Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 201.
#8901 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I was told tentative Nov 17th the line fires up.
I guess we see next week in 6 days if any new pics get posted...

2 more days? ish
Lets get this Pin out the door

#8903 3 years ago

Wonder how long from 'line starting' to games coming out. Have they been building sub mechanisms all along or this is just the beginning of that as well.

#8904 3 years ago

Question!
Will the Hobbit be released and distributed by number? Or will it be like WOZ. I seem to remember Ltd Edtn numbers being put behind new customer money and pre-orders being completed over a year after initial release. If this happens again I'm not going to be happy SE#83

#8905 3 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

2 more days? ish
Lets get this Pin out the door

Finally a real update. So glad I kept up with the thread!!!!!!!!!!!

#8906 3 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

Finally a real update. So glad I kept up with the thread!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol

#8907 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I seem to remember Ltd Edtn numbers being put behind new customer money and pre-orders being completed over a year after initial release.

The story at the time was that some of the JJP distributors who had bought in day one with multiple LE orders (Standards were not available when WOZ was announced) chose to change some of their LE slots not yet sold to Standards and moved their unsold LEs to the end of the line.

If this was the case, those Standards wouldn't affect when people who had pre-ordered LEs got their machines.

#8908 3 years ago

Jen did the best she could to keep things in order. Of course there are those that came late to the game and got their game before others but that had to do with dealer allocations. I think JJP did a pretty good job even though I was bumped to near last which didn't please me a heck of a lot. This time I bought my Hobbit from a dealer rather late and I expect I'll be in front of others that bought direct from JJP. I'm not so sure how fair that is but I won't be buying direct again.

#8909 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

The story at the time was that some of the JJP distributors who had bought in day one with multiple LE orders (Standards were not available when WOZ was announced) chose to change some of their LE slots not yet sold to Standards and moved their unsold LEs to the end of the line.

Yep, that was the story.

#8910 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Jen did the best she could to keep things in order. Of course there are those that came late to the game and got their game before others but that had to do with dealer allocations.

Sounds plausible. Except for the fact that there were no day one dealers/distributors. They came quite a bit later to the party than the crowdfunders who were passed over similar to how Fredo was passed over by Michael.

#8911 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Jen did the best she could to keep things in order. Of course there are those that came late to the game and got their game before others but that had to do with dealer allocations. I think JJP did a pretty good job even though I was bumped to near last which didn't please me a heck of a lot. This time I bought my Hobbit from a dealer rather late and I expect I'll be in front of others that bought direct from JJP. I'm not so sure how fair that is but I won't be buying direct again.

That's a nice story, but not quite right. There were no distributors early on and there was also problems with the LE cabinet making process. That had issues so the Standard machines were made in place for a long while and then continued to run for new money to keep rolling in.

#8912 3 years ago

I'm

Quoted from Pimp77:That's a nice story, but not quite right. There were no distributors early on and there was also problems with the LE cabinet making process. That had issues so the Standard machines were made in place for a long while and then continued to run for new money to keep rolling in.

I can see that happening - you don't want to close down the plant when you could making perfectly good standards. I'd done the same as Jack (until the LE cabinets came in). It was kind of nice to get my game near the last as far as light boards go - didn't seem to help for some other stuff.

#8913 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

That's a nice story, but not quite right. There were no distributors early on and there was also problems with the LE cabinet making process. That had issues so the Standard machines were made in place for a long while and then continued to run for new money to keep rolling in.

That doesn't sound right to me. The LE cabinet and the cab the original standards were using was the same cabinet. For the initial runs everything had the clearcoat cabinet. So I don't think this is a plausible explanation.

#8914 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

That doesn't sound right to me. The LE cabinet and the cab the original standards were using was the same cabinet. For the initial runs everything had the clearcoat cabinet. So I don't think this is a plausible explanation.

Well, that was the story after they switched to the decaled standard machines...before that, the distributor swapping allotments of LEs to Standards was the story.

#8915 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm

I can see that happening - you don't want to close down the plant when you could making perfectly good standards. I'd done the same as Jack (until the LE cabinets came in). It was kind of nice to get my game near the last as far as light boards go - didn't seem to help for some other stuff.

Absolutely. I would have done the same too. It still sucked waiting.

#8916 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

By the way: why don't we call this the 2014 Hobbit Update Thread for consistency...

hmmmm

#8917 3 years ago

Hobbit Update

image.jpeg

#8918 3 years ago

I wonder if new code has been added to the setup at IAAPA ?

Here's a video from 2014 IAAPA -

#8919 3 years ago

Don't care begin the production!!!! Enough it's enough!! Give us our pinball machines!!!

#8920 3 years ago

How many machines are at the show?

#8921 3 years ago
Quoted from jadziedzic:

How many machines are at the show?

One Hobbit
3 WOZ

image.png

#8922 3 years ago

Jack said three weeks ago that the hobbit will be shipping by Nov 30.

They have 14 days to get them rolling off the line.

#8923 3 years ago

More recently it's been rumored they'd start the Hobbit line up tomorrow. Hopefully that rumor will check out.

[EDIT] Added source to be clear I have no first-hand knowledge:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/178#post-2792061

#8924 3 years ago

Where's the Luci and Charlie Brown football pic?

#8925 3 years ago

C'mon guys, no one is getting their games this year.

We went through this exact same thing last year in November.

#8926 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

C'mon guys, no one is getting their games this year.
We went through this exact same thing last year in November.

You don't love pinball.

On-time delivery is from companies that only care about Money (and , secondarily, telling the truth). They don't love pinball.

Companes that love pinball - CARE enough about their product to take an extra year or two to get it right.

If you understood this you'd be THANKING JJP for continuously missing delivery promises, it's because they love pinball.

#8927 3 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

If you understood this you'd be THANKING JJP for continuously missing delivery promises, it's because they love pinball.

I think it was because they were broke.

#8928 3 years ago

If we knew it was going to take this long, I would have thought they had licensed "War and Peace" instead of "The Hobbit."

#8929 3 years ago

Well if the rumor of tomorrow is true that is the best pinball news I've heard in awhile. I guess we will know tomorrow.

#8930 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I seem to remember Ltd Edtn numbers being put behind new customer money and pre-orders being completed over a year after initial release.

I seem to remember Jack writing about this indicating they were 'grouping' pins together to ship overseas in one container to cut down on shipping costs. One example, (hope I'm not wrong!) was a one-time shipment to England to one distribution point and all the guys collected their WOZ there. This supposedly cut the freight charges way down. It sounds plausible to me. That's how a lot of numbers and the g list got out of order.

#8931 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well if the rumor of tomorrow is true that is the best pinball news I've heard in awhile.

Only pinsiders would call the news of some empty playfields being delivered to the warehouse, over a year after the game was supposed to be shipped to customers "best pinball news", lol.

#8932 3 years ago

the next update will be

sorry some vendors could not deliver before xmas Holidays
and they are back during or end of january

so production will start in february

will you bet?

#8933 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

More recently it's been rumored they'd start the Hobbit line up tomorrow. Hopefully that rumor will check out.
[EDIT] Added source to be clear I have no first-hand knowledge:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/178#post-2792061

And yet, before that, it was rumored to be 9/30:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-will-win-got-or-th/page/3#post-2678790

We can now remain quiet until the next rumor of 11/30. And 12/21 is already penciled in after that.

Nobody knows for sure when the game will start production. Not even JJP.

#8934 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Only pinsiders would call the news of some empty playfields being delivered to the warehouse, over a year after the game was supposed to be shipped to customers "best pinball news", lol.

HAHAHA!!!! Classic Thanks for that vid!!!!

#8935 3 years ago

or don't forget, one of the vendors went on vacation for a few months and that backlogged everything

#8936 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

sorry some vendors could not deliver before xmas Holidays
and they are back during or end of january

Honestly, I think this is likely the biggest issue of another slip on production. They are waiting for parts to be delivered.

Honestly, it won't matter too much to people that will call them on it or that have waited so long, but JJP needs to have something on the line being built by the end of the month in some fashion. Even if if they can't ship until December.

#8937 3 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw photos of the production getting started soon, but a lot needs to happen before games ship, even if there are zero issues. All the parts have to be in, line completely set-up, games tested, etc...

Add in all the upcoming holidays and I will be very surprised if games get into buyers' hands this year.

#8938 3 years ago

This is weird;

James Thornton is now Program Manager at Kustom Seating Unlimited, Inc - received a notice from Linkedin.

Old job:

Director of Product Development
Jersey Jack Pinball
January 2011 – November 2015 (4 years 11 months)Streamwood Illinois
Coordinate Mechanical/Electrical Engineering and Programming to final product design.

#8939 3 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

This is weird;

Not weird. People come and go in the industry. Jim was gone back around Spring ? He worked out of the Streamwood office.

LTG : )

#8940 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I was told tentative Nov 17th the line fires up.
I guess we see next week in 6 days if any new pics get posted...

#8941 3 years ago

#8942 3 years ago

Let's take your minds off the Hobbit!

#8943 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Let's take your minds off the Hobbit!

100_per_cent.jpg

You're fired.

#8945 3 years ago

Why am I suddenly nervous we're about to discover you've got a disturbingly large collection of optical-illusion upskirt shots!

#8946 3 years ago

Not sure....

(pictrure removed)

#8947 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Not sure....

This image got 1 "unsafe" tag and has been hidden automatically, as per your settings. un-hideking_kong_where.jpg 1

Actually, I see two of 'um

#8948 3 years ago

Anybody else wondering where that ladder goes? Can't get image out of my head.... For what dastardly purpose would there be a 20 foot ladder set up but no worker in sight? I'll bet it is not properly secured in the soft sand either. No wonder pic was flagged as unsafe.

#8949 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Anybody else wondering where that ladder goes? Can't get image out of my head.... For what dastardly purpose would there be a 20 foot ladder set up but no worker in sight? I'll bet it is not properly secured in the soft sand either. No wonder pic was flagged as unsafe.

That's King Kong's ladder!.He is going to grab the girl and take her to his fortress.

#8950 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What ladder??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 21.00
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside