Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 201.
#9151 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wait...didn't you just order a few months ago? I had been in since October of 2013.

I'm in since day 1, November 30 2012. I'm in the first 50 that will go out the door.

Since then I ordered and Rec'd AMH (ordered 10/18/2014, rec'd April 6 2015), I ordered and Rec'd GoT LE (ordered 10/19/2015, rec'd 12/6/2015), Had 4 Dutch Pinball BoP 2.0 software upgrades, ordered/Rec'd Star Trek LE; Spooky on list June 2015, deposit 12/2015, expect mid-2016?. I get it, The Hobbit has taken a long time. I'm ok waiting.

If you don't like waiting on an unknown, don't buy before you see it, know others have one, and you have played it.

I talked to Jen 1/8/16. I know a lot more details than what I read here, and a lot of the speculation, accusations, and downright wrong "facts" are laughable.

Here's what I know, X games are done. many more times X is number of PFs on the line, 12 cabinets we ready for PF (we saw that in an accuracte photo above), there will be more extensive testing and more testing time than WoZ before the 1st x are shipped. I left out numbers, b/c whats the point and I promised Jen I wouldn't.

I know, because of chats with Jen and Jack and Keith, that we only see bits and photos of bits b/c there is only downside - because Pinsiders parse every photo, every word, 24/7. What's the advantage of showing anything to anyone, except direct communication with the first 10-50 customers getting games? None, nothing but downside.

Rarely are there 10% of more positive reactions to an email update, photo or comment made by Jack at a show. Its 90% negative comments - e.g.; that's all you are gonna reveal? when will there be more? Delays? Fights with vendors? slow = not enough $? Skip a show in London = not enough $?

How much exageration and downright slams were there, when the test game was sent to Jason in MN for a party - it gave JJP some valuable feedback for tweaks for final production - yet many said the first game has shipped! Look Nov 2015! Geez! Even clarification from Jack on the facts? Didn't matter, speculation continued.

Its our own fault that we don't see pinside or public news. I get way more information when I call about my order, than I'm going to share here, or that any wise pinsider bothers with the effort to add a comment or post about it.

#9152 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wait...didn't you just order a few months ago? I had been in since October of 2013.

dup

#9153 3 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

"Not going to give up this close..."
Bingo.
This mentality is exactly why JJP has categorically LIED about the production schedule over and over and over, with WoZ and now TH.
Does anyone really think they DIDNT know the game was a year off last year? Of course they did. Why lie? The exact statement above. Keep stringing people along, keep them thinking 'we're close, maybe next month' and they keep their preorders. Surely no one wants to be the 'dolt' who cancels the week before shipment starts.
THIS is the dichotomy of JJP that makes me crazy: the cool things they are doing with pinball on one side, their dishonesty on the other side....

Or, isn't is possible lowpeg could be wrong?

#9154 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I'm in since day 1, November 30 2012. I'm in the first 50 that will go out the door.
Since then I ordered and Rec'd AMH (ordered 10/18/2014, rec'd April 6 2015), I ordered and Rec'd GoT LE (ordered 10/19/2015, rec'd 12/6/2015), Had 4 Dutch Pinball BoP 2.0 software upgrades, ordered/Rec'd Star Trek LE; Spooky on list June 2015, deposit 12/2015, expect mid-2016?. I get it, The Hobbit has taken a long time. I'm ok waiting.
If you don't like waiting on an unknown, don't buy before you see it, know others have one, and you have played it.
I talked to Jen 1/8/16. I know a lot more details than what I read here, and a lot of the speculation, accusations, and downright wrong "facts" are laughable.
Here's what I know, X games are done. many more times X is number of PFs on the line, 12 cabinets we ready for PF (we saw that in an accuracte photo above), there will be more extensive testing and more testing time than WoZ before the 1st x are shipped. I left out numbers, b/c whats the point and I promised Jen is wouldn't
I know, because of chats with Jen and Jack and Keith, that we only see bits and photos of bits b/c there is only downside - because Pinsiders parse every photo, every word, 24/7. What's the advantage of showing anything to anyone, except direct communication with the first 10-50 customers getting games? None, nothing but downside.
Rarely are there 10% of more positive reactions to an email update, photo or comment made by Jack at a show. Its 90% negative comments - that's all? when will there be more? Delays? Fights with vendors? slow = not enough $? Skip a show in Londen = not enough $.
How much exageration and downright slams were there, when the test game was sent to Jason in MN for a party - it gave JJP some valuable feedback for tweaks for final production - yet many said the first game has shipped! Look Nov 2015! Geez! Even clarification from Jack on the facts? Didn't matter, speculation continued.
Its our own fault that we don't see pinside or public news. I get way more information when I call about my order, than I'm going to share here, or that any wise pinsider bothers with the effort to add a comment or post about it.

I think anyone in since day one should get something really cool for waiting that long. I was in about a year later but sold my spot about 7 months ago. I think the game looks great and will probably get one when I know it will get it right away.

#9155 3 years ago

I think it would boost everyone's confidence if Jack would post a pic showing a line of games being built, not so much to show a line of cabinets and games in process but to show a full crew of workers building games. The one thing that most all of the JJP factory pics lack isn't cabinets and parts, its the people working on them... The factory looks deserted

#9156 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I think it would boost everyone's confidence if Jack would post a pic showing a line of games being built, not so much to show a line of cabinets and games in process but to show a full crew of workers building games. The one thing that most all of the JJP pics lack isn't games and parts its people working on them... The factory looks deserted

Nothing will boost peoples confidence - just generates more questions. Why should Jack bother? IIRC, didn't Jack kick you from the google owners group forum - I can't help but think there is some bias in your posts.

#9157 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Nothing will boost peoples confidence - just generates more questions. Why should Jack bother? IIRC, didn't Jack kick you from the google owners group forum - I can't help but think there is some bias in your posts.

Of course anyone who posts anything but glowing review of JJP has an "agenda." His post wasn't unreasonable. when JJP announces games and ships them shortly afterwards, or at least not outright lie about dates, there won't be posts like these. Until then JJP deserves criticism.

#9158 3 years ago

I think it would boost everyone's confidence if Jack would post a pic showing a line of games being built, not so much to show a line of cabinets and games in process but to show a full crew of workers building games. The one thing that most all of the JJP factory pics lack isn't cabinets and parts, its the people working on them... The factory looks deserted

It's always been that way...even with WOZ in full swing. JJP can't hire a ton of people like Stern.

#9159 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I'm in since day 1, November 30 2012.

You sure about that date being "day 1"? My invoice is dated 11/26/12.

#9160 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Here's what I know, X games are done. many more times X is number of PFs on the line, 12 cabinets we ready for PF (we saw that in an accuracte photo above), there will be more extensive testing and more testing time than WoZ before the 1st x are shipped. I left out numbers, b/c whats the point and I promised Jen I wouldn't.
Rarely are there 10% of more positive reactions to an email update, photo or comment made by Jack at a show. Its 90% negative comments - e.g.; that's all you are gonna reveal? when will there be more? Delays? Fights with vendors? slow = not enough $? Skip a show in London = not enough $?

You are not the only one who know's how to contact Jen, or Jack etc and we all have probably heard more than we post here just for the simple fact of not overstepping and saying something we are not supposed to say. Simple fact is everyone is just tired of waiting. You say something is going to happen, make it happen by any means. The hype from the movies long ago died down. Alot of folks have been paid for years now, what else do people pay on and don't get for years? I love my woz and i am sure i will love Smaug but for me there will be no more pre order or buy into someone's spot with JJP. Nice group of people, just extremely slow. A new prototype futureristic car could be built faster. I mean this is really going to have to be a game that comes home flawless with outstanding code, no wires hanging down like in woz to stop the ball from going in the curb, no cheap wiring harness like used on woz (those wires are too easy to pull out) etc

#9161 3 years ago

Yes like actual playfields being "installed" and people working instead of an empty warehouse full of the same empty cabinets we have been seeing .... :/ i am really trying not to go negative but i mean this is just crazy ridiculous.

#9162 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Sorry gang this one is OT but dgarrett brought it up so im gunna respond...

Yep, he sure did! Jack tossed me from the Google group for quoting/reposting a post that another Pinsider had made here on Pinside. I didn't leak anything from the Google group, I simply quoted a post that was made HERE ON PINSIDE. I am still scratching my head over that one, maybe Jack thought I leaked his post from the Google group but I never even saw it there. What's funny is that I was on here defending Jack and JJP for a very long time as I waited patiently for my WOZ and when I finally got my game I didn't come on here complaining as I worked thru the problems I had with it. No hidden bias here just my humble opinion. I still disagree with what Jack had to say about people who preordered from JPOP and got nothing "those who invested got what they paid for" that's wrong Jack and you know it! We got nothing but false promises/lies about when we would get our games from John.

Last note, as soon as I saw that Jack was upset I had quoted/reposted the post from another Pinsider I removed it. I think even Jack would have to admit that it was a mistake to post what he had posted, especially considering that people waiting for the Hobbit have been waiting nearly as long as alot of JPOP buyers. I believe that you Hobbit buyers will get what you paid for in the end (an amazing game) I wish I could say the same for all of us Magic Girl & RAZA "owners"

No hard feelings on my end Jack, you backed my WOZ 1000% on any problems I had with it.

PS. The Hobbit looks beautiful IMHO

#9163 3 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

Yes like actual playfields being "installed" and people working instead of an empty warehouse full of the same empty cabinets we have been seeing .... :/ i am really trying not to go negative but i mean this is just crazy ridiculous.

Most people know there will be delays with these newer companies I would think? Just don't understand why people get so pissed off about it? Seems pretty simple to just get a refund and buy a Stern or many other options I would think? But my wife tells me I'm more patient than most. Probably from running a daycare( I mean a business) for so long now!

#9164 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Hey Dan...you quoted me before posting this. I hope I didn't piss you off (don't really know how my post could have). You know that I, like yourself, am an avid JJP supporter. But I just couldn't wait anymore...especially after the gameplay did nothing for me. Didn't want to have that kind of cash tied up anymore. I never trashed JJP on here (although I have busted their balls...but nobody is immune from that, including myself), and I DID talk to Jen and Jack on the phone and in person.

Do you remember when TH was going to ship in time for the release of the third movie? Then it was 6 months after that. Then a couple months after Expo. Then by the end of the year. All of these things were said by Jack and/or representatives of JJP.

I'm not saying I was lied to on purpose, but it began to feel that way, so I was out. I just think that companies need to be up front and honest about delivery times with their customers. If the product they make is as amazing as TH is, they shouldn't have any worries about people not buying their product because of the wait. Just my opinion.

PS - I'll still buy JJP machines in the future, and am anxious for the Lawlor reveal.

#9165 3 years ago

I am #3 off the TH line and was also a day 1 Woz.

I am really stoked to get the machine but, have no problem waiting.

I do hope JJP can start releasing game info and shipping like Stern.

I don't mind the wait and figure I won the lottery compared to some of the other pinball startup investors.

#9166 3 years ago

The clowns with "inside information" are always the ones to take the best **FEEDBACK**.

(edited by mod)

#9167 3 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

You sure about that date being "day 1"? My invoice is dated 11/26/12.

Yes, that's what Jen told me, and it was a day 1 order

#9168 3 years ago

I don't quite get this. The photo below was posted a couple of days ago. Those aren't the "same empty cabinets we have been seeing." They are clearly filled with playfields and are in JJP's final test area.

12510520_1108652395820022_7013084657196954903_n_(resized).jpg

#9169 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Right after the first 100 standards shipping before you.

#9170 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Or, isn't is possible lowpeg could be wrong?

Wrong about what? Do tell?

Wrong about JJP stringing people along? Doubtful.

But, look at it this way:
Either JJP has misled people on the REAL production situation OR they are completely inept at production planning. Pick.

Personally, I don't think think Jack is particularly stupid or inept.... Quite the opposite. However, I DO think he has zero problem misleading folks on delivery because the "end justifies the means" in his mind. AND, more specifically, I think he knows if he had been honest with people on WoZ (and, sadly, now TH), he wouldn't be in business today.

#9172 3 years ago

Ambitious pin.
New company.
Tight economy.

I'm impatient, but not surprised.

At this point, however, nothing will quiet down the din until actual pins are shipping.

But JJP can't afford another LED lighting debacle, and I don't want to deal with one as a purchaser, so testing, testing, and more testing, is also not surprising.

The only thing I would find more frustrating than more delays would be a poor quality build/design.

So it is what it is. It'll be here soon enough.

#9173 3 years ago

Wtatumjr - I want to come to your hobbit pinball party. I'll bring the dos XXs

#9174 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

No they don't. Powder coating ramps is a really really bad idea. Wireforms are one thing as the ball follows a predefined path, ramps will get ball tracks, valleys, and divots which will impact the roll of the ball significantly. There is a reason none of the manu's or pinball coaters will do it and it's certainly not cost. A ramp would be about the cheapest part to coat as there is little to no prep on it.

I did this to a Shadow. It looked great and had none of what you are talking about. Still looked great years later after heavy play. I should follow up with the person I sold it to and see how it looks now ~5-7 years later.

#9175 3 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Wrong about what? Do tell?
Wrong about JJP stringing people along? Doubtful.
But, look at it this way:
Either JJP has misled people on the REAL production situation OR they are completely inept at production planning. Pick.
Personally, I don't think think Jack is particularly stupid or inept.... Quite the opposite. However, I DO think he has zero problem misleading folks on delivery because the "end justifies the means" in his mind. AND, more specifically, I think he knows if he had been honest with people on WoZ (and, sadly, now TH), he wouldn't be in business today.

The truth is that if any company said how long they really thought it would take, there would be no business as hardly anyone would have pre-ordered and that is how the business was funded.

#9176 3 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

Wtatumjr - I want to come to your hobbit pinball party. I'll bring the dos XXs

That's a deal Bonanza! I hope it's sooner than later.

Even if my machine is a long way off I hope to see someone get one in the next few weeks. 3 years is a rather long time to bring a pin to market. I understood the WOZ delays better as JJP was a new company. But now the assembly process should have been a tiny bit smoother. Not that I'm a JJP basher - I'd love to see them succeed (I've invested $16,000 so far). But let's get the line producing so you have happy customers and happy investors as well.

#9177 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

You're either manufacturing games in a timely manner or you're not. No reason to hide anything - just build them and deliver them. Why all the secrecy??? Have you seen the Stern factory pictures and videos? Have you noticed how Stern's social media following had blown through the roof?

Customers like to see action and building activity. Showing 10 cabs sitting in a lifeless warehouse is hardly inspiring.

I'm a big supporter of JJP... A WOZ buyer... But taking money on a game years ago and then forcing customers to endure long periods of delays and silence is just bad business.

Look at a company like Spooky.

Announce. Show. Manufacture.

Stern...

JJP knows this is the way to do business - I talked to JJ face-to-face at Allentown and he told me that JJP wants to business that way...

But, seriously, taking - what - 3 years to deliver games that have been prepaid... And then slowly leaking a few uninspiring photos doesn't instill a lot of confidence (especially to potential buyers that are watching...)

#9178 3 years ago

I just pray to the pinball gods that software is complete when it ships.
All modes, music, callouts etc.

#9179 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

My invoice date is 11/26/12. So, I guess I'm right in front of you then!

What's your invoice number?

#9180 3 years ago

It's the worst Black Friday deal ever! We've all been lined up for years outside a store for an item we've already bought, and now we're bragging about our line position when we have no idea what Time/Day/Month the store opens!

I ❤️ Pinball!!

#9181 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

That's a deal Bonanza! I hope it's sooner than later.
Even if my machine is a long way off I hope to see someone get one in the next few weeks. 3 years is a rather long time to bring a pin to market. I understood the WOZ delays better as JJP was a new company. But now the assembly process should have been a tiny bit smoother. Not that I'm a JJP basher - I'd love to see them succeed (I've invested $16,000 so far). But let's get the line producing so you have happy customers and happy investors as well.

If I get mine first, you can come over and play it.

#9182 3 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

If I get mine first, you can come over and play
Deal!

#9183 3 years ago
Quoted from Leechman:

Most people know there will be delays with these newer companies I would think? Just don't understand why people get so pissed off about it? Seems pretty simple to just get a refund and buy a Stern or many other options I would think? But my wife tells me I'm more patient than most. Probably from running a daycare( I mean a business) for so long now!

It is not so much about the wait as it is the promises and missed release dates. When "owners" make promises and statements that certain dates will cause things to happen and then those dates pass with nothing it makes consumers mad. Everyone knows it takes time to start up new companies but i like others are just tired of waiting.

Quoted from 27dnast:You're either manufacturing games in a timely manner or you're not. No reason to hide anything - just build them and deliver them. Why all the secrecy??? Have you seen the Stern factory pictures and videos? Have you noticed how Stern's social media following had blown through the roof?
Customers like to see action and building activity. Showing 10 cabs sitting in a lifeless warehouse is hardly inspiring.
I'm a big supporter of JJP... A WOZ buyer... But taking money on a game years ago and then forcing customers to endure long periods of delays and silence is just bad business.
Look at a company like Spooky.
Stern...
JJP knows this is the way to do business - I talked to JJ face-to-face at Allentown and he told me that JJP wants to business that way...
But, seriously, taking - what - 3 years to deliver games that have been prepaid... And then slowly leaking a few uninspiring photos doesn't instill a lot of confidence (especially to potential buyers that are watching...)

+1

#9184 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

My invoice date is 11/26/12. So, I guess I'm right in front of you then!
What's your invoice number?

11/26/12 means you have to use some sort of algebra formula to determine when you get your machine. So 11 goes in to 26 twice which makes 22 carry the 4 and add is (26) 26 times 12 (order year) is 312 months. That is when you get it. Amazingly 312 months divided by 12 months in a year is 26. which is the day in Nov you ordered, so in exactly 26 years is when it happens lol

Too much time on my hands today

#9185 3 years ago

11/26/12 means you have to use some sort of algebra formula to determine when you get your machine. So 11 goes in to 26 twice which makes 22 carry the 4 and add is (26) 26 times 12 (order year) is 312 months. That is when you get it. Amazingly 312 months divided by 12 months in a year is 26. which is the day in Nov you ordered, so in exactly 26 years is when it happens lol
Too much time on my hands today

Don't forget to take Leap Years into consideration; Divide 26 by 4 and you get an easy to deal with 6 1/2 years.

#9186 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Don't forget to take Leap Years into consideration; Divide 26 by 4 and you get an easy to deal with 6 1/2 years.

Ahhh yes, i forgot that. Thank you. We don't want to do our math wrong

#9187 3 years ago

Ugh, I keep clicking this thread due to new activity but instead of updates it's filled with bickering middle schoolers. Screw it, I'm not clicking on anymore "Hobbit" links. When the game arrives the game arrives.

#9188 3 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Screw it, I'm not clicking on anymore "Hobbit" links.

Yeah, you are. In fact, I'm sure you'll be clicking on this one to see what I just said to you in response.

#9189 3 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

The clowns with "inside information" are always the ones to take the best ass-raping.

That's what Jen told me.

#9190 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I did this to a Shadow. It looked great and had none of what you are talking about. Still looked great years later after heavy play. I should follow up with the person I sold it to and see how it looks now ~5-7 years later.

What do you consider heavy play? Certainly not 2-3,000 games.

#9191 3 years ago

I am not in the first few 100, but when I get mine I'll be happy to have local Pinsiders come check it out.

#9192 3 years ago

we need to have hobbit parties when people get their machines. meet and greet and play.

#9193 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Well, 3 plays a day (it probably averaged at LEAST that in our house) x 365 days x (just) 2 years = 2190 plays. (I think I had it 3 years after the powdercoating, but I'm calling it 2 to be conservative). Still looked great when I sold it, and we all know how to play, so our playtimes per game were definitely longer than a routed one. I actually emailed the guy I sold it to so I could post a follow-up. It's been 8 years now since I did the powdercoating. You have me curious about how it held up after I sold it.

#9194 3 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

we need to have hobbit parties when people get their machines.

I'd like to sneak it in so I can study and learn the game.

LTG : )™

#9195 3 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I am not in the first few 100, but when I get mine I'll be happy to have local Pinsiders come check it out.

Do you know when about you should be expecting yours?

#9196 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

What would be considered the ETA of a Hobbit machine to an owner?

#9197 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

What would be considered the ETA of a Hobbit machine to an owner?

I'll answer this.

Not a powercoating question, NEXT.

#9198 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'll answer this.
Not a powercoating question, NEXT.

I was referring to the topic of the thread "Hobbit Update"

Why are we talking about powdercoating a shadow?

Next Question, when is the next Hobbit update coming?

#9199 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Do you know when about you should be expecting yours?

I'll be happy if it is by the end of summer. If it's sooner then all the better. I'll be sure and post when I get word.

#9200 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I was referring to the topic of the thread "Hobbit Update"
Why are we talking about powdercoating a shadow?
Next Question, when is the next Hobbit update coming?

I wish him or jack would say something, anything regarding actual timelines.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside