47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 201.
#751 7 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Sorry but that's not the way I saw it. In fact I was thinking about taking a picture because I couldn't believe there were no lines to the game. Here are some facts for you. Watch this video from Pinball News at the 9:10 mark.
» YouTube video
There is one person playing the game and with his girlfriend watching. You see two people behind the player with their arms on each other but they may or may not be waiting to play. Not really much of a Deep line. In fact there are more people watching and waiting to play the TRON which is right next to the WOZ.
Like I said twice already and I don't know why we are debating this but the point is the lines were nowhere near what they were last year.

That's nice that you didn't see it my way. I couldn't give a rat's ass what you believe. And I'm sure there was a time during THE ENTIRE WEEKEND when you could find the game without a line, but it wasn't the norm, and others have backed me up in this thread. Now buzz off, fly.

#752 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Yep, unlike some, he is NOT doing it "for the love of pinball".

I agree and I guess that's why I really enjoy games like Family Guy. Seth MacFarlane is worth a shit ton of dollars yet he takes his time and talents and produces the voice callouts for the game and they are indeed fantastic callouts. Some of the best callouts ever produced for a pinball machine. I'm sure the money meant nothing to him, I'm sure he just liked the idea of producing a FG pinball machine and that's why he did it.

But I get the impression that Seth does allot of things for the "love of it" and the money has followed.

QSS

#753 7 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

So basically what your saying is that there weren't enough zeros on that paycheck, correct? They didn't give a rats ass about the project or the fact that it was pinball. It was only about cash......King cash.

I get that WE think it would be super cool for them to do voice work on the game, but why do so many people around here think everyone owes it to us to also care about pinball? Let's face it, the overwhelming majority of society doesn't give a rats ass about pinball, and that's fine. I don't care about collecting cars, or stamps, or playing war games.

I couldn't be farther from a huge deal in my business the way these actors are in theirs, but I turn down work that "isn't worth my time" all the time. Just because they are in a totally different price bracket that we can't relate to does not make it wrong. If actors/athletes/etc participated in everything they were asked to do, they wouldn't have time to do their own jobs, much less have any life.

Can I really relate to turning down an alleged $100K for a couple hours or work? No. But I don't make a few million to act in a movie either.

Look at it like this...let's pretend there was a Lord of the Rings collector series stamp collecting convention in Duluth, MN that drew 3000 people (more people than will buy Hobbit by the way). Would you look down on any of the actors for feeling like that was super lame and were not going to waste their time going if they were asked? This is no different. Whether it is charities, personal time, or job offers, we all have different priorities. People, like Karl Urban, are more likely to contribute in areas they care about. The bitter reality is that most people don't give a rip about pinball, but we should not scorn them because of it.

Let's be real here, we're the nerds for being passionate about pinball, not the other way around.

#754 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's exactly right, dumb ass agents that don't understand the concept that 100% of nothing is …..nothing.
These guys would have to be complete idiots for turning down voice work that might take what, an hour of their time, well I guess they and/or their agents are…..

Either that or they are super rich, have lots of work, and can pick and choose what they want to work on.

What I don't understand, is why Paul McCartney won't play my birthday party. I mean, what kind of idiot is he? I'm going to have pump-it-up and everything.

#755 7 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Either that or they are super rich, have lots of work, and can pick and choose what they want to work on.

What I don't understand, is why Paul McCartney won't play my birthday party. I mean, what kind of idiot is he? I'm going to have pump-it-up and everything.

I'm gonna go with "idiots", assuming they aren't on the level of Paul McCartney or Metallica, Ac/dc etc…….

yep, complete idiots, that's what it is……"pump it up"

#756 7 years ago

On JM's call out both Ice-T and K Reeves voices are impersonators..I would have never known if somone hadn't told me. You can use a bunch of voic clips from the movie, maybe even string them together using an editor to fit the bill and for the rest use a couple of voice actors. No need to pay 100k for a few lines. Just saying.

#757 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

And I'm sure there was a time during THE ENTIRE WEEKEND when you could find the game without a line, but it wasn't the norm

It's funny that this video from Martin just happens to be the ONE time there was no line. But hey I'm sure there were times (sat night) there were there were a few people behind waiting to play. Again, not the point.

But wait here is more:

This video shows MAYBE two people waiting to play the first WOZ and nobody waiting to play the other. The evidence is stacking up. LOL.

That's nice that you didn't see it my way. I couldn't give a rat's ass what you believe.

Right back at ya. I love how you missed the point all along. Keep on trucking dude. See you next year

#758 7 years ago

Oftentimes the actors demand royalties even to use their voices from the movie or TV show. Hence the lack of female Simpsons characters in TSPP.

#759 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Oftentimes the actors demand royalties even to use their voices from the movie or TV show. Hence the lack of female Simpsons characters in TSPP.

That's not how I understood it, was simply only enough money for so many voice actors on TSPP, and you got a ton of characters with the talent they did use, since they're multi-voice. Go for Marge and Lisa and you don't get that same bang for your buck.

#760 7 years ago

With The Desolation of Smaug out on Blu Ray / DVD today maybe JJP will soon show us artwork for the playfield Based off Jacks comments at MPE it sounds like they couldn't release anything with assets from the second movie until the Blu Ray / DVD is out.

On another note if the third movie is implemented into the game only in terms of software we may not see code that uses assets from the third film until its release on Blu Ray / DVD around this time next year.

#761 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's not how I understood it, was simply only enough money for so many voice actors on TSPP, and you got a ton of characters with the talent they did use, since they're multi-voice. Go for Marge and Lisa and you don't get that same bang for your buck.

No, I'm just pointing that out - people keep saying to just use movie assets, but JJP may be limited in what they can use there, if a particular actor is not on board. All depends on the license agreement. I'm thinking JJP may have said once they had the ability to use anything from the movies... hopefully that is the case

#762 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

JJP may have said once they had the ability to use anything from the movies... hopefully that is the case

That would be great.

#763 7 years ago

Sorry but that's not the way I saw it. In fact I was thinking about taking a picture because I couldn't believe there were no lines to the game. Here are some facts for you. Watch this video from Pinball News at the 9:10 mark.
» YouTube video
There is one person playing the game and with his girlfriend watching. You see two people behind the player with their arms on each other but they may or may not be waiting to play. Not really much of a Deep line. In fact there are more people watching and waiting to play the TRON which is right next to the WOZ.
Like I said twice already and I don't know why we are debating this but the point is the lines were nowhere near what they were last year.

this might be true. Close friend of mine (plays pinball but not a collector or avid player) got to play WOZ recently and her comment word for word is......."Don't ever make me play that game again". She hated it. I don't think it's very new player friendly. It gets their attention at first from the display, but once they play it, its such a confusing rat race for a casual player they have no idea what's going on. Just for the record, I don't hate it, but don't love it either. One thing I do hate about it, is that high pitched tink that the middle target does, other than that, it's a good first attempt at a game.

#764 7 years ago

It's funny that this video from Martin just happens to be the ONE time there was no line. But hey I'm sure there were times (sat night) there were there were a few people behind waiting to play. Again, not the point.
But wait here is more:
» YouTube video
This video shows MAYBE two people waiting to play the first WOZ and nobody waiting to play the other. The evidence is stacking up. LOL.

Right back at ya. I love how you missed the point all along. Keep on trucking dude. See you next year

Haven't missed any point, jack-rump. I was there for two days and every time I went to play a WOZ, there was a lengthy line. Other people on this thread that were there have backed up that assessment. There is a picture on JJP's Facebook page of me waiting in a long line to play the game.

Now, what part of this don't you understand? Perhaps your brain simply can't comprehend that the universe doesn't revolve around your assessment of it.

#765 7 years ago

Does anybody other than Jack really give a shit if there was a line to play WOZ? Especially in a Hobbit thread?

I sure as hell don't.

#766 7 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Does anybody other than Jack really give a shit if there was a line to play WOZ? Especially in a Hobbit thread?
I sure as hell don't.

Just correcting the facts. I'd rather be discussing the Hobbit, but some people have an agenda. I'm done with the line business.

#767 7 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I sure as hell don't.

I care damn it...I care........ok, I don't.. about either or whatever. i'm not an OP and don't care that my games don't earn.

Line business? cocaine?

#768 7 years ago

Haven't missed any point, jack-rump.

That's nice. I know I've won this debate when you resort to name calling.

Now, what part of this don't you understand? Perhaps your brain simply can't comprehend that the universe doesn't revolve around your assessment of it.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

#769 7 years ago

90% of this thread is crap. I see the same ppl posting the same thing in every thread I read. Like they need people to give a crap about what they have to say. Some of you guys just waste to much time talking negitive crap. For F**k sake men, its pinball and its all good. WOZ is great im sure TH will be great. When im out and about and find a pin I play a game on it and walk away happy that I just played pinball. Some of you sound like a bunch of girls or spoiled brats. But then again its a public forum so voice away if you must. Back on topic please.

#770 7 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

90% of this thread is crap.

Yup, sorry guys. I just was replying to a post by Panzer. Didn't intend it to derail this much. TH looks awesome and I'm loving my WOZ. I'll probably buy the TH when it gets built.

#771 7 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

90% of this site is crap. I see the same ppl posting the same thing in every thread I read. Like they need people to give a crap about what they have to say. Some of you guys just waste to much time talking negitive crap. For F**k sake men, its pinball and its all good. WOZ is great im sure TH will be great. When im out and about and find a pin I play a game on it and walk away happy that I just played pinball. Some of you sound like a bunch of girls or spoiled brats. But then again its a public forum so voice away if you must. Back on topic please.

Fixed it for you.

#772 7 years ago

You are correct Jar! Who gives a F

Correction 98% is ridiculous

#773 7 years ago

Agree! ^^^^^^^^ how do you change the original text of someone else anyway?? Always wondered

#774 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Agree! ^^^^^^^^ how do you change the original text of someone else anyway?? Always wondered. and I like balls and weiners

Like this.

#775 7 years ago

Hot dogs at the turn on the golf course..........nothing better!

#776 7 years ago

That's nice. I know I've won this debate when you resort to name calling.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

And just like that.....you've been ignored!

Go ahead and keep running your mouth.....I won't see it.

#777 7 years ago

And now, back to the Hobbit.

#778 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm gonna go with "idiots", assuming they aren't on the level of Paul McCartney or Metallica, Ac/dc etc…….
yep, complete idiots, that's what it is……"pump it up"

#779 7 years ago

Is this thread back on track to talk about the Hobbit yet?

#781 7 years ago

Hoping for some news now the Hobbit is released on disk.... Anyone?

#782 7 years ago

With all this activity, I thought there was some hot new Hobbit news

#783 7 years ago
Quoted from B9:

With all this activity, I thought there was some hot new Hobbit news

gollum-the-hobbit-lead.jpg
#784 7 years ago

Winona Ryder wouldn't let her likeness be used in any way on Bram Stoker's Dracula. Wesley Snipes and his agent insisted that his bleach-blond flat top maniac character be portrayed only in a handsome and non-insane light in DM due to his very important Hollywood career that never took off. If an actor's agent wants to play hardball, the pinball will suffer. Mindy Kaling made it so that everyone involved in the production of anything multimedia must receive royalties forever.

#785 7 years ago

But wait here is more:
» YouTube video

Must.... Pan.... Camera..... More.... Slowly....

2 minutes in and I was ready to throw up from motion sickness

HEY!!! No one was waiting to play that AFM game- it must suck!!!!

#786 7 years ago

Haven't missed any point, jack-rump. I was there for two days and every time I went to play a WOZ, there was a lengthy line. Other people on this thread that were there have backed up that assessment. There is a picture on JJP's Facebook page of me waiting in a long line to play the game.

Well after watching three videos none did WOZ have lines you just must have bad karma.

#787 7 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

90% of this thread is crap. I see the same ppl posting the same thing in every thread I read. Like they need people to give a crap about what they have to say. Some of you guys just waste to much time talking negitive crap. For F**k sake men, its pinball and its all good. WOZ is great im sure TH will be great. When im out and about and find a pin I play a game on it and walk away happy that I just played pinball. Some of you sound like a bunch of girls or spoiled brats. But then again its a public forum so voice away if you must. Back on topic please.

There's been no update for months whats left but the crap.

#788 7 years ago

Hmm, Pappy long time and well respected and Capt Kirk over there… well…

Not a Woz fan but based on the little information so far I have to admit I am anxious to see this game develop.

#789 7 years ago

And just like that.....you've been ignored!

Go ahead and keep running your mouth.....I won't see it.

Sorry guys but this is too rich to pass up. This dude calls me names then ignores me. Classic!

#790 7 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Can I give this infinity thumbs up? It can be torturous at times sifting though these threads filled with drivel. I'm amazed Keith even posts in this thread. Thank you so much for your updates

And as great it would be to have Ian McKellen doing custom callouts for TH, I'll be just as happy as long as THERE ARE callouts. I don't care who does them, as long as it sounds just like Gandalf & Bilbo. With the way the playfield is designed to be a fast flowing game, and all the crazy lights, toys & stuff going on the LCD screen....I just want someone calling out my shots so my head doesn't explode. I cannot wait for this pin

#791 7 years ago

I got a ban vote for saying I liked a TV show that a member referenced in a thread yet these threads go on and on....

#792 7 years ago

Cannot wait for TH to be released. I'm just hoping that JJ will ship the games out more quickly - but other than that I'm excited for this new company's 2nd game!

#793 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Can I give this infinity thumbs up? It can be torturous at times sifting though these threads filled with drivel. I'm amazed Keith even posts in this thread. Thank you so much for your updates
And as great it would be to have Ian McKellen doing custom callouts for TH, I'll be just as happy as long as THERE ARE callouts. I don't care who does them, as long as it sounds just like Gandalf & Bilbo. With the way the playfield is designed to be a fast flowing game, and all the crazy lights, toys & stuff going on the LCD screen....I just want someone calling out my shots so my head doesn't explode. I cannot wait for this pin

I think it would be hard to get soundalikes for characters that are more or less just using their own voices....but I bet you could get solid soundalikes for the more "charactery" voices like Gollum.

#794 7 years ago

Man, every time I see multiple new post's I think great a video or some new pic's etc. What do I get but little kiddie arguments that do not help anyone especially the updates for The Hobbit and JJP. Please just updates for a game that we all are excited about and looking forward to adding to our collection. Please.......................

#795 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Man, every time I see multiple new post's I think great a video or some new pic's etc. What do I get but little kiddie arguments that do not help anyone especially the updates for The Hobbit and JJP. Please just updates for a game that we all are excited about and looking forward to adding to our collection. Please.......................

New to Pinside and JJP threads aren't you!

Sadly, this is the way it has been for quite awhile, endless pettiness, trolling, and agendas galore.

#796 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think it would be hard to get soundalikes for characters that are more or less just using their own voices....but I bet you could get solid soundalikes for the more "charactery" voices like Gollum.

This is true. Brock Baker (McGoiter on youtube) does an excellent Gollum/Smeagol impression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1m28s&v=H5AeobvGtrw

#797 7 years ago

If Pappy & Kirk are done fighting maybe Ice & PW79 can carry the torch

The first rule about Hobbit update club

There are no updates

#798 7 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

New to Pinside and JJP threads aren't you!
Sadly, this is the way it has been for quite awhile, endless pettiness, trolling, and agendas galore.

Well I had no interest in WOZ so I am new to JJP threads but have experience as I am a Predator pre-order guy and those threads are not much better believe me.

#799 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Yes it is.

193644.jpg 26 KB

Lol now that was funny.

Now back to The Hobbit. Blu-ray is out today so ....... Unless people are living under a rock...

Can we see something ?

#800 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well I had no interest in WOZ so I am new to JJP threads but have experience as I am a Predator pre-order guy and those threads are not much better believe me.

Trust me the predator thread is like puppy dogs and ice cream compared to any jjp thread.

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside