Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 201.
#801 5 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Now back to The Hobbit. Blu-ray is out today so ...

Ahhh, but is it the Extended Edition??

#802 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Not until after all the fans buy the regular edition, watch it once, and become convinced the editor was a fool and cut all the best scenes so they must have the Extended Edition.

#803 5 years ago

Jumped on this thread bc of all the new posts on TH updates. Scanned almost all of' em.

Man, I wish I could get my 20 minutes back.

#804 5 years ago

The usual idiot shitstorm, Mickey D's ham burglar basement dwellers….. Uhhh oh, ban votes for the spoken truth……..

#805 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'm waiting for the extended 3D edition. I've got Hobbit 1 Extended 3D ...not buying each of these things twice.

#806 5 years ago

Woz is done basically, check your D bagness at the door, you don't want to buy a Hobbit, go buy a Mustang or whatever else floats your boat!

The dumb ass BS is getting really old, get some new material or quit posting, wading through this garbage is a joke!

#807 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Not until after all the fans buy the regular edition, watch it once, and become convinced the editor was a fool and cut all the best scenes so they must have the Extended Edition.

Maybe the video COmpaNy will call it the Ruby Red Limited Edition.

#808 5 years ago

I don't think ruby red would fit very well for Hobbit. But if they had a Troll poop brown edition....now we are talking

#809 5 years ago

The only way they could cram more pointless nonsense into the Hobbit movies is if Peter Jackson started slipping outtakes from his home movies into them.

#810 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't think ruby red would fit very well for Hobbit. But if they had a Troll poop brown edition....now we are talking

Haha, you wouldn't pay for the LE crapper edition because your max is 6k, so you might as well flush your "poop" dreams of ever getting another NIB of any kind NEO….

#811 5 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

The only way they could cram more pointless nonsense into the Hobbit movies is if Peter Jackson started slipping outtakes from his home movies into them.

I agree, haven't seen 1 or 2, what's the point Jar? Mustang? How much crap can they slip in there?

#812 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree, haven't seen 1 or 2, what's the point Jar? Mustang? How much crap can they slip in there?

They've got 50 years of crap that they can slip in Mustang. The horror!

My point about The Hobbit movies is that they took what should have been one movie and stretched it into three. The only way to accomplish that is by putting a ton of filler in which they did. The LOTR movies aren't perfect either, but they are marvels of efficiency to The Hobbit.

The good thing is that none of this really impacts the pin. They can use what works in the pin and jettison the rest

#813 5 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

The good thing is that none of this really impacts the pin. They can use what works in the pin and jettison the rest

Bada bing! Who cares about them extorting 3 movies worth of revenue….we are talking about a pinball machine..

I probably won't watch any of them and I didn't really like Lotr, but I love the pin…

And I certainly don't dream about a Woz movie remake, but I love the pin

What I'd really like is some F ing Zombies!

#814 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Haha, you wouldn't pay for the LE crapper edition because your max is 6k, so you might as well flush your "poop" dreams of ever getting another NIB of any kind NEO….

Don't be so sure, I could find another NIB premium stern for 6k if I wanted. But even at 6k, it's stupid money for any pinball machine.

#815 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm waiting for the extended 3D edition. I've got Hobbit 1 Extended 3D ...not buying each of these things twice.

surprise-with-extenze-results.jpg
#816 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If Pappy & Kirk are done fighting maybe Ice & PW79 can carry the torch

We done I guess. Kirk can't handle the boyington.

#817 5 years ago

ICE you in?

LOL

#818 5 years ago

Any news to report on the Hobbit update?????

Darn, I guess another day has passed with no info.

#819 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Darn, I guess another day has passed with no info.

Indeed... but you ARE one day closer of actual playing this machine!

#820 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The usual idiot shitstorm, Mickey D's ham burglar basement dwellers….. Uhhh oh, ban votes for the spoken truth……..

Quoted from iceman44:

Woz is done basically, check your D bagness at the door, you don't want to buy a Hobbit, go buy a Mustang or whatever else floats your boat!
The dumb ass BS is getting really old, get some new material or quit posting, wading through this garbage is a joke!

DUDE! It's you! You're filling up the threads with crap. Stop blabbing so much so that when people come to the treads they can get some acutal information instead of you guys flapping your gums about nothing.

#821 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

DUDE! It's you! You're filling up the threads with crap. Stop blabbing so much so that when people come to the treads they can get some acutal information instead of you guys flapping your gums about nothing.

Anyone posting here who is not a JJP employee or insider is filling this thread with crap, including you

#822 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Anyone posting here who is not a JJP employee or insider is filling this thread with crap, including you

Pot / Kettle.... ahh crap now I am too! Son of a ....

#823 5 years ago

Why is this crap:content ratio so high on threads like this and the WoZ shipping thread?

Nature Abhors a Vacuum.

Unfortunately, so does my wife...

#824 5 years ago

This week our distributer in the UK is quoted in a coin-op magazine:

"The largest of the local pinball shows is October in Manchester. That is where we hope to have The Hobbit, along with Jersey Jack himself!"

#825 5 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Pot / Kettle.... ahh crap now I am too! Son of a ....

Wuz gonna post, but decided not to....

#826 5 years ago

I don't know why the hell you guys want updates anyway? Personally, I don't want to know every star post added to the game. The way he handled WOZ was crappy. There was no element of surprise, every aspect of it, I saw as it was being done, so when I actually saw the game in person, it was very uneventful. the whole game had a MEH, element to it. If I would have knew nothing and saw nothing about it, until it was revealed at a show, it might have blew my balls off.

You guys around here can't wait for anything. Impulse buyers. How crappy would it be for you as a kid on xmas, if you knew and saw everything you were getting? IT would have sucked. I know because one year I did know and there wasn't any surprise there. The surprise is part of the experience. Learn how to wait, and the less you know, the more impact the game will have during a reveal.

#827 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't know why the hell you guys want updates anyway? Personally, I don't want to know every star post added to the game. The way he handled WOZ was crappy. There was no element of surprise, every aspect of it, I saw as it was being done, so when I actually saw the game in person, it was very uneventful. the whole game had a MEH, element to it. If I would have knew nothing and saw nothing about it, until it was revealed at a show, it might have blew my balls off.
You guys around here can't wait for anything. Impulse buyers. How crappy would it be for you as a kid on xmas, if you knew and saw everything you were getting? IT would have sucked. I know because one year I did know and there wasn't any surprise there. The surprise is part of the experience. Learn how to wait, and the less you know, the more impact the game will have during a reveal.

Agree 1000%.

The only Hobbit update I'm anxious to read is:

"In stock and shipping"

#828 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

The difference is, they will say, is that JJP is asking for money upfront, and Stern's pins are ready to buy when announced.

#829 5 years ago

but they are losing the wow factor, that gets people to buy a new just revealed product. the only ones your getting, are the ones that have no patience for anything. I think the WOW factor would reel in the compulsive buyers more so. And the ones that buy blind, without even seeing any art, your getting their money regardless, they are a no brainer. It's the ones that think more about their purchases, that you have to have a plan for.

#830 5 years ago

Its a alot of money to spend not knowing what the game will have.

#831 5 years ago

So far nothing is coming across with the same wow factor as when I saw WOZ for the first time. Hope that upper left corner has something revolutionary.

#832 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Please note that not all buyers are impulsive. There are a lot of other reasons to support a product

Do agree about the WOW factor. But in the end you are the one that makes the decision to absorb all the facts and rumours or just sit and wait for the package to arrive.

#833 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

The difference is, they will say, is that JJP is asking for money upfront, and Stern's pins are ready to buy when announced.

I don't understand why people think they are entitled to updates just because they put money down on the Hobbit. In my opinion, JJP is under no obligation to provide any advanced information since pre-ordering is purely optional. That is, unless they promised to provide updates at certain time points.

#834 5 years ago

I would want updates if I paid first. Otherwise I can wait and decide to buy when it comes out and I would expect to know nothing until then. Of course most companies would want some kind of teaser to have you waiting as a customer or else the dollars may go elsewhere.

And neo comparing being given a gift to spending 8k is quite a stretch.

#835 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

And the ones that buy blind, without even seeing any art, your getting their money regardless, they are a no brainer.

This statement is rather short sighted -> If buyers do not like what they see along the way (which they pickup by updates through threads for example) they just back out with full refund. No risk at all other than supporting the project. And ofcourse you want to know how things are going on! Even more -> maybe you haven't noticed but in the Hobbit all three movies will be incorporated. Meaning from "There and Back Again" Jack probably may not reveal a lot (read: nothing) until worldwide release. There will be more then enough surprise left all the way to the end.

On the other hand... If you do not want to loose any of the surprise just don't click any thread regarding "The Hobbit" and/or "JJP", instead of moaning what everybody else should or shouldn't do....

#836 5 years ago

exactly, it's another reason why you should go for surprise wow factor over revealing everything. You get people to buy something without knowing really the ins and outs. From a sellers perspective you get more sales.

As for people not liking what they bought, you shouldn't be buying anything you havn't played anyway. It's the only way to avoid that ever from happening.

#837 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

I would want updates if I paid first. Otherwise I can wait and decide to buy when it comes out and I would expect to know nothing until then. Of course most companies would want some kind of teaser to have you waiting as a customer or else the dollars may go elsewhere.

Everyone has the option to wait on this there will be some available after it's release just like with other new pins. If you put huge deposits down on a pin that currently does not exist then you basically are saying I don't even need to know much about it to go all in. What real incentive is there to show more about the pin now that they have most of your money for the pin? All that will likely come of it is some will not like details and complain then sell their 'spot'. Given almost full deposits well before a pin is built puts you at the mercy of the maker.

#838 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

How crappy would it be for you as a kid on xmas, if you knew and saw everything you were getting?

As my old mate Noddy Holder says "I wish it could be Christmas everyday" and usually I have to buy my own presents anyway to get what I want

There is an old saying in sales "where there are surprises there is margin" ......I don't like those surprises. I do agree with holding a little back for the final push though, a bit of wow at the launch would go a long way.

#839 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I don't understand why people think they are entitled to updates just because they put money down on the Hobbit. In my opinion, JJP is under no obligation to provide any advanced information since pre-ordering is purely optional. That is, unless they promised to provide updates at certain time points.

JJP asked for money at certain time points so updates should go along with the payments.

#840 5 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

JJP asked for money at certain time points so updates should go along with the payments.

Why does he owe them an update? Did he promise there would be an update whenever it was time to make a payment when they signed up for the pre-order?

Sure, JJP risks people giving up their pre-order and asking for refunds if he doesn't provide any updates when it comes time for another payment, but it seems like that is up to his discretion.

#841 5 years ago

So tell me again, how should I spend my own $$$$

If you aren't spending $$$, its easy to cast stones and a bunch of BS…..

#842 5 years ago

rats, I thought there was some news with all the new posts ... bah

#843 5 years ago

I'm very confident the WOW factor will be there. Jack's not blowing his wad all at once, and some of the advanced features were probably still being massaged up until recently It's the parts we haven't seen yet that will be revolutionary. Remember, the 17 unused drivers on WOZ's board are all used this time. There more to this than we've seen with the blueprint.

#844 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I pointed this out two years ago on WoZ threads. The real pinball companies (Bally, Williams & Gottlieb kept everything under wraps until about4-6 weeks prior to release. At that time the title was leaked and maybe some special feature. Once Bally bought their own distributor network, they may have leaked out stuff a few weeks earlier. This was around the time the fanboys proclaimed that WoZ will be the best built, highest quality game ever. When I asked how could they possibly know that; the crowd with pitchforks came after me.

#845 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So tell me again, how should I spend my own $$$$
If you aren't spending $$$, its easy to cast stones and a bunch of BS…..

It's just like the fact you shouldn't take preperation H orally. You can do what you want, but it's not suggested.

#848 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

It's just like the fact you shouldn't take preperation H orally. You can do what you want, but it's not suggested.

Wtf, are you sure about that?

#849 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

It's just like the fact you shouldn't take preperation H orally. .

Well, some people talk out of their asses, so perhaps its NOT that bad of an idea....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Machine - For Sale
Ridgeland, WI
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside