47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 201.
#8401 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Aside from liking the hammered finish or not, what pisses me off about this is that we were forced to choose LE or SE in a limited time window, based solely on the machine's cosmetics. Now they have changed the cosmetics. I stuck with LE mainly because of the seaside bronze trim. Now I think the SE looks like a better combo with the new trim options.
Since they revisited a main aspect of the differentiation between models, do I get to reconsider which model I want? Doubt it.

I haven't been 100% sure either which is why I switched to the SE. Since the SE had the limited window I decided to pick that with the thinking that if I really wanted to later I could switch back to the LE. It was the decision that kept the most options on the table but you have a fair point nonetheless.

#8402 5 years ago
Quoted from Dalbok:

I haven't been 100% sure either which is why I switched to the SE. Since the SE had the limited window I decided to pick that with the thinking that if I really wanted to later I could switch back to the LE. It was the decision that kept the most options on the table but you have a fair point nonetheless.

Yep...you chose wisely. Easier to switch to an LE later vs switching to an SE.

#8403 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yep...you chose wisely. Easier to switch to an LE later vs switching to an SE.

I thought about that upside as well, but I actually preferred the SE from the start. The LE is kick ass too. Most probably prefer that trim anyway (just not me)

#8404 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I thought about that upside as well, but I actually preferred the SE from the start. The LE is kick ass too. Most probably prefer that trim anyway (just not me)

I'm with you. I have been w/ the SE all the way. Sure, i like the look of the LE but the SE to me is just a little better. If i don't like Smaug w/ all that GOLD, I will just which them out. No big deal..

#8405 5 years ago
Quoted from Dalbok:

Same strategy that I used when switching to the SE, easier to go back to LE vs get locked out of the SE. Plus I really did like the SE better. Now with new trim I really like the SE even more.

They are all good and it is really nice to have a choice.

Has Alex commented on this new trim? Are you doing the powder? Paging Alex do you have an opinion old vs new - differences etc?

#8406 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I have Day 1 ordered LE's and also a number of Smaug Gold's we bought as well both still available.

Yikes!?!?!

After nearly 3 years, "still available?!?!?

Not exactly flying off the shelves....

Hopefully the lackluster GoT reveal will help pick things up a bit....

#8407 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

COMPLETELY disagree with you. The hammered look is awesome...especially improved the gold one! The powder color was the one thing LE had over SE, now I can truly say the SE is better all around! Thank you for the last minute upgrade!!

Not only that, but the hammered look perfectly fits the theme.

#8408 5 years ago

Sticking with the LE, it just looks like it has a bit more class. You can have too much of the same dragon, although the new gold is much better.

#8409 5 years ago

Calling on Ice......Ice? What do you think of the hammered look? All in fun buddy

#8410 5 years ago

I have never seen a manufacturer survive very long that does not optimize the fixed costs associated with building assets and skilled labor. To be 2-3 years into this venture and not be able to meet goals and deadlines is a recipe for disaster. And then to have this experience and still not be able to set a production date out 1-2 months is a case study for incompetence. These cash infusions are useless if the same people keep running the show.

#8411 5 years ago

From what I've seen of GoT JJP and Heighway will be cracking open the champagne

#8412 5 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

From what I've seen of GoT JJP and Heighway will be cracking open the champagne

They are having a great week for sure

#8413 5 years ago

Iv'e been in on an SE from day one. Even with all the delays I still have faith in JJP and his team. If Jack was going under I really doubt that Pat Lawlor would have signed on, nor would have any of the investors risk their money in Jacks Company. I may even purchase a WOZ at a later date but I want to wait to see what Pat brings to the table first.

#8414 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

Iv'e been in on an SE from day one. Even with all the delays I still have faith in JJP and his team. If Jack was going under I really doubt that Pat Lawlor would have signed on, nor would have any of the investors risk their money in Jacks Company. I may even purchase a WOZ at a later date but I want to wait to see what Pat brings to the table first.

Agree.

My second pin will be JJP#3 (or 4 - StarWars?), if not those, TRON VE/Premium. If Stern doesn't do another TRON (fine either way by me), it will be WOZ.

#8415 5 years ago

From JJP - Facebook:

Lots of pretty Hobbit toys being made at Back Alley Creations. Next stop, JJP Headquarters!
12011280_1048727471812515_6671683126127760766_n.jpg
12004831_1048727528479176_7541619207844548811_n.jpg
11998966_1048727498479179_8739144468017288458_n.jpg
12004938_1048727541812508_1188179149082392961_n.jpg
12003380_1048727565145839_1641663206410122833_n.jpg

#8416 5 years ago

This is likely the gold piles around Smaug - which I think now looks much better! I wasn't a fan of the 'coin' look. Nice improvement. I wonder if JJP was a bit worried about Sterns GoT, because it looks like they have been upgrading the game over the last few months even more.

I do like the new cab armor upgrades as well!

#8417 5 years ago

nice to finally get concrete updates in this thread instead of all the bashing and bibble babble speculation usually found here.

#8418 5 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

nice to finally get concrete updates in this thread instead of all the bashing and bibble babble speculation usually found here.

Agreed. Opening the hobbit update thread and finding hobbit updates was surreal a few days ago, glad to see it continuing!

#8419 5 years ago

Too bad they have changed the vuk.
I found the metal wireforms nice.
Playfield showed more full

#8420 5 years ago
Quoted from May:

Too bad they have changed the vuk.
I found the metal wireforms nice.
Playfield showed more full

Where did you see/hear that information?

#8421 5 years ago

VUKs are wire form. Who says otherwise?

#8423 5 years ago

If you are saying that you like the VUKs better on the whitewood I am with you. But I think the current/latest ones do provide better PF visibility. So I am OK with either.

#8424 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Lots of pretty Hobbit toys being made at Back Alley Creations.

Wow, good for Matt! I didn't know he was doing the work on TH. Great guy, very talented as well.

#8425 5 years ago

Getting stoked on Hobbit SE.

#8426 5 years ago

Whoever gets theirs first, post the day and time so we can see how many are being pumped out. How are they made? In what order. I emailed JJP last week about this q with no response.

#8427 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Whoever gets theirs first, post the day and time so we can see how many are being pumped out. How are they made? In what order. I emailed JJP last week about this q with no response.

I think we'll know when they ship the first one - I am sure it will be a photo op. It will be on FB and Pinside with Jack and crew with big smiles and thumbs up.

#8428 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Here's my scenario: On the first day to order TH, I placed my order and deposit at about 10:30 AM Central Time. For all I know, from 10:00 until 10:15 that morning, five different distributors may have called ordering 50 or 100 games each. So, even though I ordered early, I can't really assume how close I am to the front of the line. I'll just happily take my game whenever it arrives. You can be sure that when it arrives I'll post and include pictures!

#8429 5 years ago

I am #220 in the production run. So I am close to the front.

#8430 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Did you call Jen to get this info?

#8431 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Did you call Jen to get this info?

I was 220th in the production run for WOZ LE and Jen told me I would be the same in the hobbit run. As long as I keep my same # and pre order the next game I will always be in that slot.

#8432 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

So you are saying if I have lets say number #6, I should have mine in the first batch of production?

#8433 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So you are saying if I have lets say number #6, I should have mine in the first batch of production?

No your game number has nothing to do with were you are in the production run. It is all based on what date you ordered your WOZLE. Also if you ordered your Hobbit in the time frame they gave you to secure your same number.

#8434 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

It is all based on what date you ordered your WOZLE.

Wanna bet?

#8436 5 years ago

All I know is I was told I would have my Hobbit 100% by 12-31-15. We shall see.

#8437 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

When did you order?

#8438 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

LOL!! I was told I would have my WOZ 100% many times and it was delay after delay. Don't believe anything you hear until it arrives at your house. I really like JJP and will wait for my Hobbit, but their estimates are useless. Don't get your hopes up.

#8439 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

LOL!! I was told I would have my WOZ 100% many times and it was delay after delay. Don't believe anything you hear until it arrives at your house. I really like JJP and will wait for my Hobbit, but their estimates are useless. Don't get your hopes up.

I agree - They told me 2 more months and then called later that week late that is was shipping next day.

It's good to see the "Who's getting there's before me" stuff again. It means we're in the home stretch.

#8440 5 years ago

I'm #19 but I guarantee you I wont have mine until Next year sometime. I ordered in April of 2014. I was also told it would ship in nov-Dec. 2014. I know it's going to be a great game and have a lot of confidence in JJP. However Shipping dates mean absolutely nothing to me as you can see why.

#8441 5 years ago

I would not want to have one of the first of these off the line....better to wait a little longer and get the wrinkles ironed out.

#8442 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I would not want to have one of the first of these off the line....better to wait a little longer and get the wrinkles ironed out.

Agree- I am probably a few hundred in - so perhaps a few kinks (if any) will have run their course.

#8443 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Calling on Ice......Ice? What do you think of the hammered look? All in fun buddy

I love the "hammered" look, seen a lot of it this weekend in Vegas! Experienced a bit of that look too.

#8444 5 years ago

Oh don't you worry Ice, this is a definite "pot calling the kettle black" scenario

#8445 5 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

It's good to see the "Who's getting there's before me" stuff again. It means we're in the home stretch.

Seems premature to call it the "home stretch" when the first game hasn't even hit the line yet. That said I hope they hit their target of getting games into production before the end of the year, this game looks sweet!

#8446 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Seems premature to call it the "home stretch" when the first game hasn't even hit the line yet. That said I hope they hit their target of getting games into production before the end of the year, this game looks sweet!

Not premature at all. I just bought one from Kevin Gaskins and I should have it by middle of next week.

#8447 5 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Not premature at all. I just bought one from Kevin Gaskins and I should have it by middle of next week.

Made me lol

#8448 5 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Nailed it

get.gif

#8449 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

When did you order?

Not really sure of the date. Couple of years ago. I will go back and see. Quick q. How many WOZ were being made per week so I can get a idea of how many hobbits can be made.

#8450 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Quick q. How many WOZ were being made per week so I can get a idea of how many hobbits can be made.

6?

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside