Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 201.
#1302 5 years ago

Who am I standing with?

#1303 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Who am I standing with?

LOL. You are now responsible for the Coke on my keyboard. Unexpected and great response.

#1304 5 years ago

just making sure! Big thumbs up! Cant wait to see this week. I know he was showing final white wood and art work on his tab at NW show

#1305 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Big hobbit update coming this week. That's what I here. Latest white wood video is a possibility also.

Part of me doesn't want to see anymore but I can't resist looking once posted

#1306 5 years ago

It's gonna be the best Flag Day weekend ever!

#1307 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It's gonna be the best Flag Day weekend ever!

It will be for me. I get to take my son to a cemetery that didn't ,for what ever reason, place flags on the graves of those who served our country on Memorial Day. It now gives me the opportunity to show my boy what honor and service is all about.

Sorry to post this here... just pisses me off the lack of respect these days for our true hero's!....

#1308 5 years ago

Here it is:

PDF+-+JJP-TH-Plyfld-Art.pdf

Playfield-PDF+(3) (1).pdf

#1310 5 years ago

So the pop up "trolls" are Orc, warg, goblin, and spider (like the inlanes). Nice!

#1311 5 years ago

Here are the links to the update...

Playfield...

http://origin.library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1104524641178-310/Playfield-PDF+%283%29.pdf

Artwork...

http://origin.library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1104524641178-314/PDF+-+JJP-TH-Plyfld-Art.pdf

Man I can't wait for this pin to be done. It really has so much potential. All the lessons learned of WoZ plus an awesome theme.

#1312 5 years ago

LOOKS FANTASTIC!

#1313 5 years ago

Who is da man?

#1314 5 years ago

BINGO BANGO BONGO!
(that's me being excited)

#1315 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Who is da man?

Guy in the black shirt next to the guy in the red shirt.

LTG : )™

#1316 5 years ago
Quoted from a_derelict:

BINGO BANGO BONGO!
(that's me being excited)

That's you on your avatar then?

#1317 5 years ago

I like what I see......

Chris

#1318 5 years ago

Art looks fantastic...Into the Fire, Barrel Escape, and Battle of Five Armies inserts look suspiciously like a multiball for each movie ala LOTR. I like it. Lots to take in here.

#1320 5 years ago

I do like the art.

The only thing I find a bit out of place is the fonts used for the names of all dwarves.

#1321 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Into the Fire, Barrel Escape, and Battle of Five Armies inserts look suspiciously like a multiball for each movie ala LOTR. I like it. Lots to take in here.

Just as a head's-up... If you think you know how this game is going to play, I promise you you do not!

#1322 5 years ago

Has the habit trail that circled smaug been removed?

#1323 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Just as a head's-up... If you think you know how this game is going to play, I promise you you do not!

Me like

#1324 5 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Has the habit trail that circled smaug been removed?

sure looks like it

#1325 5 years ago

I like the art, really I do, but of all the pictures they could have used for the bottom they picked the one with the dude with his back to us?? Should that space been saved for Smaug breathing fire right at the player? Oh well...can't always have what you want...

#1327 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

sure looks like it

Now that I found the old CAD drawing, the circular orbit around smaug is definitely gone. Whereas the left ramp sent the ball around smaug, now it dumps it to the left ramp. Also looks like the VUKs dump to the left and right habit trails as opposed to the "S" mini habit trails -- which I like. It certainly opens up the playfield.

PF Compariosn.JPG
#1328 5 years ago

The circular orbit around Smaug is what I found so intriguing.

I hope Smaug's "extreme interaction" with the ball hasn't been pulled.

#1329 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I like the art, really I do, but of all the pictures they could have used for the bottom they picked the one with the dude with his back to us?? Should that space been saved for Smaug breathing fire right at the player? Oh well...can't always have what you want...

That's probably the one thing I was questioning. I don't dislike how Smaug is represented, but it just seems like some bigger representation of Smaug with him breathing fire at you and have that be some sort of insert light effect that really looks like fire would have been really freaking cool.

Chris

#1330 5 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Now that I found the old CAD drawing, the circular orbit around smaug is definitely gone.

A whole lot of other stuff changed, too. Look at all the center inserts.

Edit: pretty cool to see this kind of development progress.

#1331 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

some bigger representation of Smaug with him breathing fire at you and have that be some sort of insert light effect that really looks like fire would have been really freaking cool.

already done

D&D

#1332 5 years ago

Awesome, can't wait!

#1333 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

already done
D&D

That does look cool, but I was thinking something a little more modern....
Chris

#1334 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

The circular orbit around Smaug is what I found so intriguing.
I hope Smaug's "extreme interaction" with the ball hasn't been pulled.

Looks like there is a ramp diverter to the far left of smaug now. I think you can see this in the early whitewood video too.

#1335 5 years ago

Do not see the magnets (upper playfield) either that were in the first drawings

#1336 5 years ago

Can't wait to play it. I know you've said you are not going to copy the LOTR rules, but rather do something unique. That's why your games are really great. That being said...those inserts still appear to be a multiball mode from each movie.

#1337 5 years ago

I know I criticized the art, but one thing I'm not at all worried about is the rules.

#1338 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I know I criticized the art, but one thing I'm not at all worried about is the rules.

Pass your feedback of the art to Keith so he can bring it to JJP

#1339 5 years ago

Made an integration with the playfield drawing and the released art. Looks promising

Hobbit-art-over-layout.jpg

#1340 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Those rules better be confusing as hell, the more intricate the better.

#1341 5 years ago

I'm not all that excited about the playfield artwork.

It reminds me of the Stern photo-shop artwork on their machines.

I really like the hand-drawn artwork on my WOZ.

#1342 5 years ago

If smaug blows real fire, i'll buy one, even if it stupidly priced at 8k.

#1343 5 years ago

Overall, very impressed, but the Smaug in the middle of the playfield seems off somehow, needs to be a little bigger to my eye.

#1344 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Overall, very impressed, but the Smaug in the middle of the playfield seems off somehow, needs to be a little bigger to my eye.

careful what you wish for. You don't want a monstrosity like the Godzilla toy. Way to much space for very little. Trex in JP size is perfect. Very functional, not to much space. Still one of the best toys in pinball.

I like the CC style drop targets and troll head or TOM style scoops in the middle of the playfield. Could easily have "battle" type play style, where the game pulls shit in the middle of the game to block your shots, suck in your ball and screw you over. Which would be fantastic.

#1345 5 years ago

deleted comment made wrong assumption.

#1346 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Seems like the drop targets on the original orbits have been removed as well.

The drop targets on the left and right orbits are still there with three on each side.

#1347 5 years ago

The next big question on my mind is what are the toys going to be like for this game? WOZ has a lot of toys and features that I think justify its price but is there a comparable amount of toys with TH?

We know that Smaug is going to be the main toy and with the price of this game I'm hoping it's at least as interactive as the castle in MM. If the toy just bends down like the T-Rex in JP and "eats" the ball I think that will be a bummer. I'm also wondering if the character pop ups will also be lock mechanisms with the four "Lock" inserts being right in the middle on the pop ups. It also seems like another toy will be placed in the "Bag End" area of the playfield.

#1348 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If smaug blows real fire, i'll buy one, even if it stupidly priced at 8k.

Didn't see that coming.

#1349 5 years ago

What's the blue and yellow ball at the bottom center?

#1350 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

What's the blue and yellow ball at the bottom center?

It's the Arkenstone.

--Luke

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New York, NY
7,400 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Camano Island, WA
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside