47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 201.
#9601 8 years ago

another video

#9602 8 years ago

Does anyone know if there will be custom callouts for Gollum, Bilbo, and / or Smaug as well? I thought I read somewhere that JJP got another voice actor to do those in addition to the guy that did the Gandalf callouts.

#9603 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does anyone know if there will be custom callouts for Gollum, Bilbo, and / or Smaug as well? I thought I read somewhere that JJP got another voice actor to do those in addition to the guy that did the Gandalf callouts.

I sure hope so

#9604 8 years ago

I have a couple more videos to post

#9605 8 years ago
Quoted from B9:

I have a couple more videos to post
» YouTube video

B9 is that spring on the shooter rod that weak??? Few times the ball came out and made it to the center of the pf and that was it!

#9606 8 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

B9 is that spring on the shooter rod that weak??? Few times the ball came out and made it to the center of the pf and that was it!

Yes, the spring is weak in the shooter but I think there's a few things going on, and they are;

- There are so many skillshots that require a soft plunge that I think a weak shooter was intentional
- When my playfield is half out of the machine the rails would rest on the shooter rod and it may be bent now (spinning it shows a wobble at the end of the shaft)
- I had to replace the shooter rod tip because it was already torn

#9607 8 years ago

B9 I think you have now enough games on this game, also it still in an early code state, how do you like it so far?

#9608 8 years ago

My first game over a million

#9609 8 years ago

Thanks B9,
Was waiting for some more videos

Last video is set to private.

#9610 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

B9 I think you have now enough games on this game, also it still in an early code state, how do you like it so far?

At first I wasn't totally excited about the game but with the latest update (v1.01) I've been more drawn into the the gameplay experience.

One interesting thing about the Hobbit is how it attracts friends and family that have no interest in playing the few other games that i have in my collection but will gladly play several games of Hobbit.

I'll see about writing a review soon

#9611 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I hope the pop-ups aren't only used as targets, but also used as blockers. What would be cool is if they would pop up for a mode (or portion of a mode) as if they were defending the targets you need to hit and don't go down if you hit them. The targets you need to hit would be something in the back (drops, ramps, whatever) and the pop ups serve as an obstacle. Maybe the pop-ups go down if you hit them enough times and the shot you need to hit is a countdown, so "breaking through" would serve as a time/point penalty. Lot of creative ways to use these targets that could make them better than just being the same trolls that were in MM.

Yes as others have noted, this is already there at least in one mode. In one mode, the pop-up is blocking the shot you need to make and won't go down. You need to hit a different shot to lower the pop-up for a very brief period so that you can make the shot.

#9612 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Last video is set to private.

sorry about that

Should be all set now

#9613 8 years ago

one more

#9614 8 years ago

I put about an hour's worth of gameplay up here:

The last game starting at the 46:30 mark is the best, the rest is typical play from me

#9615 8 years ago
Quoted from B9:

sorry about that
Should be all set now

Great video. Can't believe you saved the ball when the gollum save was like 1 pixel wide. On the last ball it happened again and it was back to being really big. Is the length of the 'save area' dependent on how long your ball time has been perhaps? Doesn't seem to follow TOTO rules.

You got though a nice amount of modes there! You got 2 x Spider modes in a row and he wouldn't pop up!

#9616 8 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

The last game starting at the 46:30 mark is the best, the rest is typical play from me

I like the video with both the screen and playfield

What angle and flipper strength is your game set at ?

#9617 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Spider modes in a row and he wouldn't pop up!

My spider has been giving me guff since the beginning and I've been trying different things to solve the issue but would rather play than work on getting the spider perfect

#9618 8 years ago
Quoted from B9:

I like the video with both the screen and playfield
What angle and flipper strength is your game set at ?

I am using what came with my game out of the box. The playfield is at 7 degrees.

What is interesting to me is my game shows that the coils were changed from the factory and are not the defaults.

IMG_4370_(resized).JPGIMG_4370_(resized).JPG

#9619 8 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

What is interesting to me is my game shows that the coils were changed from the factory and are not the defaults.

That's because you did the delta update and it doesn't update the settings.

I had the same results and moved my main flippers to 22 after the delta upgrade but didn't touch any of the other settings.

I set my playfield to 9 degrees for fast action

#9620 8 years ago

Anybody from Canada hear when Starburst gets their first shipment?

#9621 8 years ago

Have any of you noticed that the knocker for final score "Match" is crazy loud? I almost wet my pants the first time I got a match!

I couldn't find an adjustment for this in the menu. Any ideas about where it is? Thanks.

#9622 8 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Anybody from Canada hear when Starburst gets their first shipment?

i just emailed Jenn at JJP. When we last talked (February 19) she said " I would say that they should have all their machines by late May/early June"
They were rationing out games to all dealers to be fair, so some would come much earlier.
I will report back on any update.

#9623 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Have any of you noticed that the knocker for final score "Match" is crazy loud? I almost wet my pants the first time I got a match!

Isn't that how it's supposed to be?
I almost wet my pants when I hear the knocker of modern Stern machines, but not because of it's loudness.....

#9624 8 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

Isn't that how it's supposed to be?
I almost wet my pants when I hear the knocker of modern Stern machines, but not because of it's loudness.....

Also when you think back to the complaints levelled at WOZ's knocker. Now it sounds like nobody can complain

#9625 8 years ago

My other question is what is the function of the red target in the right out lane?

#9626 8 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

i just emailed Jenn at JJP. When we last talked (February 19) she said " I would say that they should have all their machines by late May/early June"
They were rationing out games to all dealers to be fair, so some would come much earlier.
I will report back on any update.

thanks!

#9627 8 years ago

My other question is what is the function of the red target in the right out lane?

I was wondering the same thing but I like surprises so I just thought I would wait until I get my game.

#9628 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

I was wondering the same thing but I like surprises so I just thought I would wait until I get my game.

I suspect that in certain situations it may award an add a ball. There have been a few times when I got another ball in play but don't know why. The red target may be the culprit or I could be full of shit.

#9629 8 years ago

I suspect that in certain situations it may award an add a ball. There have been a few times when I got another ball in play but don't know why. The red target may be the culprit or I could be full of shit.

The only add a ball that I've seen is when I get beast multiball added to Smaug multibal

#9630 8 years ago

Sammy,
Jen said " Cineplex has already gotten a few games from us and they are scheduled to get 9 more either the last week of April or first week of May."
Mine is in with the 9.

Hope yours is as well!

#9631 8 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I put about an hour's worth of gameplay up here:
» YouTube video

Thanks for sharing video! Is it me or is the sound messed up?

#9632 8 years ago

Notes on the video explain the audio issues. It's a feed from the headphone jack

#9633 8 years ago

cool; i always forget how to read after work

#9634 8 years ago
Quoted from B9:

My first game over a million
» YouTube video

Nice! Thanks for posting. Game looks awesome. I got back in on The Hobbit this past week. I'm going to have to wait sometime for my game but the wait will be well worth it from everything I'm seeing / reading.

A couple things I noticed in the video. The music and sound effects are not only awesome but there is also a ton of variety with them including across the games various modes. I've never heard this level of quality of music before in a pinball machine. If there was a "Best Sound Editing" and "Best Soundtrack" award for pinball The Hobbit would easily win.

Second, you can see that some really cool and unique things are being programmed into the game. I knocked the pop up peg for the windlance in the past but the way it's being utilized is very cool. When you combine it with the ability to control how much power goes to the kickback you can see how multiple shots can be then be hit. One of those shots will be to the third flipper and I'm sure we will see some "one time" shots that must be made from the upper right flipper from the kickback. Now that will finally shut the "the 3rd flipper is useless" people up, lol

If the game is already playing this good with 1.0x code I can't imagine how good it will be once it reaches WOZ's level of polish.

#9635 8 years ago

Also, does it seem like the pop ups have the ability to pop up differently in terms of motion? Sometimes I see the pop ups going immediately up and other times its more of a rapid back and forth motion at mid height.

#9636 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Notes on the video explain the audio issues. It's a feed from the headphone jack

I just ordered a new shielded cable that will hopefully clean up that noise. If not I will place my mic next to the top of the head for better sound. The sound on this game is nothing short of amazing. The quality is so crisp and clear.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Also, does it seem like the pop ups have the ability to pop up differently in terms of motion? Sometimes I see the pop ups going immediately up and other times its more of a rapid back and forth motion at mid height.

The mechs use a flipper coil to bring them up and keep them up so there can be a lot of control over how they move, all dependent on how Keith codes the game. I suspect what you are seeing though is the switch for the beast head is gapped too tightly and it thinks it was hit and goes right back down. You have to be careful how much of a gap there is, if the gap is too close it will get a false trigger and if the gap is too wide you won't get that cool hit from the rear (the back stab).

#9637 8 years ago

The red target on the right outlane is lit as the 3rd or 4th mystery award, and awards the 'meter' minigame to get your ball back, no?

#9638 8 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

The red target on the right outlane is lit as the 3rd or 4th mystery award, and awards the 'meter' minigame to get your ball back, no?

The 'meter' game is availible when the green Gollum light is lit in the outlane, not sure how to light Gollum.

#9639 8 years ago

Screenshot_2016-04-13_23.40.22_(resized).pngScreenshot_2016-04-13_23.40.22_(resized).png

#9640 8 years ago

Hi Everyone!

Happening this Saturday - The Hobbit Pinball Release Party with Jersey Jack at Pinballs.com/Automated Services! April 16th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

145 Pepe's Farm Road, Milford, CT
*Over 30 pinballs will be on free play*
Food, refreshments, prizes & giveaways! https://www.facebook.com/events/1696695760597158/

Hope to see you there!

jack_and_mike_(resized).jpgjack_and_mike_(resized).jpg

#9641 8 years ago

Just got the call. My TH SE is out for delivery today!

#9642 8 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

Just got the call. My TH SE is out for delivery today!

...and you just recently ordered it? How did you manage that?

#9643 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I dunno. I just ordered it on the 1st and they said it would ship the next week, and it did.

#9644 8 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

I dunno. I just ordered it on the 1st and they said it would ship the next week, and it did.

Mind if I ask which distributor you ordered through? Just curious.

#9645 8 years ago

Question for home owners and/or hobbit players who are quite intimate with the code, more specifically the modes. And this may be a question for the JJP owners group, and forgive me if this is already in place with the latest update, but...

Do you think they will or there is a way to tie the modes altogether so you can have them running concurrently? For example, have the ability to start a Gandalf mode then a dwarf mode then an elf mode and have some stacking abilities? Or are they intended to be played in a linear fashion?

#9646 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

New money > Old money

#9647 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Question for home owners and/or hobbit players who are quite intimate with the code, more specifically the modes. And this may be a question for the JJP owners group, and forgive me if this is already in place with the latest update, but...
Do you think they will or there is a way to tie the modes altogether so you can have them running concurrently? For example, have the ability to start a Gandalf mode then a dwarf mode then an elf mode and have some stacking abilities? Or are they intended to be played in a linear fashion?

Keith has stated the modes cannot be stacked on top of each other.

#9648 8 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Keith has stated the modes cannot be stacked on top of each other.

Dang, so 30+ modes of linear progression? That's worse than Star Trek. Not complaining, STLE is one of my favorites, but Hopefully it all meshes together well.

#9649 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

New money > Old money

False. He didn't order directly from JJP as he said. A distrib who likely had one in inventory he wanted to sell.

Stop spreading B.S.

#9650 8 years ago

Correct. I did not order directly from JJP. I bought through a stern distributor who contacted a local JJP distributor they work with. Before I ordered I was told it was ready to ship. So I'm sure it was one in inventory as stated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/193 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.