47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 201.
#8501 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Woah, a real update:
» YouTube video

Gandalf voice talent is pretty decent.

#8502 8 years ago

Seems like we are finally at the end of a long and difficult journey of the making of The Hobbit pinball. The game looks absolutely stunning. Congrats JJP!

#8503 8 years ago

Got to admit, that game is looking pretty awesome.

#8504 8 years ago

The new ramp etching is nice. Very curious how the lower target on the bottom right will work "My precious here is your ball back"

#8505 8 years ago

Gandolf is sounding pretty damn spot on (IMO).

#8506 8 years ago
Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

"HD-Quality Pinball"
Now that's a nice subtle dig at Stern. You don't suppose JJP has been reading the GOT thread, do you?

JJP has created a platform worthy of the HD designation. No need to start stirring the mine is better than yours pot.

#8507 8 years ago

God that looks absolutely awful, I'm cancelling my LE pre-order for a GOT Pro...

... said no one ever

#8508 8 years ago

They are putting in a massive effort into this game, and it shows as every detail comes out. I'm getting the impression from the teaser that this game is going to be epic (yes, I used the word epic because that is the appropriate word when life matches hyperbole, epic).

#8509 8 years ago

Impressive, well done Jack and design team

#8510 8 years ago

Congrats to JJP and everyone waiting, the end is near.

#8511 8 years ago

Looks great. Can't wait to get my LE.

#8512 8 years ago

Looks so much better than GOT!

#8513 8 years ago

This is such an incredible playfield. I feel like every time I look at it--I find something new. There is so much detail. Just take a moment and look at the blue section above the LOCK rollovers. There are so many bits and pieces from different scenes within the movie.

#8514 8 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

Looks so much better than GOT!

Let's steer clear of comparing apples to oranges for a little while. Hoping we can avoid the inevitable downward spiral for a whle. It's nice to get some real "Hobbit updates" on the "Hobbit Update" thread for once.

#8515 8 years ago

GOTvsHOBBIT.jpgGOTvsHOBBIT.jpg

#8516 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

GOTvsHOBBIT.jpg

Apple, meet orange.. sigh....

#8517 8 years ago
Quoted from rustyrivets:

Congrats to JJP and everyone waiting, the end is near.

Um it's the end is nigh!

#8518 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

GOTvsHOBBIT.jpg

They are both exactly the same! Different still but remarkably to the letter perfectly identical!

They both look HUO to me!!!

#8519 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Apple, meet orange.. sigh....

Sorry - couldn't resist.

#8520 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

GOTvsHOBBIT.jpg

When GOT grows up it wants to be a Hobbit.

#8521 8 years ago

Out of all the games JJP has made WOZ still blows all of them away!

#8522 8 years ago

For those who'd like to see it inline. Quite a big difference from the dog's breakfast that is GoT. JJP is really making Stern look bad.

14b5a1ea-166d-494c-9d73-832245d84052.jpg14b5a1ea-166d-494c-9d73-832245d84052.jpg

#8523 8 years ago

sure gives a better idea how the left outlane arrow kickback will work with the 3rd flipper.
looks to be a player controlled coil/divertor for the far left habitrail , never seen that in previous pics

#8524 8 years ago

Where's the beef? Any ETA on shipping date?

wheres_the_beef_jjp.jpgwheres_the_beef_jjp.jpg

#8525 8 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

Where's the beef? Any ETA on shipping date

Shipping December 2014 with movie release with Coils and magnets being ordered September 2015

#8526 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

For those who'd like to see it inline. Quite a big difference from the dog's breakfast that is GoT. JJP is really making Stern look bad.
14b5a1ea-166d-494c-9d73-832245d84052.jpg

Hot damn! Now that's what a $7500+ pin should look like.

#8527 8 years ago

Hobbit blows away artwork of GOT no question. GOT layout looks more fun to play IMO when looking at them side by side.

#8528 8 years ago

Whats that black round object below Bilbos feet (center drain)?

#8529 8 years ago

So they pulled out a bank of the drop targets in the redesign? I can't remember if it had 11 or 15 initially.

#8530 8 years ago

That is one nice looking playfield!

Good art + good rules + good sound = a great game.

Disclaimer ....hope so, pretty confident none the less

#8531 8 years ago

Such a beautiful playfield. Well done JJP!

Curious minds want to know:
Any ideas how the far left ramp that empties into the kickback gets a ball loaded on it?

Lastly it is interesting that the D&W droptargets share the Dwarf Balin where all of the other drop targets get their own dwarf.

#8532 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

GOT layout looks more fun to play IMO when looking at them side by side.

Really? GOT is just another fan layout (with a fan layout upper PF). I like the numerous drop targets and pop up bash toys on TH - it will be a nice change from the norm.

#8533 8 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Any ideas how the far left ramp that empties into the kickback gets a ball loaded on it?

Looks like a there is a coil and a diverter which raise to redirect the ball from the ramp next to it.

#8534 8 years ago

There are player controlled diverters in the game, but I'm not sure if the habitrail to outlane is one of them. There is the U-Turn diverter at the top of the ramps, and an under playfield diverter in the subway that can direct the ball to either the left or right VUK. I'm not sure exactly which will be player controlled and at what times, but Jack personally assured me that one or more of the diverters will be player controlled (most likely with the Ring button, but also possibly with flipper sequences e.g. double tap, or triple tap).

#8535 8 years ago

That looks beautiful, I hope JJP does a theme I love and I'll be in, maybe PL's game. I'm also hoping for a game a year from them in the near future, with Heighway, JJP and Stern we are back in business. I really wish JJP would do a Starwars based on the original trilogy, or a classic 80's film like , Oh I don't know, Blade Runner? how about Predator? Someone needs to build that game for real, Looking forward to trying this pin.

#8536 8 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

Whats that black round object below Bilbos feet (center drain)?

looks like a coil controlled post , like how the UK southparks had, instead of a fixed post.

#8537 8 years ago

I have to congratulate Jack for listening to the cry for more updates. When you have a beautiful playfield like this and show it off in an update, you ramp up excitement for the game. Well done Jack! The timing is perfect too. There are freshly uncommitted dollars out there due the disappointment experienced by some of the GoT preorder folks. Looks like a sales opportunity to me. I'm more excited than ever to get my TH SE!

#8538 8 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Such a beautiful playfield. Well done JJP!
Curious minds want to know:
Lastly it is interesting that the D&W droptargets share the Dwarf Balin where all of the other drop targets get their own dwarf.

Balin has two because there is a VUK hole behind it. All other dwarfs are represented by a standup target behind the drop. Balin is represented by the hole. It's still one shot/target per dwarf.

#8539 8 years ago

wow. Man-purse strings loosening. I might have a place to put my GoT $ after all.

#8540 8 years ago

I was that close to cancel my order, happy I didn't, the playfield looks awesome. I did cancel my WoZ order back then, but I don't regret it because the 75th anniversary is going into my collection hopefully

#8541 8 years ago

Lost my job a few weeks ago and thought I was going to cancel. Then made a really tough choice but decided to sell my wolverine LE so I could stay in for Smaug LE. Feel so happy that I think I have made the right choice!

#8542 8 years ago

I didn't think anybody in Dubai would have to cancel anything...ever.

#8543 8 years ago
Quoted from fordtudoor:

I didn't think anybody in Dubai would have to cancel anything...ever.

Please man, we struggle with money as everyone else

#8544 8 years ago

Possibly the best looking game I have seen. Even better looking than LOTR and in the same realm as TZ, MM, TOM and WOZ of course.

#8545 8 years ago

'Really makes dot matrix seem outdated. 'Glad I'm in on this

#8546 8 years ago

Wow!!!.....never thought I'd have interest in this title, but might be changing my mind.....

#8547 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wow!!!.....never thought I'd have interest in this title, but might be changing my mind.....

I've always been interested, as I love the theme. Since they have listened to feedback and improved numerous things, it looks fantastic (both cabinet and PF). So the only thing left is how it plays. I have a friend getting one, so I will get my chance soon (ok, maybe not soon, but some day). I'm still worried about that right upper flipper, as it looks like it's only good for hitting drop targets.

#8548 8 years ago

Dammmmmnnnnnnn! That is looking awesome, cant wait!

#8549 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm still worried about that right upper flipper, as it looks like it's only good for hitting drop targets.

Isn't there a vuk beyond the two left drop targets that also require the right upper flipper to sink the ball into the hole once the targets are down to reveal it?

That would give more value to that upper flipper.

#8550 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Isn't there a vuk beyond the two left drop targets that also require the right upper flipper to sink the ball into the hole once the targets are down to reveal it?
That would give more value to that upper flipper.

The VUK that's about 4 inches from the flipper? It might make that right upper flipper more valuable but it doesn't seem like it would be a very satisfying shot.

Edit: misread it. Is there a hole behind the drops? That would be cool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/171 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.