47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 201.
#7601 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So...the music sucks, though. Right?

Love the music when Sea of Simulation starts....

#7602 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think the music and call outs are fantastic myself

#7603 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's not music that I listen to otherwise but it fits the theme and I enjoy it while playing.

#7604 8 years ago

double post

#7605 8 years ago

Please update thread title to "Tron Thoughts".

#7606 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

I sure hope that Stern does a TRON VE / Premium... there - this is now another TRON VE thread

#7607 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You've got to be joking. The music is awesome. Tron LE has probably the best sound/music package of any pin. Daft Punk multiball music is epic.

#7608 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

4. Open up the second line that they have plenty of space for in the factory and build both.

Only if they have the man power. Has the second line ever been used?

#7609 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

I think we all wish there was something to talk about hobbit wise

#7610 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You've got to be joking. The music is awesome. TRON LE has probably the best sound/music package of any pin. Daft Punk multiball music is epic.

The daft punk music is very repetitive. If you like their music you'll be happy. I don't

#7611 8 years ago

This thread makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills

#7612 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

1. Halt production of WOZ to build 1500 or so Hobbits costing millions of dollars while taking in no money.
2. Continue building WOZ and taking in new money while putting off Hobbit production for as long as possible until preorder customers literally show up with their torches and pitchforks.

Option 1 will actually take in more money if they start production of Hobbit. Sales will increase if they can get them out there.

There are infinitely more potential sales to people who were smart enough to wait and not preorder. They ain't buying until they see the thing.

#7613 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Only if they have the man power. Has the second line ever been used?

Not that I know of. There was no need when they were only running WOZ. I'm hoping to see what the scoop is at the open house next week. And of course, looking forward to playing Hobbit again.

#7614 8 years ago

TRON is awesome because it actually exists. Keep on wishing your Hobbit arrives by end of 2016.

#7615 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Love the music when Sea of Simulation starts....

Quoted from Goronic:

I think the music and call outs are fantastic myself

Quoted from vicjw66:

You've got to be joking. The music is awesome. TRON LE has probably the best sound/music package of any pin. Daft Punk multiball music is epic.

So...the game play sucks, though. Right?

#7617 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

TRON is awesome because it actually exists. Keep on wishing your Hobbit arrives by end of 2016.

Thanks for your concern, Flank. But I'm not even thinking about it. I have a couple other machines coming to hold me over.

Glad we established that people agree the gameplay and music sucks on Tron.

And now, back to The Hobbit.

#7618 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Glad we established that people agree the gameplay and music sucks on Tron.

Do you really think you are being funny with this stuff?

#7619 8 years ago

Nope. Dead serious. Why?

Does everybody have to agree with you?

#7620 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nope. Dead serious. Why?
Does everybody have to agree with you?

Dead serious that "we established that people agree that the gameplay and music on Tron suck"

What are you smoking?

#7621 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Agree. I will (though I don't expect it this year - certainly 2016)

#7622 8 years ago

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...how bout' those Mets??

#7623 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Dead serious that "we established that people agree that the gameplay and music on Tron suck"
What are you smoking?

Now you know how people feel when you say the same thing about WOZ and XMEN

For the record I think Tron is awesome.

#7624 8 years ago

Whether I'm in the majority or minority I have no clue, but in my opinion Tron is one of the best games ever made. For me, it has the one more game factor more than anything I've played.

I sold my Hobbit spot for one, but I hope TH is awesome. I'm looking forward to playing the production version and I'm sure I'll end up with one at some point.

#7625 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Whether I'm in the majority or minority I have no clue, but in my opinion Tron is one of the best games ever made. For me, it has the one more game factor more than anything I've played.
I sold my Hobbit spot for one, but I hope TH is awesome. I'm looking forward to playing the production version and I'm sure I'll end up with one at some point.

I'm with you 100% - Tron is my favorite pinball I've ever played. Period.

I know Hobbit is going to be spectacular in its own way, but it's going to be a long time before anything surpasses Tron...for me at least.

#7626 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I know Hobbit is going to be spectacular in its own way, but it's going to be a long time before anything surpasses Tron...for me at least.

I hear ya. I really like that Tron has two side shots for the upper left flipper. The Hobbit looks pretty cool but the upper right flipper doesn't have a single side that can be made from it. I'm sure it will be used for skill shots and some other modes but that isn't as interesting as games such as Tron, XMEN, and TZ that have shots that can only be made from an upper flipper.

#7627 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Agree. I am getting the hobbit - and I really think I will like it. I also plan to own some VErsion of TRON in the future.

#7628 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Agree. I am getting the hobbit - and I really think I will like it. I also plan to own some VErsion of TRON in the future.

So you don't plan on owning Tron? That's really a shame. It's a great game, and you can get one NOW! Actually you could have been enjoying it for 4 years now.

#7629 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So you don't plan on owning Tron? That's really a shame. It's a great game, and you can get one NOW! Actually you could have been enjoying it for 4 years now.

I will get a TRON Pro or LE next year, whether there is a VE or not. My house is being renovated to include a basement barcade that will be finished in a few months. I will then have room for my own pin I am so looking forward to it!

For what its worth, if my wife wouldn't have minded a pinball machine in the guest room I would have a TRON today

#7630 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I will get a TRON Pro or LE next year, whether there is a VE or not. My house is being renovated to include a basement barcade that will be finished in a few months. I will then have room for my own pin I am so looking forward to it!
For what its worth, if my wife wouldn't have minded a pinball machine in the guest room I would have a TRON today

Huzzah!!!

#7631 8 years ago

Its a long time, next year.
Next year she means no.

#7632 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Its a long time, next year.
Next year she means no.

Next year is a yes - she isn't saying no to a pin (already paid for the hobbit), just that I would have to place it in a guest room (or dining room, or living room, etc.). I am okay with that, as now it will be in a whole floor of the house dedicated to pins, arcade machines, and a large movie/tv room!

#7633 8 years ago

5275497916_82071178f9_b.jpg5275497916_82071178f9_b.jpg

#7634 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Now you know how people feel when you say the same thing about WOZ and XMEN
For the record I think Tron is awesome.

What are you talking about??

I have never once made the statement that "we established that people agree that the gameplay and music on WoZ (or XM) suck" as though a well established consensus existed, which is what Beelzeboob was doing.

#7635 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I am okay with that, as now it will be in a whole floor of the house dedicated to pins, arcade machines, and a large movie/tv room!

I recommend ditching the arcade machines and movie/tv room and utilizing that space for more pins!

#7636 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

5275497916_82071178f9_b.jpg

The chills, every time!

#7637 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What are you talking about??
I have never once made the statement that "we established that people agree that the gameplay and music on WoZ (or XM) suck" as though a well established consensus existed, which is what Beelzeboob was doing.

Oh, it's a consensus, all right. WOZ ranks above both versions of Tron in the top 100.

#7638 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Oh, it's a consensus, all right. WOZ ranks above both versions of Tron in the top 100.

Well played

EDIT: though I think TRON is better than WOZ - by a nano byte

#7639 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

#7640 8 years ago

Strong "words." Way to defend your argument with an emoji. Why not mix in an "lol" with a dash of "omg" and deal Boob a mortal blow? When I look back over the vista of years and consider history's celebrated rhetorical virtuosos, I think of Homer. I think of Shakespeare. I think of Vonnegut. I think of RobT. Keep up the scintillating posts, big fella'.

(p.s. - Tron is a top 50 pin at best, and the lighted ramps on the LE are tantamount to putting perfume on a pig. And the art package? I'd prefer if it was designed by Jackson Pollock.)

#7641 8 years ago

This may have been answered but will there be a new code revision for Jack's open house?

#7642 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#7643 8 years ago

The music in tron ruins it.

#7644 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

The music in tron ruins it.

The best audio in any pinball machine? You mean that one?

#7645 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I owned Woz for well over a year. I played Tron Le on location weekly for 2 years. There is no comparison. As far as BOM quality and just looking at it, WOZ was the clear winner. After pressing the start button Tron was the only winner. It's just a question of what you prefer.

#7646 8 years ago

BTW heres what the proceeds of the WOZ sale helped to fund..... Of course, thanks to Jacks public statements about no warranty transfer and refusal to upgrade early games with known defects with the appropriate fixes, I did take a bath on WOZ.

And if anyone comments about first world problems, or looks like someone has a case of the mondays, I am going to have my driver (pinchroma) transport Lawrence to your residence for a good talking to.

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg
image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#7647 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

BTW heres what the proceeds of the WOZ sale helped to fund

Is that a Mustang LE?

#7648 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Is that a Mustang LE?

Sadly, no. My brother has the LE. This is a refinery edition. But when i was 15 and saw a beat to hell 66 convertible C code V8 for sale sitting outside a redondo beach house collecting dust and leaves(top was rotted completely away) for $3000 bucks in 1987 i begged my dad to help fund it. I had $1500 saved from working for the city painting fences since I was 13. I asked if he would pay half. He went with me to look at it, flashed $2700 cash and said take it or leave it. The owner took it. My dad let me keep my $1500 and freshman year of college painted it for me as well. Its 25 years later and due for another paint job, which will be done this winter. The WOZ helped fund the ford racing motors crate engine and Tremac T5 transmission.

#7649 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The best audio in any pinball machine? You mean that one?

No we mean the one with audio straight off the movie soundtrack and no original clips at all. And I owned Tron for 5 months and I love the movie. There is only so much daft punk one person can listen too with no variability.

P.S. No Separate Ways.. Booooooooo.

#7650 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Strange so the top 100 ratings are correct? But yet you do not have MM as your top game?

I own WOZ and like it. I don't feel the need to bash other games to justify owning it though.

Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Strong "words." Way to defend your argument with an emoji. Why not mix in an "lol" with a dash of "omg" and deal Boob a mortal blow? When I look back over the vista of years and consider history's celebrated rhetorical virtuosos, I think of Homer. I think of Shakespeare. I think of Vonnegut. I think of RobT. Keep up the scintillating posts, big fella'.
(p.s. - Tron is a top 50 pin at best, and the lighted ramps on the LE are tantamount to putting perfume on a pig. And the art package? I'd prefer if it was designed by Jackson Pollock.)

I don't put much stock into someone that has TOTAN rated as a 10. A nice looking and good game, but come on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Hardware
Pinball Haven

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/153 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.