Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 201.
#1251 5 years ago

Looks like the game is shaping up nicely. Thanks for posting the updates.

#1252 5 years ago

They took out flippers

#1253 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

They took out flippers

Only the top left one

#1254 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

They took out flippers

Flipper.....one. It was not needed.

#1255 5 years ago

I thought the same thing about that one wondering if they are do something cool in place of it ?

#1256 5 years ago

I would not give jjp 2 (two) cents . how much bull shit can people take !!! You will get hobbit in like 2016 .

#1257 5 years ago

Jack said that the full playfield art was available on his tablet for those at the show who were interested.

Should not take long till the full playfield art will be made public.

#1258 5 years ago
Quoted from jrush2112:

I would not give jjp 2 (two) cents . how much bull shit can people take !!! You will get hobbit in like 2016 .

You are free not to listen to it, so spend your 2 cents elsewhere

#1259 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I thought the same thing about that one wondering if they are do something cool in place of it ?

Just a slingshot from what I have heard

#1260 5 years ago

He also said he'd have working protos in September to bang around on

#1261 5 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

He also said he'd have working protos in September to bang around on

I am available for testing

#1262 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Totally agree.
Never going to read this thread again till Santa has delivered my present coming Christmas

Christmas 2016, not too far away.

#1263 5 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

Christmas 2016, not too far away.

After owning a WOZECLE for 6 months I can say that I don't mind waiting for their next machine. Hopefully though we don't have to wait that long. I do think that the software for The Hobbit will be more complete than WOZ's code at launch.

#1264 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

After owning a WOZECLE for 6 months I can say that I don't mind waiting for their next machine. Hopefully though we don't have to wait that long. I do think that the software for The Hobbit will be more complete than WOZ's code at launch.

significantly.

#1265 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

ill wait till a distributor has it in stock to sell... but yes i agree, about the software.

#1266 5 years ago
Quoted from jrush2112:

You're absolutely right. I probably will get my machine in 2016. And I don't care. Because it will still be better than all the machines you presently have. Good things come to those who wait!

#1267 5 years ago

Somebody at the NW show gunna drop by JJP's table and snap a pic for us...

#1268 5 years ago

IMG_20140607_193632.jpg

#1269 5 years ago

I think someone forgot to tell Jpop his team is out! Either that or the air conditioning was just too much!

#1270 5 years ago

Have to say he is an amazing artist as much as he is an amazing pinball designer. Also salt of the earth man and glad to help finance his dreams, which I hope full fills mine.

#1271 5 years ago

Now back to the thread (sorry) updates on Hobbit!

#1272 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

IMG_20140607_193632.jpg 331 KB

Sad...

#1273 5 years ago

David vrs Goliath, its a no brainer for the marketing machine Simmons has become. It is sad

#1274 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

David vrs Goliath, its a no brainer for the marketing machine Simmons has become. It is sad

Not a fan of what Gene Simmons has become.

JPOP, however, is the Real Deal. The artist is more worthy of pinball theme than his subject.

#1275 5 years ago

Great sweater, JPOP! Love the artwork but not the subject.

#1276 5 years ago

Jack said that the full playfield art was available on his tablet for those at the show who were interested.
Should not take long till the full playfield art will be made public.

http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/41t90C8yV-L._AA300_.jpg

Just a suggestion, lol.

#1277 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I think someone forgot to tell Jpop his team is out! Either that or the air conditioning was just too much!

Point of Fact: The air conditioning really was pretty damn cold.

#1278 5 years ago

From the JJP forum:

As far as the Hobbit. Cabinet art work is the same. Left flipper has been removed and replaced with a sling shot with a axe on top. David Thiel is doing the pinball sound (2 steps from hell does the music) and Jean-Paul de Win is doing the playfield artwork.

Here's is a short impression of how David Thiel works:

#1280 5 years ago

Here are some pictures I took from the video. Not the best quality but to give an impression:

Thanks for sharing the pics

HOB.jpg
#1281 5 years ago

What does that load arrow on the kick back mean? Hmmm I wonder if that's more than just a kick back?

#1282 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

What does that load arrow on the kick back mean? Hmmm I wonder if that's more than just a kick back?

The original playfield drawing showed an up/post to the right of the kicker. I figured it was to hold the ball, then you'd have to earn it back or something, or maybe a drain lane ball lock ?

LTG : )™

#1283 5 years ago

PanzerFreak posted this on pg 1 it may help

178201-i.jpg

#1284 5 years ago

Maybe you can aim for the drop targets on the right side ?

#1285 5 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Thanks for sharing the pics

HOB.jpg 65 KB

What do you think. Are the big round holes there for GI?

#1286 5 years ago

They do have the ability to adjust the powered to all coils......

#1287 5 years ago

If that's the case there's one additional GI light per slingshot as compared to WOZ.

EDIT: added WOZ pic

WOZ.jpg

#1288 5 years ago

Rather interesting to see where the adjustable scoop the ball directs after kicker launch....

According to the tales the Dragon can only be killed by that single shot with the dragon-arrow bla bla.. Anyway hitting the targets on the right side makes no sense. But after seeing the ball gets directed to that upper right flipper, would indicate you have ONE opportunity to hit Smaug just right to defeat him.

So the ball is hold by the outlane pin, hit left button to launch ball and perfectly time your right flipper shot right after to hit Smaug on that 'certain' spot. Right?

Dragon_shot.jpg

#1289 5 years ago

We dont know that yet. Maybe gandalf shows up, with an army of glibbits.

#1290 5 years ago

I think the hole that says smaug, is one big GI bulb. Still would be an improvement. Least there is GI's this time around. Wonder if it's going to be a wedge socket.

#1291 5 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Rather interesting to see where the adjustable scoop the ball directs after kicker launch....
According to the tales the Dragon can only be killed by that single shot with the dragon-arrow bla bla.. Anyway hitting the targets on the right side makes no sense. But after seeing the ball gets directed to that upper right flipper, would indicate you have ONE opportunity to hit Smaug just right to defeat him.
So the ball is hold by the outlane pin, hit left button to launch ball and perfectly time your right flipper shot right after to hit Smaug on that 'certain' spot. Right?

Dragon_shot.jpg 250 KB

Quoted from dannunz:

They do have the ability to adjust the powered to all coils......

In combination with the comment of Dan this makes perfect sense. The strength\speed of the arrow shot can be controlled by adjusting the power to the coil. Maybe one part of the puzzle is solved now

#1292 5 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Dragon_shot.jpg 250 KB

I had thought that the "aim-able" outlane kicker was removed from the game in a subsequent update. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

#1293 5 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I had thought that the "aim-able" outlane kicker was removed from the game in a subsequent update. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Yes that's been removed... So power adjusted coil makes sense... If u soften the kick back shot u can easily hit the lower three drop targets as well as the upper right flipper it looks... From the drawing above

#1294 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Yes that's been removed... So power adjusted coil makes sense... If u soften the kick back shot u can easily hit the lower three drop targets as well as the upper right flipper it looks... From the drawing above

Should be cool. Load arrow.....drop pops up....you have 3 seconds to shoot it during multiball or a mode. Keith will have a field day with the rules.

#1295 5 years ago

Anyone hear Jack state one way or the other whether there will be a big Hobbit update this coming holiday weekend? If we're shown the full playfield artwork hopefully that will provide some more clues on gameplay ...

#1296 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Anyone hear Jack state one way or the other whether there will be a big Hobbit update this coming holiday weekend? If we're shown the full playfield artwork hopefully that will provide some more clues on gameplay ...

What holiday is this weekend? Flag Day?

Marcus

#1297 5 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

What holiday is this weekend? Flag Day?
Marcus

Err, no, lol. It's Father's Day on Sunday.

#1298 5 years ago

Hallmark holidays don't count.

#1299 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Err, no, lol. It's Father's Day on Sunday.

WOW! I better find something for my Dad and remember to call him.

Thanks for the reminder!

Marcus

#1300 5 years ago

Big hobbit update coming this week. That's what I here. Latest white wood video is a possibility also.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Sale Pending!
Springboro, OH
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside