Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 201.
#1751 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm sure JJP is professional enough to provide the warranty service it has promised to all of its customers

You've got that right. I don't have to like a person, to do my best to help them with their game.

LTG : )™

#1752 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You've got that right. I don't have to like a person, to do my best to help them with their game.

Always the gentleman.

#1753 5 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

I'm just curious Craz, since you own WOZ, who are you going to turn to if you need service or technical help? You've pretty much burned your bridges with JJP.

As much as I think his comments are trite, condisending and down right rude some of the time I still would help him with his game because he is a customer and that's our job and we strive to provide the absolute best customer experience.

#1754 5 years ago

Sorry. I wasn't being confrontational(sp?). I was really curious. I'm sure Lloyd, Alex and JJP would still support their product. I would just kind of feel weird asking for help. Maybe you don't need their help, but there are certain proprietary things to WOZ that only they could provide.

#1755 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

As much as I think his comments are trite, condisending ...

It's spelled "con-de-scend-ing" Alex.

#1756 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Quoted from Pinchroma:

As much as I think his comments are trite, condisending and down right rude some of the time I still would help him with his game because he is a customer and that's our job and we strive to provide the absolute best customer experience.

Neither one of these guys likes me very much, but they've talked me through stuff on the phone and always helped me when I had a problem. Alex goes so far as to leave JJP open houses when he knows I'm coming, and Lloyd moved to Minnesota to get away from me.

Top notch, professional support.

#1757 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

And apparently, you're very good at it, Tim.

(Love the new emoticons!)

#1758 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Why keep posting in this thread?

The reason "why" he keeps posting his neanderthal drivel is because it was once stated that "stupid is as stupid does". Plain and simple, yes?

QSS

#1759 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

You can thank the new iPhone dictionary actually spelling things incorrectly. But thank you for proving my point.

#1760 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Alex goes so far as to leave JJP open houses when he knows I'm coming

Quoted for truth . Lol j/k

#1761 5 years ago

I hope they wont be up all the time. Would like them to only see for a few seconds, and not to often.

Not like on mm where they come out and you have to shoot them 3 times a piece. I hate that from MM.

Non main toys and mini play fields should be used very rare. And short periods. So it stays exciting instead of annoying.

#1762 5 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I hope they wont be up all the time. Would like them to only see for a few seconds, and not to often.

Not like on mm where they come out and you have to shoot them 3 times a piece. I hate that from MM.

Non main toys and mini play fields should be used very rare. And short periods. So it stays exciting instead of annoying.

It's fun bashing Trolls on MM, but gets very annoying on forums.

#1764 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

It's fun bashing Trolls on MM, but gets very annoying on forums.

^^^^^post of the day^^^^

#1765 5 years ago

I'm totally open-minded and have no skin in the game on this Hobbit. I've enjoyed playing WOZ on location. Not a perfect game (for me) but beautiful and fun to play. I hope JJ has many more games in its future. Great for pinball.

I haven't paid much attention to this Hobbit thread or the various photo releases. I just poured over everything...taking everything in totality, the word "epic" comes to mind...it really just has this classy leather-bound book feel. Something akin to an old wood clad cigar room at the local white collar good old boys club?

But does it feel "fun"? Is it so serious that it will lose that silly or lighthearted fun factor that has graced pinball for all of these years? You want these machines to be inviting and approachable...not to feel like you're stepping up to a lecture hall for a talk on fine literature. I hope they inject some zing into.

Ah... I don't know. I'm probably way off the mark on this one. The game will rock and I'll be crawling through hell and high water to get one in my basement.

#1767 5 years ago

You started the countdown.........

#1768 5 years ago

T minus 5 seconds and counting...

#1769 5 years ago

It sure sounds like the full reveal will be at Expo! I would think it would have to be with production set to begin by the end of the year.

#1770 5 years ago

May I give the reminder Jack mentioned not long ago to "start building several machines in September to test and play the hell out of those" in order to get all problems solved.

- Just wondering how that plan has evolved by now...?

#1771 5 years ago

I guess my question is how do they show the full game and still satisfy the studios requirement to avoid spoilers from the 3rd movie.

#1772 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I guess my question is how do they show the full game and still satisfy the studios requirement to avoid spoilers from the 3rd movie.

People manning the booth will have tasers and upon exiting the booth they will apply a mild shock to your head to erase memory. Lobotomies for the resilient ones.

#1773 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lobotomies for the resilient ones.

Not everyone in this hobby has something to lobotomize

#1774 5 years ago

WS.jpg

#1775 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I think the majority of the 3rd films content would be in the code / video clips on the LCD (so that can easily be left out). Possibly they could also have an early version of the playfield art that only contained content up until the 2nd film. So I doubt there are any toys directly from the 3rd film (and if one of the toys is the rumored 5" LCD then they can also leave out 3rd film content there too.) Of course, that's assuming that they're using 3rd film content in the game that won't be authorized to be shown by the date of reveal (such as content that is released for movie trailers/previews.)

// Error: Image 289451 not found //

#1776 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I think it will be in the form of code / video clips on the LCD like CraZ4Pin said. I can't find the post but I remember Jack saying that the 3rd film would be implemented via software after it's release.

As for the 3rd film being represented on the playfield it's already there. There's a "Battle Five Armies" insert and the entire lower playfield area has several of the armies around it.

#1777 5 years ago

Any news on The Hobbit from Jacks visit @ Freddy's in Germany?

#1778 5 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Any news on The Hobbit from Jacks visit @ FREDDY's in Germany?

I'm interested in knowing as well. If not we are only a few weeks away from Expo!

#1779 5 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Any news on The Hobbit from Jacks visit @ FREDDY's in Germany?

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm interested in knowing as well. If not we are only a few weeks away from Expo!

Checked the German forum:

http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?t=146471&highlight=jack&page=6

But didn't find anything interesting there for now, except the talk of 3 videos that have been shown.
Maybe later they will be posted there.

#1780 5 years ago

Does anyone know or have a feeling on how many The Hobbit Limited Editions are available?

I believe 1,500 was the total number being produced.

#1781 5 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

Does anyone know or have a feeling on how many The Hobbit Limited Editions are available?

I don't know and I don't care...............I have one coming to NZ and that's all I care about.

#1782 5 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

Plenty. Of course, that may change once they actually show a working game (along with Smaug.) I'd be surprised if they sell all 1500 quickly but I would think sales will certainly pick up a little after Expo.

#1783 5 years ago

Is there a street price on this pin? Or is the stated price on JJP ($8K) exactly what it costs?

This is going to sound totally ignorant...but: Is JJP really on target to start getting this made this fall/winter? If so, is there any indication as to how fast they'll be produced? Is JJP going to ramp up and get them out in 6-8 months?

#1784 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is there a street price on this pin? Or is the stated price on JJP ($8K) exactly what it costs?
This is going to sound totally ignorant...but: Is JJP really on target to start getting this made this fall/winter? If so, is there any indication as to how fast they'll be produced? Is JJP going to ramp up and get them out in 6-8 months?

Yes....yes....yes

#1785 5 years ago

Can someone confirm what production rate (pieces a week) there is to be expected on the Hobbit?

#1786 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Checked the German forum:
http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?t=146471&highlight=jack&page=6
But didn't find anything interesting there for now, except the talk of 3 videos that have been shown.
Maybe later they will be posted there.

Thanks! It looks like Jack was talking about The Hobbit at the event. Jack appears to be showing off some pictures of a more completed version of the game. You can see lit LED's and drop targets in the second picture below. It also looks like someone was there capturing video of the event. Now we just need to find the video

O09A3254.JPG
O09A3255.JPG

#1787 5 years ago

Is Jack at the German version of Ponderosa Steak House?

#1788 5 years ago

I really want a Hobbit. It looks awesome. I've wanted a WOZ, and will own one someday, but the theme and some of the design turned me a little off, not completely (again, still believe I will own it), but again, Keith is the main reason I will get one.

But with TH, it looks as though the trials and tribulations are all coming together for a huge winner. I'm loving the design, and we KNOW the rules will rock.

Lame estimation normally in lieu of the last 15 years, but I believe this machine has a true chance to become the best thing in pinball.

#1789 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks! It looks like Jack was talking about The Hobbit at the event. Jack appears to be showing off some pictures of a more completed version of the game. You can see lit LED's and drop targets in the second picture below. It also looks like someone was there capturing video of the event. Now we just need to find the video

O09A3254.JPG 152 KB

O09A3255.JPG 157 KB

I asked Jack on the JJP forum if he would like to show the material he used for his presentation.
Maybe he will.......maybe he won't

#1790 5 years ago

He should just keep it all back at this point. We know he is legit at this phase, this isn't jpop asking for cash for a 4th game with nothing on the first out there. Save it all for the release IMO.

#1791 5 years ago

Looks like they held him at gunpoint to get the info out of him

#1792 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Looks like they held him at gunpoint to get the info out of him

I was just gonna say, it looks like the Invisible Man really wants some answers!

#1793 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

I was just gonna say, it looks like the Invisible Man really wants some answers!

haha.

Not to mention the horns on the PF are doing it for me!

#1794 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

haha.
Not to mention the horns on the PF are doing it for me!

Haha. I'm thinking those may be the "Horn of Gondor" toys.

#1795 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Is Jack at the German version of Ponderosa Steak House?

I nearly spit my drink all over the keyboard with this one. Good show.

#1796 5 years ago

Zooming in doesn't provide any additional clarity

H.jpg

#1797 5 years ago

squinting soooo harddddd

#1798 5 years ago

This whole creepy lodge venue doesn't help the pinball is coming back fantasy.

#1799 5 years ago

Bag End and Smaug just out of view too

#1800 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

his whole creepy lodge venue doesn't help the pinball is coming back fantasy.

These machines are a bit pricey for the average joe - so you won't see huge turnouts for these things. But the Expo is another story...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 11.95
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside