47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 201.
#7401 8 years ago

Ah Damn. All the playfields were made upside down. There goes another 3 months

#7402 8 years ago

Really!? He posted a picture of a defective playfield? I hope it's an anomaly.

#7403 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Really!? He posted a picture of a defective playfield? I hope it's an anomaly.

Looks like they are closely inspecting them - and will get that one corrected or replaced. I bet they will be extra careful with the PFs they send out.

#7404 8 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Tron is a good example

TRON is an awesome game for sure. But I actually did like the movie

#7405 8 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

I own a tricked out LOTR. It's a great game, but not without faults. Clunky right ramp, path of the dead is lame, music is really lofi and synthetic. The Hobbit will be a whole new world and not just for Tolkien fans. in a pinball it's not important how great the movie was. It's just important that the theme pulls you into the world and makes you want to complete modes and see more. The Hobbit world is really cool and so are the characters. The movies have enough action and that's all you need. Tron is a good example. Movie was OK but it's a great theme for a pin.

...but its it $9k cool? Most people don't care about LOTR's 'faults'...it's stood the test of time and the theme is great. $4k-$5k gets you one, so the price is still "reasonable"....and, it was ~$3500 a few years back. If a pinball is $9k, it damn well matters if you're attached to the movie/theme. People buy Shadow because it's a great game @ ~$2k. No one would pay $9k for Shadow, no matter how great the game is. Theme is massively important with NIB pinball, especially as prices rise.

#7406 8 years ago

The warg toy looks the best to me. Here is the spider. I don't think it was posted in the first batch of pics.

11755707_1021518801200049_6522854504608558996_n.jpg11755707_1021518801200049_6522854504608558996_n.jpg

#7407 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

The worg toy looks the best to me. Here is the spider. I don't think it was posted in the first batch of pics.

11755707_1021518801200049_6522854504608558996_n.jpg

I think I may grab a red marker and put some 'eyes' on the spider...

#7408 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Looks like they are closely inspecting them - and will get that one corrected or replaced. I bet they will be extra careful with the PFs they send out.

I totally agree with you. I just don't think after all the delays and criticism they've taken, that posting a defective playfield would benefit them. Come out and show that you rectified all and any issues and are now ready to start building machines. Showing this defective playfield only makes me think what it will look like after 4000 plays like that WOZ.

#7409 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I totally agree with you. I just don't think after all the delays and criticism they've taken, that posting a defective playfield would benefit them.

It was probably just a mistake to post it with a 'defective' playfield labeled. I certainly understand it is a hot issue with some WOZ owners for sure.

#7410 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

#7411 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Ah Damn. All the playfields were made upside down. There goes another 3 months

No, those are headed to Australia.

#7412 8 years ago

Wow! For a pinball that is never going to be made (/s), them's sure is a lot o' parts!

#7413 8 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Wow! For a pinball that is never going to be made (/s), them's sure is a lot o' parts!

Remember all those pictures of part and cabinets posted by SkitB???

Just sayin'.

#7414 8 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

It's all photoshop tricks.

Never going to happen.

#7415 8 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

It's all photoshop tricks.
Never going to happen.

That is some GOOOOD C.G.I.!
JJP=Jersey Jack Pixar!

/s

#7416 8 years ago

So this is where we're at for the production of Hobbit?

10 playfields (at least one with a defect)
Boxes of trolls
Some corrected back glasses
Unfinished sound and voice recordings

Sad....just sad.

#7417 8 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Sad....just sad.

Here is what is sad: that you care so deeply about a pin you're not getting. Pathetic, actually. Or are you just jealous? Hobbit will be epic!

#7418 8 years ago

Or more likely he just has a connection to Stern.

#7419 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Here is what is sad: that you care so deeply about a pin you're not getting. Pathetic, actually. Or are you just jealous? Hobbit will be epic!

I'm not getting? No one is getting this pin at this rate. Jealous of what? A pin that doesn't exist except at shows? There were handfuls of spots for the LE at $7500 in the past few months. It was very tempting as I am excited for the theme, but I'm no fool and who the hell knows when this thing would make it to my door.

Also the layout is a bit disappointing. Yet the sound, software, and visuals (amazing LCD content) package is somewhat making up for it.

I'm still interested in picking one up, but will likely be 2nd hand.

#7420 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

No, those are headed to Australia.

The US ones also came in

432818.jpg432818.jpg

#7421 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Last I checked, I have full RGB lighting on my Stern Premium TWD?

Wrong, TWD LE/Pre had a few inserts and nothing in the GI. R u working for Stern?

#7422 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

The US ones also came in

432818.jpg

Those could be for Canada. Look for single coin slot doors in the background

#7423 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

You may be right - and for me personally - I cannot justify spending $8k-$9k on a pinball machine. If I won the lotto - okay - but until then (or until it is a business for me) I'm priced out of this market.
I have played both LOTR and The Hobbit and can honestly say it truly is the difference between driving a Chevy or driving a Rolls.

Just for a different perspective, LOTR made much more of an impression on me the first time I played it, than when I first played Hobbit at NWPAS in June. I played Hobbit half a dozen times at NWPAS and got decent scores 150K+ a couple of times, started the dragon multiball multiple times in one game - long enough to get a reasonable feel for a 2-ball game I thought. By comparison, when I first played LOTR I was much more excited to play it again vs my feelings with Hobbit.

I'm curious if my opinion changes once I get to play Hobbit more and understand the modes. I have to say, the backglass LCD doesn't do much for me: I'm watching the playfield, and only peek up when I have a chance, like the start of multiball. The rest of the time, I'm mostly oblivious to what's on the LCD (or LED display whatever it is).

I think Heighway and Multimorphic have the better idea: the display embedded in the playfield seems far more useful to me.

If I were to buy one, as it stands today, I'd go with LOTR. I hope to own one at some point. Still look forward for Hobbit to appear, but wouldn't pay $1 to play it, when I can play LOTR, or Star Trek, Sopranos (other games I enjoy) for 50c.

Ron

#7424 8 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

So this is where we're at for the production of Hobbit?

10 playfields (at least one with a defect)
Boxes of trolls
Some corrected back glasses

Not quite. You are seeing a heck of a lot of parts being stock piled for going into production.

Go to the open house in August and see for yourself.

LTG : )

#7425 8 years ago

Oh, there are many, many, MANY, more than mere BOXES of trolls around here...

#7426 8 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Oh, there are many, many, MANY, more than mere BOXES of trolls around here...

I remember seeing a bunch of boxes of trolls in Australia years ago. Just sayin'.

#7427 8 years ago

How many Limited editions are being released?

#7428 8 years ago
Quoted from TantricWisdom:

How many Limited editions are being released?

I think it is 1500 LEs and I don't know how many SE's (but less than 1500)

#7429 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not quite. You are seeing a heck of a lot of parts being stock piled for going into production.
Go to the open house in August and see for yourself.

August 29th? What time?

#7430 8 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

August 29th? What time?

I don't believe they have set the hours yet. I'm sure we'll know soon.

#7431 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah...but in this case, I really like the Chevy. Does that make me a bad person?

No - a bad dog!

#7432 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Pinterest...what say you?

OK - so LOTR is more like a Lexus than a Chevy - but I'd still say Hobbit is a Rolls.

#7433 8 years ago

Hope there's more vids like this after JJP's Open House.

1618512_1016097705075492_7914027235020638013_n.jpg1618512_1016097705075492_7914027235020638013_n.jpg

#7434 8 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

August 29th? What time?

See BoozeMarlin's post. 10am to 4pm.

#7435 8 years ago

Looks nice

#7436 8 years ago

New pics from JJP's Facebook page. Not sure why Jack keeps throwing good money at this doomed project but, nah just teasing! Congrats on the progress JJP!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#7437 8 years ago

Do we have any idea how many Hobbits will be rolling off the line once production starts? On a related note, is there a way to know where in line we will be based on our distributor? (Trying to gauge if I'll see my SE before Christmas or not. I'm currently doubtfully optimistic )

#7438 8 years ago

Are PF's routed out before or after the ink/clear?

I never thought of that before but here I see some with holes & some without.

#7439 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

yeah, I was surprised to see that too. Even inserts are in, including L O C K rollovers, before routing complete. Surprising.

#7440 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Before. That photo makes zero sense to me. Maybe it's some kind of test thing or wall art? No idea. You definitely don't print, clear, and then go "okay, time to route those holes!"

#7441 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Before. That photo makes zero sense to me. Maybe it's some kind of test thing or wall art? No idea. You definitely don't print, clear, and then go "okay, time to route those holes!"

That's a tall stack of unrouted playfields. I'm not familiar with what 100 PF's in a pile look like but I'd imagine it's close to what's shown in the pic.

What if it's just 1 real PF and all the others are merely sheets of foam?

If my wife left me I'd prolly go to strip clubs with fat stacks of blank paper & a $100 on top/bottom

I'm humorously trolling right now guys.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#7442 8 years ago

That was really surprising for me to see too. If they screw up the routing somehow then you just wasted all that paint and clear. Not to mention the routers will f up the clear. Makes no sense to me.
Edit-thats probably just a test print. I doubt all those others underneath are printed because you would not stack that many freshly cleared playfields on top of each orher. Would you?

#7443 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

That's a tall stack of unrouted playfields. I'm not familiar with what 100 PF's in a pile look like but I'd imagine it's close to what's shown in the pic.
What if it's just 1 real PF and all the others are merely sheets of foam?

Lol, TH-PF-Stack-gate!

I was just surprised youd stack that many PFS on top of each other without spacers...seems like theyd be suspectible to scratching that way- but who knows...

Photos of Boxes of parts still eerily reminds me too much of Skit-B. Im looking forward to seeing:
Machines on the line, and
Machines out the door!

Im guessing JJP will be trying to photo-op #1 during the open house at least....

#7444 8 years ago

Looks very odd to me! There not playfields as other folks have chipped in there are no holes!

So just a print on wood, well 1 is at least the other who knows.....

If this was meant to build confidence its done the opposite for me.

#7445 8 years ago

Speculation is an ugly thing!

#7446 8 years ago
Quoted from Atlgills:

Speculation is an ugly thing!

Well Jack can come on here with an actual explanation and have every word he types taken out of context and ridiculed any time he wants...

Quoted from lowepg:

Boxes of parts still eerily reminds me too much of Skit-B.

I rest my case.

#7447 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You do to test tac and ball testing and clear testing before running production playfields

#7448 8 years ago

I didn't look at that picture long enough to notice it was not routed, but I did find it odd they were all stacked on top of each other like that.

I've already been jpopped once this year, it better not happen again here.

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

#7449 8 years ago

How long do playfields need to cure after clearcoat is applied? Can they be installed in a pinball machine within weeks?

#7450 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

The US ones also came in

432818.jpg

Given all the speculations about PF being ruined by all the speculators in this thread...
Where are you getting these pictures?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/149 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.