Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 201.
#8451 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Not really sure of the date. Couple of years ago. I will go back and see. Quick q. How many WOZ were being made per week so I can get a idea of how many hobbits can be made.

The QC person at JJP told me that they have done up to 60 in a week. That's 1 shift and he also told me that Jack wants to add an additional shift to expedite the delays.

#8452 4 years ago

6 a day?

My understanding is that they average about 50 a week. So about 10ish a day

#8453 4 years ago

jack posted a few pics on fb few mins ago of hobbit coils, and magnets being made, not much of an update but still good to see updates coming.

#8454 4 years ago

Not all that sexy - but progress is progress

11220460_1050569511628311_2069928717019972934_n.jpg

12027698_1050569508294978_2755313768449543906_n.jpg

11998993_1050569504961645_3493925560524444109_n.jpg

#8455 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

My understanding is that they average about 50 a week. So about 10ish a day

Are they currently pumping out 50 WOZ a week? Are they really still selling that quickly? Or was that the high-point when they were working their way through the WOZ pre-orders a few years back? If they can consistently do 50 a week, they could run 1000 pre-ordered machines (just making that number up by way of example) in about 5 months. So if they're really able to get production started by late December, the last of the pre-ordered games would be shipping in May. Hopefully they'll be able to speed up production to get these games out faster!

#8456 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Are they currently pumping out 50 WOZ a week?

I'll see if I can find the vid of Jack saying that they do about 50 a week.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Are they really still selling that quickly?

Apparently - but I think they are trying to produce a few more than ordered for future sales during the hobbit builds.

Quoted from fosaisu:

If they can consistently do 50 a week, they could run 1000 pre-ordered machines (just making that number up by way of example) in about 5 months. So if they're really able to get production started by late December, the last of the pre-ordered games would be shipping in May. Hopefully they'll be able to speed up production to get these games out faster!

My understanding is that Jack is planning on adding another 'shift' to double production. We will see if that happens or not. To your point it will still likely take 5 months just to get out the preorders. I ordered mine last summer, so I am hoping I get it by March.

#8457 4 years ago

There may have been a time in 2014 when they were producing games that fast. I doubt they are near that level of staffing until TH actually starts production.

#8458 4 years ago

So if production starts when it says it will and they can do lets say an avg of 50 per week (per production line) they should be able to push out 400 to 500 by the end of 2015? If two lines then 1,000? That would be fantastic...

#8459 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So if production starts when it says it will and they can do lets say an avg of 50 per week (per production line) they should be able to push out 400 to 500 by the end of 2015? If two lines then 1,000? That would be fantastic...

I am hoping 1K by years end, but I am not getting my hopes up. If they do go that fast I sure hope that the assembly quality won't be impacted.

#8460 4 years ago

It is hard to believe that JJP seriously intended to release games back in December 2014 when they are just getting coils and magnets built now.

#8461 4 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

It is hard to believe that JJP seriously intended to release games back in December 2014 when they are just getting coils and magnets built now.

They never seriously intended to. I mean, not even throwing shade at Jack here, but let's be real, it was never, ever, going to happen. The playfield art changes were a nice excuse and all, but come one. Last we heard they hadn't even found the voice actors yet.

This game has a crapload of work put into it, and it's taken a long time to make. I think they should just be honest with people and say that. My feeling is that the hardcore JJP supporters (i.e. those who pre-ordered even after WOZ was a little rocky to get out the door, to be kind) would be totally cool with that.

#8462 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Not all that sexy - but progress is progress

11220460_1050569511628311_2069928717019972934_n.jpg12027698_1050569508294978_2755313768449543906_n.jpg11998993_1050569504961645_3493925560524444109_n.jpg

I love seeing M80s for next July 4th and plenty of toilet paper for when I shit my pants when one is thrown my way.

#8463 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They never seriously intended to. I mean, not even throwing shade at Jack here, but let's be real, it was never, ever, going to happen. The playfield art changes were a nice excuse and all, but come one. Last we heard they hadn't even found the voice actors yet.
This game has a crapload of work put into it, and it's taken a long time to make. I think they should just be honest with people and say that. My feeling is that the hardcore JJP supporters (i.e. those who pre-ordered even after WOZ was a little rocky to get out the door, to be kind) would be totally cool with that.

As a TH preorder, I was expecting a long wait. Admittedly, not quite THIS long, but pretty long. I console myself with the fact that I think a lot of the delay is genuinely going to making a good game. And separately, that most of the rest of the delay is genuinely going to make JJP a viable company (and hence enabling JJP#3, the Lawlor!).

I also console myself when I see other pins that have come out while awaiting TH which, while fun and good at what they do, seem largely to be more of the same. So even if Jack comes right out and says, "look, for what we had in mind, perhaps the initial timetable just wasn't realistic," well, I guess my response (as you correctly predicted), would be, "Duh. Already knew this was a possibility." Really, at this point, what's a little more delay, as long as JJP is solvent and it appears the pin will definitely be made (and that's obviously the case)? Just as long as the final product is something truly different and fun.

#8464 4 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

So even if Jack comes right out and says, "look, for what we had in mind, perhaps the initial timetable just wasn't realistic," well, I guess my response (as you correctly predicted), would be, "Duh. Already knew this was a possibility." Really, at this point, what's a little more delay, as long as JJP is solvent and it appears the pin will definitely be made (and that's obviously the case)? Just as long as the final product is something truly different and fun.

Right, exactly. Just say that. "We thought we could do this faster since it was game 2. Turns out that our ambitions were really high, we just couldn't settle for less than full effort (including redoing the playfield art when you guys rightly said it wasn't good enough) and it's taken a lot longer than expected. We're sorry for keeping you waiting, but we'll do our best to keep you in the loop as we work on it."

Boom, done. Haters are gonna hate, and make fun of you for being late no matter what. People who want a good game are going to be more patient if you just open up and say that.

I'm looking forward to playing it again. My first impression at Expo wasn't good. But people I respect are telling me they think it's a good game now. I want to see more.

#8465 4 years ago

I'm holding out for hope as well. I love games that grow on you because of how well thought out and deep they are. My initial reaction to just banging the ball around was just ok. I am now hearing how the depth and the implementation of LCD and sound (music etc) will make this an experience beyond anything we have tried before. This, to me, is what makes a pin last. (As long as the machine is dialed in for speed and flow.) Fingers crossed. Also Aurich is right, I have no problem with them taking the time whether financial or to make something special, just keep us in the loop. They are putting a ton into this one no question about it.

#8466 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

According to Jack they are going to produce TH on the same line so an additional line isn't in the cards; however, the additional shift of production is possible.

#8467 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Boom, done. Haters are gonna hate, and make fun of you for being late no matter what. People who want a good game are going to be more patient if you just open up and say that.

Even if the news is bad, communication is critical.

Your post made me think of a clip from Silicon Valley, where nobody will tell the higher ups the bad news about delays:

#8468 4 years ago

We'll most likely see the WOZ line just convert to TH. 10 per day or so. There's going to be an unforeseen bugaboo to slow thing's down as in WOZ but overall progress will be made. I hope I'm wrong on this-I'd love to see more JJP production.

#8469 4 years ago

It's a shame they are not setting up a second line but I guess financially it just didn't make sense. My distro talked to Jack last week and Jack also told him that they were planning to use a second shift to get TH out quickly. Hopefully by Nov them can start pumping out 50+ a week.

#8470 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Your post made me think of a clip from Silicon Valley, where nobody will tell the higher ups the bad news about delays:

I tried to watch that show and had to stop, it felt too much like being reminded of work when I was trying to relax.

#8471 4 years ago

If they double the shift and get things running smoothly then it could be 75+ a week, starting in November, depending upon learning curve of employees and smoothing out the production flow. That could be about 500- 600 before Christmas, give or take. I just hope all the talk of vendor problems is gone, because that held up the WOZ line quite a bit.
One bad vendor like the Hobbit back glass incident could hold up the line completely.

#8472 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I tried to watch that show and had to stop, it felt too much like being reminded of work when I was trying to relax.

You missed the best part. Skip ahead to the monkey.

#8473 4 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

it could be 75+ a week, starting in November

Has JJP suggested recently that they'll be starting production in November?

#8474 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Has JJP suggested recently that they'll be starting production in November?

I think they have given up suggesting any start time at this point. A few more weeks used to be the common reply but that started 10 months ago I'm not sure JJP even knows when they will be able to start, parts seem to be coming in though so it has to be getting closer.

#8475 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I think they have given up suggesting any start time at this point. A few more weeks used to be the common reply but that started 10 months ago I'm not sure JJP even knows when they will be able to start, parts seem to be coming in though so it has to be getting closer.

They recently said "Fall". Fall starts in a week or so and ends Dec 20th. Based on previous experience with WOZ, anyone waiting on TH should be doing cartwheels if they ship any games before 2016.

#8476 4 years ago

Did I read somewhere that "if you order now you'll get your Hobbit January 2016"? LOL!

#8477 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's what makes it great to me. There is a scene in the latest season where Jared brings out a SWOT analysis chart, and I almost passed out from laughing so hard. I know someone that matches up with almost every single character on the show, as I'm sure you do.

#8478 4 years ago

Silicon Valley = One of the best shows eva! Erlich F ing Bachman

Right up there with Kenny F ing Powers.

#8479 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Silicon Valley = One of the best shows eva!

Don't you mean Silicon Valley == One of the best shows eva! Equality not assignment

Sorry seemed appropriate...

#8480 4 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

Don't you mean Silicon Valley == One of the best shows eva! Equality not assignment
Sorry seemed appropriate...

Only in some languages.

#8481 4 years ago

The opening cartoon in Silicon Valley is worth the price of admission alone. Tons of funny stuff in there, like the burst and deflated Napster balloon and the near bursting Uber balloon.

#8482 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Only in some languages.

I'm actually saddened by the idea that the joke and your response did not go over my head.

#8483 4 years ago

I thought Jack mentioned at the last expo that 2500 WOZ versions in total had been produced and shipped . Assuming production began October 2013 , let's call it 2 years now or 100 weeks approx production. That makes it an average of 25 games per week produced . I believe that 25/week is a much more real production expectation for the Hobbit . Just trying to be realistic here . I am in on Hobbit since July 2013 . Received my WOZLE Feb . 2014 . They will get them built , I have full confidence but want to be realistic as well

#8484 4 years ago
Quoted from Boxedbeef:

I thought Jack mentioned at the last expo that 2500 WOZ versions in total had been produced and shipped . Assuming production began October 2013 , let's call it 2 years now or 100 weeks approx production. That makes it an average of 25 games per week produced . I believe that 25/week is a much more real production expectation for the Hobbit . Just trying to be realistic here . I am in on Hobbit since July 2013 . Received my WOZLE Feb . 2014 . They will get them built , I have full confidence but want to be realistic as well

It was probably less than half that the first year.... But then again, one would expect some growing pains.

I would assume another slow ramp in production for TH (but hopfully not as slow as with WoZ). Still, Id be surprised if they shipped more than 25-50 machines before the end if this year.

#8485 4 years ago

Let's just be patient....wait, we've already done that, Well let's be whatever comes after that.

#8486 4 years ago

will he be doing cart wheels when the first truck rolls out again?

#8487 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

will he be doing cart wheels when the first truck rolls out again?

I think this warrants a handspring!

frontal_and_back_handspring_by_artryan18.gif

#8488 4 years ago

Woah, a real update:

#8489 4 years ago

More Hobbit Pinball parts continue to arrive at our factory every day. We want to keep you updated on where we are production wise, as well as providing insight into our team's progress on programming, sound, and animation.

Games are currently undergoing the approval processes so that we can ship worldwide. A few parts are waiting for that final approval and then the floodgates open. The picture of the playfield below shows the new ramp on Hobbit.

Based on WOZ and how The Hobbit has developed, you all know what we put into our games-our Passion, Heart and Soul. You will have these games forever to enjoy so our efforts and time are well spent to satisfy our loyal JJP fans.

We are happy to share this high res image of The Hobbit Playfield with you!
Click to view Photo

The video below explains how to achieve the high-end goals of The Hobbit™ pinball game: "Wizard" modes based on climactic scenes of each of the trilogy movies.

Each achievement will add a spark to the Arkenstone™. Complete all sparks of the Arkenstone to qualify the next wizard mode.

The wizard mode movies scenes were selected for their exciting content and ability to present fun, frenzied pinball action:
Into the Fire from An Unexpected Journey presents the final showdown between Thorin and the Dwarves vs. Azog and the Orcs.
Barrel Escape from The Desolation of Smaug presents the one of the greatest chase sequences ever produced as the Dwarves, Elves, and Orcs fight their way down the Forest River towards Lake Town.
Finally, Battle of Five Armies is an epic finale taking many scenes from the titular movie in one unbelievable multiball!

VIDEO -->

#8491 4 years ago

Looks fantastic. This game is going to rock!

#8492 4 years ago

Lord, it *IS* sexy.

Cant wait to PLAY one!

#8493 4 years ago

Real art work sweet lol

#8494 4 years ago

All the targets have art on them except the mystery target its just blue. Hope that one gets some decal art.

Video and playfield shot looks fantastic! Thanks for the update JJP! Nice to see some info on the rules and modes.

#8495 4 years ago

So is that voiceover in the new video the Gandalf impersonator?

#8496 4 years ago

Looks a shit load better now! Not just the artwork. The VUKs and layout look better than before.

#8497 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So is that voiceover in the new video the Gandalf impersonator?

Sure sounds like it

#8498 4 years ago

Looks great, good stuff JJP

#8499 4 years ago

"HD-Quality Pinball"

Now that's a nice subtle dig at Stern. You don't suppose JJP has been reading the GOT thread, do you?

#8500 4 years ago

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Forever
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside