47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 201.
#6601 8 years ago

Dp

#6602 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I still wonder if the far left side of the game is complete as the brochure doesn't show the entire playfield. Perhaps some type of molding representing Smaugs tail is going on the far left rail? I did notice that the Hobbit flyer says "subject to change with or without notice".
The Wizard of Oz brochure is done extremely well, shows the entire playfield and explains the features on the game. The Hobbit flyer lacks the same punch in my opinion.
Hopefully each version of The Hobbit has it's own flyer created that shows more of the game then the current one. That approach was done with WOZ and it worked out very well.
flyer.JPG

I think the money has not gone to flyers or other means of 'paper pr'

#6603 8 years ago

I think that they are going to wait until the pin is done to update the flyer. The current one still talks about a spinning mountain and player controlled wind lance (which is now a ring button)

#6604 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I still wonder if the far left side of the game is complete as the brochure doesn't show the entire playfield. Perhaps some type of molding representing Smaugs tail is going on the far left rail? I did notice that the Hobbit flyer says "subject to change with or without notice".
The Wizard of Oz brochure is done extremely well, shows the entire playfield and explains the features on the game. The Hobbit flyer lacks the same punch in my opinion.
Hopefully each version of The Hobbit has it's own flyer created that shows more of the game then the current one. That approach was done with WOZ and it worked out very well.
flyer.JPG

I think that an upgrade to the current left top of the pin is wishful thinking ... but that does not mean that you are the only one wishing.

#6605 8 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I think that an upgrade to the current left top of the pin is wishful thinking ... but that does not mean that you are the only one wishing.

Totally agree on your statement. Here's to hoping there are some surprises yet to come PF wise.

#6606 8 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I agree with this, but (and I hate to say it) I bet Matt will provide mods like this after release. I think he will provide many hobbit mods (including bag end, smaug back and/or tail, improved gold pile, waterfall toy around back bumpers....)

#6607 8 years ago

I still think we have not seen all of Smaug yet.

#6608 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I agree with this, but (and I hate to say it) I bet Matt will provide mods like this after release. I think he will provide many hobbit mods (including bag end, smaug back and/or tail, improved gold pile, waterfall toy around back bumpers....)

That would be great!

#6609 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

That would be great!

Not for my wallet.

#6610 8 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Not for my wallet.

True, but TRON is modded out the wazoo by some . . . and that costs extra as well.

#6611 8 years ago

I have added a few excellent mods to my WOZ.

#6612 8 years ago

Oh man, my wife still doesn't know this is coming. I'm in so much trouble.

#6613 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Yes...but not for quite a while yet.

(I'm allowed to make that joke...I have one on order.)

#6614 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

A moment of silence for TimeBandit please....

#6615 8 years ago

I sure would like to see Jersey Jack Pinball provide some updates at reasonable intervals by someone who has a general idea how customer relations works. This weeks on end with no news is a bunch of nonsense. WOZ is a beautiful machine, a true masterpiece. I played The Hobbit prototype a few different times now as well and have no doubt it will be awesome. But Jack is really dropping the ball on PR and it's nauseating. He knows he needs help in that department, so why not get someone friendly and punctual on board. Can't we at least see a WOZ getting assembled, some parts arriving at the warehouse, a picture of some Hobbit parts or things getting assembled? It's getting to the point where I'm about to go from a believer to a hater. Do I really need to drive down to the factory and shake things up? Sit out there every day and report on whether or not Jack or anyone arrives there, or if any deliveries occurred, and who the vendors were? Some news is better than absolutely nothing! C'mon Jack, I love your games and your vision and you've been great to talk with but can't we make some kind of progress here?

#6616 8 years ago

thats a great idea, we need a field reporter to check out the factory to see whats going on and report back here

#6617 8 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I sure would like to see Jersey Jack Pinball provide some updates at reasonable intervals by someone who has a general idea how customer relations works. This weeks on end with no news is a bunch of nonsense. WOZ is a beautiful machine, a true masterpiece. I played The Hobbit prototype a few different times now as well and have no doubt it will be awesome. But Jack is really dropping the ball on PR and it's nauseating. He knows he needs help in that department, so why not get someone friendly and punctual on board. Can't we at least see a WOZ getting assembled, some parts arriving at the warehouse, a picture of some Hobbit parts or things getting assembled? It's getting to the point where I'm about to go from a believer to a hater. Do I really need to drive down to the factory and shake things up? Sit out there every day and report on whether or not Jack or anyone arrives there, or if any deliveries occurred, and who the vendors were? Some news is better than absolutely nothing! C'mon Jack, I love your games and your vision and you've been great to talk with but can't we make some kind of progress here?

Understand your frustration. I work in PR and honestly, there's nothing Jack can do that would really "ease" the pain. Here's why. From what I've seen following pinball over the past year and a half is this: Delays happen. It's not wise to put any date in people's head unless the games is ready for the line. That's how Stern does it. People were expecting this game in December and clearly that didn't happen. Jack and others have said it will ship soon and the latest projection is sometime in August/September. It's just a case where you have to be patient. It's not like you won't get a pin. If I were in on a Hobbit I would just be patient and wait for an update. I'd also tell myself that it may take months to get that update. I'd also sleep at night knowing JJP will deliver the game. Sometimes hoping JJP acting differently just makes people angry. Have to shift expectations since JJP will always be JJP.

#6618 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Understand your frustration. I work in PR and honestly, there's nothing Jack can do that would really "ease" the pain. Here's why. From what I've seen following pinball over the past year and a half is this: Delays happen. It's not wise to put any date in people's head unless the games is ready for the line. That's how Stern does it. People were expecting this game in December and clearly that didn't happen. Jack and others have said it will ship soon and the latest projection is sometime in August/September. It's just a case where you have to be patient. It's not like you won't get a pin. If I were in on a Hobbit I would just be patient and wait for an update. I'd also tell myself that it may take months to get that update. I'd also sleep at night knowing JJP will deliver the game. Sometimes hoping JJP acting differently just makes people angry. Have to shift expectations since JJP will always be JJP.

Wow, a nice thoughful post i agree with...what day is it??

#6619 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I work in PR and ...

um, please mark this post UNSAFE.

You now owe my $29 as I just spit ice tea out my nose and onto my wireless keyboard after reading this....

#6620 8 years ago

Yeah, I don't know what kind of meds Kaneda is on lately, but I want some.

Therapy must be doing wonders for him.

#6621 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

there's nothing Jack can do that would really "ease" the pain.

Sure there is - a real update, rather than coming in here to defend the brand against trolls, would be more than sufficient. I don't care if the Hobbit isn't being built in entirety yet, but I would like to know what parts / supplies / mechs / etc. is in progress or has been delivered and what is currently in motion. Even the daily total on how many WOZ were produced would be nice. Something would be better than nothing, which leads to rampant speculation and trolling.

#6622 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I work in PR...

You might want to consider hiring yourself. You have a PR problem.

#6623 8 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Even the daily total on how many WOZ were produced would be nice.

You're never going to see that from JJP or Stern.

#6624 8 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

thats a great idea, we need a field reporter to check out the factory to see whats going on and report back here

I'm on my way to the factory as we speak ! Happy to report back tomorrow with pics of the visit etc... Looking forward to get some alone time with the Hobbit as I never get to play it as shows when I have to work ! lol Just a casual visit on the fly since I was going to Philly tonight with my son to see Rush ! Talk about a fun day, huh ?

But I will tell you there is GOOD news coming from JJP on many fronts soon - be patient... I will leave official news to Jack of course. Hobbit is coming folks... and it will be worth the wait !

Hey and if you want to buy one we got all three flavors - Standard, LE, and Smaug for you ! : )~

Joe Newhart
JJP Distributor
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-3357-0042

#6625 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

But I will tell you there is GOOD news coming from JJP on many fronts soon - be patient... I will leave official news to Jack of course.

Joe, thanks for the update, and for once again reminding us why you're one of the few in the industry we can actually depend on. Would you like to borrow an extra stick from me so you can poke and prod Jack a bit to do a personal update for us while you're there?

#6626 8 years ago

Ha ha... Well Jack just text me that I need to bring a stick, now I get it... Too funny...

Things are good guys, little more patience... Had an hour and a half conference call with Jack Saturday and the future is looking good. Hang in there... The guy always ends up coming through time and time again. Nothing great comes easy...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#6627 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Happy to report back tomorrow with pics of the visit

yes! please lots of Hobbit pictures and feedback

#6628 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

image.jpg(Click image to enlarge)

Classic and very uplifting. Get R Done.

#6629 8 years ago

There are 601 pinsiders who own Woz and yet Jack just criticizes pinside

#6630 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

There are 601 pinsiders who own Woz and yet Jack just criticizes pinside

Should he not express an opinion?

#6631 8 years ago

I can totally see why he's not keen on pinside. Some people here shit on him and his business every chance they get.

#6632 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

.. Well Jack just text me that I need to bring a stick, now I get it... Too funny...

Wow, I'm famous now! You guys both rock. Thanks for all you do. And for the record, I have nothing but love for Jersey Jack Pinball and wish the very best for the future of that company and am very confident in what Jack is doing. I just wanted a taste of more frequent news and updates, that's all!

#6633 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Ha ha... Well Jack just text me that I need to bring a stick, now I get it... Too funny...
Things are good guys, little more patience... Had an hour and a half conference call with Jack Saturday and the future is looking good. Hang in there... The guy always ends up coming through time and time again. Nothing great comes easy...

image.jpg

Joe if i wasn't up to my ears in dev right now i'd swing by too

#6634 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

He can do what he likes.

For me some of the comments are too general and a bit unprofessional but let the show roll on

#6635 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I can totally see why he's not keen on pinside. Some people here shit on him and his business every chance they get.

Quoted from spfxted:

If he wants to criticize individuals that's his prerogative, but I don't like the jabs at "Pinside" as a whole since not everyone on Pinside is a jerk or an enemy of JJP. Personally I think he should limit the editorial content and just share facts and information.

#6636 8 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Sure there is - a real update, rather than coming in here to defend the brand against trolls, would be more than sufficient. I don't care if the Hobbit isn't being built in entirety yet, but I would like to know what parts / supplies / mechs / etc. is in progress or has been delivered and what is currently in motion. Even the daily total on how many WOZ were produced would be nice. Something would be better than nothing, which leads to rampant speculation and trolling.

See normally I'd agree and say, yes, be transparent and let people know what the delays are. Problem is this: there are literally thousands of parts on a pinball machine. And if Jack identifies the issues then you have an angry mob speculating about what's taking so long with that part. You also run the risk of having that mob go after the vendor. Jack owes those who paid a pinball machine, not detailed explanations on delays. Look I'd love it if there were some sort of "delivered by date" clause in pre-order contracts and if those dates were missed you got a discount.

Here is my question for people waiting. Do you have other pinball machines in your house? If so, just play and enjoy them and don't stare at these update threads (that never have any updates). Sometimes it seems like we get so caught up on wanting news when we know there is none. That makes the wait 10x harder. But we do it to ourselves.

Jack wakes up everyday and wants to get you the Hobbit more than you even want it. I'm sure of that.

#6637 8 years ago

I have a feeling that the Hobbit waiting journey comes to an end. Soon the dragon will spit his fire..............game on

#6638 8 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

If he wants to criticize individuals that's his prerogative, but I don't like the jabs at "Pinside" as a whole since not everyone on Pinside is a jerk or an enemy of JJP. Personally I think he should limit the editorial content and just share facts and information.

He's not silly enough to be talking to the whole of Pinside, for example I know he's not referring to me. But there is a core of people here who just love to yank his chain.

#6639 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

He's not silly enough to be talking to the whole of Pinside, for example I know he's not referring to me. But there is a core of people here who just love to yank his chain.

You're right.... I think he was only insulting the folks who dared to post on pinside during BUSINESS HOURs.... um.. oh wait...

#6640 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

if Jack identifies the issues then you have an angry mob speculating about what's taking so long with that part. You also run the risk of having that mob go after the vendor.

I agree with this and I see no need to point out who or what is causing a delay if it comes to outside vendors. I wasn't really looking for reasons why things are being delayed as much as I'm looking for some examples of progress happening with it. They could talk about parts that are there and ready and being assembled, for example. Or some video of a mechanism in action being tested. Or gameplay videos of The Hobbit out at the shows & etc. There's a lot of really awesome innovations on WOZ and the Hobbit that are worthy of talking about as well. They're both impressive engineering feats.

#6641 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Here is my question for people waiting. Do you have other pinball machines in your house? If so, just play and enjoy them and don't stare at these update threads (that never have any updates). Sometimes it seems like we get so caught up on wanting news when we know there is none. That makes the wait 10x harder. But we do it to ourselves.

Kaneda="Pinball LifeCoach"

#6642 8 years ago

There was no stick available so I beat the living shit out of him with a hammer. Lol... As usual Jack was more than happy to play along.

The mood at JJP is one of excitement !!! Good things are coming.

Pics and videos to follow...

Joe
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]

image.jpgimage.jpg

#6643 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

image_5.jpgimage_5.jpg

image_6.jpgimage_6.jpg

#6644 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

image_5.jpgimage_5.jpg

image_6.jpgimage_6.jpg

image_7.jpgimage_7.jpg

#6645 8 years ago

WOW....Can't wait to play this thing!

#6646 8 years ago

Nothing earth shatteringly new here as the game has been done. One comment Jack did make when looking at the rows and rows of parts is that to remember that 60% of the the Hobbit is made of same stuff as WOZ, and they are there. They are just working on some of the Hobbit specific stuff at this later stage.

I was very impressed with the Smaug figure, teeth, it's interaction to the game in speaking to the player. Very impressive. The coins and pillars and ramp decals finish everything off very nicely.

One picture is of Frank Becker who I met in person for the first time. What a great asset Frank and Lloyd are to JJP ! Incredible tech support service after the sale !

image.jpgimage.jpg
image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg
image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg
image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg
image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg
image_5.jpgimage_5.jpg

#6647 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Nothing earth shatteringly new here.

I was thinking the same thing, but thanks for the pics. Something is better than nothing!

#6648 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

There was no stick available so I beat the living shit out of him with a hammer. Lol... As usual Jack was more than happy to play along.
The mood at JJP is one of excitement !!! Good things are coming.
Pics and videos to follow...
Joe
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]

image.jpg

What the h e double hockey sticks is that playfield in the background? Is that Pat's game???

Edit: False alarm. It's just WOZ on its side.

#6649 8 years ago

Looks amazing, thanks for the pics!

#6650 8 years ago

Great pictures Joe. Thanks for taking the time to do this. One day closer...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 25.50
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/133 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.