47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 201.
#1401 9 years ago

That puppy looks ticked.
I wonder how many wives of pinheads look like Smaug in that poster, when their hubbies say "I bought another pin"?

#1402 9 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

Poster looks sweet. Hopefully we hear more about the Hobbit at the JJP open house.
--Luke

Unfortunately I cannot be there........too far away............

#1403 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Unfortunately I cannot be there........too far away............

Yeah, me neither...but I still hope to hear some good news even though I can't be there!

--Luke

#1404 9 years ago

Anyone else think that the Smaug toy may be a multilevel toy similar to the main toy in Dr. Who? The player could first awaken Smaug (level 1) then get him to come out of his lair (level 2) and ultimately raise another layer (level 3) to expose the missing scale. Each level would result in new ways to interact with Smaug.

#1405 9 years ago

Will a prototype game be at comic con.

#1406 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Anyone else think that the Smaug toy may be a multilevel toy similar to the main toy in Dr. Who? The player could first awaken Smaug (level 1) then get him to come out of his lair (level 2) and ultimate raise another layer (level 3) to expose the missing scale. Each level would result in new ways to interact with Smaug.

That's what I am hoping!

#1407 9 years ago

When is the open house?

#1408 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

When is the open house?

Soon! Gotta check on that and rsvp--forgot to!

#1409 9 years ago

August 9th.

#1410 9 years ago

When is the open house?

What open house is that? Link to details please?

#1411 9 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

What open house is that? Link to details please?

From Facebook:

SAVE THE DATE - Saturday August 9th 2014 - Jersey Shore Pinball and Gameroom Show @ the Jersey Jack Pinball Factory. We are doing a One Day Show and Open House at Jersey Jack Pinball here in Lakewood New Jersey!

8:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Jersey Jack Pinball
1645 Oak Street
Lakewood, NJ 08701

This Show Will Feature: Games inside set up on Free Play, Huge Swap Meet outside with games and Parts, IFPA Pinball Tournament with Prizes, Jersey Jack Pinball Factory Tour, FOOD - FUN- SURPRISES - SPECIAL GUESTS, If you are interested in bringing games for the Swap Meet, - [email protected] is no charge to bring anything to the Swap Meet - must be Gameroom / Pinball Related items

R.S.V.P. how many to [email protected] to be placed on a Special Door Prize List

#1412 9 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

We are only 18 days away!! Will you be there?!

No. I am hoping for reports and some pictures. Please.

LTG : )™

#1413 9 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

From Facebook:
SAVE THE DATE - Saturday August 9th 2014 - Jersey Shore Pinball and Gameroom Show @ the Jersey Jack Pinball Factory. We are doing a One Day Show and Open House at Jersey Jack Pinball here in Lakewood New Jersey!
8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Jersey Jack Pinball
1645 Oak Street
Lakewood, NJ 08701
This Show Will Feature: Games inside set up on Free Play, Huge Swap Meet outside with games and Parts, IFPA Pinball Tournament with Prizes, Jersey Jack Pinball Factory Tour, FOOD - FUN- SURPRISES - SPECIAL GUESTS, If you are interested in bringing games for the Swap Meet, - [email protected] is no charge to bring anything to the Swap Meet - must be Gameroom / Pinball Related items
R.S.V.P. how many to [email protected] to be placed on a Special Door Prize List

Wish I was closer !!

#1414 9 years ago

Wish I was closer !!

I did go during the Christmas open house. Jack was very nice to every who attended. You pretty much got to walk almost anywhere in the factory assembly area. It was neat looking at all the parts ready to be populated on the playfields.
I am considering going again, but it is a 5 1/2 hour drive for me. Worth it if you never have been. Wish Jack opened in the Boston area instead

#1415 9 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

it is a 5 1/2 hour drive for me.

It would be something like nine hours each way for me, I suppose. I'd still do it, but I have to be at work. I'm going to get there and to Stern someday. It's on the bucket list.

Anyway, I hope those fortunate enough to attend will take some good pics and share them on Pinside.

#1416 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. I am hoping for reports and some pictures. Please.
LTG : )™

And I'm hoping for a cheese pump at the JJP factory this time. Doubt that's gonna happen.

My wife and I actually considered a drive from Jersey to Minneapolis because of that cheese pump.

#1417 9 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

agree I really thought he would be more predominate on the playfield art. Poster looks bad ass! the Smaug on the PF art is dinky......... here is hoping the toy is "MASSIVE"

careful what you wish for ......Godzilla...cough...godzilla.......cough

#1418 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

careful what you wish for ......Godzilla...cough...godzilla.......cough

he really dominates............

godzilla_14.jpggodzilla_14.jpg

#1419 9 years ago

Heres my update on Hobbit. I shot the whitewood last week. Bad Ass Game
And Don't even Ask, the answer is no on info!!! LOL
Pincades
Chicago land JJP DIst
JT

#1420 9 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Pincades
Chicago land JJP DIst
JT

Lucky you

Can you at least tell us what version of the whitewood you are referring to?

#1421 9 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Pincades
Chicago land JJP DIst
JT

Great update....I think!

#1422 9 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Pincades
Chicago land JJP DIst
JT

Greatest pin in the history of the universe? please say yes, please say yes....

#1423 9 years ago

Lucky you
Can you at least tell us what version of the whitewood you are referring to?

+1 was it the white wood we have seen or??

#1424 9 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Pincades
Chicago land JJP DIst
JT

You're killing us man!

No info? Was it the latest whitewood? <Slips Jamaster some cash under the table>

--Luke

#1425 9 years ago

he really dominates............

godzilla_14.jpg 88 KB

Lol, nice. Based off the flyer it doesn't appear that Godzilla interacts with the ball at all in that game?

4443f2.jpg4443f2.jpg

#1426 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol, nice. Based off the flyer it doesn't appear that Godzilla interacts with the ball at all in that game?

He does...the balls come out of his mouth.

--Luke

#1427 9 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

--Luke

There's a joke there, but I'll leave it.

#1428 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

There's a joke there, but I'll leave it.

#1429 9 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

--Luke

Ah ok, cool. At first I thought the "zilla breath" comment on the flyer was referring to magnets under the playfield in front of Godzilla that sent balls flying.

#1430 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Greatest pin in the history of the universe? please say yes, please say yes....

Doubt he played it for a year to even be able to make that claim.

#1431 9 years ago

Someone show me something, I'm thinking of pulling out of HOBBIT. it's £6k over here ($10,200). With Predator coming I'm outta room and the wife on my case to sell one or cancel

Haven't really seen much on HOBBIT and it's only 4 months till release date

What to do!

#1433 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Someone show me something, I'm thinking of pulling out of HOBBIT. it's £6k over here ($10,200). With Predator coming I'm outta room and the wife on my case to sell one or cancel
What to do!

Sell 2 of your current games

#1434 9 years ago

I'd hang in there - it's gonna be awesome. Why? Because if it's not, JJP might be in trouble. That'll push you to put out a great game!

#1435 9 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

And Don't even Ask, the answer is no on info!!!

This game "is under contract" that it has to be out by Dec, and they are still working on whitewoods????

#1436 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

This game "is under contract" that it has to be out by Dec, and they are still working on whitewoods????

Who said they were still working on it (the whitewood)?

--Luke

#1437 9 years ago

I imagine they arn't concerned from a code standpoint what kind of pf is installed. whitewood or final version

#1438 9 years ago

10468011_704072469628361_2786666584453830678_o.jpg10468011_704072469628361_2786666584453830678_o.jpg10468011_704072469628361_2786666584453830678_o.jpg10468011_704072469628361_2786666584453830678_o.jpg

#1439 9 years ago

Nice looking topper

#1440 9 years ago

Right now as JJP sits: If they had all their ducks in a row and everything was there for a build, how many units can they turn out in a week? I'm talking ramped up full capacity with the existing staff on hand.

#1441 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Right now as JJP sits: If they had all their ducks in a row and everything was there for a build, how many units can they turn out in a week? I'm talking ramped up full capacity with the existing staff on hand.

Don't they have a bunch of 75th editions to pump out first?

#1442 9 years ago

I think JJP is right on the schedule Jack had set in his mind all along. Even though he was doing the PR thing and saying they'd all be out in 90 days (back in January!), I think he was targeting August for getting the rest of the LEs out. He's got between 50 and 86 left (depending on who you believe), which puts him on schedule to start doing the Ruby Reds in August...exactly when he said they'd start shipping. I don't think there were many RRs ordered, so they should be able to crank those out and be right on schedule with Hobbit in December. When I talked to them a few months ago, when all their vendors were getting them the parts, they were able to do 15 (or slightly more) machines a day. Apparently, unreliable vendors were a big part of the delays on WOZ, so hopefully they'll iron that out for Hobbit.

#1443 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

What to do!

Wow, after all we've seen and heard about both games you're seriously thinking about pulling out of Hobbit in favor of Predator??? Hobbit has the potential to be one of the greatest games of all time, just by the features known by now.

And it's still 4 (four!) months. Considering we've seen the design and the whitewood in play months ago, the artwork weeks ago what are you worrying about at this point in time? Everything seems well on track to have a finished and playing game by the end of the year and games shipping early 2015. The only thing we haven't seen at all yet is smaug (at least i haven't) which they probably won't reveal until the game is finished.

Never been less worried about a "prepay-pin" making it to market and being worth it than with the Hobbit.

#1444 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

What to do!

I was in your shoes (in on both titles) and opted to cancel Predator and stay in for Hobbit. I think Predator will be cool for what it is, but I think Hobbit will be epic. Tough call to cancel Predator though (due to the rarity), but once I removed the collectibility factor from the equation Hobbit was the clear choice for me. If you're concerned about not being able to get Predator later, or if you're leaning toward Predator, then stay in on Predator. You'll always be able to get Hobbit later.

#1445 9 years ago

So are you saying that Jack deliberately "mis-spoke" when throwing out that 90 day-ish figure?

Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think JJP is right on the schedule Jack had set in his mind all along. Even though he was doing the PR thing and saying they'd all be out in 90 days (back in January!), I think he was targeting August for getting the rest of the LEs out.

#1446 9 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

The only thing we haven't seen at all yet is smaug

Not close to the only thing we haven't seen yet.

#1447 9 years ago

I see 25 new comments for updates and its just crap and complaints can we please just post updates. Damn

#1448 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Not close to the only thing we haven't seen yet.

Correct. Let me put it this way - i've seen more than enough to know that i want one. They really would have to make HUGE mistakes in order to ruin what's known by now.

I've also seen enough of Predator to know that i most likely will not want one.

Actually i'm not a big fan of giving it all away upfront. I like to be surprised by the finished product. They should concentrate on making the best possible pin instead of entertaining pinheads with constant progress updates. For me the flow of info is perfect as it is.
But i do acknowledge that there are many arguments that justify releasing certain info upfront on a prepay pin.

#1449 9 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Correct. Let me put it this way - i've seen more than enough to know that i want one. They really would have to make HUGE mistakes in order to ruin what's known by now.
I've also seen enough of Predator to know that i most likely will not want one.
Actually i'm not a big fan of giving it all away upfront. I like to be surprised by the finished product. They should concentrate on making the best possible pin instead of entertaining pinheads with constant progress updates. For me the flow of info is perfect as it is.
But i do acknowledge that there are many arguments that justify releasing certain info upfront on a prepay pin.

I agree but hope people aren't expecting Smaug to be more that he really is...I would temper expectations.

#1450 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I would temper expectations.

Generally good life advice and the key to most problems!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.