Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 201.
#6151 5 years ago

The good news is the machine will ship with killer code.

I like the way Jack is straightforward and says what he thinks. I am so sick of people trying to tell others how to run their business. customer is always wrong as far as I'm concerned.

#6152 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I agree. People are overly negative when it's not necessary. Like that thread about what if Kiss is a failure. What's the point? No one has even played it yet.
But I do think there's a difference between being negative and realistic. The positivity and "stop being so negative!" thing went on for longer than it should have with Skit-B and Jpop.
There's a lot of real money on the line here, I think it's fair for people to want to hear some updates and answers. It might not be the answers they're hoping to hear, but they should at least get some kind of response, don't you think?
I really liked the recent (and long overdue) Q&A response from Dutch Pinball. We need more of that!

I have nothing but great things to say about DP. I think Lebowski is going to blow the lights out.

I have a BoP 2.0, and it blows my mind. Though I am a WOZ owner, AND and Hobbit SE preorderer, I'm SUPER impressed with what DP has done with the screen on BoP2.0 and TBL. That could be a great next step for Stern.

There is an awful lot of call for the large screen hi res back box, but I simply don't agree. You play the playfield, not the screen. I think the balance is perfect with DPs approach. Way better graphics, and slightly larger screen (on TBL)... Who needs more than that?!!! Ok. A little off topic.

As for what is worth getting upset about... Yep, my money is in here too. I wish I had my game. I wish I had more info. I'm just not that upset about it. I can understand why some are frustrated, but I don't think the answer is to rant and spew.

We are nowhere near the SkitB or Jpop level of clusterf$&@ here. The project is delayed, but it's progressing, licensed, has a production facility, is from a company that has actually made a machine... Etc etc.

I'm not saying anything new here. Just urging calm. This is going to be a great machine. I wish I already had it. I should already have it. That fact that I don't is a drag... But it's not ruining my day, my week, my month, or even my year.

#6153 5 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

The good news is the machine will ship with killer code.
I like the way Jack is straightforward and says what he thinks. I am so sick of people trying to tell others how to run their business. customer is always wrong as far as I'm concerned.

I disagree he lost me as a customer because of this off the cuff it's not my fault bs but you have 8k stuck behind somebody rumored to have done a parts to equity swap the sign of desperation - sleep well at night - no update for you

#6154 5 years ago

Lol

That is a shame

#6155 5 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

I like the way Jack is straightforward and says what he thinks.

Funny how despite Jack's record of failed deadlines and false claims "will be released with the third movie by contractual obligation" (and that's only one example...remember WoZ as well? First to pay get their games first?) people still say that.

#6156 5 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Funny how despite Jack's record of failed deadlines and false claims "will be released with the third movie by contractual obligation" (and that's only one example...remember WoZ as well? First to pay get their games first?) people still say that.

Some people just really like it when Jack gets salty with people, they find it charming or something, I dunno. Maybe they feel like it's some authentic Jersey thing. I don't think it's a particularly effective business strategy myself, but it's his company.

#6157 5 years ago

The game will be good when it finally ships - just a shame it is taking longer than we thought. I bet, like WOZ, that it will be worth the wait. I am still holding out some hope that I get mine this year. Heck not just me, but all the pre order customers.

#6158 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Sorry, but that's complete horseshit.
Jack is frustrated by the conjecture? He's 100% responsible for it though!
That's like taking a crap in the middle of your own living room and then complaining about the smell.

dang lowepg every once in a while someone comes up with a doozy and I laugh out loud.....this was one of those rare times

#6159 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Some people just really like it when Jack gets salty with people, they find it charming or something, I dunno. Maybe they feel like it's some authentic Jersey thing. I don't think it's a particularly effective business strategy myself, but it's his company.

While he can do what he wants it really puts me off when someone running a business acts like that on the net. I understand it's frustrating and he probably has numerous people asking silly questions or making claims all the time but replying with belittling and snarky comments turns me right off.

#6160 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

While he can do what he wants it really puts me off when someone running a business acts like that on the net. I understand it's frustrating and he probably has numerous people asking silly questions or making claims all the time but replying with belittling and snarky comments turns me right off.

I tend to agree with you, but I'm actually starting to disconnect Jack with the machine. I bet he's been diluted further than we know. I wouldn't be surprised if the company moves on into the future without him. Just thinkin' out loud.

#6161 5 years ago

Jack can be his own worst enemy, I think even he would tell you that, putting his foot in his mouth, or not knowing when to let a sleeping dog lie, are common occurrences. He simply does not communicate well on forums like these, it's just not his forte.

I'm a day 1 order for TH, and was in early on WOZ, so all the pre-order drama is old hat for me, and I've listened to various people piss and moan about how Jack conducts his business for almost 5 years now, and I doubt it's going to change much in the future. All I know is that Jack made an incredible game with WOZ, I think The Hobbit is going to be as good if not better, and until something concrete happens to change my mind, I will continue to support JJP, ignore all the speculation, and not worry about whether I like how Jack comes off on forums.

#6163 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I've listened to various people piss and moan about how Jack conducts his business for almost 5 years now

With one game out the door to show for it. I'm like everyone else and hope for nothing but the best but when I see a statement like that I think it kind of sums it all up. WAY too long without enough results and of course people are going to criticize and be frustrated. If he came out 4-5 years ago and stated I plan on putting out a game every 4-5 years, then I don't think we'd have much to complain about. That was not the message. Continued delays and lack of good updates is going to frustrate anyone especially that has been asked to pay their money upfront.

#6164 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Seriously, though, one has to wonder if remaining WOZ sales are enough to keep JJP financially solvent.
Expect pre-pay orders for Pat's game soon, despite what they've said in the past.

No you won't!

You will never see a pre order on pats game.

You will see Hobbit production line pics soon

#6165 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I tend to agree with you, but I'm actually starting to disconnect Jack with the machine. I bet he's been diluted further than we know. I wouldn't be surprised if the company moves on into the future without him. Just thinkin' out loud.

Well as a share holder how can it continue without him?

#6166 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

No you won't!

200.gif
#6167 5 years ago

No you won't!

Please lend me your crystal ball.

#6168 5 years ago

Watch this space!

#6169 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Jack can be his own worst enemy, I think even he would tell you that, putting his foot in his mouth, or not knowing when to let a sleeping dog lie, are common occurrences. He simply does not communicate well on forums like these, it's just not his forte.
I'm a day 1 order for TH, and was in early on WOZ, so all the pre-order drama is old hat for me, and I've listened to various people piss and moan about how Jack conducts his business for almost 5 years now, and I doubt it's going to change much in the future. All I know is that Jack made an incredible game with WOZ, I think The Hobbit is going to be as good if not better, and until something concrete happens to change my mind, I will continue to support JJP, ignore all the speculation, and not worry about whether I like how Jack comes off on forums.

If he does not change and get his marketing right I think he will be out of business pretty soon. With all the alternatives people do not going to take all that crap. Producing one game in 3 years isn't going to do it. I think JJP is very very lucky to have Pat's game coming. Otherwise I think a lot of people already would have abandoned the JJP ship.

#6170 5 years ago

June 1st
Watch this space!

I really hope you are right.

#6171 5 years ago

Do I get a free pancake or donut?

#6172 5 years ago

Do I get a free pancake or donut?

Whatever you like best As I live in The Netherlands I can not send it to you but we will work something out.

#6173 5 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Remember it well I do. Funny thing is I know the real story behind the first example and that distrib didn't tell the truth about the matter.

And neither did Jack!

#6174 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Between the F U that I'm taking from Jpop right now, and Jack acting like a dick about the situation here, I'm really fed up with this hobby. At this point I just feel like liquidating my collection and getting out. Sometimes this just isn't fun any more.

#6175 5 years ago

I am struggling with this whole thing.

I had a tech group out at my business last night. 20 people that have never been there. We fired up my WoZ and they were stunned at the machine. I happened to get lucky and start stacking both upper playfields in a multi-ball scenario at one time. They were stunned at the workmanship and the sophistication of that machine.

TH will be at the same level. Last October he rolled out a version of TH. Everyone barked and gave feedback. He adjusted and made some pretty significant changes. People liked the way things went. To think it was only going to extend the delivery timeline by a quarter or two was naive from both us and Jack. Thank goodness he listened and made a significant round of changes.

Jack is an optimist. Most entrepreneurs are. I am guilty of it as well. Back when I was a CIO, I would throw out timelines that were not going to be made. Thank goodness I had an IT Director that would call me on it and we would go public with the more realistic timeframes.

In the end, you guys will get a great machine. If you want out, ask for a refund. My guess is you will regret it though. I think there are a group of people that wish they would have stuck with WoZ. I still think that for the money (yes, as expensive as it is), WoZ is the best pin ever made. Period. And yes, I like the theme too. Very family friendly and was a perfect fit for my family and business.

Does Jack need to work on setting expectations better. YES! But frankly, he arguably has made the best product in the industry (version 1.0.) He has support that is second to none. Oh, and he has one of the best designers working on his third machine.

I would stick with it guys......there really isn't a close second out there. JJP's machines are in a league of their own (at this time). I mean Kiss has been announced with yet another DMD? Really?

Dave

#6176 5 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

I am struggling with this whole thing.
I had a tech group out at my business last night. 20 people that have never been there. We fired up my WoZ and they were stunned at the machine. I happened to get lucky and start stacking both upper playfields in a multi-ball scenario at one time. They were stunned at the workmanship and the sophistication of that machine.
TH will be at the same level. Last October he rolled out a version of TH. Everyone barked and gave feedback. He adjusted and made some pretty significant changes. People liked the way things went. To think it was only going to extend the delivery timeline by a quarter or two was naive from both us and Jack. Thank goodness he listened and made a significant round of changes.
Jack is an optimist. Most entrepreneurs are. I am guilty of it as well. Back when I was a CIO, I would throw out timelines that were not going to be made. Thank goodness I had an IT Director that would call me on it and we would go public with the more realistic timeframes.
In the end, you guys will get a great machine. If you want out, ask for a refund. My guess is you will regret it though. I think there are a group of people that wish they would have stuck with WoZ. I still think that for the money (yes, as expensive as it is), WoZ is the best pin ever made. Period. And yes, I like the theme too. Very family friendly and was a perfect fit for my family and business.
Does Jack need to work on setting expectations better. YES! But frankly, he arguably has made the best product in the industry (version 1.0.) He has support that is second to none. Oh, and he has one of the best designers working on his third machine.
I would stick with it guys......there really isn't a close second out there. JJP's machines are in a league of their own (at this time). I mean Kiss has been announced with yet another DMD? Really?
Dave

The changes to the Hobbit have nothing to do with the delay. This would have happened if everybody loved what Jack showed in October.

KISS does still have a DMD, but you know what? It's rolling off the line next week and people will have them in June. And you can get it for 3K less.

Don't Stern bash to cover up JJP's sins.

#6178 5 years ago

Never mind...

#6179 5 years ago

The changes to the Hobbit have nothing to do with the delay. This would have happened if everybody loved what Jack showed in October.

Though it may have shipped later than December anyway; however I do think that the changes made certainly had an impact on schedule.

KISS does still have a DMD, but you know what? It's rolling off the line next week and people will have them in June. And you can get it for 3K less.

Stern pins are very good (many of them anyway), but in my opinion JJPs are a cut above, and the prices reflect that. I certainly don't dislike Stern.

His point is that JJP seems to be more of a innovator, and to his eye (and others, but not all) JJP pins have a more modern feel. All just, you know, our opinions man...

#6180 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

If he has received a cash injection, shouldn't he announce? Even if he has been diluted big time, a cash injection is a positive.

#6181 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If he has received a cash injection, shouldn't he announce? Even if he has been diluted big time, a cash injection is a positive.

Number 1, it's embarrassing for a business man (especially with a successful product) to admit he (or his company) is broke.

Number 2, If he is broke before producing the first of a prepaid game run, he would be admitting that his business has already failed.

#6182 5 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Jack is an optimist.

Sorry, I have to call BS on this. An optimist says a machine will be out next month and delivers the machine a month or two late. Someone who is dishonest says the machines will be done in three months knowing there is no way they will in order to keep the customer's cash. Just watch the MPE video where he's asking when WOZ will ship. What a horrible poker face.

It's time people stop trying to excuse Jack's poor behavior and dishonesty. When you buy from JJP you know not to listen to anything said by Jack. You'll know what machine you're going to get when it's delivered. Many people love the machines and that cool. Stop making excuses for him. He is who he is. Quite frankly it's better he says nothing than to be dishonest IMO.

#6183 5 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Sorry, I have to call BS on this. An optimist says a machine will be out next month and delivers the machine a month or two late. Someone who is dishonest says the machines will be done in three months knowing there is no way they will in order to keep the customer's cash. Just watch the MPE video where he's asking when WOZ will ship. What a horrible poker face.
It's time people stop trying to excuse Jack's poor behavior and dishonesty. When you buy from JJP you know not to listen to anything said by Jack. You'll know what machine you're going to get when it's delivered. Many people love the machines and that cool. Stop making excuses for him. He is who he is. Quite frankly it's better he says nothing than to be dishonest IMO.

Amen.

Optimism ≠ Lying

It's sad that most people here are "OK" with not believing what Jack says about delivery. Its like, "hey, he's an awesome guy, is passionate about pinball, but hehehe, he lies hs ass off when it comes to delivery... *chuckle* good 'ol Jack.... you know... hey- he *IS* from New Jersey... hehe..."

Unfortunately it just further supports this "end justifies the means" shadiness.

#6184 5 years ago

There are a lot of dispersions being cast on Jack from people who are reading into comments posted on the interweb. I would say if people are really not happy call him up and talk to him man to man instead of just whinging on a pinball website. I did, and it certainly helped me to make a decision one way or the other.

#6185 5 years ago

And you can get it for 3K less.

I can get a KissLE for $4500 delivered? Sign me up. Oh, you can't? Well, I guess you lied.

#6186 5 years ago

Huh? I would love to know your source on this statement. To think that the changes that were made wouldn't change the delivery date doesn't make any sense. Sorry, have to disagree unless you can say how you know this.

Yup it is. It is a different class of product. These are not apples to apples.

I am not bashing Stern. They are great machines for the market they are going after. I own one. But what JJP has thrown out there is very different. Is it costing them time and market share, yep.

Guys I am not defending Jack.....or maybe I am now that I think about it.

But this entire thing is voluntary. When I listen to people gripe on these boards it sounds like you can't get your money back. You can. It is a simple phone call. In the meantime, it is what it is while he gets his act together.

To me, a great product is worth the wait. I would rather wait 2 years more than have a sub-standard product.....again, my opinion, my money.

Hopefully he gives a detailed update soon to help with the confusion though.

#6187 5 years ago

Jack if you are reading the forums, this would be a GREAT time to give people an update. Whether you think we will like the news (rolls out next month!) or hate the news (next year) I think you will make a lot of people happy by posting what we can expect. Thanks!

#6188 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I can get a KissLE for $4500 delivered? Sign me up. Oh, you can't? Well, I guess you lied.

Didn't say LE, dippy.

#6189 5 years ago

Didn't say LE, dippy.

Why buy a Kiss Pro when you can get an Avengers or TF "the pin" for $3000 less (and right now)? C'mon, let's at least attempt to talk apples to apples. Not that a Kiss LE is on equal ground with a JJP game, but at least it's in the ballpark more than a Stern Pro. FWIW, Kiss does look awesome...if only theme didn't blow.

#6190 5 years ago

Consider this.

Jack is building Ferraris

Gary is building Hondas

One takes considerably longer to build than the other.

#6191 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Consider this.
Jack is building Ferraris
Gary is building Hondas
One takes considerably longer to build than the other.

I think a better analogy is Jack is Preston Tucker; Gary is Ford.

but whatever...

#6192 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Why buy a Kiss Pro when you can get an Avengers or TF "the pin" for $3000 less (and right now)? C'mon, let's at least attempt to talk apples to apples. Not that a Kiss LE is on equal ground with a JJP game, but at least it's in the ballpark more than a Stern Pro. FWIW, Kiss does look awesome...if only theme didn't blow.

Just pointing out that Stern actually ships games....at different price points......something JJP seems to have trouble with

Learn.

#6193 5 years ago

Just pointing out that they've had nearly a 40 year head start.

#6194 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just pointing out that they've had nearly a 40 year head start.

+1

Joker_Why_So_Serious.jpg
#6195 5 years ago
61813969.jpg
#6196 5 years ago

Just pointing out that Stern actually ships games....at different price points......something JJP seems to have trouble with
Learn.

It's not their model to release games with different features. Making pinball machines is hard. WOZ gives JJP some leeway in my mind. I have 0 worry that I won't receive my Hobbit.

LOL! That's funny.

#6197 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I have 0 worry that I won't receive my Hobbit.

Zero worry that you won't receive your Hobbit because you can afford to take the hit if it's not made, or zero worry because you think there is zero chance that it won't be made?

#6198 5 years ago

SHOMER SHABBOS!

#6199 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Zero worry that you won't receive your Hobbit because you can afford to take the hit if it's not made, or zero worry because you think there is zero chance that it won't be made?

Well, both really.

At least I'm only out $1995 on the JPOOP deal. I'm glad I had the sense to cease payments to him long ago and ask for a refund. Never got or getting it but it could have been worse. It was a risk that failed. No one to blame but myself (and JPOOP). Live and learn. No more pre-orders!

#6200 5 years ago

I started a gofundme campaign to get all the money back that's been stolen from me through pinside preorders.

My goal is $50,000
http://www.gofundme.com/briqxw

Hobbit, Predator, Big Labowski, La Raza, Magic Girl, Aliens

Please help, any donation is appreciated.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending!
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 50.00
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside