47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballrulez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

272 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pinballrulez. You are on page 2 of 2.
#6845 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

It's not all that complicated just stay on topic. Which means this thread is about the Hobbit so talk about that. Pretty simple.

Most things are simple, most people are not.

#6967 8 years ago

You guys are really king in magnifying text quotes and abandon the context. And that is exactly what I am going to do with this thread, abandon it. Thanks for that!

#6969 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Way to post on the need to drain/abandon a thread, almost as bad as deciding to ignore a Pinsider.
****SERVICE ALERT****
Drain a thread or ignore another Pinballer, Just F'ing do it, don't post about it like a crying child.

Your reaction is as sad as how this thread has become. You are the one that is crying in every thread about this. Get a life!

#6971 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Flank, he was just expressing his frustration at what this thread has become (a bash toy). Sometimes slamming the door on your way out is the only satisfaction left.

Exactly what I mean.

#6974 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Thought you abandoned it.....

#6977 8 years ago

You also managed to make me laugh. Thanks for that too.

4 weeks later
#7505 8 years ago

Wish there would be some concrete information. 'Announces material investment'.

Now what does that mean? It is made immediately, after a month or spread over years. How does this impact manufacturing and shipping of the scheduled pins?

Still no 'real' news for me.

#7508 8 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

No details, and don't expect any. Could be straight equity, but more likely convertible debt. I doubt we'll ever know.

No problem with that. What I do find a problem is that we still do not know when we will get our games.

Manufacture TH this fall. So how many are made? When will all orders be produced. Etc. That is what I want to know.

#7520 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

The hate in this thread is amazing...

Maybe 'hate' should be converted to no trust

#7525 8 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

Not understanding the frustration. Especially when many of the folks complaining don't have money tied up. It's pretty simple....You either wait for the product or sell. I have paid in full TH and I'm patiently waiting for it. Certainly not worth getting frustrated over.

It is pretty simple. You either do what your promised or tell the truth to people you got money from. Waiting almost 3 years is getting ridiculous. Yes I am frustrated. Only caused by non information by JJP.

The carrot has rotten long ago.

#7526 8 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Trust is earned. I think you mean blind faith.

I mean trust, that indeed has to be earned.
Not seeing that happen at the moment.

#7546 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

No trust, don't pre order then.
Wait till its available.

This is a too simple statement and letting out the situation people were in when they pre ordered.

Trust can be broken, and if a game has already been paid in full and is still not delivered. What are you going to do?

#7548 8 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

I would say your trying to make it too complicated. If you paid in full like I am, you either wait or if the trust factor puts you on the other side of things then you sell. It really is that simple.

There are much more factors to it. And it just irritates me that other people always come up with the same options over and over again. There is a history, you have to take that in account. For one thing, the SE version has increased 2000 euros in price! Like I only have room for 1 pin, etc.

My main problem is the lack of concrete info. When is my game being delivered. Based on that info I can make a decision. It is all too vague at the moment.

And for me there is only one alternative at the moment, but that pin isn't available either.

#7551 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

You will NEVER get an accurate date on when your pin will ship with the pre-order model. If you NEED that, the options are:
purchase when in stock and shipping from inventory
or
purchase on secondary market
Not sure why you think that's overly simplistic? You may be aggravated with people suggesting the same options over and over, but if you ask the same question over and over, how else should people respond
Cheers.

All I am saying it that is it not always black or white. Throwing away 2000 euros is not really a simple decision.

That you do not get a shippung date early in the order process, oke. But now, more than 2,5 years furher I find we are entitled to get a shipping date. The only thing I will pre order now and in the future are videogames. Most of the time the release dates are met.

Enough of this talk for now. Two interesting weekends are in front of us. UK pinall party and JJP open house. After that decision can hopefully be made

1 week later
#7776 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Finished to Balcer would still be what happened, its just that he had a shitty design.

I do not know all what went wrong. But it cannot be that one person is blamed for that. It was a team that failed.

For me it has gone far enough to cancel my pre-order. Totally lost interest in TH.

#7909 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

yes and you don't have your balls on the line financially tied to a company that people are trying to hurt.... do I say on purpose I don't mean anything by this, just to point out it can go on forever depending on your OWN opinions and where you are coming from. Jack sometimes deserves what he gets and perhaps so do others on here, myself included. Point is no ones right, no ones wrong, they are all opinions and we are all allowed to have them. Now arguing about them...............

The problem with TH is that I think more and more people don't like the facts. And even more people want to get new facts (from JJP) but don't get any so opinions are formed and the circle is complete.

But....that is just my opinion

#7918 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

What facts?
The game has a theme I like. Keith is on the rules! Thiel and 2 Steps from hell are there for the sound. It looks great. Don't know if I like the layout, but I think I will like it. I want my game sooner than later!

This is not what I mean.

Quoted from Asael:

The big problem are announcements like this "I can say that we have ordered ALL parts for The Hobbit and we are waiting as more arrive every week. We will post some pictures, and games will be on the line sooner than later, This Summer." And then we will have delay after delay without info why there is a new delay. It's the same with STERN code updates. I don't want announcements with promises that can not be met. I just want infos what is going on. Real infos that give insight why as a buyer I have to wait and why the wait will be worth it. That's all.
Perhaps if the two companies would be more transparent, they could lose a few sales from people that couldn't handle the reality facts but I think their public image would be way better.

This looks like facts and opion material.

Quoted from Asael:

The open house this weekend can be a step in a new direction with the hobbit, can't wait to hear the reports of the visitors.

I hope you do not get disappointed (again).

#7956 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So sounds like the party was pretty much "check out all these Ruby Red WOZ games"? Anyone get any actual Hobbit news at the event?

Sure, here it is:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pinball-gameroom-show-82915/page/2#post-2647063

#8170 8 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

However, after this past weekend, I am even more confident that production on the Hobbit is right around the corner and I would be willing to wager that a delivery will happen before the end of the year.

Based on what? Words that mean nothing anymore. And a delivery=one game? Jippie that will help those who are waiting more than 2 years.

If, and only if it is true that 1500 TH are ordered (I find that hard to believe) it will take well into 2016 and probably 2017 to deliver all games. Let's face it, problems will surface during production and maybe on delivered games. You have to take into account that solving those problems takes extra time.

1 month later
#8821 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

image.jpeg image_1.jpeg image_2.jpeg image_3.jpeg image_4.jpeg image_5.jpeg image_6.jpeg

Mmm hobbits cakes.

2 months later
#8994 8 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

If this is such a big Hobbit update issue, then where are all the upset JJP customers chiming in about this?

Those who cancelled their order. So only the 'non complainers club' excist.

Sure hope games will schip fast for anyone that has pre-ordered. Waiting more than 3 years for a game is beyond ridiculous.

#9042 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

October 2014? Zero chance of getting that by April I'd say. I assume anyways because you asked Jen you went through pinball sales. You're 11 months behind day one orders. You may as well bail now.

Day one orders were taken in November 2012...........

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
272 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pinballrulez. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballrulez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/2?tu=pinballrulez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.