Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 201.
#8551 4 years ago
Quoted from BinGhanem:

Please me man, we struggle with money as everyone else

Trying to figure out what to spend it on!

#8552 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Is there a hole behind the drops? That would be cool.

This is what I'm thinking. Look behind the "D" and "W" drop targets.

#8553 4 years ago
Quoted from BinGhanem:

Please me man, we struggle with money as everyone else

Trying to figure out what to spend it on!

#8554 4 years ago

I am glad they continued to add more fine detail to the game over the spring and summer while we 'waited for parts'. The more I see the more I like.

I still think JJP raised the bar with WOZ and continues with TH.

I am really looking to see if Aliens will match it (or top it). Can't wait to see Aliens as well. I will be great to see TH, Aliens, and Sterns latest (GoT) at the Expo.

#8555 4 years ago

Ok, now THIS is how a medieval playfield is done Stern. Wow, is that beautiful.

Looks fantastic. Jealous of all you guys with one on order.

#8557 4 years ago

This looks awesome! What models are available and at what price point?

#8558 4 years ago

honestly it's time for stern to rethink strategy. Pumping out flawed titles that had potential is just a damn waste. Stern does many things right, but GOT is just penny pinching and rushed. where is the wall of ice and all the great vibe that is GOT??

#8559 4 years ago

Holy crap , reality just hit.....I'm in line to receive a n awesome new pinball.

#8560 4 years ago

I can't wait to get my #661 Smaug. Hoping for this year by Christmas but just excited to be getting one.

#8561 4 years ago

TH.PNG

Is that a stand-up target on the curve of the right out-lane?.
Maybe if you are able to nudge the ball in the right out-lane to hit that stand-up target.It might save the ball and put another ball back in play?.
Very interesting!.
The playfield is Stunning!

#8562 4 years ago

That really is a thing of beauty. I will probably buy it for that reason alone.

#8563 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That really is a thing of beauty.

Try left clicking the middle of the pic with your mouse.
And have a look at it with the black border.WOW!

#8564 4 years ago

Looks like there is a new decal on the coin door, maybe indicating how to start a game?

#8565 4 years ago

Every time I look at TH, my first impression is the PF is wide open and there's not alot to do. Then I remember the 4 pop up "trolls", the independent drop targets and the interactive dragon. These extra elements, which are not immediately obvious on a still PF shot, combined with Keith's epic coding, and there will be a huge amount of depth in this.

#8566 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

TH.PNG
Is that a stand-up target on the curve of the right out-lane?.
Maybe if you are able to nudge the ball in the right out-lane to hit that stand-up target.It might save the ball and put another ball back in play?.
Very interesting!.
The playfield is Stunning!

That's cool.

Looks like there is also a pop up post in the left outlane - anyone know what thats for?

Love how JJP makes use of the outlanes.

#8567 4 years ago

Hobbit sure as hell wins for art. Geometry of the shots? Not so sure. Need a ramp shot for that 3rd flipper at least.

#8568 4 years ago

Oh my, what a nice looking playfield. How hard and much more money would it have taken Stern to do something as close on GOT? Is it one of those deals like when Ford could have added IRS to the Mustang for $98 savings per car back in the day and then it ended up costing $100 per car to get the live axle right? Should have done the right thing from the beginning.

#8569 4 years ago

I think all the Stern Lovers on the GOT thread are pissed that The Hobbit kicks GOT ass. They just don't want to admit it. Lmao.

#8570 4 years ago

It looks to me that the axes on the slingshots can move down onto the playfield to block the ball. Is that something new (or just something I was unaware of)?

#8571 4 years ago

This is someone trying to tell stern what they like about the GOT pin.

pps.gif

#8572 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I think all the Stern Lovers on the GOT thread are pissed that The Hobbit kicks GOT ass.

Well...the art does, anyway. Who knows about the gameplay?

#8573 4 years ago

Exciting times for JJP ahead, they sound more confident about releasing TH in Fall, so what's that, end of November at the latest? Then release of Pat's game in Q2 next year, so end of June at the latest? They sure have been working on Pat's game for a while, announced at the start of 2014, so that will be a 2 1/2 year development cycle. Mind you Hobbit was announced November 2012, so that will be 3 years of development when it is released.

As a comparison, WOZ was first announced (along with the formation of JJP) in January 2011 and the first games shipped at the end of April 2013. So that was a 2 1/4 year development cycle (although the complete ruleset was not in place when it shipped). It seemed to take ages at the time, but looking back that was not long for a new company to go from announcement to shipping games.

Further comparisons:
Heighway: formation of company to shipping pinball games = July 2012 - August 2015 (3 years)
Spooky: formation of company to shipping games = Feb 2013 - August 2014 (1 1/2 years)
Dutch pinball: Announcement of TBL (worked on BOP before this) to shipping games = December 2013 - (1 3/4 years so far)

#8574 4 years ago

I'm not too proud to admit that I kind of regret cancelling my pre-order...

#8575 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I'm not too proud to admit that I kind of regret cancelling my pre-order...

Don't feel bad...I came real close after seeing it at the last 'Expo' (really close). But I remember saying to myself after seeing WOZ "If these guys do a theme I really like I will order". Then they announced The Hobbit (which would be what I would be into) so I ordered. So far happy with the decision. I am really impressed with the pins that JJP has created. Really amazing. (to me anyway - others may think they suck, whatever)

#8576 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I think all the Stern Lovers on the GOT thread are pissed that The Hobbit kicks GOT ass. They just don't want to admit it. Lmao.

Or maybe they want to discuss GOT in the GOT thread.... Not TH.

Dont underestimate the number of "stern lovers" (or, simply pinball lovers?) that would agree with you:
GOT artwork and lack of lcd are big letdowns
And
TH playfield artwork is gorgeous
I certainly find myself in that camp.

However, lets not "spike the football yet"
Look how dumb folks look now that prematurely predicted TH's demise before even seeing GOT

Dont make the same mistake by declariong some sort of victory before:
1. Even ONE TH has been shipped
And
2. Anyone even plays GOT.

#8577 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Looks like there is also a pop up post in the left outlane - anyone know what thats for?

Got to play at Pintastic – there is a diverter on the habitrail right next to the Fili target that kicks the ball over to the left wireform and down into the outlane and the post blocks it from draining so it can kickback. Cool way to make the kickback have multiple uses.

#8578 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Or maybe they want to discuss GOT in the GOT thread.... Not TH.
Dont underestimate the number of "stern lovers" (or, simply pinball lovers?) that would agree with you:
GOT artwork and lack of lcd are big letdowns
And
TH playfield artwork is gorgeous
I certainly find myself in that camp.
However, lets not "spike the football yet"
Look how dumb folks look now that prematurely predicted TH's demise before even seeing GOT
Dont make the same mistake by declariong some sort of victory before:
1. Even ONE TH has been shipped
And
2. Anyone even plays GOT.

I understand. Just saying a lot were saying when GOT got announced it was going to dethrone TH. Just based on looks alone at this point, TH is so far ahead it's not funny.

#8579 4 years ago

I hope Peter Jackson is f@cking happy that he has taken a machine of this quality and hobbled it by not letting the ball touch his precious dragon.
#peterjacksonknowsdickaboutpinball

#8580 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I hope Peter Jackson is f@cking happy that he has taken a machine of this quality and hobbled it by not letting the ball touch his precious dragon.
#peterjacksonknowsdickaboutpinball

So true...JJP wanted to do more but wasn't allowed. Smaug breathing pinballs and other interaction would have been very nice.

#8581 4 years ago

Also, I think Matt said way back that he has some mod ideas (like WOZ 75th) - so more eye candy can be pilled on if you like.

#8582 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Don't feel bad...I came real close after seeing it at the last 'Expo' (really close). But I remember saying to myself after seeing WOZ "If these guys do a theme I really like I will order". Then they announced The Hobbit (which would be what I would be into) so I ordered. So far happy with the decision. I am really impressed with the pins that JJP has created. Really amazing. (to me anyway - others may think they suck, whatever)

Affirm...I hit the expo panic button and rolled over into alien le with Gotle on my mental backburner...but now it looks like iv'e got some Gotle cash to spend...hmmmm

#8583 4 years ago

I have good feelings about Alien LE, not feeling it for GoT - but it may be a sleeper hit.

#8584 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I understand. Just saying a lot were saying when GOT got announced it was going to dethrone TH. Just based on looks alone at this point, TH is so far ahead it's not funny.

That was all the stern lovers ...... Just look at the poll. Stern doesn't compare to what JJP puts out other than price wise. The fact is that Jack is truly passionate about producing an awesome product. Looks and CODE of the Hobbit Will be on a different planet than GOT.

#8585 4 years ago

TH looks great now. Not second guessing decision to drop out after Expo last year for me. I had enough stress with Jpop

I'm happy with TWDLE and jumped into Alien LE.

I don't love the layout but Keith will make it great.

Happy for the guys that hung in there!

#8586 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

So true...JJP wanted to do more but wasn't allowed. Smaug breathing pinballs and other interaction would have been very nice.

r84fv.jpg

#8588 4 years ago

Speaking as someone who ripped on the first playfield design I think the new one is beautiful, and an example of how "photoshop art" can still look great when you put effort into it.

JP took the drab design and punched it way up, the colors pop, there's a ton of detail, and he fixed all sorts of minor issues. Amongst them being a repeat of elements that were cloned instead of being different (like the frames around the trap doors). That's one thing that bugs me about GOT, the bad cloned coin pile clip art.

The jury is still out for gameplay. I've only seen the Expo version in person, and it was less than impressive. They've had a ton more time to work on it, so looking forward to what they've improved since then.

#8589 4 years ago
Quoted from beardorew:

Got to play at Pintastic – there is a diverter on the habitrail right next to the Fili target that kicks the ball over to the left wireform and down into the outlane and the post blocks it from draining so it can kickback. Cool way to make the kickback have multiple uses.

Picking nits here, because I love how this pin is turning out, but JJP missed an opportunity to turn that left wireform diverter into another axe shape (but this one actually functional!).

Just a funny thought for a future mod...

#8590 4 years ago

I loved the gameplay at Allentown this year and this game just looks fantastic. Cant wait for these to ship!!!

#8591 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Speaking as someone who ripped on the first playfield design I think the new one is beautiful, and an example of how "photoshop art" can still look great when you put effort into it.
JP took the drab design and punched it way up, the colors pop, there's a ton of detail, and he fixed all sorts of minor issues. Amongst them being a repeat of elements that were cloned instead of being different (like the frames around the trap doors). That's one thing that bugs me about GOT, the bad cloned coin pile clip art.
The jury is still out for gameplay. I've only seen the Expo version in person, and it was less than impressive. They've had a ton more time to work on it, so looking forward to what they've improved since then.

I really like how the new playfield has three distinct color "zones:" the undercity green near the main flippers, the enraged Smaug fire-red at the midfield, then the cold & eerie high-altitude spectral-fog blues.

I guess there's a little more color zoning with the green of Bag End then the rapid river blue above it, but it's not on the main stage.

Anyway, the variety is tremendous.

#8592 4 years ago

Is TH in its current form (as per the photo) going to be at Expo?

Expo is shaping up to be huge......

#8593 4 years ago

The playfield is a masterpiece, but don't overlook that the Rules Teaser "How to Qualify the Arkenstone Modes" contains some great stuff too.

First of all, Gandalf sounds great and the art is beautifully rendered. If you hit pause on the clip as each area first pops up, you can see that it tells you what you have to do to qualify in that mode and even shows you what the target looks like. Amazing! This will make the game accessible to players of all skill levels and experience.

I am so happy that I have stuck with my day one order and that I have the Smaug Edition coming someday.

#8594 4 years ago

Just one more thing about dates:

If the Hobbit ships at the end of November, the time from the formation of JJP to the shipping of the first WOZ will be roughly the same as the time from the shipping of the first WOZ to the shipping of the first TH (2 1/4 as compared to 2 1/2 years). Hope they can reduce the time between game #2 and #3.

#8595 4 years ago

Wow. I'm very happy I'm in on this game. Played it in March at TPF and thought it was great then. Looks even better now. Only problem is it looks so good it may overshadow my beloved LOTR when it's sitting right next to it.

#8596 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

f the Hobbit ships at the end of November, the time from the formation of JJP to the shipping of the first WOZ will be roughly the same as the time from the shipping of the first WOZ to the shipping of the first TH (2 1/4 as compared to 2 1/2 years). Hope they can reduce the time between game #2 and #3.

Amazing, you would think...well no need to say the obvious. I see no reason to believe they will build TH any faster than WOZ. So if your at the end of the line you could be waiting until next November/December (2016) before you get your game. Are they planning on building the Standards at the same time as the LEs?

#8597 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I understand. Just saying a lot were saying when GOT got announced it was going to dethrone TH

One person says it and now it's a lot?

#8598 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

you can see that it tells you what you have to do to qualify in that mode and even shows you what the target looks like. Amazing!

LCDs are overrated on a pinball machine

#8599 4 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Amazing, you would think...well no need to say the obvious. I see no reason to believe they will build TH any faster than WOZ. So if your at the end of the line you could be waiting until next November/December (2016) before you get your game. Are they planning on building the Standards at the same time as the LEs?

Not sure I get you..... Are you trying to be a troll or just can't help it?

#8600 4 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

One person says it and now it's a lot?

It was more than one. And a lot (including me) were thinking that. My wrong.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Virginia Beach, VA
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside