on the game.
» YouTube video

The benny hill skit made me laugh.

I think the eagles couldn't take them all the way there, because none of the creatures would go near the mountain since the dragon took over. Which explains why they didn't take them there in the hobbit, but WTF didn't the eagles just take frodo to mt. doom?

#295 6 years ago

Same here. It's going to be interesting to hear just what type of toys are filling up the IO board more then WOZ. Here's some guesses I have for the toys and features.

1. 11 drop targets.
2. Three of the five Smaug drop targets (the three on the right) may be a rising / lowering drop target bank similar to the one Tron and Attack From Mars. Personally I'm hoping the three targets are a moving target bank so players have some way to attack Smaug.
3. We know there are 4 pop up's in the middle of the playfield but are they all going to be character pop ups? I'm going to guess that one of the pop ups is a trap door and that a couple of them will have targets not only on the front but the back as well. Each pop up can be hit from behind by either shooting one of the ramp shots for the upper two pop ups or hitting the orbits for the lower pop ups.
4. Smaug will be interactive on at least the level of the castle in MM if not more.
5. We haven't seen everything under the playfield. Jack said something along the lines of a lot happening under the playfield in the machine as a lot happens underground in the movie. There could very well be a lower mini playfield.

#296 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

... WTF didn't the eagles just take frodo to mt. doom?

Because the Ring would have started whispering to whichever eagle is carrying Frodo "You know, if you just let him slip and fall, you could have the ring". That, and the ten thousand Orcs on the plain of Gorgorath with their archers would make a pincushion out of anything that tried flying overhead.

#297 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

» YouTube video

I did not know you were into LSD Panzer.

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

WTF didn't the eagles just take frodo to mt. doom?

The eagles picked Frodo up from Mt. Doom after the ring was destroyed IIRC. Frodo and Sam travelled on foot with Gollum.

#299 6 years ago

I think I know the answer to both eagles questions...because it was a book/movie. If they did, wouldn't be much of a story!

Seriously though, imagine the scrutiny that designers have to go through for any licensed work like this. You have to get something that has the feel of a work of art that many people likely take too seriously. Would be a tough job. I have a lot of respect for those who have to do so. Imagine having to satisfy movie fans, band fans, or car fans all with their own eccentricities. Props to all of these guys make such great pins!

#300 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

3. We know there are 4 pop up's in the middle of the playfield but are they all going to be character pop ups? I'm going to guess that one of the pop ups is a trap door and that a couple of them will have targets not only on the front but the back as well. Each pop up can be hit from behind by either shooting one of the ramp shots for the upper two pop ups or hitting the orbits for the lower pop ups.

They are all character pop-ups. This has been confirmed by the designer, as well as what you can see in this pic.

292.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside