47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 201.
#1851 9 years ago

It really is amazing that you can find time to do anything for JJP. I mean ... to be able to monitor Pinside 24/7 and immediately jump on anyone who has the slightest negative thing to say about JJP. Impressive.

#1852 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

It really is amazing that you can find time to do anything for JJP. I mean ... to be able to monitor Pinside 24/7 and immediately jump on anyone who has the slightest negative thing to say about JJP. Impressive.

Considering what I actually do for a living I don't see how it's surprising Plus I have scripts that skulk threads so I get notified on replies to me so it's very easy actually. But I guess the same thing can be said of you.

"It really is amazing that you can find time to do anything for anybody. I mean ... to be able to monitor Pinside 24/7 and immediately jump on anyone who has the slightest positive thing to say about JJP. Impressive."

#1853 9 years ago

There have been hundreds of positive posts (from Goronic, Panzer, etc.) repeating the same things over and over and I haven't jumped on their every post.

So no ... no, it can't be said of me.

#1854 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Maybe they're just placeholders, I really hope so. Because they look awful. Frankly I'd trade pop bumper barrels for proper 3D molded axes, that's what's right in front of you.

You missed this one Pinchroma. Can you comment on whether these flat plastic axes are the final pieces that will be in the game?

#1855 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

There have been hundreds of positive posts (from Goronic, Panzer, etc.) repeating the same things over and over and I haven't jumped on their every post.
So no ... no, it can't be said of me.

Uh....yes it can.

"Anyone" might be an overstatement but that's true for both you and Alex, and you're the one who used it first.

Note: Just observations from another keyboard commando who has been reading these threads for a long time.

#1856 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

You missed this one Pinchroma. Care to comment on whether these cheap plastic axes are the final pieces that will be in the game?

No idea. I work on what goes on underneath the hood. I'm not a creative / visuals guy. Why I don't even address things Aurich says are for a multitude of reasons:

1) He actually provides genuine feedback because design is a core competency of his and he ALWAYS provides constructive criticism with points to be addressed. Not just "This sucks and that sucks". But makes realistic suggestions on how to fix them and as you can plainly see those criticisms were consumed and actioned where appropriate and feasible.

2) He doesn't DRONE ON AND ON with the same negative point incessantly. That's where you come in and why not only I but just about everyone else is tired of the drivel. We GET IT! You sound like stewie in this family guy clip (Thanks Greg this one is a fav of mine).

#1857 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

You missed this one Pinchroma. Care to comment on whether these cheap plastic axes are the final pieces that will be in the game?

Want to talk about TH's all metal ramps and rails? You love comparing WOZ and TH to a certain recently announced Stern game. That game has metal ramps and rails right? I mean for $7.5k+ it has to...

#1858 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Want to talk about TH's all metal ramps and rails? You love comparing WOZ and TH to TWDLE. That game has metal ramps and rails right? I mean for $7.5k+ it has to right?

Don't even bother.

One of my favorite quotes from one of the masters:

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” -George Carlin.

#1859 9 years ago

I don't understand why you always feel the need to turn the forum into an elementary school playground. And then if I actually respond to your childish attacks I'm the troll.

If others can post their same opinions over and over then I guess I will too.

#1860 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I don't understand why you always feel the need to turn the forum into an elementary school playground. And then if I actually respond to your childish attacks I'm the troll.

So you don't actually care to reply to what I said about the drivel? Because it's correct. That's why you are one of the most THUMBS DOWNED people on this forum. That's because the masses are incorrect about how you act and everyone else is the asshole.

Check..

Got it..

#1861 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Whoa Whoa...Wait...is that a good thing?

#1862 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Want to talk about TH's all metal ramps and rails? You love comparing WOZ and TH to a certain recently announced Stern game. That game has metal ramps and rails right? I mean for $7.5k+ it has to...

You have repeated this same point over and over and over again to me. I have never seen a person so in love with metal rails. Are you under the impression that metail rails are somehow a luxury item over molded plastic ones? I thought many folks preferred the look of the plastic since you can see through them? Is it really some sort of massive cost savings that Stern is getting there?

#1863 9 years ago

I honestly do monitor the crap out of this thread - I have issues

#1864 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

That's why you are one of the most THUMBS DOWNED people on this forum. That's because the masses are incorrect about how you act and everyone else is the asshole.
Check..
Got it..

I'm VERY confident that 90% of all thumbs downs against me are coming from the same 7 or so folks who literally thumbs down me on every thread I post. I'm interested in talking about games ... you're interested in bashing me personally and trying to discredit me.

#1865 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

metail rails are somehow a luxury item over molded plastic ones?

I think they are - I am afraid of the clear ramps 'yellowing' over time, but I hope I am wrong about that. Plus I think metal with all those pin lights give a nice reflective property.

#1866 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Personally, not a big fan of the "they're doing it so I might as well do it too" justification because
"they" say the same thing, resulting in a bunch of derailed threads.

#1867 9 years ago

CraZ4Pin - in most cases they (perhaps me if I have done it) are down voting your post (not you personally). It is a way of saying "I don't agree" or "I agree"/"Good Idea". Don't take it personally. Keep making your points - heck I have seen you post things I agree with.

#1868 9 years ago

By the way, I am looking for Smaug in the cell phone pic on Jack's cell phone, but it appears to be just out of view. Pinchroma, could you post a pic that may have the top of the playfield?

#1869 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

This is semantics. Did anyone ever think these were going to "interact" with the ball? They're essentially the same thing as the Boogie Men on Scared Stiff. Now, whether you like the flat plastic vs. expecting them to be 3D molds, that is a different question.

I never said the axes would interact.................

#1870 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

He actually provides genuine feedback because design is a core competency of his and he ALWAYS provides constructive criticism with points to be addressed. Not just "This sucks and that sucks". But makes realistic suggestions on how to fix them and as you can plainly see those criticisms were consumed and actioned where appropriate and feasible.

Said it before, say it again, JJP listening to the feedback and responding in actionable ways is a big plus.

The axes just look weird to me, because here we have a playfield full of molded 3D stuff, and the flat plastic just contrasts bizarrely.

I love the idea, I have the boogie men mod on my Scared Stiff that does that same thing, and if you've been lucky enough to play a DE King Kong (very cool game with a gorgeous mirrored backglass) they used plastic to do the sling animation too, but it was flat, running parallel to the sling plastics, and looked like it belonged there.

#1871 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So the slingshot axes really are flat plastic?

If they are easy to remove and not riveted on, its fixable...and I don't mean putting a flat piece of plastic back on.

#1872 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

If they are easy to remove and not riveted on, its fixable...and I don't mean putting a flat piece of plastic back on.

Adding mods to a game is fun. But having to replace parts on an 8k game because they look (and are) too cheap is not.

#1873 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I'm VERY confident that 90% of all thumbs downs against me are coming from the same 7 or so folks who literally thumbs down me on every thread I post. I'm interested in talking about games ... you're interested in bashing me personally and trying to discredit me.

Yup.. same 7 or so folks. Or maybe you meant 27?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/33#post-1906336
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/34#post-1906367
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/35#post-1907877

#1874 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

He actually provides genuine feedback because design is a core competency of his and he ALWAYS provides constructive criticism with points to be addressed. Not just "This sucks and that sucks". But makes realistic suggestions on how to fix them and as you can plainly see those criticisms were consumed and actioned where appropriate and feasible.

Uh huh. Right. So using this thread as an example ... First is Aurich's reaction to the pop-up toys. Then immediately after his post was my own (both, in full). Clearly, Aurich (no offense Aurich) has several suggestions on improving these and clearly my post was hate filled with a "this sucks" tone to it.

Quoted from Aurich:

I have to admit, I'm not a fan of those sculpts. They're just too lumpy for my tastes. They look like craft fair magnets someone sculpted for Eugene's Saturday Market. Cute, and maybe fun to buy for your friend's kid who likes the Hobbit, but not the level of professional work I expect for the price of this machine.
It's not really a make or break for me, they pop up, you hit them, they go away. So okay. And hell probably able to be modded if you really care, or fully replaced even. But they are disappointing. Like the playfield it's just a "what could have been" kind of deal, but I'll wait to see it all in context.
Here's the thing: and I don't mean to bag on Matt who seems like a hard working and really solid guy. The work on WOZ and now these sculpts, they don't really fill me with confidence about Smaug. And there's really no forgiving that one. If the quality is only up the the standards of what is shown here, and that's what Jack is okay with, I'm concerned. It's gotta be bad ass. Period point blank. You can't eff up the dragon.
So I'll wait until it's revealed, but that really is make or break. For what this game costs I won't settle for something that disappoints me every time I see it. So here's hoping Matt shows some spark that these toys haven't revealed yet.

Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I know there is a really nice guy behind the creation of these figures. But I wish JJP would use him where his skillset is strongest. Doing things like powdercoating and creating non-character decorations (like walls and other inanimate objects.) Because detailed character creation is not his strongest skill IMO.

#1875 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Uh huh. Right. So using this thread as an example ... First is Aurich's reaction to the pop-up toys. Then immediately after his post was my own. Clearly, Aurich (no offense Aurich) has several suggestions on improving these and clearly my post was hate filled with a "this sucks" tone to it.

It's all about the history. And yours is tainted. How you don't actually understand that baffles me. You are trite and repetitive. Like I said Aurich has opinions about creative elements of games. He also provides feedback on ways to rectify those again where feasible. The playfield was a great example of that. Feedback noted and mods made. You NEVER provide any feedback that can be construed as anything but pissing and moaning and again about the same things OVER and OVER again. Please for the love of god just stop. No one is listening (consuming) what you are saying. It's just static and as everyone knows who has left an old TV on overnight that noise becomes deafening.

#1876 9 years ago

Looking forward to the day my Hobbit arrives.

#1877 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

It's all about the history. And yours is tainted. How you don't actually understand that baffles me.

Of course it is and of course it does. Just baffling. It has nothing to do with Jack's (and now all of JJP's) fixation and tirade on me personally as being the only person on Earth who has some negative opinions for you.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

No one is listening (consuming) what you are saying. It's just static and as everyone knows who has left an old TV on overnight that noise becomes deafening.

If nobody listens to me then why do you (and several others from JJP) feel the need to attack me and my every post? Odd.

#1878 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Of course it is and of course it does. Just baffling. It has nothing to do with Jack's (and now all of JJP's) fixation and tirade on me personally as being the only person on Earth who has some negative opinions for you.

Ever stop to think why people single you out? It MUST be everyone else. It just has to be.

#1879 9 years ago

Why do i even come over to these threads...

You shouldn't call this Pinside.

Call it TrollSchool

#1880 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Ever stop to think why people single you out? It MUST be everyone else. It just has to be.

I don't feel singled out by anyone more than you.

The things I wonder about are more along the lines of ... why do JJP employees like you feel the need to stalk Pinside 24/7 and attack users personally when they have an opinion that is anything other then positive?? Why were 5 (or more??) JJP employees on Pinside the evening of a new release of Hobbit info waiting to respond to a wave of criticisim?? Why is JJP afraid to let people freely express their opinions without jumping in to try and stop it if it's negative?? Doesn't JJP have their own Google forum for "open" discussion on their games where Jack can (and does) directly moderate how discussions go??

#1881 9 years ago

This thread becomes incoherent when you put a certain individual on your "ignore user list", but it does make for some interesting reading.

P.S. Don't bother responding if you are ignored, I won't see it anyway.

#1882 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Why were 5 (or more??) JJP employees on Pinside the evening of a new release of Hobbit info waiting to respond to a wave of criticisim??

Because they care and are interested in feedback?

#1883 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

^^^ This Constructive feedback is always welcomed.

#1884 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yup, that sounds just like the Kool Aid they want you drinking. If they cared about feedback they would allow people to express it freely.

I guess Stern and every other new manufacturer out there just don't care about feedback.

#1885 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

If they cared about feedback they would allow people to express it freely.

And you have. Several times.

#1887 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

You have repeated this same point over and over and over again to me. I have never seen a person so in love with metal rails. Are you under the impression that metail rails are somehow a luxury item over molded plastic ones? I thought many folks preferred the look of the plastic since you can see through them? Is it really some sort of massive cost savings that Stern is getting there?

Metal rails and ramps are a premium option over molded plastic ones. It's like standard rims or nice chrome rims on a sports car, cloth or leather seating, etc. Stern even advertises metal ramps and rails as a premium feature on some of their games. Look at Star Trek by Stern. Plastic rails on the pro but metal on the premium and LE. The only modern Stern pro game to include metal ramps and rails is Metallica Pro and Stern themselves advertises this in the games feature matrix and flyer. Plastic ramps and rails are fine at the pro level but when we are talking $7.5k+ for a pinball machine the game should at least include metal ramps or rails and if the design allows for it both. Would I like the axes in The Hobbit to be metal? Heck yes. Would I rather have plastic ramps and rails but metal axes...no.

I've never seen a pinball company advertise plastic ramps and rails as a feature...

ramps.JPGramps.JPG

#1888 9 years ago

If it's a "premium option" over molded plastic ones ... then why are you showing the feature listing of a "Pro" model which is considered the lowest model Stern sells, no?

#1889 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

If it's a "premium option" over molded plastic ones ... then why are you showing the feature listing of a "Pro" model which is considered the lowest model Stern sells, no?

I said that Metallica is the only modern Stern pro to offer metal ramps and rails. That's not the case with other pro's for some reason. Metallica also has several unique interactive toys / features yet that's not the case with every pin the company makes.

Also, I posted the picture because Stern is advertising metal ramps and rails as a feature. Have you ever seen them mention plastic ramps as a game feature? Like I said there's nothing wrong with plastic ramps and rails at the pro price point. However, at the higher price points metal ramps and rails is nice option to have as it helps to justify the price. We see the same type of things with car companies all the time. Standard rims and cloth seats on a regular model but chrome rims and leather seats on a higher end one.

#1891 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I said that Metallica is the only modern Stern pro to offer metal ramps and rails. That's not the case with other pro's for some reason. Metallica also has several unique interactive toys / features yet that's not the case with every pin the company makes.
Also, I posted the picture because Stern is advertising metal ramps and rails as a feature. Have you ever seen them mention plastic ramps as a game feature?

I honestly have no idea. I've never noticed "metal rails" or plastic being touted. I've never thought of metal rails as being a premium option (albeit, powdercoating them as was done on WOZ seemed like a real step up), just whatever makes the most sense for a given game. Are they really that much more expensive?

And will the rails on Hobbit be powdercoated?

#1892 9 years ago

Yup. Absolutely will be. Ask me how I know. I dare ya

#1893 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Yup. Absolutely will be. Ask me how I know. I dare ya

What color?

#1894 9 years ago

Fuscia with streaks of neon orange.

But in all seriousness that i'm not sharing until people actually see the game. Nice try though

#1895 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Fuscia with streaks of neon orange.
But in all seriousness that i'm not sharing until people actually see the game. Nice try though

When will that be?

#1896 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

When will that be?

Soon. (Evil laugh)

#1897 9 years ago

I actually thought there was a Hobbit update. Looks like Pinch is duking it out with a troll again. Go Pinch Go!

#1898 9 years ago

Can imagine it's difficult, but it's usually best to just ignore them .

imgres-68.jpgimgres-68.jpg

#1899 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Soon. (Evil laugh)

soon.pngsoon.png

#1900 9 years ago

Good grief... This has gotten way, way, way past being old.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.