47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 201.
#2101 9 years ago

Just heard that HOBBIT LE will be released BEFORE Christmas, same time as the film!?

Pretty reliable source as well.

Anyone else have any more info?

#2102 9 years ago

That is what JJP has been saying, but no one believes them. We'll see - I think they have a shot

#2104 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

will be release yes but how many, one?

Probably just a few - I don't expect mine for several months after. I ordered mine in July. Time for a Whiskey Sour...brb

#2105 9 years ago

Wasn't there a contractual obligation to release it with the last film? So around Christmas would be about right. Shipping would probably begin in the new year, and I think the factory is capable of at lease 10-20 games per week?

#2106 9 years ago

Yes shipping some games in December

#2107 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Wasn't there a contractual obligation to release it with the last film? So around Christmas would be about right. Shipping would probably begin in the new year, and I think the factory is capable of at lease 10-20 games per week?

Factory pumping out way more then those numbers the past two months on woz so the hope is it continues with hobbit

#2108 9 years ago

I have a feeling the hobbit will go much smoother than woz. I'm looking forward to Expo!

#2109 9 years ago

What is the current payment schedule for the Hobbit? I think the last payment was originally due in July - when is it due now?

#2110 9 years ago

From a JJP email back in June:

"For anyone who has their FINAL payment due on 6/15/14 for a Hobbit LE Pre-Order, please be advised that we are extending this payment until further notice. When this payment schedule was originally created, the 3rd Hobbit Movie was set for release in July 2014. The Hobbit Pinball Machine is still on schedule to begin production in late 2014 to coincide with the 3rd Hobbit Movie which will be released in December 2014."

#2111 9 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

You guys are not thinking innovation

I've thought about this a lot since I read it. Innovation..innovation.. I've decided it means it's a damn good thing I'm not a pinball designer, because I wouldn't have a clue...

#2112 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Factory pumping out way more then those numbers the past two months on woz so the hope is it continues with hobbit

Quoted from dannunz:

I have a feeling the hobbit will go much smoother than woz. I'm looking forward to Expo!

I'm pulling for JJP on this one. Would love to see them put the WOZ issues in the rear view mirror and become a truly viable company, where they just make games and people buy them and the drama recedes to the same level as Stern, where people bitch and things break, but it's all just normal pinball.

I'm looking forward to TBL the most at Expo, but if there's a full Hobbit reveal I'm definitely pumped to see the full thing.

#2113 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

You KNOW there'd be a picture of someone's ass on there the first day...

Or worse...

#2114 9 years ago

May I remind everyone it's even less then 10 days until Expo ...

#2115 9 years ago

I keeps getting more confusing.......what 'standard features' will The Hobbit have....how many version will there be?

Info on the sites of distributors has not much consistency. There even will be a standard version?

http://www.hemispheresamusements.com/new-pinball-inventory

The Hobbit standard.jpgThe Hobbit standard.jpg

The Hobbit LE.jpgThe Hobbit LE.jpg

From what I collected from internet sources the LE will have:

- No topper
- Wooden apron with map
- Cabinet and backbox decals
- Invisiglass
- Shaker
- Powdercoated legs and siderails

Kind of weird we have to wait till the expo for any confirmations....

#2116 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

I keeps getting more confusing.......what 'standard features' will The Hobbit have....how many version will there be?
Info on the sites of distributors has not much consistency. There even will be a standard version?

- No topper
- Wooden apron with map
- Invisiglass
- Shaker

The Hobbit LE.jpg 42 KB

The Hobbit standard.jpg 40 KB

Probably some distributors making some setups up by themselves... As far as I know so far the standard version hasn't been announced officially.

#2117 9 years ago

- No topper
- Wooden apron with map
- Invisiglass
- Shaker

9k for the LE and 8k for the standard??? Where'd you get THAT from?

#2118 9 years ago

- No topper
- Wooden apron with map
- Invisiglass
- Shaker

The Hobbit LE.jpg 42 KB

Read again no invisaglass on LE optional only

#2119 9 years ago

I was under the assumption that the LE-preorders would have the invisiglass?? Can JJP chime in on this matter??

#2120 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Read again no invisaglass on LE optional only

I have read it and the invisiglass was confirmed by someone here on the forum. He got a reply from Jack stating that both invisiglass and shaker will be present in the LE model.

The source in the link I am not referring to. My point is a lot of distributors show different specs. Nothing officially confirmed until today......

#2121 9 years ago

#2122 9 years ago

If you want to know...just CALL JACK...

#2123 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

If you want to know...just CALL JACK...

Hmmmm....seems to me JJP has the give information duty and the buyer not the get information duty.

#2124 9 years ago

Why speculate...just call...

#2125 9 years ago

It has been almost 2 YEARS with no information about a 'regular' edition or what features the LE version will have differently and you're just now stating that it's weird you have to wait another week to hear the details at Expo?? You've waited this long, what's another week?

And this is absolutely nothing new from JJP. It was frequently the same case during WOZ development that distributors would get new details and leak them before we ever got an official announcement from JJP. Sorry, but it's true.

#2126 9 years ago

MSRP on JJP pins is a confusing subject. I thought the Hobbit LE was supposed to be $7500 pre-order price with a $8K MSRP? Now the Standard is $8K and the LE $9K. If it's anything like WOZ we'll see increases on both of these prices as well before they ship.

On WOZ the standard game started out with a $6500 pre-order price followed by an increase to $7000 and then $8K. Wonder if the Hobbit Standard will follow suit and be priced at $9K non-preorder price. Maybe we'll see a 2nd LE (similar to Ruby Red) break the magical $10K barrier?

#2127 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

It has been almost 2 YEARS with no information about a 'regular' edition or what features the LE version will have differently and you're just now stating that it's weird you have to wait another week to hear the details at Expo?? You've waited this long, what's another week?

That is your conclusion I stated it before. And indeed, just a week to go.

#2128 9 years ago

I think it's better if JJP doesn't list any features at this point unless they are 100% sure those features will be going into the game. I also don't see much of a downside to just waiting to reveal the completed game in it's entirety.

I pre-ordered the Hobbit without a clear idea of what would be included with the LE and the understanding that any features listed at the time could change when the game is put into production.

So why pre-order? Because it locks in the $7500 price and I can get a refund if I'm not happy with the game or the included features when it's finished.

#2129 9 years ago

I have read it and the invisiglass was confirmed by someone here on the forum. He got a reply from Jack stating that both invisiglass and shaker will be present in the LE model.
The source in the link I am not referring to. My point is a lot of distributors show different specs. Nothing officially confirmed until today......

Yeah I have an email from Jack saying it was included in the LE

#2130 9 years ago

In other hobbit news.....new poster out today. Really like that image of Bilbo more than any of the other pics seen so far in the marketing materials. Hopefully this image of Bilbo will appear on the backglass, because he really looks badass Can't wait!

The_Hobbit__The_Battle_of_the_Five_Armies_10.jpgThe_Hobbit__The_Battle_of_the_Five_Armies_10.jpg

#2131 9 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

In other hobbit news.....new poster out today. Really like that image of Bilbo more than any of the other pics seen so far in the marketing materials. Hopefully this image of Bilbo will appear on the backglass, because he really looks badass Can't wait!

The_Hobbit__The_Battle_of_the_Fi... 42 KB

Looks good.

This one has been posted before. Looks good too.
Hobbit-3-Poster.jpgHobbit-3-Poster.jpg

#2132 9 years ago

I certainly hope this will make it into the pin (starting from 1:43)

#2133 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm pulling for JJP on this one. Would love to see them put the WOZ issues in the rear view mirror and become a truly viable company, where they just make games and people buy them and the drama recedes to the same level as Stern, where people bitch and things break, but it's all just normal pinball.
I'm looking forward to TBL the most at Expo, but if there's a full Hobbit reveal I'm definitely pumped to see the full thing.

I have to laugh.....this is how out of it I have been at times in my life. I have seen this "TBL" acronym floating around. Didn't know what it was. Then I heard it was The Big Lebowski. Sounds like it will be a cool pin. Here is the rub, I have never even seen the movie!

#2134 9 years ago

Booked my room.. I will be at expo Thursday and Friday

#2135 9 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

I have to laugh.....this is how out of it I have been at times in my life. I have seen this "TBL" acronym floating around. Didn't know what it was. Then I heard it was The Big Lebowski. Sounds like it will be a cool pin. Here is the rub, I have never even seen the movie!

Right now TBL is the new pin to beat for me. Hobbit could end up the better game for sure, but in terms of what's been teased and revealed so far? TBL is my winner. Stoked to see it in person.

#2136 9 years ago

I certainly hope this will make it into the pin (starting from 1:43)
» YouTube video

I like this clip as well, but there may be many even better in the next movie. Is there a shot we could have actors do voice specifically for the pin ?

#2137 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Right now TBL is the new pin to beat for me. Hobbit could end up the better game for sure, but in terms of what's been teased and revealed so far? TBL is my winner. Stoked to see it in person.

That pretty much mirrors my thoughts. Looking forward to both of them being made. TBL has a bit of an edge for me on theme (though I think Hobbit is great too) as well as the fact that it is a standard vs Hobbit being a wide body.

#2138 9 years ago

Tbl should be code ready and build ready for shipping soon... I bet pats game info will be out before it ships. Then we all have decisions to make

#2139 9 years ago

Im thinking ordering both, right now only hobbit ordered and the two themes are so opposite how can you go wrong! Also sold my LOTR so Hobbit should be good replacement

#2140 9 years ago

Looks good.

Hobbit-3-Poster.jpg 181 KB

Not one thing about the Hobbit interest me, but that poster is awesome! If the pinball artwork looks anything like that, it will be one of the best looking pins around.

#2141 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Tbl should be code ready and build ready for shipping soon... I bet pats game info will be out before it ships. Then we all have decisions to make

I only disagree with this because I don't think JJP will want to reveal Pat's game before May/June at the earliest! So, for right now the only decision to be made (if you can only afford one new game right now, like most) is whether to buy TWD, TBL, or Hobbit. Pat's game will only negatively impact Hobbit sales so it only makes sense to not reveal it for another 6 months+.

#2142 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I only disagree with this because I don't think JJP will want to reveal Pat's game before May/June at the earliest! So, for right now the only decision to be made (if you can only afford one new game right now, like most) is whether to buy TWD, TBL, or Hobbit. Pat's game will only negatively impact Hobbit sales so it only makes sense to not reveal it for another 6 months+.

I seriously think tbl is 6 months or more away. But I agree with ur hobbit to pat time frame

#2143 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I seriously think tbl is 6 months or more away. But I agree with ur hobbit to pat time frame

That's not exactly news though, last payment for TBL is april. So they have 7 months and still be on time.

#2144 9 years ago

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Yeah I have an email from Jack saying it was included in the LE

Yep I clearly remember this! I thought Jack had also said at that time that the LE cabinets would be screened & clear coated as well. PDX hang on to that email please, cause it sounds like we have already lost the screen printed cabinet on the Hobbit LE. If we lose the Invisa glass and the shaker as well I am going to cancel my order.
Hopefully Jack will clarify at Expo...

#2145 9 years ago

Exciting times in ever direction of the hobby

#2146 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Quoted from lllvjr:

Booked my room.. I will be at expo Thursday and Friday

Hope you guys make a nice new thread with updates for the ones that are left behind

#2147 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Yep I clearly remember this! I thought Jack had also said at that time that the LE cabinets would be screened & clear coated as well. PDX hang on to that email please, cause it sounds like we have already lost the screen printed cabinet on the Hobbit LE. If we lose the Invisa glass and the shaker as well I am going to cancel my order.
Hopefully Jack will clarify at Expo...

I think JJP should just say that every LE they make comes with invisigalss and a shaker motor. That right there shows that they offer value with their games and offer more then then competition at the LE level. I don't see how they can't with WOZECLE coming with both and then not including it with The Hobbit LE which is priced higher then WOZ. Jack himself said that JJP is making The Hobbit with the mindset of "WOZ will be our worst game". To make TH better then WOZ it needs to include the LE feature set that WOZECLE came with in my opinion.

#2148 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That pretty much mirrors my thoughts. Looking forward to both of them being made. TBL has a bit of an edge for me on theme (though I think Hobbit is great too) as well as the fact that it is a standard vs Hobbit being a wide body.

Agreed, I really hope they keep (and put in) lost of the swearing in from the movie. I don't want this to be a 'watered' down studio discussion to make the pin 'family-friendly'.

By all means have a setting for family mode but this is the Big Lebowski after all.

#2149 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Exciting times in ever direction of the hobby

In ever direction?

#2150 9 years ago

Looks good.

Hobbit-3-Poster.jpg 181 KB

This one looks great. The other just looks like a wimp with a knife.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.