Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 201.
#1001 5 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

- Could it be that the Hobbit license is restricted to 'just' those 1500 LE's?

Lol, no.

#1002 5 years ago

Hobbit reg. Will be built in large quantity I'm sure if there is a demand.

#1003 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

The first WOZ game were at shows 7 months before shipping.

You are correct and here is a screen shot to prove it:

$_57.JPG

#1004 5 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

You are correct and here is a screen shot to prove it:

$_57.JPG 157 KB

^^ Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli has played it and he likes it. Ahhhhhh!

#1005 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

The first WOZ game were at shows 7 months before shipping.

Yeah, but the Hobbit is already further along than those early WOZ games that appeared at shows. We've seen from the video that the Hobbit has the LCD screen up and running and registering scores from the playfield. With those early WOZ games the LCD played a continual loop, and they had a keyboard hanging out the coin door.

#1006 5 years ago

We are a week away from next payment date, although you would expect a change in the payment schedule since the release of the 3rd movie is postponed to dec '14.

Anyway... can we expect an update next week?

- Robotic Smaug

#1007 5 years ago

These just came in
Jack posing with PINBALL, the new photobook by Santiago Ciuffo.

Aside noticing the book, is that playfield artwork on that game? www.pinball-magazine.com
JJP pinball mag 1.jpg
JJP pinball mag 2.jpg

#1008 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

These just came in
Jack posing with PINBALL, the new photobook by Santiago Ciuffo.
Aside noticing the book, is that playfield artwork on that game? http://www.pinball-magazine.com

Thanks for sharing.

Must...see...more...playfield...

#1009 5 years ago

That is definitely playfield artwork on the game Maybe we will be getting another update soon.

#1010 5 years ago

Cue up the photoshoppers!

#1011 5 years ago

is that the arkenstone in the near the flippers ?

#1012 5 years ago
Quoted from B9:

is that the arkenstone in the near the flippers ?

That would be my guess,, from this angle,...just a guess.

#1013 5 years ago

I thought the Hobbit was supposed to have dual buttons on each side, for the diverters.

#1014 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I thought the Hobbit was supposed to have dual buttons on each side, for the diverters.

Old cabinet probably

#1015 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Old cabinet probably

Yeah, probably.

#1016 5 years ago

I don't think Jack ever said dual buttons. He just said there was more for the player to control than two flippers on each side. People just assumed that meant extra buttons.

#1017 5 years ago

I liked woz because of how busy the playfield is, this hobbit one looks a lot simpler

#1018 5 years ago

I really wish the cabinet didn't have to say "A Motion Picture Trilogy" on the side of it. I know it's based on the movies, but it's a pinball machine. C'mon!

#1019 5 years ago

Most probably firts generation cabinet/backbox/playfield artwork Now they are at least working on third generation artwork I think

#1020 5 years ago

HobbitPFclose.jpg

Cool looking artwork so far. Looks like the lonely mountain is up in the center of the playfield with Smaug above.

#1021 5 years ago
Quoted from Jargus:

I don't think Jack ever said dual buttons. He just said there was more for the player to control than two flippers on each side. People just assumed that meant extra buttons.

Then the diverters would move everytime you flip....

#1022 5 years ago
Quoted from Jargus:

People just assumed that meant extra buttons.

yep, we did assume, but hoping this still happens with 2 buttons on each side and some divertor or player interaction via a button press.

#1023 5 years ago

took my best crack at it

hobbit.jpg
#1024 5 years ago

Where did Jack and the book go?

#1025 5 years ago

Cabinet and backbox art are the same as already shown in December 2013.

20131213_Cabinet art Full 2.jpg

Playfield art seems in line with the layout as shown in the back of the recent published early whitewood videos

20140409 Early whitewood.jpg

#1026 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Where did Jack and the book go?

If it makes you feel any better I did order one .

#1027 5 years ago

Iis Balcer still at JJP or did he leave?

#1028 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Iis Balcer still at JJP or did he leave?

He's still there, heading up the hobbit design.

#1029 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

took my best crack at it

Nice job Frolic. Thanks

#1030 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

took my best crack at it

hobbit.jpg 110 KB

Thanks! Hmmm. It seems like the lower pop ups, at least the right, have artwork of a door on it? I guess it's possible that the upper two pop ups are figure pop ups and the lower two could be trap doors?

#1031 5 years ago

Will the pin be shipping on the same day that The Battle Of The Five Armies premiers, or will it be allowed to ship earlier?

#1032 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

took my best crack at it

Wow, good job! Amazing what can be done with photoshop. Well, Smaug is there on the playfield, that should please some people.

Looks like a nicely-integrated artwork package so far, colour-scheme wise.

#1033 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If it makes you feel any better I did order one .

A book or The Hobbit machine?

Where was that image of the map apron? Frolic can you get that in the picture too?

(Edit: The apron appears in a video which Mummite posted in this thread about three pages back, can someone with the skills get a still of the video and put the apron in the image?)

#1034 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Aside noticing the book, is that playfield artwork on that game?

Yes. It looks great.

#1035 5 years ago

Texas Pinball Festival

#1036 5 years ago

What I noticed was that he was holding those items just right to block any view of Smaug on the playfield-- not that the playfield was populated anyways. Very clever.

#1037 5 years ago

12-13 minutes in he re-references multiple control inputs as well as "things happening under the playfield" that could be under the player's control. will be interesting to see how this ends up.

#1038 5 years ago

Man, how F$&@en exciting is pinball!!! Should be a question but I've already answer it! These are definitely good times. Very stoked!

#1039 5 years ago

i will temper my enthusiasm until the finished product is produced and then decide on it once played. speculation at this point is fun to debate for all the early adopters but i got burned out from this scenario with woz and have taken a more patient approach going forward with jjp. fingers crossed this will be amazing and worthy of a purchase.

#1040 5 years ago

I think the Hobbit is going to be great but I'm more excited about the Lawlor pin. I think he re-enters the market in a BIG way, with a much bigger bill of materials cost and mandate……here we go!

#1041 5 years ago

Playfield layout 201404.jpg

#1042 5 years ago

Hmmm....where are the upper flippers?

#1043 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Maybe they are there, picture is not sharp at some areas. I can hardly see the lower flippers.

#1044 5 years ago

If you look at the playfield art, you will notice that as you move up the playfield, the "art" goes dark blue, as in solid dark blue. That is contrary to what I have seen on pins in the past, and makes me think that there is some reason that the art was toned down so as to not compete or conflict with "art" above the playfield. If I was going to design a pin with attention-getting details/toys/features mounted on the playfield, the last thing I would do is create a playfield below them with a lot of busy artwork.

Thoughts anyone?

#1045 5 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

If you look at the playfield art, you will notice that as you move up the playfield, the "art" goes dark blue, as in solid dark blue. That is contrary to what I have seen on pins in the past, and makes me think that there is some reason that the art was toned down so as to not compete or conflict with "art" above the playfield. If I was going to design a pin with attention-getting details/toys/features mounted on the playfield, the last thing I would do is create a playfield below them with a lot of busy artwork.

Thoughts anyone?

Dark blue contrasts high gloss gold very nice... !

Smaug_treasure.jpg
#1046 5 years ago

Any idea when Smaug and the whole game itself will be revealed?

#1047 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

The upper flipper is set back just to the right of the right loop and above the right drop targets.

#1048 5 years ago

Very curious what the text is above the popbumpers, trapdoors (looks like there are four different ones) and some of the drop targets

#1049 5 years ago

Maybe a replica of this new Hammacher Schlemmer product will be the Smaug toy...

IMAG2775.jpg IMAG2776.jpg
#1050 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Very curious what the text is above the popbumpers, trapdoors (looks like there are four different ones) and some of the drop targets

Barrel....spider....orc....goblin....warg....just guessing of course.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 88.00
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside