Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 201.
#2151 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Hope you guys make a nice new thread with updates for the ones that are left behind

I can post live info as jack announces for sure. Ill be sitting there

#2152 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Thank you!

#2153 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Thanks!

#2154 5 years ago

Here are some new goodies for everyone - showing the whole cabinet package. ENJOY

Did you spot what's NEW and previously unknown ? The Hobbit will be a BEAST... more game than WOZ and we all know Jack will have more surprises he will announce on his own of other great stuff on the game we yet don't know about.

LE will have Shaker, Invisiglass...

WANT ONE ? We have a number of Hobbit LE's still available (I know JJP was close to sold out and many smaller distributors are sold out)... So if you want one - give us a shout... Soon the standards will be announced as well and the LE pricing might go up at that time - just an FYI...

Payment plans are available - just ask...

Please email me at email below - not PM me here - it's easier for me to track my communications on regular email.. TY...

Come see us at the York Show this weekend !

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
Sales@PinballSTAR.com
570-357-0042

hobbitcabinetleftNEW.jpg
hobbitcabinetrightNEW.jpg

hobbitbannerNEW.jpg
#2155 5 years ago

What's new besides the button and backglass (way better than old one)?? The art is the same (nut sack king on left, white Orc on right). Disappointed.

#2156 5 years ago

Don't know if this is new or not, but I spot a button on center of lockdown bar that I didn't remember seeing previously.

#2157 5 years ago

New backglass means bigger LCD!?

#2158 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Don't know if this is new or not, but I spot a button on center of lockdown bar that I didn't remember seeing previously.

Dammit, I bet that's the button for the user controlled diverter. But I DON'T see an extra side button in those pictures. I had suggested to Jack when he said at Allentown that the button might need to move to the lockbar so people knew it was there, to instead wire two buttons in parallel. One button on the lockbar and one on the side of the cab in reach of fingers without removing a hand. I certainly hope he took that advice.

One of the biggest gripes I have playing the new Star Trek is having to take my hand off the flippers to hit that big button to attack the Defiance. It's risky and not natural. It will be worse to control a diverter using this method, as that requires acutal coordination with a physical ball.

#2159 5 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

Dammit, I bet that's the button for the user controlled diverter. But I DON'T see an extra side button in those pictures. I had suggested to Jack when he said at Allentown that the button might need to move to the lockbar so people knew it was there, to instead wire two buttons in parallel. One button on the lockbar and one on the side of the cab in reach of fingers without removing a hand. I certainly hope he took that advice.
One of the biggest gripes I have playing the new Star Trek is having to take my hand off the flippers to hit that big button to attack the Defiance. It's risky and not natural. It will be worse to control a diverter using this method, as that requires acutal coordination with a physical ball.

Its probably a button to release that giant gold dwarf thing.

#2160 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Did you spot what's NEW and previously unknown ?

Button on the lockdown bar.

LTG : )

#2161 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

What's new besides the button and backglass (way better than old one)?? The art is the same (nut sack king on left, white Orc on right). Disappointed.

I know it's been discussed to death, but I'll agree that it's still a very odd design choice to have the largest and most prominent characters on each side be the villains. Especially when they're as unattractive as the goblin king. With the photoshop art package, it would only take a few clicks of the mouse to pop them out of there, or shrink them down and tuck them in the background somewhere. Oh well, at least they're not on the back glass!

#2162 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Nut sack is now in hi-def....

#2163 5 years ago

I thought I read early on that they were going to go with combo buttons, like what's on RFM/SWE1. Did I misread this somewhere? If true, I would imagine the lockdown bar button is something else.

Separate note, I'm kind of sick of lockdown bar buttons. Stern has made that into a cliche at this point.

#2164 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I know it's been discussed to death, but I'll agree that it's still a very odd design choice to have the largest and most prominent characters on each side be the villains. Especially when they're as unattractive as the goblin king. With the photoshop art package, it would only take a few clicks of the mouse to pop them out of there, or shrink them down and tuck them in the background somewhere. Oh well, at least they're not on the back glass!

I hear ya. I don't have a problem with the villains being on the side art but I wish they didn't take up so much space and in the case of the Orc be front and center.

#2165 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Button on the lockdown bar.
LTG : )

I'm going to guess it's used for a mini crossbow toy on the apron of the game.

#2166 5 years ago

Is there something new between the speakers ?

H0B.png
#2167 5 years ago
Quoted from B9:

H0B.png 162 KB

IS THAT THE ARCHON STONE?

#2168 5 years ago

This was posted in another thread and the source is https://twitter.com/BrooklynPinball/status/519629740433354753

H0b2.png

#2169 5 years ago

Much to digest.......

#2170 5 years ago

Can someone please call Jack to send us an non-blurry version of this picture....

#2171 5 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Can someone please call Jack to send us an non-blurry version of this picture....

Reminds me of a joke

#2172 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm going to guess it's used for a mini crossbow toy on the apron of the game.

It would be cool if the crossbow shot out a laser light when activated to show where the arrow hits, with a sensor on Smaug in the "sensitive" spot.

#2173 5 years ago
Quoted from B9:

It would be cool if the crossbow shot out a laser light when activated to show where the arrow hits, with a sensor on Smaug in the "sensitive" spot.

Be cooler to shoot real bolts (arrows)...

#2174 5 years ago
Quoted from B9:

New Jack Hobbit?

#2175 5 years ago
Quoted from B9:

H0B.png 162 KB

Nice catch. It could very well be a flasher.

#2176 5 years ago
Quoted from B9:

H0B.png 162 KB

Could it be a camera?

#2177 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

In ever direction?

You of all people shouldn't be commenting on someone's obvious keystroke error. You can barely form a coherent sentence.

#2178 5 years ago

sorry spit coffee on to key board, thanks a lot Alex!

#2181 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

TaTa said:
Could it be a camera?

No

bah

#2182 5 years ago

I'll go on record and say it's a hologram projector that will shoot a video of Smaug onto the glass when the arrow is loaded and you'll have to shoot him with the lockdown bar button at the right time to kill him... or he eats you (ball drains down outlane).

#2183 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I'll go on record and say it's a hologram projector that will shoot a video of Smaug onto the glass when the arrow is loaded and you'll have to shoot him with the lockdown bar button at the right time to kill him... or he eats you (ball drains down outlane).

Naw man, its the glowing archon stone.

#2184 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

No

#2185 5 years ago

That hole is were the game shoots out a blast of propane and burns your i brows off lmao

#2186 5 years ago

It's where I wanted to put the camera... But not happening.

#2187 5 years ago

But tell me it wouldn't be cool!

#2188 5 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Remote controlled fire hose to extinguish flames from Smaug or to target players critical of JJP?

#2189 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

It's where I wanted to put the camera... But not happening.

Oke, but does it house a cool feature?

#2190 5 years ago

Just 1 week now, and we will all see the Hobbit!!!

I'm really excited to see it, sadly from a far in the UK, but looking forward to photos and videos from the Expo.

#2191 5 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Just 1 week now, and we will all see the Hobbit!!!
I'm really excited to see it, sadly from a far in the UK, but looking forward to photos and videos from the Expo.

Very excited about what the expo will bring.

From Jack on JJP forum:

'I was in our Midwest Campus - the guys there are finishing up many things. They are building a few games, One for Expo, One for NJ - Production, One for Europe, One for Australia and a few for IAAPA.'

So maybe you can see one in person soon. Personally I hope you have to travel to The Netherlands for it

#2192 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Careful, you might get a C&D for misrepresenting the product

#2193 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I thought I read early on that they were going to go with combo buttons, like what's on RFM/SWE1. Did I misread this somewhere? If true, I would imagine the lockdown bar button is something else.

I also remember hearing this and hope that its still a possibility

#2194 5 years ago

Thing between speakers is a mind reader that you use to control the diverters.

#2195 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Very excited about what the expo will bring.
From Jack on JJP forum:
'I was in our Midwest Campus - the guys there are finishing up many things. They are building a few games, One for Expo, One for NJ - Production, One for Europe, One for Australia and a few for IAAPA.'
So maybe you can see one in person soon. Personally I hope you have to travel to The Netherlands for it

Sorry to disappoint but it will go to Germany.

#2196 5 years ago
Quoted from seeker939:

Sorry to disappoint but it will go to Germany.

To whom in Germany?

#2197 5 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

To whom in Germany?

Adolf.

1 week later
#2198 5 years ago

Almost time for the Expo update

#2199 5 years ago

In 20 minuts? (Getting late here, home of tbl, lol)

#2200 5 years ago

Might as well have these images in this thread as well

303346-i.png 303348-i.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside