47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 201.
#7751 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Get out while you still can!
I heard the last investors finally read all the JJP posts on pinside and bailed. It's only a matter of time ...

I'm trying to decide if I want to still wait wait wait or get a stern with wrinkled decals. Help me decide.

#7752 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

I heard the last investors finally read all the JJP posts on pinside and bailed. It's only a matter of time ...

I'm trying to decide if I want to still wait wait wait or get a stern with wrinkled decals. Help me decide.

#7753 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

#7754 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

#7755 8 years ago

Love the "improved" Pinside that does not show that you successfully posted so you re-post over and over.....

#7756 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Love the "improved" Pinside that does not show that you successfully posted so you re-post over and over.....

Just a glitch in the matrix.

#7757 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Quoted from Skyemont:

Quoted from Skyemont:

Quoted from Skyemont:

Quoted from MrBally:

double_double.jpgdouble_double.jpg

#7758 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

More likely that the new money is used to buy more WOZ parts. New investors are there to make money. There is money to be made selling WOZ right now. No money to be made selling the first 1500 or so Hobbits.

So are all the Hobbit pre-orders fully paid up now? If not there's still some money to be made in collecting the outstanding balances when the games ship.

#7759 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

That's okay. Gives me a chance to give four thumbs up to the same post.

Can't do that very often.

#7760 8 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Why do you think the first made TH's will be for people who prepaid?

Good point. It will probably play out similar to the way WOZ did. Everyone knew who the first handful of preorders were, so they got their machines first. The unboxing threads of a few dozen well connected pinsiders appeased the masses. Then when details of who was next in line were more sketchy, that's when Jack started pulling all the shenanigans, telling yarns about the many people who traded in their LE's for standards, and all these "distributors" who were secretly day one orders of a bunch of standards even though standards and distributors weren't announced until well after the preorders. With Hobbitt already having distributors and standards available very early on, it will be easier to play this game. The result is the same. Most of the preorder buyers or as Jack stated in the JPop thread "investors" (who should be happy with the journey on its own merits and not be surprised or too upset if they get stiffed) are in for a very long wait while new money jumps the line faster than a fake cripple and their entourage of 10 on a Disneyland ride.

#7761 8 years ago

I do hope Hobbitt turns out to be fun because WOZ sure wasn't. But why the heck did they copy the Fish Tales ramps/captive ball design. And pop up MM trolls as inlane hurry ups? Balcer?

#7762 8 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

If there was never any money problems then why wouldn't the parts already be in the factory and the Hobbit pins be rolling down the assembly line?

I meant that in a sarcastic way, guess I forgot the smiley face. I have always claimed they were having money issues ever since woz

#7763 8 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

If there was never any money problems then why wouldn't the parts already be in the factory and the Hobbit pins be rolling down the assembly line?

I meant that in a sarcastic way, guess I forgot the smiley face. I have always claimed they were having money issues ever since woz

#7764 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Exactly. So u mean to tell me if Jack did not get this financial backup the hobbit was doomed?

Absolutely. All the signs were there. Pimping an older game and selling it out from under people who preordered a game years ago. Some of the heavy hitters in the industry saying he was late with sending payments (refusing business or credit). The negative D&B rating which never improved which explains everything you needed to know. People refusing to ship him any parts because he owed them money. The drunken ramblings on Pinside, banning a member on his own site for quoting a post he said.

I wouldn't have expected the company to survive a few more months. People asking for refunds, even hardcore JJP enthusiasts backing out. All the signs were there JJP was a sinking ship. The investors truly were a saving grace to JJP. However lest we forget the JJP lawsuit which is still going on. That could make or break things for the company regardless of the investors. Also if what someone said on the last page about the current investors backing out because of reading certain posts on Pinside, that will be the final nail I think. As far as I know ( and I have no inside knowledge) things are going better for JJP, no recent insulting drunken posts on Pinside. Looks like things are shaping up and hopefully people that have been waiting years for something that was supposed to be out years ago will finally be happy. Only then and till then will the speculation end. If JJP does survive to make game #3 and there is a pre pay model for that game, I expect lots of good funny posts to read on Pinside over my lunch break.

#7765 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I do hope Hobbitt turns out to be fun because WOZ sure wasn't. But why the heck did they copy the Fish Tales ramps/captive ball design. And pop up MM trolls as inlane hurry ups? Balcer?

I hope the Hobbit turns out to be as fun as WOZ WOZ will go down as one of the best game of this generation regardless of what Pinsides regular WOZ / JJP bashers say. Also, WOZ is one of the most loaded, feature packed, fun and best software supported pinball machine ever created. There's a reason JJP continues to sell them.

#7766 8 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

I wouldn't have expected the company to survive a few more months. People asking for refunds, even hardcore JJP enthusiasts backing out. All the signs were there JJP was a sinking ship. The investors truly were a saving grace to JJP.

Gee, if we're gonna spec on stuff, I heard that JJP was making soooo much money that investors wanted to jump on board. They are now making an offer to buy Stern. All the signs are there....

#7767 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Gee, if we're gonna spec on stuff, I heard that JJP was making soooo much money that investors wanted to jump on board. They are now making an offer to buy Stern. All the signs are there....

I think you have JJ confused for KK.

#7768 8 years ago

Sorry guys. I posted once.

#7769 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Sorry guys. I posted once.

I thought the funny thing was that people that wanted to down vote you did so even on the double posts to make sure their disapproval was consistent and thorough.

Made me chuckle anyway.

#7770 8 years ago

What ever became of Balcer, anyway? It was odd that he left well before the game was finished. Did he ever land on his feet somewhere?

#7771 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yup...everything points towards that, since everyone who preordered has their hobbits, JJP has not raised their price on games since the initial price point, pinside is flooded with Hobbit unboxing videos and JJP is already cranking out game #3 and designing game #4. Sounds reasonable

#7772 8 years ago

"pinside is flooded with Hobbit unboxing videos"

Huh?!?

#7773 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What ever became of Balcer, anyway? It was odd that he left well before the game was finished. Did he ever land on his feet somewhere?

The first red flag was when Balcer left over a year ago. The game design clearly wasn't finished, yet JJP brushed off his departure saying it would have no effect on Hobbit development, because the game design was already finished. Well how'd that work out at Expo 2014?? Add up all the BS and the coming delays were clear as day.

#7774 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

The first red flag was when Balcer left over a year ago. The game design clearly wasn't finished, yet JJP brushed off his departure saying it would have no effect on Hobbit development, because the game design was already finished. Well how'd that work out at Expo 2014?? Add up all the BS and the coming delays were clear as day.

Finished to Balcer would still be what happened, its just that he had a shitty design.

#7775 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hope the Hobbit turns out to be as fun as WOZ WOZ will go down as one of the best game of this generation regardless of what Pinsides regular WOZ / JJP bashers say. Also, WOZ is one of the most loaded, feature packed, fun and best software supported pinball machine ever created. There's a reason JJP continues to sell them.

Agree! I've owned mine since 1-2013 and play it way more than my other 3 pins combined lately. Only MM is seeing any reasonable play time in comparison. But like anything, not everyone likes the same thing. Some do like the WOZ theme or what a faster game, etc. I believe TH will be great, possibly even better having played several game on it.

#7776 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Finished to Balcer would still be what happened, its just that he had a shitty design.

I do not know all what went wrong. But it cannot be that one person is blamed for that. It was a team that failed.

For me it has gone far enough to cancel my pre-order. Totally lost interest in TH.

#7777 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

"pinside is flooded with Hobbit unboxing videos"
Huh?!?

You really need to brush up on your sarcasm...

#7778 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's a reason JJP continues to sell them.

Its likely because its the only game they make and it took years to make that one.

#7779 8 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Its likely because its the only game they make and it took years to make that one.

Yeah, people keep buying them because it sucks and its the only game they make.

I'm thinking its because its a great F ing pin! Yep. But then again, maybe people just flush dough down the toilet?

#7780 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

But then again, maybe people just flush dough down the toilet?

Lots of that going around with all the vapor pins.

#7781 8 years ago

The JJP trolls need to move on and/or come up with some new more creative BS.

Or not, nobody cares. Been 5 years now.

#7782 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Lots of that going around with all the vapor pins.

Yeah man, that Predator pin was some vapor shit wasn't it?

Maybe that's why its better to get something real?

Oh shit, maybe you are talking about Lebowski? Alien? Lotta vapor out there

#7783 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah man, that Predator pin was some vapor shit wasn't it?
Maybe that's why its better to get something real?
Oh shit, maybe you are talking about Lebowski? Alien? Lotta vapor out there

You are the expert, Ill wait for you to answer your own questions.

Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 10.13.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-08-21 at 10.13.07 PM.png

#7784 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The JJP trolls need to move on and/or come up with some new more creative BS.

get-your-pies-for-the-great-pie.gifget-your-pies-for-the-great-pie.gif

#7785 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You are the expert, Ill wait for you to answer your own questions.
Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 10.13.07 PM.png

Oh shit, thanks Flanker for pointing that out, forgot all about it

But that's some funny shit anyhow So that's what "vapor" is?

#7786 8 years ago

Don't down vote me iceman - I'm on your team

right!? Aw, the hell with it......

EDIT: after up vote

#7787 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

right?

He gets in a down voting mood when he drinks a lot.

#7788 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

right?

Ok, back to an up vote for you Goronic!

#7789 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah, people keep buying them because it sucks and its the only game they make.
I'm thinking its because its a great F ing pin!

Sucks?
People buy things becasue they want it, if they sell it it, its for a reason.
Not sure what the factory wait or price is but plenty of WOZ's for sale here or on Mr.Pinball.

A TV commercial said "two out of six struggle with the effects of diarrhea".
That means 1/3 of the people were OK with it apparently.
Some people are OK with WOZ and some people are OK with the leaky brown stuff.
To each their own.

YMMV & Lighten up Francis.

#7790 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

He gets in a down voting mood when he drinks a lot.

The ignored user flags mean someone is on a bender

#7791 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yikes.... Hopefully they fare better than the last pinball startup you vouched for....

#7793 8 years ago

Here's another flag for you.

What did I miss, just woke up from my bender

Hard to hit the right up or down vote when your drunk.

How do you even type out the right spelling? Drunken talent?

#7794 8 years ago

What the heck does

Quoted from iceman44:Here's another flag for you.
What did I miss, just woke up from my bender
Hard to hit the right up or down vote when your drunk.
How do you even type out the right spelling? Drunken talent?

What does your drunken talent have to do with a Hobbit update??

#7795 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

What the heck does

What does your drunken talent have to do with a Hobbit update??

Well it could be an indication as to why Jack has to ban his own supporters from his Hobbit forum.

#7796 8 years ago
Quoted from jams77:

Well it could be an indication as to why Jack has to ban his own supporters from his Hobbit forum.

I've talked to Jack about that one, and Jack was really upset about taken content from the owners group and sharing with non-owners on Pinside. It would be nice if people typed the facts, from talking to the guy directly, rather than heresay and speculation.

#7797 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I've talked to Jack about that one, and Jack was really upset about taken content from the owners group and sharing with non-owners on Pinside. It would be nice if people typed the facts, from talking to the guy directly, rather than heresay and speculation.

...or if people just shut up when they're asked to shut up. I hear stuff, and I hear stuff because people know I don't talk. Sometimes owners are asked to keep it amongst themselves, and they don't do it. It's his forum (like this is Robin's), so I don't blame him for getting miffed.

#7798 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

OT: I simply quoted another post that had been posted here on Pinside.. I took nothing from the JJP forum and brought it here.

I was quoting this post from fantasy goat as someone was asking about it so I quoted it, the guy could of simply gone back a few pages on the thread and found it on his own (I guess I should of let him)

Quoted from jwilson:

Comments from Jersey Jack on this whole thing:

Quoted from Concretehardt:

Here is the letter from Jersey Jack for those that missed it:

#7799 8 years ago

OT: I simply quoted another post that had been posted here on Pinside.. I took nothing from the JJP forum and brought it here.

Yeah, Jack may have been upset (and if the terms and conditions say no reposting the person that actually did the reposting might have expected a response) but it sounds like Jack banned the wrong guy!

Rules aside, it's also hard to understand how Jack could post something inflamatory on the internet and expect it to remain "private." He's been around long enough to know better.

#7800 8 years ago

I was quoting this post from fantasy goat

And I was quoting someone on another board, who may have gotten it from the JJP forums, but I don't know because attribution was missing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/156 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.