Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 201.
#6851 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Will JJP be at ReplayFX at the end of the month?

Saturday, August 1, 2015 4:30pm: Jack Guarnieri, Jersey Jack Pinball Seminar – Hall 407

Jersey Jack Pinball was founded because of a need that Jack saw in the industry for premium, no-compromise pinball machines. Games built with passion and games that are fun to play which will become treasured for years to come.

The first game that Jersey Jack built is The Wizard of Oz Pinball Machine. The game is now in full production with their next game The Hobbit in the wings starting in early 2015. JJP is also very proud to announce the collaboration of their next machine with the legendary pinball designer Pat Lawlor.

#6852 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Will JJP be at ReplayFX at the end of the month?

Yes.

#6853 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

The Hobbit in the wings starting in early 2015..

They might want to tweak that PR release text....

It hasnt been "early 2015" for quite some time now

#6854 4 years ago

"Early" would mean January to June. We're four days into "late 2015," so you're technically right.

#6855 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

They might want to tweak that PR release text....
It hasnt been "early 2015" for quite some time now

I just copied and pasted. Don't shot the messenger.

#6856 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I just copied and pasted. Don't shot the messenger.

I know- that's why I said "they" and not "you" might want to update that quote

#6857 4 years ago

Ill ask this (again) here since the other Hobbit update thread is not a real one apparently.

"Would like to know how long those back glasses set back delivery time frames."

Has there been any machines assembled besides the few prototypes?

#6858 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ill ask this (again) here since the other Hobbit update thread is not a real one apparently.
"Would like to know how long those back glasses set back delivery time frames."
Has there been any machines assembled besides the few prototypes?

I somehow doubt that back glass issues are delaying production. They could have everything built with fully playing games in lines waiting for the back glass replacements to arrive if that was the case.

I still think the game has a chance to be really good if it ever makes it to production. I however, have been over it for a long time and am very happy I got out of my preorder spot long ago.

#6859 4 years ago

If production was likely to start before say October wouldn't Jack have said so by now ?

#6860 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I somehow doubt that back glass issues are delaying production. They could have everything built with fully playing games in lines waiting for the back glass replacements to arrive if that was the case.
I still think the game has a chance to be really good if it ever makes it to production. I however, have been over it for a long time and am very happy I got out of my preorder spot long ago.

Yeah... Likely It was ONE item delaying things, and much easier to use a supplier screw-up as an excuse than to say, "shit guys, we're only 50% done on the code and were STILL waiting on some approvals from the licensor, etc"

#6861 4 years ago

I'm sure Jack will have news at the Pintastic Show. My guess is 2 - 4 weeks left on WOZ back orders, & then Hobbit starts going full bore. Like people have said for his open house you would expect Hobbit on the line.

#6862 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I know- that's why I said "they" and not "you" might want to update that quote

I forgot the

#6863 4 years ago

As long as the market continues to absorb all the WOZ production, Hobbit will be delayed for any and all reasons. As soon as the sales of WOZ falls off, all those excuses will magically become moot. It's expensive to convert or start a line to build prepaid machines.

But thanks for your patronage, pre-buyers!

#6864 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

They could have everything built with fully playing games in lines waiting for the back glass replacements to arrive if that was the case.

Wonder what kind of parts they are waiting on that are unobtainable? I assume the play field layout and whatever populates it is all finalized.

#6865 4 years ago

Page after page here.. No updates..
Why can't jjp do PR like heighway?

#6866 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

As long as the market continues to absorb all the WOZ production, Hobbit will be delayed for any and all reasons. As soon as the sales of WOZ falls off, all those excuses will magically become moot. It's expensive to convert or start a line to build prepaid machines.
But thanks for your patronage, pre-buyers!

Yup.... New Money will continue to trump the old (spent?) money as long as the prepay system continues....

Nothing quite motivates ANY seller or manufacturer to get their shit together as money still in the hands of the BUYER.

I hope JJP sells an ungodly huge number of these TH's (and more WoZ's too) so that they turn a pretty profit and they can bury the prepay model for JJP#3

#6867 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I hope JJP sells an ungodly huge number of these TH's (and more WoZ's too) so that they turn a pretty profit and they can bury the prepay model for JJP#3

I agree with this completely. The events of the past year have driven the market away from a long term prepay model. I think that the Stern model is an example of the limit of most buyers' patience with waiting for a game that they have paid for.

#6868 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I agree with this completely. The events of the past year have driven the market away from a long term prepay model. I think that the Stern model is an example of the limit of most buyers' patience with waiting for a game that they have paid for.

Yes, well I don't expect JJP to get to where Stern is quite yet.

I'd be OK with some MUCH more moderate deposit program vs this prepay model. Example:
$1,000 to reserve spot.
and then zero due until machine is build and ready to ship.

Obviously no deposit at all would be great, but a modest deposit would be a decent step towards that, IMO.

#6869 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I think that the Stern model is an example of the limit of most buyers' patience with waiting for a game that they have paid for.

Yup, pay for game, have it arrive 4 days later. Sounds like the perfect model to follow!

#6870 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

$1,000 to reserve spot.
and then zero due until machine is build and ready to ship.

Thats exactly what I have with my distributor here in Toronto, I can back out anytime or pruchase once they have them in stock.

#6871 4 years ago

I switched over my Hobbit deposit money to a WOZ 75th. So people can have a chance to play a brand new pin at Pintastic Show this week. I sold my WOZEC, & got a lot of shit from my wife. Didn't realise how much she, & everyone likes the game. That was way back with early code. Here is Jack today with the pin before it gets on a truck on Tuesday to the distributor bringing it to the show. I look forward to seeing Jack again, & to see what he has in store at his seminar.

John_Greatwich.jpg

#6872 4 years ago

My wife and daughter would shoot me if I sold my wozecle. This is NH. It's possible!

#6873 4 years ago

Hey did you know the Jonas Brothers wrote a song about the release date of "The Hobbit?" Check it out!!

#6874 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Hey did you know the Jonas Brothers wrote a song about the release date of "The Hobbit?" Check it out!!
» YouTube video

You just quoted a song by the Jonas Brothers.

Please deposit your man card at the door and exit in an orderly fashion.

#6875 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

It was just "research" for "The Hobbit" release date.

#6876 4 years ago

But you posted a video, it must be removed and then you must have a bath in pure vinegar. I recommend then listening to Slayer or Motorhead as a means to redeem yourself. Thank you for your co-operation.

#6877 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

My wife and daughter would shoot me if I sold my wozecle. This is NH. It's possible!

With a state motto like this one, I wouldn't be taking any chances either!

image.jpg

#6878 4 years ago

Back on topic, there is to be no discussion on this forum unless it directly related to the thread title.

#6879 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

When you're late, you shouldn't be throwing stones in glass houses.

#6880 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

When you're late, you shouldn't be throwing stones in glass houses.

That made absolutely no sense. You also obviously have no sense of humor.

And btw Star Trek sucks

#6881 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

And btw Star Trek sucks
» YouTube video

Stop trying to have a sense of humor. This site is only for very serious pinball things that we must all constantly fight about.

#6882 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

And btw Star Trek sucks
» YouTube video

Star Trek is awesome. I hope JJP lands the next ST license, in fact.

Midi-chlorians.

Oh, and, in order to stay on topic and not invite the wrath of certain unnamed entities, uh... so, any news about the Hobbit sticker on the top edge of the backbox?

There. That should do it.

#6883 4 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Star Trek is awesome. I hope JJP lands the next ST license, in fact.
Oh, and, in order to stay on topic and not invite the wrath of certain unnamed entities, uh... so, any news about the Hobbit sticker on the top edge of the backbox?
There. That should do it.

I'm still wondering if that sticker is really a placeholder for some type of cool feature that hasn't been announced yet. I heard that Jack announced the crystal ball toy for WOZ as a surprise.

At JJP's last presentation at the Northwest Pinball and Arcade show someone asked in the Q&A section if there is anything left on The Hobbit to be shown that isn't on the game today...Jack said yes.

#6884 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

At JJP's last presentation at the Northwest Pinball and Arcade show someone asked in the Q&A section if there is anything left on The Hobbit to be shown that isn't on the game today...Jack said yes.

Yeah, the plaque with your Edition number has yet to be revealed. I wouldn't get too excited. He's also stated over & over that the overall design was done.

#6885 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Wonder what kind of parts they are waiting on that are unobtainable?

I just found out, its the leg bolts.

#6886 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

f$%king Chicago Mafia!!!!

#6887 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

He should talk to Popadiuk. He can put his extensive leg bolt design experience to use.

#6889 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Yeah, the plaque with your Edition number has yet to be revealed. I wouldn't get too excited. He's also stated over & over that the overall design was done.

And it would be ready NOW!!

#6890 4 years ago

When was Hobbit announced and pre order money started to be accepted, anyone remember?

~early 2013?~

#6891 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

When was Hobbit announced and pre order money started to be accepted, anyone remember?
~early 2013?~

I like to say as early as December 2012.

Actually, December 12th 2012.

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/hobbit/index2.html

#6892 4 years ago

Also, JJP itself was announced on January 2nd, 2011 based on a Pinball News article date. The first WOZ's started shipping April 29th, 2013 again according to Pinball News. That is 848 days from announcement of JJP to the date posted on Pinball News about the first games shipping.

As for The Hobbit the game was announced November 30th, 2012. As of today it's been 949 days since The Hobbit was first announced based on the date of the Pinball News article below.

I'm a huge JJP fan but I don't know how in the heck it takes longer to build The Hobbit now that the company, factory and platform is in place then it did for WOZ to be announced and first shipped. I know that the games redesign took extra time, 6 months from what I heard, so that does play heavily into the delay.

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/jerseyjack.html

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/hobbit/index2.html

#6893 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm a huge JJP fan but I don't know how in the heck it takes longer to build The Hobbit now that the company, factory and platform is in place then it did for WOZ to be announced and first shipped.

It is slightly alarming, as in they didn't learn much from the first go around.....just saying....

I really thought there would be a few Hobbits trickling out since this past New Years.

Who knows, maybe they redeem themselves and can knock out 50+ a week once they start production.

#6894 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

It is slightly alarming, as in they didn't learn much from the first go around.....just saying....
I really thought there would be a few Hobbits trickling out since this past New Years.
Who knows, maybe they redeem themselves and can knock out 50+ a week once they start production.

I was very surprised to see the game shown in the state it was at last years Expo. WOZ was shown in a complete state May 26th, 2012, that was 510 days from JJP formation announcement. The Hobbit reveal at Expo was on October 16th, 2014 which is 685 days from its initial announcement.

Hopefully we hear some good news from JJP at this weeks show and that production is going to start very soon. It's time.

#6895 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

One can only hope. I will give you guys credit for having that much patience. I would of jumped ship a long time ago. But I have trouble waiting for packages to arrive in the mail that I ordered.

#6896 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I know that the games redesign took extra time, 6 months from what I heard, so that does play heavily into the delay.

Here's the disconnect for me:

Yes, the PF redesign impacted production....
But.... why is the software only 60% complete? (quote per distro that visited Jack a few weeks ago)
Why are they still waiting on sound approvals from the licensor?

To me, that's an indication that game was NEVER going to ship in Dec/Jan as Jack committed to with with "contractual obligation" story. The artwork and PF design is clearly not the ONLY thing that's hung-up production.

However, that's the most romantic story,
"It's delayed because we listened to you and made it better"

Sounds much better than,
"Crap, we f'ed up again trying to predict the schedule."

#6897 4 years ago

I heard they are changing the orange and red color of the dragon because it resembles the Confederate Flag and that's what's causing the delay.

#6898 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Here's the disconnect for me:
Yes, the PF redesign impacted production....
But.... why is the software only 60% complete? (quote per distro that visited Jack a few weeks ago)
Why are they still waiting on sound approvals from the licensor?
To me, that's an indication that game was NEVER going to ship in Dec/Jan as Jack committed to with with "contractual obligation" story. The artwork and PF design is clearly not the ONLY thing that's hung-up production.
However, that's the most romantic story,
"It's delayed because we listened to you and made it better"

I hear ya. I can't deny that the entire process of making The Hobbit seems, at least in my mind, to be taking longer then WOZ which is surprising as that game has a lot going on in it.

#6899 4 years ago

I placed my order on day one. It was November 26, 2012. I am very happy that Jack had the balls to redesign the game after the reception at Expo. It had to be a VERY difficult thing to do, but that decision saved The Hobbit and maybe even JJP. Thank you Jack! The wait will be well worth every agonizing day.

#6900 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

I will give you guys credit for having that much patience.

For the record Im not in anymore personally, I was nearly all paid up on Hobbit about a year ago, I set a deadline that if JJP wasn't showing any progress on producing Hobbit by end of June 2015 I would be out. After a few weeks of that thought process, I asked for a refund in ~mid-september~ 2014.

Glad I didn't go with my first instinct.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside