Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 201.
#1151 5 years ago

Rob, I really thought he was. It floored me when I found out today.
It's all good though.

#1152 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Who's "dead against amazing machines"??
Criticism of JJP's business practices and/or Jack ≠ "against amazing pinball machines"
Don't feel bad for missing this simple point, Jack does it all the time as well.... it's his go-to retort to criticism (besides blaming his suppliers for screwing up )
I, for one, am extremely interested to SEE a WORKING and FINISHED The Hobbit machine. I think WoZ has some amazing features and advances, but the gameplay, theme and music were no-go's for my tastes... such is life. However:
A faster game, with a great theme (TH) AND all those technical advances "seems" like a big potential winner. So Im anxious to see TH. I'll still never in a million years pre-order, but I'll still be a customer if the games come out great and they work out many of the problems that plagued WoZ.....
Many folks here tie any criticism of Jack or JJP directly to criticism of his game (and their game!) and, even more insanely, to criticism of pinball in general! LOL.
Example; I think Steve Jobs was a colossal a-hole, but I separated that from evaluating and owning MANY Apple product when they met my needs/interests.

What problems with WOZ are there to work out? The LED board issue is fixed, done. Myself and many others have had their games for months now without any major issues. The game wouldn't be ranked #1 in earnings at a lot of locations (#1 by I think its called Play Magazine?) if it was plagued with many problems...

#1153 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

Why do you guys always look for a negative in everything you post. I know everything has not been smooth with JJP, but what in any kind of business is. Jack said Joe's part is done. Some of you guys live to see something fail. Why not enjoy more pinball. If you don't want to buy from JJP that's fine, but stop thinking that every bit of news that comes out of JJP is the end. I want to see everything with pinball succeed. Guys we don't have a lot of options. Let's hope we get some more it will only help the hobby.

Well said. For some reason the typical people up voting negative JJP / WOZ posts are not doing the same thing with the post above? Hmmmm. Go figure.

#1154 5 years ago

JJP mixing up their designers is a good thing, there will be more variety in their games.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#1156 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

JJP mixing up their designers is a good thing, there will be more variety in their games.

I hope they mix up their coders too. Much love to Keefer, one of the best, but his games have a particular style and flavor, and it would be nice to see variety there too. I'd say the same thing if Lyman was coding every Stern too, though I know some people would love that.

#1157 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartstoys:

And here's the conveniently missing part ...

Super poor taste.

Really, this is beyond ridiculous.

#1158 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I agree.

I still *really* wish that Nordman got to design a pin for JJP!

#1159 5 years ago

Drunk driving.... save you the research. People make mistakes - no idea what this has to do with anything.
He seems to have paid his debt to society.

#1160 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Drunk driving.... save you the research.

In 2005 no less.

How the hell is it relevant to anything on this forum?

#1161 5 years ago

WTF...? Don't post that....WTF.

#1162 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Super poor taste.
Really, this is beyond ridiculous.

Agreed. Cheap, cheap, shot. These mugshot websites are run by scumbags who literally extort money from people to keep their faces out of them. And the victim has no chance to defend himself whatsoever. It's a scam, and unfair totally to Joe who doesn't deserve this.

Mods, please, please, please consider deleting all references to that offensive link, including this one.

Thank you!

#1163 5 years ago

Seriously, sometimes I wonder wtf is wrong with people………how STUPID do you have to be to post something like that. It's not funny…...

#1164 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartstoys:

Well I guess we all know who has won the "d!ck head of the year" award.

QSS

#1165 5 years ago

Perhaps Robin could edit the thread to remove the personal content that has nothing to do with JJP.

Quoted from iceman44:

Seriously, sometimes I wonder wtf is wrong with people………how STUPID do you have to be to post something like that. It's not funny…...

#1166 5 years ago

Extremely poor taste.

#1167 5 years ago

On this, the 13th of May in the year 2014, Pinside has reached a new all time low.

#1168 5 years ago

Something tells me something went down. If he left of good terms he would of had a statement about leaving and thank Hack for opportunity. Maybe even saying he looks foward to us playing the game. We got nothing. People say the games done are foolish. Just a few weeks back we got a whitewood vid that looked so far from done. If I don't see something in the next week I'm out.

#1169 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartstoys:

Not cool

#1170 5 years ago

you notice whoever posted it, did it under an alias. You know that has to be one of the regulars on here.

#1171 5 years ago
Quoted from jams77:

Something tells me something went down. If he left of good terms he would of had a statement about leaving and thank Hack for opportunity. Maybe even saying he looks foward to us playing the game. We got nothing. People say the games done are foolish. Just a few weeks back we got a whitewood vid that looked so far from done. If I don't see something in the next week I'm out.

LOL at you thinking that was the latest white wood and bailing if no info coming. I say bail...it doesn't sound like your stomach has the fortitude to make it on this journey that is likely a year out still.

#1172 5 years ago

but at the same time, we all have seen how things turn out when you crank out games by the same designer. they all play and feel the same to some aspect. Can't have to much from the same person. Diversity is the key. That's why B/W did so well having many designers competing in house.

#1173 5 years ago

Never good to hear of people leaving a company, but in this case seems to almost make sense. JJP doesn't at the current time have the ability to turn out mulitiple games a year like Stern can, therefore makes no sense to have more than 2 designers on the payroll. It also seems like a good idea to bring in new design blood for the future, especially since the first 2 games were done by the same person. The plan originally was probably to have Dennis Nordman do the second game, but as we all know it took much longer to get WOZ off the ground than was originally planned and Dennis left for whatever reason, so the first 2 games were designed by Joe. Since PL is doing the 3rd game, and someone unknown the 4th, unfeasible for JB to stick around for maybe 3 years or more to design game # 5.

Like most of us, I hope that JJP can produce more games in a shorter time span, but as it stands now, having more than 2 designers at a time on staff is not good business.

#1174 5 years ago

Either way A designer leaving in the middle of a project is bad news no matter how you slice it.

#1175 5 years ago

Guys.. the glass is half full!

It's a good thing Joe CAN leave the project right now. As Jack stated in a response on Joe's departure; his work is done. You could translate that into the hobbit is developed to a certain point that the designer can relinquish the design, and let the rest of the team finish it off.
I'm sure the actual status is way more ahead than Jack showed us so far. That flippin' whitewood could be an early one, and Jack mentioned before they were building Mark III a couple of weeks ago.

Happily Joe is in close proximity of Jack in case his attention is needed!

Pat is even more close (to help out on certain issues) but as Jack mentioned, he's working primarily on his own project. No involvement to there to be expected.

So, be pleased and stop moaning!

#1176 5 years ago

Who is designer 3 (machine 4) ?

Veteran or rookie?

Hopefully a rookie mix things up a bit crazy new ideas etc

#1177 5 years ago

Argh!! Game 4? A quarter of game 1s first purchasers are still waiting for theirs. OMG! I know ,hate me all you want but it's insane to read thoughts on game 4 knowing fellow purchasers are still hanging.

#1178 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Who is designer 3 (machine 4) ?
Veteran or rookie?
Hopefully a rookie mix things up a bit crazy new ideas etc

Is Bryan Hansen still with JJP? The rumor I heard a while back was that he already completed a Pinball Circus re-design for JJP but I don't know if there's any truth to that?

#1179 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Is Bryan Hansen still with JJP? The rumor I heard a while back was that he already completed a Pinball Circus re-design for JJP but I don't know if there's any truth to that?

That would be great

#1180 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Don't even tease about such things.

#1181 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Why? There is a huge difference between the WOZ and Hobbit layouts, far more than in, say, Steve Ritchie rehashing his same designs over and over these days.

#1182 5 years ago

Interactive map on the apron

See posted interview videos with Jack on:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/awesome-tour-of-the-jjp-factory-pix-video-gameplay-and-more

#1183 5 years ago

Why is everything "happening from Middle-Earth up" an "of course"? Is Jack under the impression that Middle-Earth is a subterranean realm? Or are we assumed to believe this? If we're to intuitively assume that there is an under-playfield for things to pop up from, is this a confirmation of elite video lower playfield?

#1184 5 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

Why is everything "happening from Middle-Earth up" an "of course"? Is Jack under the impression that Middle-Earth is a subterranean realm? Or are we assumed to believe this? If we're to intuitively assume that there is an under-playfield for things to pop up from, is this a confirmation of elite video lower playfield?

I think you might be reading way to much into that comment.

--Luke

#1185 5 years ago

This is going to be huge. Interactive apron plus LCD = awesomness Can't wait for this game.

Of of the teaser videos for the game shows a map of Middle Earth on the LCD with different markers across it. It's possible that the markers represent each player and their "location" in Middle Earth which may represent where they are at in the game. I wonder if this feature of tracking your progress on the map of Middle Earth is what will appear on the apron?

#1186 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Why? There is a huge difference between the WOZ and Hobbit layouts, far more than in, say, Steve Ritchie rehashing his same designs over and over these days.

Yes, because 24, AC/DC and Star Trek are practically clones of each other.

#1187 5 years ago

I think this is going to be a really cool feature. But as PanzerFreak also mentioned I wonder how it will integrate with the map on the LCD, maybe it will be a copy of it and can tell you at a glance where you are instead of waiting for it to show up on the screen?

#1188 5 years ago

Was hoping to see a newsletter one of these days because the 15th of May payment date was due. But it seems a new payment schedule has come to live -> 15th of 6/7/8

#1189 5 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Was hoping to see a newsletter one of these days because the 15th of May payment date was due. But it seems a new payment schedule has come to live -> 15th of 6/7/8

I do not think that updates are coming out based on payment schedules because there are different ones.
After 15 July I am in the 'clear zone'

#1190 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This is going to be huge. Interactive apron plus LCD = awesomness Can't wait for this game.
Of of the teaser videos for the game shows a map of Middle Earth on the LCD with different markers across it. It's possible that the markers represent each player and their "location" in Middle Earth which may represent where they are at in the game. I wonder if this feature of tracking your progress on the map of Middle Earth is what will appear on the apron?

I think that a hologram of the main characters of the movie will lead the way on the apron map
Nothing wrong with dreaming

#1191 5 years ago
Quoted from fluffybunny:

I think this is going to be a really cool feature. But as PanzerFreak also mentioned I wonder how it will integrate with the map on the LCD, maybe it will be a copy of it and can tell you at a glance where you are instead of waiting for it to show up on the screen?

Maybe there will be another screen on the PF that would be cool.

#1192 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Maybe there will be another screen on the PF that would be cool.

You know more Dan.....tell us!

#1193 5 years ago

edit: WOZ drawings not hobbit - hurrah for late night lack of attention

#1194 5 years ago
Quoted from Frankenator:

here are two shots that show the playfield schematics on the wall - you can see there is another playfield that is separated (and the left hand drawing looks to have more inserts) links are to original versions

Pretty sure those are the WOZ schematics.

#1195 5 years ago
Quoted from Jargus:

Pretty sure those are the WOZ schematics.

Obviously

#1196 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

You know more Dan.....tell us!

haha. I'm thinking he does as well.

I originally thought that the interactive map may be an LCD on the apron but I'm thinking its more likely that the map will be printed on the apron and then LED lights will be placed across various points representing a players location in Middle Earth that corresponds to the rules. Maybe the far right location on the apron is the Shire and all the way to the right is the Lonely Mountain with a bunch of points in between.

#1197 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I originally thought that the interactive map may be an LCD on the apron but I'm thinking its more likely that the map will be printed on the apron and then LED lights will be placed across various points representing a players location in Middle Earth that corresponds to the rules. Maybe the far right location on the apron is the Shire and all the way to the right is the Lonely Mountain with a bunch of points in between.

I think having a map with leds that show you your progress, would be great! I like maps and this would be a great way to show the progress of modes!
I do hope the game doesn't get to lineair because they want to follow the story in order (I don't think they will).

#1198 5 years ago

I am betting the next PF announcement will be EPIC.

#1199 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

haha. I'm thinking he does as well.

I do and its in addition to what's on the apron.

#1200 5 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I think having a map with leds that show you your progress, would be great! I like maps and this would be a great way to show the progress of modes!
I do hope the game doesn't get to lineair because they want to follow the story in order (I don't think they will).

If you're not going linear, then displaying a map is pointless.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 11.95
7,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pensacola, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minnetrista, MN
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside