Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 201.
#51 5 years ago

Thanks Aurich!

#52 5 years ago

As me and my 10 year old boy are looking at the white wood just now I said "I wonder why they have two inlanes on each side" and without a pause he says "it must be a wide pinball machine"

I'm so embarrassed and proud at the same time! The student has become the master in our house lol

#53 5 years ago

The production value of the LCD animations seem much higher than what was used for WOZ.

This game is just looking better and better with each update.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I overlaid the CAD blueprint over the whitewood shot, makes it a little easier to see how some things fit together.

Really cool

#55 5 years ago

Did a quick and dirty mask job on the blueprint, just to take out some of the visual noise, I find this one easier to process.

hobbit-blueprint-overlay2.jpg

#56 5 years ago

is it going to be another low scoring game?
those high scores are pretty damn low.

i like it when you get the one million call out/sound effect, the feeling of accomplishment.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

How sweet would it be if the machine had water in it. I'm also thinking FIRE or at least smoke!
Tim

Water? In a machine with all sorts of electrical circuits?

No thanks.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Ready to take orders !
Payment plans available. With us you get : Free Goodies all throughout the year for PinballSTAR customers. Portion of all proceeds go to the Children's Hospital Charity Fund. Great service during and after the sale - just ask any of my customers.
Send me an email or give me a call for pricing details !
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
Sales@PinballSTAR.com
570-357-0042

OR

Jesse Trueblood
Pincades
Your Chicagoland Distributor
info@pincades.com
219-924-PINS(7467)

Just a friendly poke @ another Dist.
Pre order from either of us with confidence.

I will have a few Le's Left

This was a positive update needed with the negativity about JJP lately.

Pincades
JT

#59 5 years ago

Wow. Looks unreal.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It's really hard to tell but so far I don't see anything good to shoot at with the upper flippers that can't be hit by the lowers. Kind of a bummer. They seem like they're there just to be there. I'd like to see a ramp or loop to shoot at. Is anyone else reading this differently?

Maybe the troll/Nightcrawler pop-up targets only rise for a short period after the orbit is made. Too short of a time for them to be hit by the lower flippers without multi-ball.

#61 5 years ago

The video looks incredible. It looks like the LCD graphics will look even better than those on WOZ. So far, I admit that I'm sort of disappointed by the playfield. I think I was hoping to have my mind blown. So far, it looks pretty standard. Perhaps Smaug will be amazing and make up for the rest of the playfield. And, I do recognize that code goes a long way. WOZ is an amazing game, mostly due to the code. Overall, I'm thrilled to be on the Hobbit list.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I overlaid the CAD blueprint over the whitewood shot, makes it a little easier to see how some things fit together.

hobbit-blueprint-overlay.jpg 113 KB

You have a particular set of skills.

liam_neeson_set_of_skills-bitches.jpg
#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

The video looks incredible. It looks like the LCD graphics will look even better than those on WOZ. So far, I admit that I'm sort of disappointed by the playfield. I think I was hoping to have my mind blown. So far, it looks pretty standard. Perhaps Smaug will be amazing and make up for the rest of the playfield. And, I do recognize that code goes a long way. WOZ is an amazing game, mostly due to the code. Overall, I'm thrilled to be on the Hobbit list.

The meat and potatoes is in the upper 1/3

#64 5 years ago

Hobbit preorders

Support your local Jersey Jack distributor. We are a Michigan Jersey Jack distributor. We have 2 Woz's on free play in our showroom. We support the Ohio pinball, MI pinball expo and the pinball at the zoo shows. Look us up there or stop in and say hi. Thanks Gary

Abel Electronics
27201 Harper Ave
St. Clair Shores, MI 48081
586 777 8232

gary_abelelectronics@comcast.net

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from BeefStewert:

Maybe the troll pop-up targets only rise for a short period

There's a lowepg pop-up target!?!?!?! Sweet!

great looking update- love the video.

#66 5 years ago

It would be really cool to see just how many orders take place after a given announcement. One would have to guess this title is more popular than WoZ. That coupled with WoZ's success AND the funding. To me that ='s the LE's moving fast.

Good work JJP.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

It would be really cool to see just how many orders take place after a given announcement. One would have to guess this title is more popular than WoZ. That coupled with WoZ's success AND the funding. To me that ='s the LE's moving fast.
Good work JJP.

Agree with ya to a point but I also suspect there are those that still have a sour taste due to the delays in shipping WoZ as well as some of the late changes. Also, correct me if I am wrong but, the WoZ LEs sold out relatively quick where as the Hobbit LE is still available??

I hope for Jack as well as the buyers he is able to produce another great game and have as little trouble as possible!!

I haven't been in the hobby that long but it's great to see Jack, Rick and some others enter the pinball market. More options the better, well maybe not for the wallet but.........

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Agree with ya to a point but I also suspect there are those that still have a sour taste due to the delays in shipping WoZ as well as some of the late changes. Also, correct me if I am wrong but, the WoZ LEs sold out relatively quick where as the Hobbit LE is still available??
I hope for Jack as well as the buyers he is able to produce another great game and have as little trouble as possible!!
I haven't been in the hobby that long but it's great to see Jack, Rick and some others enter the pinball market. More options the better, well maybe not for the wallet but.........

With all this new cash along with him saying they plan to ship the rest of the LE's out in the next 90 I'm going to bet that a significant number of LE's will be boxed and ready to go by the december release and that the 1500 will be done within 6 months at most.

#69 5 years ago

this could be an outstanding seller for jjp, very nice!

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It's really hard to tell but so far I don't see anything good to shoot at with the upper flippers that can't be hit by the lowers. Kind of a bummer. They seem like they're there just to be there. I'd like to see a ramp or loop to shoot at. Is anyone else reading this differently?

I suspect there is a shot or two for the upper flippers we haven't seen yet that can't be made from the lower flippers...we'll see though you'd expect them to remedy that same issue that WOZ has.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

With all this new cash along with him saying they plan to ship the rest of the LE's out in the next 90 I'm going to bet that a significant number of LE's will be boxed and ready to go by the december release and that the 1500 will be done within 6 months at most.

That really depends on when the have access to the assets from the third movie. They have to have time to update graphics, art, video and game play to incorporate stuff from the last movie in the trilogy.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from abelelectronics:

Hobbit preorders
Support your local Jersey Jack distributor. We are a Michigan Jersey Jack distributor. We have 2 Woz's on free play in our showroom. We support the Ohio pinball, MI pinball expo and the pinball at the zoo shows. Look us up there or stop in and say hi. Thanks Gary
Abel Electronics
27201 Harper Ave
586 777 8232

To anyone that hasn't ordered their Hobbit yet you can't go wrong with Gary!!

Anyone that knows me knows I'm quite the nervouse boisterous nilly!! Gary has kept me calmer and much more level headed than anyone could possibly have done. Give him a chance and he will show you what a great distributor should be like!!

Not to mention he will work with whatever your requests might be!

#73 5 years ago

So if the third movie is released around the holidays, will JJP be showing this off at expo? Seems like they would have to alter the vids/or just have to wait?

Or maybe that is why they will only have movie 1&2 artwork? Same with playfield? Then just have the screen show the 3rd movie content?

This will be interesting to see as it unfolds......very excited!

#74 5 years ago

I like what i see, dont get me wrong. Specially the use of the screen, slowly going how i imagined.

But if this is all they got now..... This pin will never be out this year. Now.... Its highly likely that they are far more progressed then just a whitewood.

But that would make this update very mediocre.

I think and hope they are more towards the end product then they show us. But if they are not, the hobbit is gonne be late.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Good work JJP.

I think the le will be sold out by this weekend except from distributors.

#76 5 years ago

I don't want to spoil anything here, if you don't know the books. But I think we have seen every important motive of this theme in the first 2 movies or in lotr. That doesn't mean that there won't be any surprises left. But I think all physical important stuff for the toys is already revealed, everything else they could implement with modes and LCD animations.

#77 5 years ago

Looking great!

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Ready to take orders !
Payment plans available. With us you get : Free Goodies all throughout the year for PinballSTAR customers. Portion of all proceeds go to the Children's Hospital Charity Fund. Great service during and after the sale - just ask any of my customers.
Send me an email or give me a call for pricing details !
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
Sales@PinballSTAR.com
570-357-0042

Quoted from Jamaster10:

OR
Jesse Trueblood
Pincades
Your Chicagoland Distributor
info@pincades.com
219-924-PINS(7467)
Just a friendly poke @ another Dist.
Pre order from either of us with confidence.
I will have a few Le's Left
This was a positive update needed with the negativity about JJP lately.
Pincades
JT

Quoted from abelelectronics:

Abel Electronics
27201 Harper Ave
586 777 8232

================

Pinsiders, remember to only order your game from forum spammers that have the "Donation Heart" next to their name.

Support spammers who support Robin !!!!!!!!!!!!

#79 5 years ago

complete22ge7dn3zf5gi.gif

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

With all this new cash along with him saying they plan to ship the rest of the LE's out in the next 90

Not trying to be a killjoy here but he said "90-ish days" and this is the same guy that has been telling these folks that their machine will be ready November, December or February/March. Also, I may be wrong, but isn't the issue for the delay the lack of cabinets and not a "cash" issue. Again, not trying to be negative as I hope Jack succeeds as I feel his first machine is excellent! Have a good one!

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Not trying to be a killjoy here but he said "90-ish days" and this is the same guy that has been telling these folks that their machine will be ready November, December or February/March. Also, I may be wrong, but isn't the issue for the delay the lack of cabinets and not a "cash" issue. Again, not trying to be negative as I hope Jack succeeds as I feel his first machine is excellent! Have a good one!

I'm hoping for the best. Things won't be run the same with that much money coming in, they'll also want control.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from BriGuy5:

Good catch on the pinball in the logo reflecting the hobbit playfield. Nice touch
I also see scores greater than a million.

In sticking with their theme of being 30 years out of date on scoring, they have advanced from EM scores to early 7 digit scores.

But seriously, I didn't like WOZ, but I am excited about this one. Maybe this will be the breakthrough for JJP.

#84 5 years ago

Looks great!

#85 5 years ago

Those graphics are amazing!!!!

#86 5 years ago

Looking pretty cool. Waiting for more info on pop ups and upper 1/3. I have all the time in the world. If I like what I see I will buy one in a couple years.

#87 5 years ago

Looking pretty cool, one question though, what's the point of using the top flippers when you can hit everything with the bottom flippers? What am i missing here?

#88 5 years ago

Looks great. Me want now!

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from tjsynkral:

n sticking with their theme of being 30 years out of date on scoring, they have advanced from EM scores to early 7 digit scores

Yes, I think EM games should have much more digits on their score reels, says the EM reel salesman.

But seriously, I like how they did the quadrants of the smaller videos, giving the center video spot a unique shape. It has evolved a bit from WOZ's quad layout.

#90 5 years ago

Hmm.. I don't know, I'm not feeling it, hope that upper playfield is jimdandy......

#91 5 years ago

Uh... The schematic is available. The point here is to show the game is real, not vapor ware. The Hobbit has most of the crazy stuff at the top like most other pinballs.

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Looking pretty cool, one question though, what's the point of using the top flippers when you can hit everything with the bottom flippers? What am i missing here?

Well, I don't think we will be able to hit either ramp with the front two pop ups (if there character pop ups) up using the bottom flippers. In those times say to get rid of the pop ups you may have to hit them on the back of the targets by making both ramps from the upper left and right flippers.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That really depends on when the have access to the assets from the third movie. They have to have time to update graphics, art, video and game play to incorporate stuff from the last movie in the trilogy.

JJP stated that that they have, right now, exclusive insight and info on the third movie.

#94 5 years ago

At least the pin looks better than the movies. So far the first two hobbit film were long and drawn out.

#95 5 years ago

I think it was intended for the films to be long and drawn out as Peter Jackson has literally enough time to cover the entire book and then some especially with putting in extra content that isn't even in the book. Personally I just love the world of Middle Earth and the more drawn out it is the better as long as Peter Jackson is the director for a Tolkien written book. I'll probably buy all of the extended editions on Blu Ray in a set when they are out as I did with LOTR. I think it will be too difficult to stay awake and watch all 6 films back to back though, haha.

For anyone interested in seeing how The Hobbit films were made check out the documentary below. Its a long video but wow is it ever cool just seeing how much work went into the films and the passion the crew has for them.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

I have confidence that the upper flippers will have something unique/easier,etc to hit.

#97 5 years ago

Really nice!
I have zero doubt TH will be a great pin. Will it be ready exactly on time? Who knows, but I am confident it will be a smoother ride than for the WoZ preorders.
Congrats to those who with faith and $$ who already preordered...

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

I think this is appropriate concern. I played a lot of WOZ the other day and felt like the upper flipper was only really needed for the skill shot and often resulted in an out of control situation (caveat - I don't consider myself a WOZ expert). I would like a satisfying shot with the upper flippers. I am in on hobbit and did not get in on WOZ due to theme, and to be honest I am now considering getting one, it's turning into a great game. Love trying to save my drains via TOTO and Dorothy (game within a game - they should make this a signature on all JJP games). Build quality is Amazing on WOZ

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

================
Pinsiders, remember to only order your game from forum spammers that have the "Donation Heart" next to their name.
Support spammers who support Robin !!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a heart , not like the other two tinman distributors who don't !!!
Just kiding they are great guys as well. Any of us three would take care of you on a pre-order.
They BOTH would donate to robin as WELL if they were asked.

I PLAN ON having a nice hobbit display, with a game of course BY Chicago EXPO!!!!!!

Pincades
219-924-PINS
Chicagoland JJP Dist.
Jesse T.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

I PLAN ON having a nice hobbit display, with a game of course BY Chicago EXPO!!!!!!...

Interesting!

I may have to make a stop by.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Ridgeland, WI
$ 27.50
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside