47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 201.
#7001 8 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

Did Jack really say that those who paid thousands of dollars to JPop for one of his pins got what they paid for?
Is this serious?

tumblr_mgzq4usgnq1s24fizo2_500.giftumblr_mgzq4usgnq1s24fizo2_500.gif

#7002 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Take it to PM ya big P***y

Another name? Sigh. Maybe you should take the multiple thread ejects as a hint that your behavior in JJP threads is unacceptable? Also, I don't want to argue with you in PM. There's no point and I don't argue with people that are disrespectful on that level. Just let people discuss The Hobbit in peace here and in other JJP threads.

It sounds like new Hobbit updates are coming this weekend!

#7003 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

These trolls have no dog in the hunt, if you are not buying the games, why are you here?

I'm pretty sure Jack isn't a Zidware customer either, so by your logic, what is he doing commenting on it?

I can see the other side of the argument that Jack was just commenting on a sad situation, seeing Popaduik as a broken man and feeling bad for him and his family. But Popaduik made his own bed and this is the price of laying in it, and seeing that the largest thread in Pinside history is about Popaduik failing, maybe commenting on it at all isn't in anyone's best interests. I know I feel bad being involved now.

And, as the CEO of the 2nd largest pinball manufacturer, Jack needs to understand his words carry significant weight in the collector community. And, as someone who's had his fair share of negative comments on the Zidware situation, I'm at the polar opposite end on JJP and the Hobbit - I'm very confident Hobbit is going to be rolling off the line soon enough based on what evidence I've seen.

I look forward to seeing it at my friend's homes - the same friends who bought WoZ when it was just a dream, and lost five figures on the dream of Popaduik.

#7004 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I'm pretty sure Jack isn't a Zidware customer either, so by your logic, what is he doing commenting on it?
I can see the other side of the argument that Jack was just commenting on a sad situation, seeing Popaduik as a broken man and feeling bad for him and his family. But Popaduik made his own bed and this is the price of laying in it, and seeing that the largest thread in Pinside history is about Popaduik failing, maybe commenting on it at all isn't in anyone's best interests. I know I feel bad being involved now.
And, as the CEO of the 2nd largest pinball manufacturer, Jack needs to understand his words carry significant weight in the collector community. And, as someone who's had his fair share of negative comments on the Zidware situation, I'm at the polar opposite end on JJP and the Hobbit - I'm very confident Hobbit is going to be rolling off the line soon enough based on what evidence I've seen.
I look forward to seeing it at my friend's homes - the same friends who bought WoZ when it was just a dream, and lost five figures on the dream of Popaduik.

Jack didn't post here!! Someone once again, took his conversation meant for a whole different audience and threw it up here to feed the trolls. Besides, he does have a dog in the hunt, JPOP is/was a peer. His conversation on the matter was as a peer to JPOP, on his OWN forum and was sympathetic to the trials and tribulations of a pinball maker's startup and how those challenges can easily be too much for someone without all their ducks in a row and is challenging at best for those that do.

His comments were supposed to be between him and his group on the JJP board. He had asked that he speak for himself here and not have everything he confides to his constituents automatically uploaded to be picked apart, analyzed, scrutinized, criticized and turned upside down as it always seems to be. He's quite capable speaking for himself here when it's appropriate to do so and does quite often.

Now, about the Hobbit, looking good no?

#7005 8 years ago

I don't want to sound callus but I don't really care what Jack has to say regrding JPOP or Stern or any other manufacturer, if The Hobbit plays as good as it looks with a talking dragon and four pop ups, LCD and a great rule set then I'm in, as for Jacks personality? Who gives a shit.

#7006 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Take it to PM ya big P***y

Nice work ejecting Flank from the thread. I would consider a permanent eject as he brings nothing to the table save hollow complaints and empty remarks. Dude clearly has an agenda against JJP and feels a constant need to crap on everyone else who is excited about what will prove to be an awesome pin. See ya, chief.

#7008 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Nice work ejecting Flank from the thread. I would consider a permanent eject as he brings nothing to the table save hollow complaints and empty remarks. Dude clearly has an agenda against JJP and feels a constant need to crap on everyone else who is excited about what will prove to be an awesome pin. See ya, chief.

I usually agree with you but on this I just don't. He's got a right to say what he wants (I'd rather he didn't say it though!) and you have a right to use your ignore button.

#7009 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Jack didn't post here!! Someone once again, took his conversation meant for a whole different audience and threw it up here to feed the trolls. Besides, he does have a dog in the hunt, JPOP is/was a peer. His conversation on the matter was as a peer to JPOP, on his OWN forum and was sympathetic to the trials and tribulations of a pinball maker's startup and how those challenges can easily be too much for someone without all their ducks in a row and is challenging at best for those that do.

You don't post anything on the internet without full understanding that it may end up used elsewhere and it is not protected. It might have been his own forum but he does not own the internet and there is no way to stop sharing of content.

Jack seems like a nice enough guy. He just needs to not post on forums period as his words are like vinegar to most people. Have someone that already works for him with good PR skills handle it. A good rule is to never comment on competing businesses in your field. If he wanted to say something it should have been "It's an unfortunate situation and I feel bad for everyone involved. JJP is working hard to get The Hobbit out and looking forward to game #3 soon. Thanks for all of your continued support"

#7010 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You don't post anything on the internet without full understanding that it may end up used elsewhere and it is not protected. It might have been his own forum but he does not own the internet and there is no way to stop sharing of content.
Jack seems like a nice enough guy. He just needs to not post on forums period as his words are like vinegar to most people. Have someone that already works for him with good PR skills handle it. A good rule is to never comment on competing businesses in your field. If he wanted to say something it should have been "It's an unfortunate situation and I feel bad for everyone involved. JJP is working hard to get The Hobbit out and looking forward to game #3 soon. Thanks for all of your continued support"

Post 7000 (after some were deleted) yes, I agree, one must assume people will take your posts no matter what your intent or wishes. I would not call it sharing though, sharing is something you do willingly. People can be.. something. Anyway enough on the subject for me, I can see by the up/down vote on my post we are pretty evenly split with the usual detractors taking an opposite position to what I'm stating. that's cool. I will go ahead and follow my own moral compass. Do unto others so fourth and so on.

#7011 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't want to sound callus but I don't really care what Jack has to say regrding JPOP

You don't care what the owner of a company that has all this money in pre orders thinks about another one going bust? Especially when he says its not on John?

#7012 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

His comments were supposed to be between him and his group on the JJP board. He had asked that he speak for himself here and not have everything he confides to his constituents automatically uploaded to be picked apart, analyzed, scrutinized, criticized and turned upside down as it always seems to be. He's quite capable speaking for himself here when it's appropriate to do so and does quite often.

“The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching.”
― John Wooden

#7013 8 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

“The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no oJohn spends ne is watching.”
― John Wooden

"John spends too much time in the bathroom"
-Mrs. John Wooden

#7014 8 years ago

That letter by Jack has me wondering about the state of JJP itself.

Jack's posts always read like someone who is on the edge of total failure.

And we all know that The Hobbit pre-order money went to WOZ.

#7016 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You don't care what the owner of a company that has all this money in pre orders thinks about another one going bust? Especially when he says its not on John?

I've never read the letter, where is it?

#7017 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Someone once again, took his conversation meant for a whole different audience and threw it up here to feed the trolls.

Ah. So it's written for fanboys and they think it's a good post? The koolaid is definitely spiked if that's the case.

#7018 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I've never read the letter, where is it?

Post 16,239 in the JPop thread is one of the places it is posted.

#7019 8 years ago

If JJ was in huge trouble they wouldn't have made all those improvements to the Hobbit. They would have pulled a Stern. Instead, they made the Hobbit great. If they were in huge trouble, they wouldn't be developing Lawlor's game. I hear thats swimming along. I think it's been rough, but they have a chance of making some money once they build the first run of Hobbits. I think they will sell as much as 3000 by next Xmas. It's that ground breaking. And then there is Lawlors game. I'm a huge fan, so I have high hopes.

#7020 8 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

If JJ was in huge trouble they wouldn't have made all those improvements to the Hobbit. They would have pulled a Stern. Instead, they made the Hobbit great. If they were in huge trouble, they wouldn't be developing Lawlor's game. I hear thats swimming along. I think it's been rough, but they have a chance of making some money once they build the first run of Hobbits. I think they will sell as much as 3000 by next Xmas. It's that ground breaking. And then there is Lawlors game. I'm a huge fan, so I have high hopes.

Time will tell.

#7021 8 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

If JJ was in huge trouble they wouldn't have made all those improvements to the Hobbit... They would have pulled a Stern.

"pulled a Stern"

You mean shipped a machine?

Not really sure "pulling a Stern" is the insult you'd like to make it seem....

No reason to bring Stern into this....

#7022 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

We have all said things we regretted that were not intended to be offensive.

While managing a company trying to sell a retail product ?

Posting something negative in a public form travels at light speed...........especially if it comes from someone in the industry.

#7023 8 years ago

Update and 10k by Xmas

#7024 8 years ago

I think the flow of this game will be awesome.

Cant wait.

#7025 8 years ago

Really guys? Stern v JJP? Why not just tone down the troll level on both sides. It's pinball, it's all good. I am into pinball to have fun, bashing someone else in the hobby is not fun to me. I have several Sterns, WPCs, EMs, even a few old gun games. Personally I spend most of my time on pinside in the EM arena. Much nicer atmosphere there. Perhaps it's the demographic & maturity level of the folks that dig EMs. Nobody but nobody tearing anyone down. Gottlieb fans, Williams fans, Bally fans, United, etc.. it's just about sharing their love of the hobby and helping each other out. Free parts shared, help and advice given. I venture into the more modern pin areas on occasion as well as I enjoy them too. I like to see what's new and different but it's just crazy trying to have a reasonable exchange here. Seems to be more static than substance. So which smartass will be the first to show their true colors and maturity and beat me up for calling it like it is and my call for peace...

#7026 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Cant wait.

Flow ??? that's funniest thing I've read this week.

#7027 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Cant wait.

I'm finally going to play it tomorrow, so I can't wait!

#7028 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

So which smartass will be the first to show their true colors and maturity and beat me up for calling it like it is and my call for peace...

Irony.

#7029 8 years ago

I got to play it at the Northwest Pinball show. Beautiful game and fun to play and just watch.

I'd rather put my money towards The Hobbit than a MMr and I love MM.

#7030 8 years ago

'Hope there's good news this weekend - 'would love to hear from someone going to Pintastic.

#7031 8 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

I got to play it at the Northwest Pinball show. Beautiful game and fun to play and just watch.
I'd rather put my money towards The Hobbit than a MMr and I love MM.

Awesome to hear. It sounds like we haven't even seen any of the user interaction features yet such as controlling the kickback, the middle ramp divertor and the subway with the "ring" button. Also, I don't think we have heard any of the 34 tracks that Two Steps From Hell has created for the games modes as well as the multiple versiosn of the "Old Friends" theme. Well maybe one with the games current main theme. Then there's the custom Gandalf call outs that still need to be added which are hopefully approved by now. Oh and then there's there's the rest of the games modes, multiballs and wizard modes from Keith and Ted to go into the game alongside David's sound work and JP's FX work.

If the game is already fun to play just wait until all of the things above are in the game

#7032 8 years ago

Agree. I am really looking forward to everything they will add to this already great looking pin. Probably lots and lots of video clips still to come, also, on top of everything you mentioned above, PanzerFreak.

I am also really looking forward to seeing what Keith comes up with in the rules for the lockdownbar button. I feel that the extra button could be used for so much more than what Stern has done with it. This is not a complaint about Stern (hard to criticize "punch it" on Star Trek) but there is more potential there, I feel.

If they manage to utilize the left drain kicker(giving you a clean shot with the upper flipper etc.) and the diverter on the ramps to it's full potential, this could be one epic machine

#7033 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Awesome to hear. It sounds like we haven't even seen any of the user interaction features yet such as controlling the kickback, the middle ramp divertor and the subway with the "ring" button. Also, I don't think we have heard any of the 34 tracks that Two Steps From Hell has created for the games modes as well as the multiple versiosn of the "Old Friends" theme. Well maybe one with the games current main theme. Then there's the custom Gandalf call outs that still need to be added which are hopefully approved by now. Oh and then there's there's the rest of the games modes, multiballs and wizard modes from Keith and Ted to go into the game alongside David's sound work and JP's FX work.
If the game is already fun to play just wait until all of the things above are in the game

Yes, but where's the beer tap? If it's a great pin, some people will never admit it because of their hatred of Jack and hopeful JJP failure. Sad but true. They'll all of a sudden be miraculously missing from TH threads.

Really looking forward to the info coming out of Pintastic this weekend. Hope it's great news for those in on TH!!

#7034 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

'Hope there's good news this weekend - 'would love to hear from someone going to Pintastic.

I'm in line waiting to play it!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#7035 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't think we have heard any of the 34 tracks that Two Steps From Hell has created for the games modes as well as the multiple versions of the "Old Friends" theme. Well maybe one with the games current main theme.

To be clear, plenty of the music from TSFH is in the game already. There are 17 modes in the software that will be at Pintastic. Each one has its own tune. Mainplay, Smaug MB, Beast MB and Game Over themes (all by TSFH) have collectively been in there for quite a while.

The additional versions of "Old Friends" are in there as well, and have been for a long time. They've been shuffled around a bit, and David has extended some of them since they were first integrated in the game.

#7036 8 years ago

It stomped me a couple of games. It is much different than I expected (in a good way). Lots going on.

Oh, and I thought I'd hate the pop up trolls, but they are fun as hurryups.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#7037 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It stomped me a couple of games. It is much different than I expected (in a good way). Lots going on.
image.jpg

Is it hard to play with it laying on its side like that?

#7038 8 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

that depends. maybe they give you a nice, comfy bed cushion to lie on while playing it sideways. one problem is that the ball tends to head towards the left outlane all the time

#7039 8 years ago

But that's the way the pros play.

#7040 8 years ago

Not if you stand on the wall.

#7041 8 years ago

Maybe he slept wrong and has a crick in his neck.

#7042 8 years ago

Ok, I hung out at the game for a while. And sorry about the photo issue (stupid phone).

My first impression is that there is a ton going on. There is a LOT of info on the screen as you play. The Multiball startup is really cool, as are the locks. It's nice and wide open, and some of the shots are tough for me to dial in (having a hard time hitting the orbits because I'm hitting them at either side due to bad play).

I've played it three times so far, and I'm starting to like it. Still figuring it out, but I've got all day to try.

#7043 8 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Yes, but where's the beer tap? If it's a great pin, some people will never admit it because of their hatred of Jack and hopeful JJP failure. Sad but true. They'll all of a sudden be miraculously missing from TH threads.
Really looking forward to the info coming out of Pintastic this weekend. Hope it's great news for those in on TH!!

This post is total BS. I don't know if it's projection or what the problem is with people who call anyone who is not a cheerleader a hater. I bet there is not one in a thousand on this board that is hoping for JJP's demise. Yet still we have to put up with all these straw man arguments that we all want JJP to close up shop.

Here is some truth that you sychophants seem to be unable to understand. People don't like being lied to. People don't like being strung along by liars. People don't like when they are shit on after giving the shitter their money. Jersey Jack basically shit on all his customers by telling the JPOP victims that they "got what they paid for." Perhaps he was setting up for his own MAJOR FAIL announcement. Perhaps he was just sad and lashing out because he has been outed as a chronic bullshitter who can't live up to his promises. Perhaps Jack is just a dick.

I have said a couple of times that if JJ wasn't exactly how he is, WOZ may have never made it to market. Am I a hater, too?

"Hater" is just a pejorative that people who actually hate like to project onto others so they don't have to acknowledge their own psychological weakness and inability to state an objection in any meaningful way.

#7044 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

image.jpg

FIFY

426389-i.jpg426389-i.jpg

#7045 8 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

sychophants strung along by liars. shit on shitter . basically shit on .just a dick.

Wow, ignored.

#7046 8 years ago

I finally got to watch the last Hobbit movie last night, pretty decent...was hoping for a lot more Smaug though.

Love it when Oakenshield gets all crazy, reminded me of the JJP fanboys.

tumblr_niw024Byqv1sns9vwo1_540.jpgtumblr_niw024Byqv1sns9vwo1_540.jpg

#7047 8 years ago

Wasn't there supposed to be a big Jack announcemnet today?

any news?

#7048 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wasn't there supposed to be a big Jack announcemnet today?
any news?

I think he put everyone on ignore.

#7049 8 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

FIFY
426389-i.jpg

Sexy.

Wish you would have chosen a less prophetic screen shot though

#7050 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I finally got to watch the last Hobbit movie last night, pretty decent..

Believe me, the fascination does not last.
I think this is the weakest of the 3.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/141 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.