Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 201.
#9801 3 years ago

Late midlife crisis coming on, thinking of getting a new motorcycle. I have a Hobbit SE with upgraded cabinet decals and the PF protector coming supposed to be in July. Who wants it for $9500? (shipping on you from NC or could possibly have it shipped to you direct from JJP if they'll play ball) Price I paid is delivered to NC.

#9802 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Late midlife crisis coming on, thinking of getting a new motorcycle. I have a Hobbit SE with upgraded cabinet decals and the PF protector coming supposed to be in July. Who wants it for $9500? (shipping on you from NC or could possibly have it shipped to you direct from JJP if they'll play ball) Price I paid is delivered to NC.

That's funny, my midlife crisis is probably why I am buying pins.

GLWS

#9803 3 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

That's funny, my midlife crisis is probably why I am buying pins.
GLWS

Price reduced for quick sale, found my bike!! $9035 cash price. Best price you will find on an SE with RADicals and pf protector. No tax, possibly delivered NIB to your door in July, see my marketplace ad. I did all the waiting for you (perhaps why I am able to let it go, kind of soured on it because of the wait, never even seen one in person yet)

#9804 3 years ago

Jack said they are making 12~15 Hobbit per day atm.
And 500 made so far

#9805 3 years ago

Also. In the David theil talk, he mentions during multiball there are 24 things smaug can day before you hear something again (including jackpot callouts) . How many is in there in 1.20?

#9806 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

keep the pin

My friend about 6 years ago sold a MM, bought a Ducati, and someone ran a red light and killed him on the second day he owned it

i just wish he would have kept that machine instead

Good luck either way

#9807 3 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

keep the pin
My friend about 6 years ago sold a MM, bought a Ducati, and someone ran a red light and killed him on the second day he owned it
i just wish he would have kept that machine instead
Good luck either way

Well, that's sad. I rode all my adult life until my mid 30s and am very aware of the dangers. Thanks for the reminder though. My plan is to start off slow. This is a tripping / adventure bike, my preferred ride is the open highway or off-road away from other cars and intersections which is where the vast majority of motorcycle accidents occur.
Hobbit looks like it's sold.

#9808 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

WoZ raised the bar to a new level, this will set a world record high mark no doubt in my mind. I'm glad I'm in on this one.

Booo

#9809 3 years ago

I was excited 3 years ago when In posted that, I'm over it now.

#9810 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Well, that's sad. I rode all my adult life until my mid 30s and am very aware of the dangers. Thanks for the reminder though. My plan is to start off slow. This is a tripping / adventure bike, my preferred ride is the open highway or off-road away from other cars and intersections which is where the vast majority of motorcycle accidents occur.
Hobbit looks like it's sold.

please ride safe and know hobbit is a great game and you are missing out on a lot of fun for a risky endeavor but good luck either way

#9811 3 years ago

Thanks, noted and acknowledged.

#9812 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Feel free to explain why Mark saying
"Edit: turns out the local distributor actually ordered LE models day 1 so was in front of the line and asked to swap some of his LE for regular versions. There was no line jumping here. I got lucky "
in that thread didn't mean that story was true. I'm not calling horsecrap yet, I'd like an explanation of how something was true then and is now a lie. Years later it does sound like horsecrap to me, so explain it here.

Because after getting threatening phone calls from the distributor on the phone (no idea how they even got my phone number) I said I would recant it online to make it go away. He never paid for anything up front then ordered 10 and got them asap to sell.

#9813 3 years ago

Anyone have any Video's with the most recent update 1.21???

#9814 3 years ago

Just got my hobbit a couple days ago and love it! Into the fire on code 1.21 was super cool! Looking forward to the constant code updates and support on this title. The modes all feel unique and special. Having choices like to lock a ball of start a mode is nice and adds strategy and control for the player.

#9815 3 years ago

Just got mine as well. I can't stop playing it! I've had zero issues with this machine through gameplay. No balls getting stuck in vuk or pop ups, no ball jumping over ring lance, no weak flippers, no floaty play. This game kicks ass.

#9816 3 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

Just got mine as well. I can't stop playing it! I've had zero issues with this machine through gameplay. No balls getting stuck in vuk or pop ups, no ball jumping over ring lance, no weak flippers, no floaty play. This game kicks ass.

What's your playfield angle set at?

#9817 3 years ago

Loving v1.21 - EB at 50k and 100k, so not as impressive but still 3,818,853
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG

#9818 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

EB at 50k and 100k,

No.gif

#9819 3 years ago

Are the issues they had in the

Quoted from mummite:Just got my hobbit a couple days ago and love it! Into the fire on code 1.21 was super cool! Looking forward to the constant code updates and support on this title. The modes all feel unique and special. Having choices like to lock a ball of start a mode is nice and adds strategy and control for the player.

Are the issues that were discussed here, such as left wireform issue and the ball getting stuck in the popups, fixed? I saw on here they were suppose to put in a better wireform so the ball won't get stuck.

#9820 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

EB at 50k and 100k

#9821 3 years ago

On 1.21 we now have the "daily high score."

Is there a way to disable this in settings? I don't care for this at all. RS has this (as do other pins) but I hate having the screen come up for your initials....only to be told that it's just for the day.

#9822 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Is there a way to disable this in settings? I don't care for this at all. RS has this (as do other pins) but I hate having the screen come up for your initials....only to be told that it's just for the day.

I just AAA the initials real quick

#9823 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's in the high score settings menu. I turned it off after my first game on the new code.

#9824 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Are the issues that were discussed here, such as left wireform issue and the ball getting stuck in the popups, fixed? I saw on here they were suppose to put in a better wireform so the ball won't get stuck.

Fixes are coming for these items, but are not rdy yet and have not shipped with the latest games.

#9825 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I just AAA the initials real quick

That's exactly what I've been doing. But it's more the way it prick teases you by making you think you just got a high score.

Quoted from BillySastard:

It's in the high score settings menu. I turned it off after my first game on the new code.

Great, thanks.

#9826 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Bronson Head Shake

And the glass is off..

#9827 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's exactly what I've been doing. But it's more the way it prick teases you by making you think you just got a high score.

Come on, you're NOT a prick. I don't care what Jeff says about you.

#9828 3 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

What's your playfield angle set at?

I have mine set at 12 degrees. Plays perfect!

#9829 3 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

lol

#9830 3 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

Still floaty to some I bet

#9831 3 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

Try to get it to 90 degrees, make it a fine pachinko machine.

#9832 3 years ago

Just got my first plays in on a Hobbit last night. First impression - I absolutely loved it. Visually stunning, great gameplay and feel - I look forward to learning the rules more and might look to pick one up in a few months.

#9833 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Just got my first plays in on a Hobbit last night. First impression - I absolutely loved it. Visually stunning, great gameplay and feel - I look forward to learning the rules more and might look to pick one up in a few months.

Congrats! I have had mine over a week or more and really enjoy it. Still with the code at it's current state I am still finding cool little items and features I am only now just uncovering. Great game, looking forward to see hoe the final code all pans out.

#9834 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Played it for the first time the other day, (thanks mummite!) and thought I was special for a moment when my initials were requested...only to learn I was the first one to play it that day

#9835 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Played it for the first time the other day, (thanks mummite!) and thought I was special for a moment when my initials were requested...only to learn I was the first one to play it that day

Had a bbq last weekend people absolutely loved the daily high score! It gave them something to shoot for as all my high scores are in the millions. They talked about it a lot.

And whats awesome is that you can turn it on or off for parties.

I wish my WOZ had that feature. People would like it more.

#9836 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Had a bbq last weekend people absolutely loved the daily high score! It gave them something to shoot for as all my high scores are in the millions. They talked about it a lot.
And whats awesome is that you can turn it on or off for parties.
I wish my WOZ had that feature. People would like it more.

Exactly. We are having our big annual 4th of July BBQ Monday, and I will turn the daily high score feature back on for that day.

1 month later
#9837 3 years ago

Jack said they are pumping out 15 a day.

Pretty sure that's 5 days a week. 75 a week. 300 a month I guess. Not bad, hope it brings forward jjp3

2 weeks later
#9838 3 years ago

How many have made deposits? I put my deposit down long ago, but haven't heard anything. Surely they don't have 1000 deposits. I should have gotten notice by now, but when I've enquired about delivery of my machine, the response was "good question".

#9839 3 years ago

Get your deposit back. Call automated services. You'll have it in a week. I did

#9840 3 years ago

Installed update 1.31. Nice improvements! I like that mode ball lock added feature.

#9841 3 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

How many have made deposits? I put my deposit down long ago, but haven't heard anything. Surely they don't have 1000 deposits. I should have gotten notice by now, but when I've enquired about delivery of my machine, the response was "good question".

Call/email Jen. She can give you an approximate timing. Last I saw a week ago, they were still fulfilling December 2012 orders ... people are still receiving Smaugs, so it is still the early orders. But ... she told me mine should be near the end of Sept and I ordered a little less than a year ago. So yours should be soon if it was ordered between December 2012 and late last year.

#9842 3 years ago

I ordered and paid in full direct from JJP in October 2014 and I was told I can expect my game by the end of this month or sometime in September.

#9843 3 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I ordered and paid in full direct from JJP in October 2014 and I was told I can expect my game by the end of this month or sometime in September.

I couldn't handle my mood swings waiting almost 2 years for a game. I'd go ape shit before then. Some people have an abundance of patience.

#9844 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I couldn't handle my mood swings waiting almost 2 years for a game. I'd go ape shit before then. Some people have an abundance of patience.

How would those mood swings handle a guy like me with no preorder swooping in and buying and receiving a game or my friend having 3 (also no preorder) with some up for sale?

#9845 3 years ago

I have no problem with the wait because I'm hoping my game will arrive with all the known issues fixed!

#9846 3 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I have no problem with the wait because I'm hoping my game will arrive with all the known issues fixed!

Mine arrived last week and we were pleasantly surprised that it needed no adjustments out of the box. Fixes that JJP are sending customers were already installed. The only thing I needed to do was update the code.

#9847 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Mine arrived last week and we were pleasantly surprised that it needed no adjustments out of the box. Fixes that JJP are sending customers were already installed. The only thing I needed to do was update the code.

Perfect - have fun!

#9848 3 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I'm with you on that thought. But now that it sounds like all the quirks are worked out and fixed, it is getting harder to be patient. If I wasn't told that my LE with my number picked out on it would ship in a month or so, I'd switch to a current Smaug (with the fixes) from one of the distributors.

#9850 3 years ago

The one and only Hobbit has arrived in Denmark.

image_(resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside