Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 201.
#2251 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

17-18 one of those

Ok so monday or tuesday of next week, sweet! Thanks for the info.

#2252 5 years ago

IAPPA starts today

#2253 5 years ago

Somebody send us some updated info on the Hobbit when available! Thanks

#2254 5 years ago

Tomorrow likely. Today is set up

#2255 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Tomorrow likely. Today is set up

Ok, looks like we'll need to wait one more day

#2256 5 years ago

Maybe tonightimage-424.jpg

#2257 5 years ago

That very much looks like a Smaug Edition...

#2258 5 years ago

There is something in the upper right corner of the playfield that looks like a LCD display in this picture or am I wrong?

#2259 5 years ago

Nice catch. I believe you are correct.

#2261 5 years ago

That also looks like a lit button on the lockdown bar just next to his watch. The armor doesn't look very...uh...*gold* in the pics. Hopefully it looks better in person. Lorenzo? Any thoughts?

#2262 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The armor doesn't look very...uh...*gold* in the pics

I looks like an antique gold color which I think would be appropriate for the pin. I wouldn't expect a bright yellow gold ...

#2263 5 years ago

My point was that it didn't have the metallic finish like the RR75 has. But now that I look at the picture again, I see that the RR75 next to it doesn't show that, either. So it's gotta just be bad lighting.

#2264 5 years ago

I was about to say that I hope this round doesn't contain all the bitching, but then I thought, . . . wait a second, JJP seems to be responding to it by making positive changes . . . hmmmm.

#2265 5 years ago

Lol,, I'm not saying anything to get my self in trouble... But when I need to find something fuck csi I'm going to pinside

#2266 5 years ago

Why is the pic taken from the ground level.

#2267 5 years ago

I'm really excited about this game. The audio quality David has to work with will be killer

#2268 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I was about to say that I hope this round doesn't contain all the bitching, but then I thought, . . . wait a second, JJP seems to be responding to it by making positive changes . . . hmmmm.

Heh, I'll say this, when I saw that being (constructively!) critical brought about positive change I definitely kept it up. I have some idea of what to expect with the changes, but I'm looking forward to the actual reveal of any updates just as much as anyone else.

#2269 5 years ago

There can be no doubt that Smaug now eats and spits pinballs.

Oh, and a lower playfield viewed only by the LCD in Bag-End.

#2270 5 years ago

Aurich, I liked the red armor you did in your SE mock up. Would be curious to see it in that red with red buttons.

#2271 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Maybe tonight

image-424.jpg 94 KB

PLEASE TONIGHT.

#2272 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

We're going off the rails..... on the hype-train!

ozzy_osbourne_crazy_train_by_nospoonkid-d71xafm.jpg

#2273 5 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Aurich, I liked the red armor you did in your SE mock up. Would be curious to see it in that red with red buttons.

I haven't seen the Smaug armor in person, they just had a bare cab with the art out at Expo (which looked great). Metallic (just had to catch myself writing Metallica!) powdercoat is really tough to photograph, so I'd withhold judgement until you see it in person personally.

I don't think the red I mocked up would work with this cabinet, I did that one with different art.

#2274 5 years ago

Hopefully they move at least one of those over to Free Play Florida after they are done with them at IAAPA.

#2275 5 years ago

Looking forward to seeing all the changes.

#2276 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I bet you will be able to shoot into the Smaug area somehow at least.

#2277 5 years ago

Thanks for posting that pic

Looks like there's going to be some new information to digest soon.

#2278 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Looking forward to seeing all the changes.

Quoted from Rockytop:

You can't be serious? The game designer is long gone from JJP. At most there will be a few superficial changes like a hurried replacement for the book after it suddenly became a "placeholder" when the game bombed at Expo.

#2279 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I hope so

#2280 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

You can't be serious? The game designer is long gone from JJP. At most there will be a few superficial changes like a hurried replacement for the book after it suddenly became a "placeholder" when the game bombed at Expo.

Wow are you a negative nancy.

#2281 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Just saying not to set your hopes to high so not to be too disappointed. At Expo everyone expected the Smaug toy to be the greatest thing since sliced bread and we all know how that turned out.

#2282 5 years ago

Alex, will the SE have a gold shooter rod? As shown also in the brochure. The one on the picture has a silver one.

#2283 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Just saying not to set your hopes to high so not to be too disappointed. At Expo everyone expected the Smaug toy to be the greatest thing since sliced bread and we all know how that turned out.

Turned out to be the greatest thing since sliced NY bagels

#2284 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Turned out to be the greatest thing since sliced NY bagels

Now you are talking. Its hard to get a good bagel down here in Florida outside of Ft Lauderdale.

#2285 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I don't take myself too seriously, especially when it comes to pinball, but yes I believe there will be more than superficial changes.

Jack said new shots. That seems like the best area for new shots, so I would say logically, it is more likely than not, that you will be able to shoot into Smaug somehow.

#2286 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

And obviously hasn't been following the post-expo info. I'm really interested to see the new playfield art

#2287 5 years ago

I keep checking for updates during the breaks on jury duty!

#2288 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I don't take myself too seriously, especially when it comes to pinball, but yes I believe there will be more than superficial changes.
Jack said new shots. That seems like the best area for new shots, so I would say logically, it is more likely than not, that you will be able to shoot into Smaug somehow.

I hope you are right, but I am not confident that much can be done in one month without last minute changes to the playfield itself. I look forward to playing it this week. My favorite part of this game is the huge number of individually controlled drop targets. I am a drop target kind of guy and to me this is the main "toy" on this game.

#2289 5 years ago

It's been too quiet on Pinside the last week or so. Excited to see what this sparks in the coming days. Ideally it remains positive...

#2290 5 years ago

Jack has not been very free with info and updates on THLE

#2291 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Book was a place holder the whole time.

#2292 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I hope you are right, but I am not confident that much can be done in one month without last minute changes to the playfield itself. I look forward to playing it this week. My favorite part of this game is the huge number of individually controlled drop targets. I am a drop target kind of guy and to me this is the main "toy" on this game.

You could be right too...I guess we'll find out soon. The drops do look sweet.

#2293 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I don't like the shade of yellow he used for the flipper buttons

#2294 5 years ago

Very anxious to see this.

#2295 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Book was a place holder the whole time.

So why on earth would they not say that during the reveal? If this is true it would be an epic mistake considering how many people I know personally who cancelled their orders based on the reaction from Expo. I hope they do come up with something cool in place of the book. Maybe something that initially got cut for cost reasons might be returning? An LCD?

#2296 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

So why on earth would they not say that during the reveal? If this is true it would be an epic mistake considering how many people I know personally who cancelled their orders based on the reaction from Expo. I hope they do come up with something cool in place of the book. Maybe something that initially got cut for cost reasons might be returning? An LCD?

The whole reveal was off......very strange.

#2297 5 years ago

And what about the image in the middle between the speakers?

#2298 5 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

And what about the image in the middle between the speakers?

It is a decal.

#2299 5 years ago

thks for ruining my hopes

#2300 5 years ago

Looks like the book became a LCD-book.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Machine - For Sale
Asheboro, NC
7,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pensacola, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside