47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 201.
#6701 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Better off getting a tesla. It's faster . It also won't fall apart after a year or have regular electrical fires after a year Like everything that comes out of Chrysler.

Yeah, cuz Tesla's never catch on fire!

(and the Tesla is not faster than the Hellcat in the quarter mile)

#6702 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

...or turn into 100k bricks.

#6703 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

(and the Tesla is not faster than the Hellcat in the quarter mile)

It's actually significantly faster and only 1 tesla caught fire due to it striking a piece of rebar on the highway that punctured the battery to which tesla designed a titanium plate that now spans the entire underside of the car. Never happened again.

#6704 8 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Alex, would it be possible 5 or 6 people forgot to put oil in their engine? Or drain plug not tightened?

5 or 6 people with the same problem on the same stretch of road in a 5 month period with trucks that are less than a year old? Yeah.. No.

#6706 8 years ago

MOTOR TREND: P85D 0-60 MPH - 3.1SEC, 1/4 MILE - 11.5 SEC @ 126.2 MPH

Price as tested: 69,750

MOTOR TREND: Hellcat 0-60 MPH - 3.7, 1/4 MILE - 11.9 @ 123.2

Price as tested: 82,450

My driver was taking me to work when we came across another Grand Cherokee BBQ

#6707 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Price as tested: 69,750

Complete B.S. The P85D is $105K (feel free to subtract off $7,500 for the fed tax credit if you want). Look at Tesla's site for yourself if you don't believe me.

http://my.teslamotors.com/models/design

The P85D is "quicker" than the Hellcat by a hair in the quarter mile. The Hellcat is "faster" as it has a higher speed at the trap than the P85D. At the end of the day, they are both damn quick/fast and odds are you'll never fully take advantage of either of these cars capabilities.

For me the Hellcat has way more curb appeal than the Tesla which is fairly bland looking IMO. The Tesla doesn't need gas, which is pretty awesome, but I can buy a hell of a lot of gas for the $30K difference in price between the two cars. When all is said and done it comes down to what you like. Buy what you want to drive and in the end who cares about a tenth of a second or two.

EDIT: Here's a nice debate over these two cars merits in the June 2015 Motor Trend.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1504_2015_dodge_charger_srt_hellcat_vs_tesla_model_s_p85d/viewall.html

Their numbers:

P85D
0-60 = 3.2s
1/4 mile = 11.7s

Hellcat
0-60 = 3.7s
1/4 mile = 11.8s

#6708 8 years ago

There is plenty of proof of guys taking their stock Hellcats to the drag strip and slapping radial racing tires on, who have got 1/4 miles times in the high 10's. You can pick and choose numbers from various sources all day long to try to make your point. Motor Trend is not the final word when it comes to which car is faster in the 1/4 mile. There are many variables. Clearly the Tesla will be faster 0-60. That's where that electric motor really shines.

But from a purely aesthetics point of view, the Tesla looks like a nice luxury car vs. the in your face aggressive style of the Hellcat. And as mentioned, it costs a lot more than the Hellcat, so I'm not even sure why the two cars would be compared to each other as they aren't in the same market segment.

A better comparison would be with the Mustang GT500 (668HP, $55k) and the Camaro LT1 (580HP, $55k-$60k). The Hellcat is 707HP, $60k sticker (but dealers are still trying to charge $10k-$20k above sticker based on the high demand).

#6709 8 years ago

I copy and pasted the price as teSted backwards. The hellcat is cheaper but not by 30k.

Tesla turns way more heads. Especially around here. The hellcat is "meh, just another challenger".

While I agree the tesla looks are pedestrian given its performance it's still one of the fastest sedans on the planet without getting 9 mpg. And given the hellcat has an 18gal tank at 3.95 a gallon @ 9 mpg the cost of ownership is huge.

Cost of ownership on the tesla? Next to zero. Maintenance is free inside warranty and it costs about as much to charge it as brewing 2 pots of coffee

Well cost to charge for me is free but I digress.

#6710 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

And as mentioned, it costs a lot more than the Hellcat, so I'm not even sure why the two cars would be compared to each other as they aren't in the same market segment.

Exactly. It is the equivalent of me coming in and saying you should buy a ATS-V or CTS-V instead. They are completely different classes of cars. While there might be some overlap between their markets, for the most part they are filling different needs/wants.

#6711 8 years ago

Straight from the article that Alex posted:

"That'd be a great point if the Tesla wasn't $64,000 more than the Charger Hellcat. It would take you more than 30 years of driving the Tesla -- per the EPA -- until your electric car finally earned back its price premium".

#6712 8 years ago

start a new thread guys. this is supposed to be for Hobbit updates.

#6713 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I copy and pasted the price as teSted backwards. The hellcat is cheaper but not by 30k.

Wherever your numbers came from, they are completely wrong for the P85D.

I just went to the Dodge website. Base price for the Hellcat is $60K so the as tested price you listed is feasible depending on what options were factored in.

Going to the Tesla website reveals the P85D base price to be $105K then you can take off $7,500K for the fed tax credit to get it down to $97.5K. Still well over a $30K difference. Even taking into account the fuzzy math of $10K gas savings Tesla factors into their final price on the website (which is dubious at best) it still only gets it down to $87.5K which is still $5K above your as tested price.

#6714 8 years ago

The car talk is the most interesting thing in this thread in awhile.

#6715 8 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I met you at MGC KingPin, what can you tell me about TH delivery?

#6716 8 years ago

Agreed. Please start a new thread in the off topic section about this car matter.

#6717 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Agreed. Please start a new thread in the off topic section about this car matter.

Sorry, we didn't mean to derail the flood of new info coming in regarding The Hobbit!

#6718 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sorry, we didn't mean to derail the flood of new info coming in regarding The Hobbit!

Yes, Jack's latest post must have gotten lost in the car discussion...

#6719 8 years ago

The Tesla doesn't come CLOSE to 125mph in the 1/4. Try like 115mph. Which means the Hellcat is pulling about 2-3 car lengths on the Tesla every second. Take away the ridic electric launch and the hellcat blows the doors off the tesla in 99% of real world situations aka a highway race. Plus the hellcat sounds like pure sex!

Hellcat is the AC/DC of cars
Tesla is like the Josh Groban of cars

What do you want to be seen in?

#6720 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Roadrunner with a 471 Hemi.

LTG : )™

#6721 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I met you at MGC Kingpin, what can you tell me about TH delivery?

soon is what i was told. if anyone has newer information than that i would love to hear it myself.

#6722 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Tesla.. without a shadow of a doubt.

Along with my German and Italian stable. I wouldn't own one of those if someone else's money paid for it. I value real performance. Any schmuck can make a car go fast in a straight line, it takes real engineering to make it go fast around corners. Lets see that hellcat hit an 30' apex at 85 without rebounding and sending its driver nose first from pushing into a wall. Granted, american cars have gotten better given most of them are now tuning at the 'ring.

As a racing instructor, if someone brought that thing to watkins, limerock, vir, or pocono, I sure as hell aren't going to instruct in it. That much power and no road manners = instadeath. Ask the owners of the carrera gt's.

Rob, For someone who has owned an exige (I think or was it an elise), i'm shocked you would ever want something like this.

#6723 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Rob, For someone who has owned an exige (I think or was it an elise), i'm shocked you would ever want something like this.

Why? It's not like I don't have a complete understanding of what the car is, and what it is not. This is 100% pure unadulterated muscle! Nothing like it. Did I mention 707 horsepower from the factory?

I've owned plenty of great handling cars, like the Lotus Exige S and a Porsche Spyder (and a Third Gen RX-7 before those). Great fun! Love the handling of both of those cars. Both will *easily* out handle the Hellcat. Duh.

But neither one of them has anywhere close to the raw power that the Hellcat delivers. If you don't think that kind of raw power can't give you as much of an adrenaline rush as a slower but great handling car, I don't know what to tell you.

#6724 8 years ago

unless Hobbits are suddenly driving cars I don't give a fudge!!!

#6725 8 years ago

03b74c9b6adcb477fcff5ac2ac6836d887c5c36afab39b2c9ec09aae1e57dbe3.jpg03b74c9b6adcb477fcff5ac2ac6836d887c5c36afab39b2c9ec09aae1e57dbe3.jpg

#6726 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why? It's not like I don't have a complete understanding of what the car is, and what it is not. This is 100% pure unadulterated muscle! Nothing like it. Did I mention 707 horsepower from the factory?
I've owned plenty of great handling cars, like the Lotus Exige S and a Porsche Spyder. Great fun! Love the handling of both of those cars. Both will *easily* out handle the Hellcat. Duh.
But neither one of them has anywhere close to the raw power that the Hellcat delivers. If you don't think that kind of raw power can't give you as much of an adrenaline rush as a slower but great handling car, I don't know what to tell you.
» YouTube video

My e63s has 644hp 654/lbft after a tune and pipes, and can't turn for shit. It's boring as hell to be honest with you. I just would rather turn in and power out than just go fast in a straight line which you can't do much of anyway without going to a drag strip. Sitting around all day for 3-4 11 second passes is just not fun. I'd rather have 6-7 45minute sessions over a weekend (3-4 a day) where I can hit that same top speed you see at the dragstrip, over and over again.

#6727 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

03b74c9b6adcb477fcff5ac2ac6836d887c5c36afab39b2c9ec09aae1e57dbe3.jpg

LOL no.. not quite. It did sound pretentious but no its not like that. I travel a shit ton and I have a dedicated livery driver that gets expensed

#6728 8 years ago

Alex, while i appreciate you input on most things, i have been buying dodge products for 18 years now and have yet to have one catch on fire. i have owned
1 Dakota
1 Durango
6 Ram 1500
3 Ram 2500
all of these were purchased new and besides the normal wear and tear i have not had any major issues, but i digress.
Thanks for the hobbit pictures Joe. Hope to hear something big from Jack soon. Back on topic please.

Yet somehow you managed to go through 11 cars in 18 years.

#6729 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

03b74c9b6adcb477fcff5ac2ac6836d887c5c36afab39b2c9ec09aae1e57dbe3.jpg

Making more friends one comment at a time. Well, unless you own a jeep and have probably burned to death

#6730 8 years ago

I had to double check the title of this thread. Thought I clicked on the wrong one.

#6731 8 years ago

I've heard of carguments but this is just retarded.

Also, can one of the mods delete the linked games to this thread?

#6732 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Making more friends one comment at a time. Well, unless you own a jeep and have probably burned to death

Sorry we can't all be as popular as you.

#6733 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Did you mean to quote me? I'm not sure what you mean.

#6734 8 years ago

I have a friend with a tesla, and it is fast. I really wouldn't want a car that looks like a muscle car because they are police magnets. Same goes for cars that are weird or bright colors. You want a ticket? Go ahead.
I'll take a car that goes fast, performs well, and is a sleeper on the outside.

Ok...back to Hobbit.

#6735 8 years ago

Should we start a NEW HOBBIT thread?????

#6736 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Did you mean to quote me? I'm not sure what you mean.

Adding to your comment about our gregarious friend

#6737 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Adding to your comment about our gregarious friend

Ah, ok.

I was just ribbing him.

#6738 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've owned plenty of great handling cars, like the Lotus Exige S and a Porsche Spyder (and a Third Gen RX-7 before those). Great fun! Love the handling of both of those cars. Both will *easily* out handle the Hellcat. Duh.
» YouTube video

Love the lime green. Although I will say the P85D in insane mode has a crazy amount of acceleration. It's really quick, just not fast.

#6739 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Better off getting a tesla. It's faster . It also won't fall apart after a year or have regular electrical fires after a year Like everything that comes out of Chrysler.

Upvoted because my brother just got a Tesla and I had a chance to drive it.

Whoa. Like nothing else. Test drive one if you get the chance!

#6740 8 years ago

Go talk cars somewhere else, this is for The Hobbit regardless if there is new news or not.

#6741 8 years ago

nature-abhors-a-vacuum1.jpgnature-abhors-a-vacuum1.jpg

#6742 8 years ago

Guys, listen to the mod please?! Lets get back to worrying about the Hobbit delivery date

#6743 8 years ago

Untitled.pngUntitled.png

#6744 8 years ago

I'm debating ordering the jeep Cherokee tomahawk... Last week was annouced it's a go. 707hp motor and trany from hellcat but all wheel drive.. Zero to 60 will be 3.0 or under in a suv!!!

#6745 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

My e63s has 644hp 654/lbft after a tune and pipes, and can't turn for shit. It's boring as hell to be honest with you. I just would rather turn in and power out than just go fast in a straight line which you can't do much of anyway without going to a drag strip. Sitting around all day for 3-4 11 second passes is just not fun. I'd rather have 6-7 45minute sessions over a weekend (3-4 a day) where I can hit that same top speed you see at the dragstrip, over and over again.

You obviously like cars that look like half a belly bean. And comparing a Carrerra GT to a Hellcat is just hilarious.

#6746 8 years ago

you guys and these teenage cars...you need to get your grandpa on and swing one of these...or get 7 of them like me....oh, and you can fit a pin in the back...

DSCN3131.jpgDSCN3131.jpg

#6747 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Quoted from Roostking:You obviously like cars that look like half a belly bean. And comparing a Carrerra GT to a Hellcat is just hilarious.

what the hell is a belly bean. The e63 is a good looking car and the analogy was cars with tons of power that are death traps on the track. Since you likely have driven neither I can't see how you can comment further.

#6748 8 years ago

This thread is a complete joke now.

So much for Robin's post.

#6749 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Guys, listen to the mod please?! Lets get back to worrying about the Hobbit delivery date

Do people have to vocalize concerns about a delivery date that has not been announced? Or should we ask you for more information??

#6750 8 years ago

Okay, here is a Hobbit related question. I had the chance to play a few times in Allentown at Pinfest. At some point during a mode a ball shot out of the shooter lane and as soon as it was over top of the top left pop-up target the target popped up shooting up the ball up in the air (like a VUK) which then landed somewhere near Smaug. I assume this was total coincidence but can anyone confirm whether that is somehow coded to do that?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/135 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.