47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 201.
#2301 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

So why on earth would they not say that during the reveal? If this is true it would be an epic mistake considering how many people I know personally who cancelled their orders based on the reaction from Expo. I hope they do come up with something cool in place of the book. Maybe something that initially got cut for cost reasons might be returning? An LCD?

I don't know guy, why did the Crystal ball LCD not get shown for a while either... Just sit back n enjoy. Thanks

#2302 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I hope you are right, but I am not confident that much can be done in one month without last minute changes to the playfield itself

And why are you so certain all the changes were made last minute? More likely answer is that features were held back at Expo because they were not ready, still being developed, or they simply did not want to reveal at that time. It probably had to do with code integration.

Quoted from John_I:

So why on earth would they not say that during the reveal? If this is true it would be an epic mistake considering how many people I know personally who cancelled their orders based on the reaction from Expo

If I believed everything I read on pinside, then there was an "epic" cancellation wave & half of all the pre-orders for TH cancelled after Expo. That's completely contrary to everything I've read & heard since then. I'm sure some people dropped out, but not the huge disaster described here in the past.

I believe the expo reveal was a bare bones prototype, and most of the unique, exciting features were held back for IAPPA. I don't think it's too far a stretch to believe that the playfield art, VUKs, metal ramps, background area may all look vastly different when revealed. I'm staying positive, as always.

#2303 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

thks for ruining my hopes

Sorry it was already there on the pin at the expo. But don't let your hopes go It was said the area will get a function in future games. Or we can hope for an upgrade on existing games?

#2304 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Sorry it was already there on the pin at the expo. But don't let your hopes go It was said the area will get a function in future games. Or we can hope for an upgrade on existing games?

Thks. Yeah was too lazy to look up old pics. Im thinking this is going to be a great game!

#2305 9 years ago

Ok, whoever is going to this thing, we need you to spend the night out front tonight so you can get in first thing, get yourself through the crowd, resist the temptation to play the Japanese butt slapping machines and sega toilet games, and make your way straight to the JJP booth and file a full report with pics and video, and no waiting to get back to your room that night to upoad. Your efforts will be greatly appreciated.

#2306 9 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Why is the pic taken from the ground level.

Shoe-cam

#2307 9 years ago
Quoted from BillE:

Your efforts will be greatly appreciated.

yes, please video and picts please! we need full Hobbit coverage on this one

#2308 9 years ago

I dunno, I kinda want a full report on the Japanese butt slapping machines now.

#2309 9 years ago

I hope those VUK casing will be replaced with wireform.

#2310 9 years ago

I think we need to wait till the AM.

#2311 9 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

I hope those VUK casing will be replaced with wireform.

#2312 9 years ago

From Jack on the owner's group:

"We implemented many changes that are on these games at IAAPA - there are a few changes that are NOT on these games but will be for Production. I want to compile a list of them. Many were due to feedback, some were happening anyway."

#2313 9 years ago

Jack is doing great things here. He's getting feedback, he's trying to improve the final product, I don't know how anyone can complain about the effort we are seeing with THLE.

#2314 9 years ago

So...when will the actual release date going to be announced? I can't imagine it's actually going to ship in December as originally anticipated.

#2315 9 years ago

#2316 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So...when will the actual release date going to be announced? I can't imagine it's actually going to ship in December as originally anticipated.

Good news is even if its off a little or on time it's close!!!

#2317 9 years ago

The precious shall be revealed soon... Hehehe

#2318 9 years ago

There is definitely a punch it button in the middle of the lockdown bar. If you look closely enough you can see it on the machine next to Jack.

#2320 9 years ago

People are really clueless and naive to what was presented at expo, the game was a prototype.

Lockbar button missing, 5" LCD book missing, Smaug body missing with diverter . VUK wireforms missing. New playfield art.
Game will be fantastic. Can't wait Probably some other surprises as well. Something between the top speakers

#2321 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

People are really clueless and naive to what was presented at expo, the game was a prototype.
Lockbar button missing, 5" LCD book missing, Smaug body missing with diverter . VUK wireforms missing. New playfield art.
Game will be fantastic. Can't wait Probably some other surprises as well. Something between the top speakers

We knew about the button, I hope you are correct on the rest! I will be playing it Friday morning, so we will see for sure.

#2322 9 years ago

Its hard to believe there is a market where people drop 9k on a pin without knowing any of the details and a seller shows a prototype a couple of months before the game is suppose to ship and still has "surprises" for folks spending 9k.

#2323 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Its hard to believe there is a market where people drop 9k on a pin without knowing any of the details and a seller shows a prototype a couple of months before the game is suppose to ship and still has "surprises" for folks spending 9k.

You mean like in the car market or the high end electronics market or the pro audio market? Bad ass boys like their bad ass toys

#2324 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

You mean like in the car market or the high end electronics market or the pro audio market? Bad ass boys like their bad ass toys

Well, in the markets you mentioned you can test drive/hear/see prior to purchase. With this pin its a big surprise.. Like the Smaug SE, they will sell as many as people want till Dec. 31 but all you get to play is a prototype. Of course those customers are just "clueless" and "naive"

Post edited by ZenTron: typo

#2325 9 years ago

duplicate

#2326 9 years ago

I'll most likely not have a chance to play The Hobbit LE till its in my house and same with Predator and Aliens but I have the cash and love pinball especially the new great titles and if for some reason they suck and I have to sell and take a loss, who cares?

#2327 9 years ago

LOL at 10k by Christmas guy calling people clueless and naive!

#2328 9 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

yes, please video and picts please! we need full Hobbit coverage on this one

And while you're there can you stop by the Intamin and Bolliger & Mabillard booths and report on what's new next summer please

#2329 9 years ago

My opinion is wait till you see more. Because when everything is speculated, your fantasy rises up and then it could be dissapointment when the fantasy matches the reality. Sorry for my bad englisch

#2330 9 years ago

up... this post is too low

#2331 9 years ago

its 6am here in Orlando and 58 degrees
ill be at iappa 8- 830 ish
ill post pics there fellas, as if you read a few pages back I already stated that
Yes a video as well
Ill Shoot it when I get there

Pincades
Chicagoland JJP Dist

.Ill show
the playfield as well in detail.

JT

#2332 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball1971:

My opinion is wait till you see more. Because when everything is speculated, your fantasy rises up and then it could be dissapointment when the fantasy matches the reality. Sorry for my bad englisch

Another brand new account made just a few hours ago with this being the first post. Seriously Robin you need to make it so that people at least accumulate some Karma before they can post These fake accounts are getting plentiful.

#2333 9 years ago

Today's the day. Two hobbit at iappa.

#2334 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

You're right! I mean, JJP did such a WONDERFUL job of communicating at Expo that this was a prototype!

#2335 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Nothing and I say again nothing to do with naivity. And yes, we were left clueless due to a very poor presentation and even worse communication.

Hope Jack is doing it better this time. He already said that not all changes are implemented in the 2 models that are shown during the IAAPA but he will publish a list that contains updates for the production model.

#2336 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Another brand new account made just a few hours ago with this being the first post. Seriously Robin you need to make it so that people at least accumulate some Karma before they can post These fake accounts are getting plentiful.

I read always this forum and now i found to react because à lot of people are negative. I think first see TH and then discus. And this is no. fake, i found that you always post Nice treats so i find it à bit strange how you react.

#2337 9 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

JT

So we are ready

#2338 9 years ago

Have any of u guys ever been to iappa?

It's like arcade heaven! The best of the best new stuff, smoke show models walking around in booths, everything is amazing at this show.

#2339 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Have any of u guys ever been to iappa?
It's like arcade heaven! The best of the best new stuff, smoke show models walking around in booths, everything is amazing at this show.

ok..then take some pictures of the smoke show models....of course in between pictures of The Hobbit.

#2340 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

You're right! I mean, JJP did such a WONDERFUL job of communicating at Expo that this was a prototype!

Ain't that the truth. They didn't defend much at all at the show. I know there are things they have to leave out due to the 3rd movie, but come on. If your product is going to be changed that dramatically, that it's going to look mediocre. Bringing it, to one of the bigger trade shows of the year, is not a good idea. All it is going to do is hurt sales. Especially when the competition was showing off things much more impressive.

If things are going to be lacking, at least try and explain without revealing to much, that it is a very early prototype and that many things are missing from the from the final design and look. Everyone I talked to at the show, had no clue if this was the final product or not. And I talked to a crapload of people.

#2341 9 years ago

It has already been stated on the JJP forum that not all production items are on the game at IAPPA so what is being shown is still not a complete game.

#2342 9 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

its 6am here in Orlando and 58 degrees
ill post pics there fellas, as if you read a few pages back I already stated that
Yes a video as well
Ill Shoot it when I get there
Pincades
Chicagoland JJP Dist
.Ill show
the playfield as well in detail.
JT

You should start a new thread with "IAAPA Hobbit pictures and video" so it doesn't get lost thousands of posts deep in this thread. A link from this thread to the new one can be posted too.

#2343 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Its hard to get a good bagel down here in Florida outside of Ft Lauderdale.

Where do you get a good bagel in Ft. Lauderdale? I will be down there next month..

#2344 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Where do you get a good bagel in Ft. Lauderdale? I will be down there next month..

Good Bagel, kind of an oxymoron isn't it? Just give me a donut

#2345 9 years ago

Wow. New playfield look awesome.

#2346 9 years ago

Updated playfield artwork. image.jpgimage.jpg

#2347 9 years ago

From Facebook feed

Updated Hobbit Playfield Artwork!
Updates Revealed at IAAPA:
In games at the show
+ Book LCD
+ Replaced VUK exit chutes with wireforms
+ Bumper enter/exit through Bag End (removed "Switch Mode" targets)
+ Laser etched Ramp lettering / RGB LEDs underneath
+ Smaug™ sculpt redesign
+ Gold pile in front of Smaug™
+ Columns, gold pile & lighting in upper left
+ Flasher lighting/domes (3 on left side, 3 on right side, 1 gold pile, 1 pop bumper)
+ New art on playfield plastics
+ Action button and RGB LED
+ New decals - arch, shooter, drops, ramps, spinners
+ 2 RGB LED Smaug™ lighting
+ Redesigned bumper barrels to accommodate book LCD
+ New backglass art
+ New drop target colors
- Closed entrance to shooter lane from outlane
Yet to come for production:
+ New playfield art
+ Bumper 10pt switch between top and right (through-the-bumper shot)
+ New Playfield art
+ Beast GI lighting
+ Smaug™ eyes lighting (single color)
+ Laser-cut ramp gate with added GI lighting
+ Smaller axes on slings
Updated Hobbit Playfield Artwork!

Updates Revealed at IAAPA:

In games at the show
+ Book LCD
+ Replaced VUK exit chutes with wireforms
+ Bumper enter/exit through Bag End (removed "Switch Mode" targets)
+ Laser etched Ramp lettering / RGB LEDs underneath
+ Smaug™ sculpt redesign
+ Gold pile in front of Smaug™
+ Columns, gold pile & lighting in upper left
+ Flasher lighting/domes (3 on left side, 3 on right side, 1 gold pile, 1 pop bumper)
+ New art on playfield plastics
+ Action button and RGB LED
+ New decals - arch, shooter, drops, ramps, spinners
+ 2 RGB LED Smaug™ lighting
+ Redesigned bumper barrels to accommodate book LCD
+ New backglass art
+ New drop target colors
- Closed entrance to shooter lane from outlane

Yet to come for production:

+ New playfield art
+ Bumper 10pt switch between top and right (through-the-bumper shot)
+ New Playfield art
+ Beast GI lighting
+ Smaug™ eyes lighting (single color)
+ Laser-cut ramp gate with added GI lighting
+ Smaller axes on slings

#2348 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Wow. New playfield look awesome.

Post a pic or it didn't happen
Edit: too slow.... thanks

#2349 9 years ago

I like red Smaug better.

IMG_9213-1.JPGIMG_9213-1.JPG
#2350 9 years ago

Wow. New playfield art looks 100x better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.