Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 201.
#951 5 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Isn't the goalie in WCS94 a sliding standup?

Technically, sure, but it's not meant for you to INTENTIONALLY shoot it for a reward. And I'm talking specifically about actual standup round type targets, not really Mick-on-a-Sticks.

#952 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Technically, sure, but it's not meant for you to INTENTIONALLY shoot it for a reward. And I'm talking specifically about actual standup round type targets, not really Mick-on-a-Sticks.

Ah, ok. Seems like a fun idea that should be used more.

Still waiting to see if anyone ever attempts moving ball guides/rails (not just diverters).

#953 5 years ago

Smaug is still a big mystery of how it will get implemented in the game. I got to think how great it would be if Smaug could really speak and interact with the player. Like it can talk and move it's head. Follow ball movements for example.

Of-course with the deep voice loudly over the speaker -> "I feel you... I smell you... Don't be shy... STEP INTO THE LIGHT!"

- Just a thought

#954 5 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Smaug is still a big mystery of how it will get implemented in the game. I got to think how great it would be if Smaug could really speak and interact with the player. Like it can talk and move it's head. Follow ball movements for example.

The new Rudy

#956 5 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

man, i truly dig the idea of a cam below playfield showing on led backbox of lower playfield action.
that's seriously a cool visual concept to test

That's been a rumored feature for quite some time. Lots of people on here have tried to poo-poo that rumor, but it still seems to be in play. I think it's pretty cool, myself. Time will tell.

#957 5 years ago

Just putting this out there for fun.
I was thinking about the upper flippers... there doesn't seem to be a shot for them as of yet. I'm thinking maybe there could be a little diverter that comes down (maybe a claw) and forms a deflector of sort so that a ball shot from the upper right flipper could be deflected into the upper left ramp and a shot from the upper left flipper into the upper right ramp (via a deflecting tail or claw). Can't see it coming from under the playfield but maybe it could come from above. If you want the "flow shots" to continue from the upper flippers this could do it (although how it would be built...not so sure) ...

#958 5 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Of-course with the deep voice loudly over the speaker -> "I feel you... I smell you... Don't be shy... STEP INTO THE LIGHT!"
- Just a thought
» YouTube video

"How do you want to DRAIN?"

#959 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

That's been a rumored feature for quite some time. Lots of people on here have tried to poo-poo that rumor, but it still seems to be in play. I think it's pretty cool, myself. Time will tell.

Cool idea, yes very, but the problem is now if it isn't in the game it will be disappointing!

Regardless, game looks very good, I think it will be a worthy successor to WOZ, different, but maintaining it's high standards!

#960 5 years ago

Still missing 11 drop targets on the whitewood?
Also the top of the ramp is a controlled gate for sure. We do not know with certainty that it is player controlled at this point. Could be software controlled for different gameplay during different modes.

#961 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Cool idea, yes very, but the problem is now if it isn't in the game it will be disappointing!
Regardless, game looks very good, I think it will be a worthy successor to WOZ, different, but maintaining it's high standards!

Who knows? Maybe JJP has something else in mind that no one has guessed yet. Maybe the Smaug toy is even more interactive than anyone guessed.

So far, so good in my opinion. I like seeing this thing progress. I don't consider pinball creation like watching a movie. There are no "spoilers" to me. The project is the story to me.

#962 5 years ago

Yup, lots to see still. WOZ has a ton of toys / features on its playfield and with the The Hobbit supposedly driving 17 more things than WOZ I think we have only seen less than half of its toys so far

#963 5 years ago

man, i truly dig the idea of a cam below playfield showing on led backbox of lower playfield action.

Gollum's Cave? =P

#964 5 years ago

I like the idea of Gollum's cave. Maybe add in a required quest where Bilbo gets the Ring.

#965 5 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

. I got to think how great it would be if Smaug could really speak and interact with the player. Like it can talk and move it's head.

That would be badassed; like the skull in Bone Busters !

#966 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, lots to see still. WOZ has a ton of toys / features on its playfield and with the The Hobbit supposedly driving 17 more things than WOZ I think we have only seen less than half of its toys so far

Yes, this is an intriguing aspect.

#967 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Couldn't quite a few of the extra drivers in Hobbit be for flashers which WOZ does not have?

#968 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Couldn't quite a few of the extra drivers in Hobbit be for flashers which WOZ does not have?

They way Jack was emphasizing the use of these extra drivers leads me to believe they are something more significant than flashers.

#969 5 years ago

They way Jack was emphasizing the use of these extra drivers leads me to believe they are something more significant than flashers.

Just to put it into perspective, LOTR has 9 drivers for flashers. I believe JJP said that 17 drivers are not used in WOZ but are used in Hobbit. Either way I am sure Hobbit will be loaded with stuff in a similar manner to WOZ.

#970 5 years ago

I'm thinking quite a few of those drivers will be used for drop targets.

#971 5 years ago

It would be cool if they cut some flame type inserts into playfield that lit up when you hit smaug to give the impression of fire burning down the playfield.

If you think about how japan engineers made tin toys in the 50s and 60s do all kings of cool things, smaug should be amazing - talking at least with moving head and jaws.

#972 5 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

It would be cool if they cut some flame type inserts into playfield that lit up when you hit smaug to give the impression of fire burning down the playfield.
If you think about how japan engineers made tin toys in the 50s and 60s do all kings of cool things, smaug should be amazing - talking at least with moving head and jaws.

I'm hoping Smaug was designed and part manufactured before the switch in the 2nd film to the wings attached to legs version. The classic 6 limbs (4 legs 2 wings) version is much cooler.

I'm still holding onto hope that they made this part before they decided to change it for the second movie.

#973 5 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

I agree and feel totally spoiled with all the lighting effects in WOZ. The only thing that I wish WOZ had more of is localized GI lighting effects.

#974 5 years ago

Those 17 drivers not used in WOZ were originally intended for the GI

#975 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You definitely are aiming for it in my favorite mode in WCS, GO FOR THE GOALIE~~!!!

#976 5 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

I'm still holding onto hope that they made this part before they decided to change it for the second movie.

lol, there is zero hope that it won't match the 2nd film version. Absolutely none. This is the way of licensed games.

#977 5 years ago

Nothing new.. had that idea four years ago as i thought about an ac/cd pin ..
But i wouldbe happy to see my idea realized

#978 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Those 17 drivers not used in WOZ were originally intended for the GI

I know you're joking, but just so there's no confusion for people not familiar with such things...

High voltage drivers are not used for lamps (GI or insert). Drivers are only used for motors, coils, flash lamps, etc.

--Luke

#979 5 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

I know you're joking, but just so there's no confusion for people not familiar with such things...
High voltage drivers are not used for lamps (GI or insert). Drivers are only used for motors, coils, flash lamps, etc.
--Luke

Never let the facts, get in the way of a good story. Kinda like print and teevee news. Yes, the comma is there on purpose.

#980 5 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Wow that is a cool idea! Two rows of flame inserts arching towards the flippers that are software controlled to create effect of fire burning on the pavement like in drag racing when they light them up!

#981 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Wow that is a cool idea! Two rows of flame inserts arching towards the flippers that are software controlled to create effect of fire burning on the pavement like in drag racing when they light them up!

Dont forget Smaug's laser controlled eyes

#982 5 years ago

Hopefully a Disney-like Animatronics device. That would be cool.

#983 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Hopefully a Disney-like Animatronics device. That would be cool.

That would be reallly cool and has lots of potential Maybe not in the budget, but nothing wrong with dreaming.....

1:29 till 1:43 don't think that dragon will fitt

#984 5 years ago

Even the Whitewood videos show that the Hobbit has the potential to be something special.
I've been a skeptic from the beginning, but I'm changing my mind. I'm hoping more will be revealed at the Allentown show in a couple of weeks.

#985 5 years ago

On the last update jack did say there will be many more updates coming soon. Im guessing he wanted to get WOZ rolling after the board fix which looks like now, is rolling very well! Considering the situation that needed to be dealt with it seems to me they did a good job of handling all, and now can rest a little easier and start to leak out more info on Hobbit. Wishful thinking but to me makes sense

#986 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

That would be reallly cool and has lots of potential Maybe not in the budget, but nothing wrong with dreaming.....
» YouTube video
1:29 till 1:43 don't think that dragon will fitt
» YouTube video

The walking dragon is really nice.

2 weeks later
#987 5 years ago

From Gabe on JJP forum:

Great show and thank you to pinball star and jjp for having such a great presence at Allentown.

It was great talking to Jack and Jeff about the Hobbit. The game will be nothing short of amazing. What I can tell you is.....the rules are done just not programmed yet....the layout is done (some changes from what has been shown so far)....the third generation white wood is being built and should be done in a week or so. There are many more features that have not been relised. JJP is not trying to copy anyone they are making new innovations and raising the bar once again.

#988 5 years ago

From Gabe on JJP forum:
Great show and thank you to pinball star and jjp for having such a great presence at Allentown.
It was great talking to Jack and Jeff about the Hobbit. The game will be nothing short of amazing. What I can tell you is.....the rules are done just not programmed yet....the layout is done (some changes from what has been shown so far)....the third generation white wood is being built and should be done in a week or so. There are many more features that have not been relised. JJP is not trying to copy anyone they are making new innovations and raising the bar once again.

Sounds exciting, thanks.

#989 5 years ago

From Gabe on JJP forum:

Sounds exactly like the speech they gave for WOZ. Just instead of them saying Hobbit. change it to WOZ. Same story same hype.

#990 5 years ago

and if same results I will be a very happy camper! Woz is addictive.

#991 5 years ago

At this stage of WOZ they had games at the shows makes one wonder about delivery dates.

#992 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

At this stage of WOZ they had games at the shows makes one wonder about delivery dates.

Did anyone else actually understand this statement? This guy has an almost incomprehensible grasp on the written word.

#993 5 years ago

I am hoping the Hobbit has a very different reveal vs. delivery schedule than WOZ. It would make everyone happy if the game is further along than shown. Unrealized expectations is a killer.

#994 5 years ago

Made sense although I would not expect a working prototype 8 months prior to release . But yes it was easy to understand his comment.

#995 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I am hoping the Hobbit has a very different reveal vs. delivery schedule than WOZ. It would make everyone happy if the game is further along than shown. Unrealized expectations is a killer.

If Jack wants to stay in business he does not need to make a game better then WOZ but needs to get the game in peoples hands far quicker. The fist games of WOZ were shipped April 2013 and are still trying to get the game out.

#996 5 years ago

The first WOZ game were at shows 7 months before shipping.

#997 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Made sense although I would not expect a working prototype 8 months prior to release . But yes it was easy to understand his comment.

It would be one of the first then

And just maybe.........I don't know, just a thought here, but its possible that JJP could be doing what they said they were going to do and release a whole lot less info this time out to build up for the big release....oh and I forgot, there is a 3rd movie coming out too, right? Maybe it will be integrated into the pin?

But that would be like another pin maker does it in Stern right? No info, zero, until full release and then production shortly follows, imagine that?

Woz kicks ass, and Hobbit is gonna be better. And then we get Mr. Lawlor's pin, its all good!

#998 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It would be one of the first then
And just maybe.........I don't know, just a thought here, but its possible that JJP could be doing what they said they were going to do and release a whole lot less info this time out to build up for the big release....oh and I forgot, there is a 3rd movie coming out too, right? Maybe it will be integrated into the pin?
But that would be like another pin maker does it in Stern right? No info, zero, until full release and then production shortly follows, imagine that?
Woz kicks ass, and Hobbit is gonna be better. And then we get Mr. Lawlor's pin, its all good!

If Jack is smart he is half way into game three for fast release after the anouncement of the game.

#999 5 years ago

Pat already has a shooting white wood. I saw a picture of it at Allentown. Jack flashed it I could not see much. But it looke like multiple metal ramps front and sides. Jack said that Pat makes all his own prototype parts so he is very fast and self sufficient.

#1000 5 years ago

Nice to hear JJP has overcome most of the company startup difficulties and can mainly focus on producing machines.

After reading several news items I got to think there won't get a regular version of the Hobbit to be made. It has never been announced or mentioned so far. Although I did see it [unofficially] announced at a distributer, but was removed not long ago.
Plus the knowledge Pat is already building a whitewood, it can be presumed Jack will start building game #3 right after all THLE's are being build.

- Could it be that the Hobbit license is restricted to 'just' those 1500 LE's?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside