Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 201.
#1451 5 years ago
Quoted from jadziedzic:

So are you saying that Jack deliberately "mis-spoke" when throwing out that 90 day-ish figure?

That's a nice way of putting it. Or just wishful thinking. He is an optimistic guy, after all.

#1452 5 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Wow, after all we've seen and heard about both games you're seriously thinking about pulling out of Hobbit in favor of Predator??? Hobbit has the potential to be one of the greatest games of all time, just by the features known by now.
And it's still 4 (four!) months. Considering we've seen the design and the whitewood in play months ago, the artwork weeks ago what are you worrying about at this point in time? Everything seems well on track to have a finished and playing game by the end of the year and games shipping early 2015. The only thing we haven't seen at all yet is smaug (at least i haven't) which they probably won't reveal until the game is finished.
Never been less worried about a "prepay-pin" making it to market and being worth it than with the Hobbit.

Agree. A couple of key differences: Hobbit actually has experienced pinball designers and programmers creating it. And it has decent+ artwork. of course, if you're buying a game based on low production numbers rather than fun gameplay, deep rules, etc., then yeah, go with predator. But I think Hobbit will surpass WOZ, and WOZ is a killer game.

#1453 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

And it has decent+ artwork.

Wahhhh?

Sorry Steven did I misspell that ?

#1454 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

There's a joke there, but I'll leave it.

If there's such a thing as beating a dead horse in the world of jokes, jokes involving balls and mouths in pinball would definitely qualify.

#1455 5 years ago

Now here's a fresh one.... what did the gay hobbit say?

Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I'm thinking of pulling out of HOBBIT.

#1456 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Not close to the only thing we haven't seen yet.

There are many things you have not seen yet and they are very cool.

#1457 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Go on..........

#1458 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

AND THEN???
image-684.jpg

#1459 5 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

If there's such a thing as beating a dead horse in the world of jokes, jokes involving balls and mouths in pinball would definitely qualify.

That's why I left it!

#1460 5 years ago

Guys its not my place to reviel anything. A lot of the things are in prosses....being built and tested. New mechanisms new technology. That's what it is. That's what we all want!

#1461 5 years ago

please reveal something that's currently in process.....ah feel better

#1462 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

New mechanisms new technology.

I'm looking forward to learning about the new mechanisms and technologies

#1463 5 years ago

New Trailer:

#1465 5 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

New Trailer:
ยป YouTube video

Nice!

#1466 5 years ago

Check out these Hobbit collectibles from Weta Workshop's Comic-Con booth

#1467 5 years ago

5:57 mark for Smaug(s)

IMG_0664.jpg
1 month later
#1468 5 years ago

So any open house updates or links?

#1469 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Wahhhh?
Sorry Steven did I misspell that ?

[late coming back to this thread] no, not at all. I was just saying that the Hobbit has artwork that is at least 'decent' (actually much better than decent), unlike the alternative mentioned.

#1470 5 years ago

Here are some pics that I was able to take during the open house

IMG_3054.JPG IMG_3057.JPG IMG_3060.JPG
#1471 5 years ago

This is a great pf layout! Im happy with it The artwork will have to speak for itself once it is fully illuminated and populated with all the rest that comes with it.The only (negative) opinion i have to say about it ... it could have been build into a non-widebody, just so that it more guarantees flow and play ability. nevertheless, im glad i have ordered one

#1472 5 years ago

What is the playfield to the right of the first pic?

#1473 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

This is a great pf layout! Im happy with it The artwork will have to speak for itself once it is fully illuminated and populated with all the rest that comes with it.The only (negative) opinion i have to say about it ... it could have been build into a non-widebody, just so that it more guarantees flow and play ability. nevertheless, im glad i have ordered one

It will be great to see how well the playfield blends into the entire package. Maybe we will see a prototype at Expo.

I don't think TH could have been built into a non-wide body without removing the 6 drop targets in the lower playfield, reducing the right / left in lanes from 2 to 1 and removing two of the pop ups. Plus who knows what else would have to be removed. Maybe no middle captive ball shot and just a tiny Smaug head, lol. I'm sure TZ could have been built into a non-widebody but would anyone want that today if it meant no gumball machine, no mini flippers and no mini magnetic playfield? Heck no. I'll guess that The Hobbit is going to play very fast at times but also provide some fun stop and go play. I also can't wait to see what Keith and Ted do with the ruleset. We are in for a treat with whatever those two come up with

#1474 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

What is the playfield to the right of the first pic?

Wizard Of Oz.

LTG : )

#1475 5 years ago

The more I look at the artwork the more I like it

It really looked much better in person.

#1476 5 years ago

The Hobbit toys are what can/will make it or break it for me. Stern just revealed TWD ... and those toys look pretty darn cool!! Lots of detail in them. The overall art package/look from Stern is killer. I'm curious what impact it might have on Hobbit sales and if anyone is considering jumping ship on Hobbit and getting a TWD?

Will JJP release a big Hobbit update soon to counter TWD's reveal? I hope so!

#1477 5 years ago

this machine is going to be insane.

#1478 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

and those toys look pretty darn cool!! Lots of detail in them

After looking at TWD pin I feel better about The Hobbit! I bet TH toys will be on par if not better than TWD. I was a bit worried that TH would have a run for its money when Stern announced TWD. But I have to tell you I think TH is going to blow it away - and be cheaper than their LE. I feel much better about the hobbit than I did before today (and I felt pretty damn good about it already)

#1479 5 years ago

Oh boy ... stirring the pot again ...

PinballToys.jpg

#1480 5 years ago

I really think Matt has improved and from what I have seen so far in TH he has. But we'll see. But yeah, that witch sucked.

#1481 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

After looking at TWD pin I feel better about The Hobbit! I bet TH toys will be on par if not better than TWD. I was a bit worried that TH would have a run for its money when Stern announced TWD. But I have to tell you I think TH is going to blow it away - and be cheaper than their LE. I feel much better about the hobbit than I did before today (and I felt pretty damn good about it already)

I will say that TWD not having an LCD was a disappointment and that might hurt their sales mildly. Their MSRP is $8595 but I'm hearing $7400-$7500 is what you can get it for. Still ... I would agree that Hobbit still might be more bang for your buck .. but I need to see a lot more before being certain.

#1482 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

but I need to see a lot more before concluding that

Agree, can't wait to see how it turns out. Hope it is a good as we are hoping

#1483 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I would agree that Hobbit is probably more bang for your buck .. but I need to see a lot more before being certain.

Gonna have to start agreeing with Panzer. The Hobbit is looking more appealing to me : o

#1484 5 years ago

Stern has shown its hand with TWD. I need to see JJP's now for TH. I have to assume that TH is "in the bag" by now, so just show us the game.

#1485 5 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Stern has shown its hand with TWD. I need to see JJP's now for TH. I have to assume that TH is "in the bag" by now, so just show us the game.

Expo...

#1486 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Gonna have to start agreeing with Panzer. The Hobbit is looking more appealing to me : o

What!? You agreed with me?

1 week later
#1487 5 years ago

Jack posted on the JJP forum that they are working on an update

#1488 5 years ago

I have been harassing him about an update and he emailed me that TH will be heavier than WoZ because of all the stuff that will be on it.

#1489 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I have been harassing him about an update and he emailed me that TH will be heavier than WoZ because of all the stuff that will be on it.

With most pinball hobbyist being up there in age Jack is going to wind up killing off several of his customers when they try to lift his machines!!!!

#1490 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

TH will be heavier than WoZ

#1491 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

And the balls will be made of mithril.

"Mithril! All folk desired it. It could be beaten like copper, and polished like glass; and the Dwarves could make of it a metal, light and yet harder than tempered steel. Its beauty was like to that of common silver, but the beauty of mithril did not tarnish or grow dim."

#1492 5 years ago

The Hobbit= TH

#1493 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The Hobbit= TH

TH = Too Heavy

#1494 5 years ago

LE now comes with a hernia belt...

#1495 5 years ago

TH = Too Heavy
Funny stuff right there.

I just about killed myself getting WoZ off the truck. That is a heavy machine.

#1496 5 years ago

nice How heavy was WOZ again ?

looking forward to any updates with something new

#1497 5 years ago
Quoted from B9:

nice How heavy was WOZ again ?
looking forward to any updates with something new

I think it was close to 350 lbs. boxed?

Maybe 330-340 lbs. on its' own?

#1498 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

LE now comes with a hernia belt...

Note to self: Buy Escalera...buy Escalera....

#1499 5 years ago

Are any of the stand-ups placeholders for drops?
-mof

#1500 5 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Note to self: Buy Escalera...buy Escalera....

Note to self, buy stock in escalera just before TH ships

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 27.50
7,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside