Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 201.
#9551 3 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

lol....decal upgrade....
I can only imagine the pitchforks and torches if Stern ever required a $400 charge for premium DECALS!
I wonder whats next?
$200 if you actually want your game tested before it ships
$500 for a "thicker glossier" clear on the playfield
JJP is definitely breaking new ground in the area of selling upgrades to your order.... Jack must have worked in a car dealership is a former lifetime

The decals that are standard on the Hobbit are pretty nice print quality wise so I can't see paying the extra $400 for the upgraded decals. You don't have to buy them if you don't want them.

The clear doesn't need to be any thicker, the standard clear on the Hobbit playfields is very nice. It is much nicer than what Stern puts on their fields by far.

#9552 3 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

The decals that are standard on the Hobbit are pretty nice print quality wise so I can't see paying the extra $400 for the upgraded decals. You don't have to buy them if you don't want them.
The clear doesn't need to be any thicker, the standard clear on the Hobbit playfields is very nice. It is much nicer than what Stern puts on their fields by far.

I may consider the Radcals if I ever damage the originals...

#9553 3 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

I may consider the Radcals if I ever damage the originals...

That makes a little more sense...

#9554 3 years ago

I can't remember the last time I looked at the side of a cabinet while playing a great game of pinball. Isn't the game expensive enough without adding things no one will ever even recognize? Maybe you should just staple a bunch of c-notes around the playfied to show off. Seems like a much better value and easier to remonetize (as opposed to all the mods that make people want to pay less for the game).

#9555 3 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I can't remember the last time I looked at the side of a cabinet while playing a great game of pinball.

It isn't intended to be looked at while playing. By your logic the cabinet could have no color or decals at all - not what I would want

#9556 3 years ago

From what I've seen the radcals are much more than a decal, more like sheet of laminate. You might not need them in the home environment but it's nice to have the option.

#9557 3 years ago

If it's made from the stuff I think it is, you can't roll it up or bend it much so shipping them will a PITA. I'm more curious what they'll look like 20 years from now.

#9558 3 years ago

Here's another video of the Hobbit update v1.01 in action

#9559 3 years ago
Quoted from B9:

» YouTube video

Could you check if youtube lets you rotate the video properly?

#9560 3 years ago
Quoted from goldant:

Could you check if youtube lets you rotate the video properly?

I've started the process to rotate the video bit it's approximately 1.8GB in size so it may take some time.

If you use chrome here's an odd plugin that will rotate the screen

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/read-in-bed/gjbepkalbfffninamijgbcniiiogcgjp

#9561 3 years ago

Video finally finished

#9562 3 years ago
Quoted from B9:

» YouTube video

That was awesome viewing!

1. What's up with your spider? Seems to go up and down a little.
2. That extra ball animation! Amazing
3. Gollums riddle mode. So good

#9563 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

1. What's up with your spider? Seems to go up and down a little.

My spider has been giving me some trouble but I have some things to check out thanks to some suggestions posted on the JJP group

I'll have some time this weekend to fiddle with it and will post my results here

#9564 3 years ago

Good luck! And keep the videos coming

How are you mounting the camera?. Can almost see what's on the screen. Just a tiny bit over exposed.

#9565 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

How are you mounting the camera?

It's a point and shoot camera on a small tripod tangled in the opening of the drop ceiling.

It had multi-point auto focus enabled and I think that's why there was some in and out blurriness.

I'm going to try some different settings and see what kind of results I get.

The Resurgence of Saruman mode is such a great lightshow but it doesn't come across well in the video.

#9566 3 years ago

Thanks for the video. Are all your games that long? LOL, playing a game of Hobbit and LOTR back to back will take an hour! Regardless, still looking forward to mine. I only watched the first 9 minutes or so and in that time you had Smaug MB a couple of times and looked to be working on a third. Any other MBs you come across?

#9567 3 years ago

He also got beast frenzy which us 2 ball multiball. Feast frenzy not programmed in. Neither are the arkenstone modes so it's missing at least 4 multiballs. I think one of the modes was a 2 ball multiball as well?

#9568 3 years ago

Hobbits at the Allentown Pinfest - May 6 and 7 !

PinballSTAR Amusements will have probably 4 Hobbits at Allentown Pinfest in a few weeks. I will have a nice variety for everyone to evaluate the different models and options. I'm thinking 2 LEs, 2 Smaugs, one with Rad Cal decals, and one with the PF protector.

We always have a great variety in our booth and we're going for broke this year ! We'll have 10 booth spaces with about 30 different games we sell on display to play. Still working out logistics on a few marked as 'maybe' below.

We'll be doing the popular Spooky's Americas Most Haunted (AMH) CHARITY RAFFLE again. We will start that online next week, look for announcement. Proceeds go to the PinballSTAR children's hospital charity where we donate Wizard of Oz machines to children's hospitals. We have one going to UNC Children's Hospital in Chapel Hill NC this Tuesday 4/12 - via one we donated to Project Pinball. And another going in the next month or so to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). Two donations made possible by these raffles and your support... THANK YOU.

JJP :
4 Hobbits - 2 LEs / 2 Smaugs
2 Wizard of Oz - Standard and Ruby Red 75th Anniversary

Planetary Pinball :
Medieval Madness Remake Standard (maybe !)

Chicago Gaming :
2 Arcade Legends (130 classic video games)
2 Ms Pac Man / Galaga

Spooky Pinball :
America's Most Haunted - Charity Raffle !
Rob Zombie (maybe !)

VP Cabs - Our newest manufacturer we represent ! Virtual Pinball !
SEE VP Cabs ON ABC's SHARK TANK on May 13th !!!
3 VP Cabs LE full size models
2 VP Cabs Mini models
9 VP Cabs NEW Vertigo vertical models with pinball AND video games !

Multimorphic - P3 - Lexy Lightspeed
We have offered space in our booth to our friends from Texas at Multimorphic to bring their revolutionary interchangeable multi-game pinball platform to Allentown for everyone to enjoy. (Maybe - still working out logistics)...

...nearly 30 games up and running for everyone to enjoy. Come see us. If you have any interest in preordering anything for delivery to the show please contact Joe Newhart at Sales@PinballSTAR.com or call 570-357-0042. I will offer show discounts we'll be offering at the show to anyone who is not local or not attending the show - just email us for your best pricing on any of the above games.

As one of the largest JJP distributors we are still selling from our Day 1 allotment of both Hobbit LE's and Hobbit Smaug SE's (a few still left). We also have WOZ Standards and 75th's IN STOCK.

With most games we represent we will be selling both NIB games and some of the show floor games (at a discount) - contact us prior if you'd like to reserve one. We can ship anywhere in the US...

Hope to see everyone at the show !

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
Sales@PinballSTAR.com
570-357-0042

#9569 3 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

only watched the first 9 minutes or so

You missed super spinner and extra ball -

#9570 3 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Thanks for the video. Are all your games that long? LOL, playing a game of Hobbit and LOTR back to back will take an hour! Regardless, still looking forward to mine. I only watched the first 9 minutes or so and in that time you had Smaug MB a couple of times and looked to be working on a third. Any other MBs you come across?

The first 9 minutes kinda sucked. The rest was great!

#9571 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

He also got beast frenzy which us 2 ball multiball. Feast frenzy not programmed in. Neither are the arkenstone modes so it's missing at least 4 multiballs. I think one of the modes was a 2 ball multiball as well?

There's a Feast Frenzy mode slated to be in the game?

#9572 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There's a Feast Frenzy mode slated to be in the game?

Yes, after you collect all the dwarves it will start or be available to start. There's a video somewhere of the animations. JJP facebook has it.

#9573 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yes, after you collect all the dwarves it will start or be available to start. There's a video somewhere of the animations. JJP facebook has it.

Here is the direct link to the feast frenzy video:
https://www.facebook.com/JerseyJackPinball/videos/1080076358677626/

#9574 3 years ago

Looks cool! But is it weird that a lot of sounds, animations, call outs, and maybe even rules aren't in the game despite being completed?

#9575 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Looks cool! But is it weird that a lot of sounds, animations, call outs, and maybe even rules aren't in the game despite being completed?

Just waiting on the software framework.

#9576 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There's more than plenty to do in the game right now, I'm still learning new things. For example, when you hit the pop bumpers (barrels) enough a single Dwarf drop target needs to get hit to get something. I say something because I didn't catch what it awards

#9577 3 years ago

I am really enjoying the new code lots to do and learn. If you have not had a chance to play hobbit with the update you are in for a treat when you do. This is just the first step in what the code will evolve into one update and it is already a much more interesting and playable game. Right now I just want to keep hitting the start button over and over every play seems new and different.

#9578 3 years ago
Quoted from klinde1:

I am really enjoying the new code lots to do and learn. If you have not had a chance to play hobbit with the update you are in for a treat when you do. This is just the first step in what the code will evolve into one update and it is already a much more interesting and playable game. Right now I just want to keep hitting the start button over and over every play seems new and different.

Dumb question:
if I'm playing a TH on location, is the software version displayed at start or somehow otherwise determinable?

Also, did Smaug get more callouts in this version?

#9579 3 years ago

When the machine turns on its displayed in small white text while Linux is loading. Hard to see.

Don't think there are new smaug call outs yet. And still no progression through to the arkenstone modes yet.
I think it's going to take a while to get everything in there.

#9580 3 years ago

From what is being said about software/av/audio so far ... structure is in place, sounds and videos are done but are maybe only half in. Rules for modes, Smaug mb and general things are in, so count rules at 50%. Integration of videos and audio to modes is outstanding and gameplay looks extrememly fun. Those saying pf is open and bare were discounting the level of interaction from the 4 popups. Those things are always poking their heads up. What is really neat though is that they bounce enough and absorb the shock such that they don't
usually result in a drain, despite being so close to the flippers. Once the main movie modes are added along with missing mb's, this will no longer still be your grandmother's pinball machine. It should be fun stacking modes and features and there will be plenty to shoot for. Game already has some shots that require good aim, like the closest elf and man drop target and right orbit. I might go so far as to proclaim TH as evolutionary, once complete, it's already like a pinball machine on steroids. TH seems to invite you along for an adventure and then puts you in the middle. Maybe the journey to learn the hobbit is the reward ... I hope so.

#9581 3 years ago

That was sweet it immersed me into the game for sure. This game will be amazing!

#9582 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

That was sweet it immersed me into the game for sure. This game will be amazing!

I can't wait to play one at Pintastic New England!

https://pintasticnewengland.com/

#9583 3 years ago

Mine is shipping via R&L. Thursday NJ -> Philly. Friday Philly -> Ohio -> South Bend, IN. Awaiting the call hopefully Monday for delivery.

These last few days of waiting are the hardest part!!!!!!!!

SE#31 almost here...

#9584 3 years ago

I hope the pop-ups aren't only used as targets, but also used as blockers. What would be cool is if they would pop up for a mode (or portion of a mode) as if they were defending the targets you need to hit and don't go down if you hit them. The targets you need to hit would be something in the back (drops, ramps, whatever) and the pop ups serve as an obstacle. Maybe the pop-ups go down if you hit them enough times and the shot you need to hit is a countdown, so "breaking through" would serve as a time/point penalty. Lot of creative ways to use these targets that could make them better than just being the same trolls that were in MM.

#9585 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I hope the pop-ups aren't only used as targets, but also used as blockers. What would be cool is if they would pop up for a mode (or portion of a mode) as if they were defending the targets you need to hit and don't go down if you hit them. The targets you need to hit would be something in the back (drops, ramps, whatever) and the pop ups serve as an obstacle. Maybe the pop-ups go down if you hit them enough times and the shot you need to hit is a countdown, so "breaking through" would serve as a time/point penalty. Lot of creative ways to use these targets that could make them better than just being the same trolls that were in MM.

Interesting idea. Haven't played one yet but wonder if they could use this as a way to block some shots requiring you to hit the orbit and use the upper flipper to hit a shot since it is blocked with the lower flippers. That would create a nice combo you would need to hit that Keith would no doubt tie in with some other things to pile on the pressure but make it more rewarding when you hit it.

#9586 3 years ago

I played TH again

I won't go into all the details, but:

It's a good! (channeling my Chef Boyardee accent)

#9587 3 years ago

With everyone stating that Keith is gonna knock it out of the park with future code, and Jack and Hobbit owners counting on him to deliver, I can't imagine dealing with that kind of pressure. I hope they're paying him well.

#9588 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Interesting idea. Haven't played one yet but wonder if they could use this as a way to block some shots requiring you to hit the orbit and use the upper flipper to hit a shot since it is blocked with the lower flippers. That would create a nice combo you would need to hit that Keith would no doubt tie in with some other things to pile on the pressure but make it more rewarding when you hit it.

Great idea. You may have found the answer to the upper flipper question.

#9589 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

With everyone stating that Keith is gonna knock it out of the park with future code, and Jack and Hobbit owners counting on him to deliver, I can't imagine dealing with that kind of pressure. I hope they're paying him well.

Keith seems to inherently understand the type of rules that make a game great, and he has a passion to do it.

I think he's got less pressure to prove his ability, and more of a natural desire to create something cool

#9590 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I believe this to be true in a few of the modes if I'm remembering right. I believe in one of the Radagast escape modes some of the monster bash targets stay up and you can't get them down making it harder to accomplish what is needed. There are definitely some modes where the drop targets cycle and you aren't supposed to hit them but hit the stand up targets behind them. There are so many modes in this game it is hard to see what to do in all of them without looking up at screen and even then they change as you progress. Great fun and variety of modes I have seen so far.

#9591 3 years ago

Which is the mode that when you hit the right ramp the ball will divert and drain down the left outlane?
What are you meant to do in that mode?

#9592 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Which is the mode that when you hit the right ramp the ball will divert and drain down the left outlane?
What are you meant to do in that mode?

It seems quite a few of the modes do this, not sure I really see the purpose other than a quick pause to let you gather for what needs done after.

#9593 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

It seems quite a few of the modes do this, not sure I really see the purpose other than a quick pause to let you gather for what needs done after.

All modes do this. What i was talking about it (unless its a bug)
There is an actual mode, during the play you shoot the right ramp - it diverts the ball into the left outlane and the post does NOT come up. So the ball is over, a punishment for shooting that ramp

#9594 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

All modes do this. What i was talking about it (unless its a bug)
There is an actual mode, during the play you shoot the right ramp - it diverts the ball into the left outlane and the post does NOT come up. So the ball is over, a punishment for shooting that ramp

I don't think I've seen this that I remember.

#9595 3 years ago

Its here

at 13 mins 50 seconds

Actually watching it again, i am guessing you have to hit the fire button as soon as the ball drops in? seems like a high risk shot!

#9596 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I think this was a bug because I haven't encountered it in version 1.01 of the code

#9597 3 years ago
Quoted from B9:

I think this was a bug because I haven't encountered it in version 1.01 of the code

I think it is a bug as well. The game tells you to hit the right ramp to load the arrow and the insert is lit but the ball just drains. It has happened to me multiple times.

#9598 3 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

It has happened to me multiple times.

Have you had it happen while running the 1.01 code ?

#9599 3 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Have you had it happen while running the 1.01 code ?

I'm not certain but I will be putting in some quality time this week which I will video and put on YouTube and Twitch.

#9600 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Its here
» YouTube video
at 13 mins 50 seconds
Actually watching it again, i am guessing you have to hit the fire button as soon as the ball drops in? seems like a high risk shot!

The play in this video was plenty fast!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside