Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 201.
#9301 3 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

The photos from mnpinball's "The Hobbit Has Landed" revealed powder coated rails. It's not in the specs but clearly on that machine.

Here's a good pic from "The Hobbit Has Landed" thread showing the powder coated rails.

54bdc71ca8e77edbd0863b372da5fd0aca2924f2_(resized).jpg

#9302 3 years ago

Catching up on the last 10 pages of this thread and although I have no horse in the race, I've gotto say TH is possibly the most beautiful pin ever made every part is meticulously detailed, it's been a long time coming but those who have been waiting look to be in for a treat! But over the last 10 pages there is way to much bitching and moaning on pinside these days considering the hobby is healthier than its been in years we should all be pretty positive, there's always gonna be shit some of us don't like, JJPs delays and slow pace on games, Sterns speedy cookie cutter games, but we have some great games coming from and although WoZ wasn't my taste it was beautiful and from the looks of TH we have some truely beautiful and fun games coming from JJP plus spooky there's something for everyone.

Now if JJP can make a James Bond pin to the same quality of TH I'll take 2!

#9303 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Catching up on the last 10 pages of this thread and although I have no horse in the race, I've gotto say TH is possibly the most beautiful pin ever made every part is meticulously detailed, it's been a long time coming but those who have been waiting look to be in for a treat! But over the last 10 pages there is way to much bitching and moaning on pinside these days considering the hobby is healthier than its been in years we should all be pretty positive, there's always gonna be shit some of us don't like, JJPs delays and slow pace on games, Sterns speedy cookie cutter games, but we have some great games coming from and although WoZ wasn't my taste it was beautiful and from the looks of TH we have some truely beautiful and fun games coming from JJP plus spooky there's something for everyone.
Now if JJP can make a James Bond pin to the same quality of TH I'll take 2!

These guys have thousands of dollars invested into a pin that is delayed again and again. Some of these same guys have lost money on Skitb and Zidware, so I think it's fair that they air grievances.

#9304 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

These guys have thousands of dollars invested into a pin that is delayed again and again. Some of these same guys have lost money on Skitb and Zidware, so I think it's fair that they air grievances.

Well I nearly lost money to SkitB myself but I was lucky in that I pulled out way before the trouble so I feel for those guys and wouldn't make any derogatory remarks on the subject or towards anyone who was burned, but I think you misunderstood me my comment wasn't just related to TH but the hobby as a whole, who wouldn't want a more positive pinside after the 2015 the hobby had it would be nice to have a positive 2016 not just for the hobby but for all pinheads. Hence my sentiment that it's been a long time coming but certainly looks like it's going to be worth the wait.

#9305 3 years ago

I ordered a Hobbit LE based in part on the excellent reviews from the mnpinball thread. That game featured coated rails which looked fantastic. It's not bitching to want to understand if the machine I ordered will have them.

#9306 3 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

I ordered a Hobbit LE based in part on the excellent reviews from the mnpinball thread. That game featured coated rails which looked fantastic. It's not bitching to want to understand if the machine I ordered will have them.

Email and ask, I never assumed anything other than what they officially listed.

#9307 3 years ago
Quoted from B9:

New pics from JJP Facebook page (Yes these have already been posted to the 2016 Hobbit thread)

12592416_1112720445413217_2367419258805160283_n_(resized).jpg12592782_1112718878746707_3178727899817394511_n_(resized).jpg

do they not have heat lol why is everyone bundled up

#9308 3 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

They have heat. Huge block building. Even if you pumped a lot of heat in there, it would still be cool on cold winter days.

LTG : )

#9309 3 years ago

what is the giant hobbit playfield in the picture?

#9310 3 years ago

Will production be a lot faster with these then it was with woz? Just curious; hoping they ship out all the pre orders first; would only be fair

#9311 3 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

Of course they do.

All employers are contractual obligated to heat their work space.

um... oh....shit....

#9312 3 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Of course they do.
All employers are contractual obligated to heat their work space.
um... oh....shit....

time for someone to post a picture of sterns interior to see if they are wearing winter hats and jackets lol

#9313 3 years ago

At my office we wear coats and jackets and it is in a very nice - properly heated office building. I think people just like wearing winter stuff when it is 20 degrees outside. Especially in a warehouse. Lowepg is probably just trying to be funny.

#9314 3 years ago

It's not really fair to compare Stern with hundreds of employees hustling and heating up the place (and 32 microwave ovens in the lunchroom) , but here are t-shirts in November:

(Watch for microwave wall at 6:58)

#9315 3 years ago

Im guess most of the commentors on the cold, have never really lived in the cold.

#9316 3 years ago

Heatgate

1 week later
#9317 3 years ago

W00t! Got the word that my playfield is already on the assembly line!

#9318 3 years ago

Awesome! Can't wait for word on my THSE!

#9319 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They have heat. Huge block building. Even if you pumped a lot of heat in there, it would still be cool on cold winter days.

Uh....it's 58 degrees here today....no hats...

#9320 3 years ago

Tomorrow, be here :

The Fifth Estate
506 Fifth Ave
Brooklyn NY
Hobbit will be there
Check it out yourselves
Two thumbs up !!

IMG_2795_(resized).jpg

IMG_2805_(resized).jpg

IMG_2807_(resized).jpg

#9321 3 years ago

My head is up in the clouds wondering what number my machine is on the line........

#9322 3 years ago

Are you a regular preorder?

Quoted from pinaholic:

Tomorrow, be here :
The Fifth Estate
506 Fifth Ave
Brooklyn NY
Hobbit will be there
Check it out yourselves
Two thumbs up !!

IMG_2795_(resized).jpgIMG_2805_(resized).jpgIMG_2807_(resized).jpg

#9323 3 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

Tomorrow, be here :
The Fifth Estate
506 Fifth Ave
Brooklyn NY
Hobbit will be there
Check it out yourselves
Two thumbs up !!

I wish I could be there, hopefully someone will go and take some excellent video

#9324 3 years ago
Quoted from B9:

I wish I could be there, hopefully someone will go and take some excellent video

check the 2016 hobbit update or the Hobbit at Classic Pinball thread for video, although i would not be surprised if you dont think its excellent.

#9325 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

check the 2016 hobbit update or the Hobbit at Classic Pinball thread for video, although i would not be surprised if you dont think its excellent.

I did! It's the best new video I've seen all week

Thanks again for taking the time to post it.

#9326 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Are you a regular preorder?

Al is an operator, and a pillar of the pinball community. Al is the first guy that made WOZ available on location that I saw, and in fact, after playing the prototype of WOZ at Two Bits, I ordered one. He had responded to email questions about it, and is a decent guy. I'd label him as a bit of an insider, because he will get a game early and get it out there for all of us to play.

#9327 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Al is an operator, and a pillar of the pinball community. Al is the first guy that made WOZ available on location that I saw, and in fact, after playing the prototype of WOZ at Two Bits, I ordered one. He had responded to email questions about it, and is a decent guy. I'd label him as a bit of an insider, because he will get a game early and get it out there for all of us to play.

Al was also the first to route LEs here in NYC.

#9328 3 years ago

I assume Al is wearing the toque (aka winter hat) in the picture. Why does he have that hat on anyway...... is there some sort of winter weather in NY? Is he trying to lure warm blooded people to his shop to play The Hobbit in order to provide additional heat to his shop?

QSS

#9329 3 years ago

I talked to Jen today and good news. Mine is coming in March.

Silverball Museum and Allen's game are likely delivered with the understanding of test focused, two very hands-on operators in public places with lots of plays, and an operator onsite to fix and feedback to JJP immediately, so consider them test locations in my opinion. And worst case, close to JJP techs if an on-site is needed for diagnostics or tough fixes. I'm glad those will get hundreds of plays and feedback to the factory before my game goes in a box.

There are 70 on the line in various stages of assembly, they have another 1-2 weeks of testing before shipping, but several dozen will be ready for boxing and shipping when they feel testing is complete.

Why is testing taking weeks? My thinking re: type of testing at this point is small tweaks to position of wiring harnesses, does shipping affect things that we could tie wrap here, or another fastener under the PF or cabinet for a cleaner look or easier servicing. Something as simple as a connector to the PC boards (like that dang speaker connector on the WoZ board) which comes loose during boxing or shipping, can be found, fixed and avoid headaches for them and us.

#9330 3 years ago

^^^ Wow - a real update and some choice info to share. Wont be long for TH to start flowing into Pinsiders homes. JJP is on the verge of lighting this puppy up. Anybody else ready to get this party started?

#9331 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

2016 I hope

#9332 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Obligatory "March of what year?" question. Man have they blown their credibility. I am sick and sore, and probably should try to be more positive but If I had a nickel for every time I have seen one of these posts (which were ridiculously off the mark), I would have a Hobbit myself .

Good luck, hopefully this is the time the broken record stops skipping and can continue with the rest of the song...

#9334 3 years ago

Mom made the hat and I love her and it.

#9335 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Obligatory "March of what year?" question. Man have they blown their credibility. I am sick and sore, and probably should try to be more positive but If I had a nickel for every time I have seen one of these posts (which were ridiculously off the mark), I would have a Hobbit myself .
Good luck, hopefully this is the time the broken record stops skipping and can continue with the rest of the song...

And you sound like a broken record. I understand that we can comment on a pin even if we don't own it, but I ask, why make a comment about something over and over? It looks,like things are getting near, just let these guys get amped...

#9336 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I exchanged e-mails with Jen yesterday and found out my machine will be on the assembly line the week of Feb. 22nd. Assuming testing goes okay, I'm hoping I'll see it by mid March? Wow, is this really happening?!?

#9338 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Obligatory "March of what year?" question.

Obligatory for a damn troll...

#9339 3 years ago

Have fun. I'm thinking about locking down a Smaug, but can't afford to get it too soon. Wife murder... So maybe put it on order somewhere?

#9340 3 years ago

Gratz on all that waited this out. This arguably is one of the best looking machines ever built. Given the coding behind it, I am sure the ruleset will be epic.

In the end, I am sure the wait will be worth it. Even now the field testing is going to help even more.

One thing is clear 'JJP = Kiss Ass Product'.......it is the journey that can be challenging

#9341 3 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

One thing is clear 'JJP = Kiss Ass Product'...

#9342 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

And you sound like a broken record. I understand that we can comment on a pin even if we don't own it, but I ask, why make a comment about something over and over? It looks,like things are getting near, just let these guys get amped...

Exactly. This doesn't occur in the Alien or TBL threads...Heck occasionally you will still see a comment in a JJP thread, including this one, about WOZ shipping delays from 3 years ago. It's ridiculous as these people have no interest in owning a JJP game but rather just love to toss out jabs. After a pattern starts developing I just add them to the good old ignore list

#9343 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Have fun. I'm thinking about locking down a Smaug, but can't afford to get it too soon. Wife murder... So maybe put it on order somewhere?

Automated service still has a few, they're only asking for a $250 deposit fwiw.

#9344 3 years ago
Quoted from goldant:

Automated service still has a few, they're only asking for a $250 deposit fwiw.

I'm tempted.

#9345 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Exactly. This doesn't occur in the Alien or TBL threads.

Unfortunately it most certainly does.

Haters gonna hate.

#9346 3 years ago

One thing is clear 'JJP = Kiss Ass Product'.......it is the journey that can be challenging

Ok, so this was pretty funny.

But joking aside, it sounds like machines will start shipping soon, so best wishes to those that have been patiently waiting. I really can't wait to play one!

I keep looking at this pin, then looking at GoT.... Much as a prefer the GoT theme, I just can't pull the trigger on that game until I put some hours in on TH. I'm a bit concerned on gameplay, so, hoping Flippers gets one soon!

#9347 3 years ago

Are they really going to deliver all the prepaid orders first? With Woz I thought they delivered prepaid customers initially and then later on started selling off inventory to new buyers.

#9348 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

After a pattern starts developing I just add them to the good old ignore list

So... do you consider what seems like half a decade of missed shipment dates (WOZ, then hobbit) a "pattern"? You must have JJP on "ignore" I guess.

I can agree with this to a point. They are pushing things, and hopefully they ship soon. But it is clear to me their internal development structure seems broken. They either have learned every hard lesson twice by now, or game three till be JJP's end (if they get that far). That is not wishing for failure, that is just looking at reality.

#9349 3 years ago

Did anyone purchase the replaceable decal "radcals" option?

Seeing that there is no side armour that covers around the flipper buttons so having a polycarb over the decals might actually protect them.

#9350 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Did anyone purchase the replaceable decal "radcals" option?
Seeing that there is no side armour that covers around the flipper buttons so having a polycarb over the decals might actually protect them.

I did for my Smaug Gold Edition. It will be HUO, but I wanted it to have the best look possible.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 27.50
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside