47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 201.
#6051 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hey, anyone seen Beelzeboob?

Ya he poked his head in and looked around, he saw nothing new and left

This thread is is about 80 pages of nothing related to Hobbit updates, 40 pages of bitching about no Hobbit updates and 1 page of actual news on the game. This sucks, time for an update JJP.

#6052 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Here is an interesting 'perspective' - if you haven't seen it yet.
» YouTube video

Ugh. Do not watch if you have had more than one beer.

#6053 8 years ago

I called Jen after Allentown and asked about a Hobbit position and was told Aug production. Maybe..... I take that as cash flow could change everything.

#6054 8 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

I called Jen after Allentown and asked about a Hobbit position and was told Aug production. Maybe..... I take that as cash flow could change everything.

You need to be more specific. Is it August, 2015 or August 2016?

#6055 8 years ago

I wonder if there's a MORE eyerollingly-expected and overused retort in these threads than "what year"

Just goes to show you- humor is much harder than it looks.

#6056 8 years ago

Hobbit is coming and from what people keep saying, it's amazing. Part delays suck, but really, waiting for this isn't life or death...it's gonna happen and it's gonna be great.

#6057 8 years ago

I am sure hoping that one of the modes in the game features the skirmish between Galadriel, Elrond, Saruman and the nine witchkings at Dol Guldur. That is a great scene. As much as I dislike Saruman in LOTR, he kicks a$$ in that scene:

C'mon Keefer, make it so.

#6058 8 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I am sure hoping that one of the modes in the game features the skirmish between Galadriel, Elrond, Saruman and the nine witchkings at Dol Guldur. That is a great scene. As much as I dislike Saruman in LOTR, he kicks a$$ in that scene:
» YouTube video

Agreed. Great scene!

#6059 8 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

» YouTube video

That would be a good one...and/or a riddle mode between Bilbo and Gollum where you have to hit a specific drop target for the correct answers. Would also like to see a mode where Bilbo puts on the ring and the pf goes dark and you have to hit a certain amount of shots to relight everything. At this point am sure the modes have already been mapped out.

#6060 8 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I am sure hoping that one of the modes in the game features the skirmish between Galadriel, Elrond, Saruman and the nine witchkings at Dol Guldur. That is a great scene.

I didn't see the third movie. Was that in the theatrical release or is this some kind of outtake? Lots of the special effects look half-baked so I'm assuming this is something they never polished up for inclusion in the film?

Regardless, I'm sure Keith could do something fun with this (along with the "dwarves' flume ride" and various other "inspired by the book" scenes they packed in to fill nine hours).

#6061 8 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

That would be a good one...and/or a riddle mode between Frodo and Gollum where you have to hit a specific drop target for the correct answers. Would also like to see a mode where Frodo puts on the ring and the pf goes dark and you have to hit a certain amount of shots to relight everything.

I think you meant Bilbo but love both of these ideas (and it's hard to imagine that at least the first one won't be in the final game).

#6062 8 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

That would be a good one...and/or a riddle mode between Frodo and Gollum where you have to hit a specific drop target for the correct answers. Would also like to see a mode where Frodo puts on the ring and the pf goes dark and you have to hit a certain amount of shots to relight everything. At this point am sure the modes have already been mapped out

Great ideas! Hope the modes are as creative as this

#6063 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I didn't see the third movie. Was that in the theatrical release or is this some kind of outtake? Lots of the special effects look half-baked so I'm assuming this is something they never polished up for inclusion in the film?

It was definitely in the third film.

#6064 8 years ago

Christopher Lee kicks ass in general

446012.JPEG446012.JPEG

I can't wait to see what Keith comes up with. Those ring modes are going to be really cool. I hope the playfield goes dark when you put it on, but Smaug is still lit up & blowing fire across the inserts.

#6065 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I think you meant Bilbo but love both of these ideas (and it's hard to imagine that at least the first one won't be in the final game).

. You are 100% correct. I was playing lotr right b4 I wrote that.

#6066 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Christopher Lee kicks ass in general

Don't forget he recorded an album of heavy metal Christmas songs.

#6067 8 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

You are better at searching to find the group than I am. Can someone post the actual name of the JJP owners group to make it easier for the rest of us to find it?

Here's the link to the google JJP owner's group: https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/jersey-jack-pinball-woz

It'll say you don't have permission to the group, but just ask for access. I included my name, pin number and sales order number with my request. That might have been overkill, but I was approved on the next business day.

#6068 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Hobbit is coming and from what people keep saying, it's amazing. Part delays suck, but really, waiting for this isn't life or death...it's gonna happen and it's gonna be great.

Really? Down votes for being positive?

#6069 8 years ago
Quoted from brocksbricks:

Here's the link to the google JJP owner's group: https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/jersey-jack-pinball-woz
It'll say you don't have permission to the group, but just ask for access. I included my name, pin number and sales order number with my request. That might have been overkill, but I was approved on the next business day.

That's Jersey Jen for ya!

#6070 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Don't forget he recorded an album of heavy metal Christmas songs.
» YouTube video

Somebody sat in the control room and said: "Perfect! That's exactly what we were looking for."

#6071 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I can't speak for others, but I down voted your post for being phony. It wasn't long ago I read you trashing on the Hobbit. What changed?

#6072 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

It might have come from your "Stern is going to KISS the competition goodbye" and "Let's face it, Stern is the only real pinball machine company in town" remarks....and now warm fuzzies. People have to realize when a great pin come out we win regardless of manufacturer. This is America - you don't have to choose between one manufacturer or another, you go out and buy both with your charge card.

#6073 8 years ago

If you want the Drama to stop then end the pre-order hype! It's going to be the same as WOZ. Big delays, line cutting and the game is going to have issues right out of the box due to the lack of QC and design errors. How late is the game now? The movie is LONG GONE!

#6074 8 years ago

He lost me at "contractually obliged" he lied and I was out. That and the fact he sold my LE number out from under me.
Won't ever deal with him again. This is such BS. WoZ all over again.

#6075 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

It might have come from your "Stern is going to KISS the competition goodbye" and "Let's face it, Stern is the only real pinball machine company in town" remarks....and now warm fuzzies. People have to realize when a great pin come out we win regardless of manufacturer. This is America - you don't have to choose between one manufacturer or another, you go out and buy both with your charge card.

bahahahahahah you nailed America right on the "money" Don't worry half my family Americans

#6076 8 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

He lost me at "contractually obliged" he lied and I was out. That and the fact he sold my LE number out from under me.
Won't ever deal with him again. This is such BS. WoZ all over again.

Same - its amazing the game had to be out by December had to be… except what month is it again?

#6077 8 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

That and the fact he sold my LE number out from under me

Really? The number on the game made you change your mind about buying it?

#6078 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I can't speak for others, but I down voted your post for being phony. It wasn't long ago I read you trashing on the Hobbit. What changed?

I said the hobbit was delayed. Never trashed that game. I think it's gonna be awesome

#6079 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I said the hobbit was delayed. Never trashed that game. I think it's gonna be awesome

You just put out a phony vibe in your post. Like you're trying too hard. Sorry if I'm wrong.

#6080 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Hey Kenada, what kind of car do you drive?

#6081 8 years ago

Isn't it a pinside rule to thumbs down kaneda?

#6082 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Can anyone confirm this? So I guess all of the part issues got resolved? 2-3 shifts?? I wonder how many games a day they can produce? I guess I might get mine before 2016 after all?

I had date of manufacture starting on 1st June confirmed as well as additional shifts put on to have all built by end 2015 to support third game...which will include some revolutionary changes to pinball.

Parts delay was driven by a new investor where a stock take of capital and parts had to be done!

I believe this to be correct and if so TH should be shipping out in June. Good luck to all pinsiders who have been waiting for their pre orders for so long....the end is near!

#6083 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Hey Kenada, what kind of car do you drive?

Right now nothing. Last car was a 2010 GT500. In NYC we don't even need cars.

#6084 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You just put out a phony vibe in your post. Like you're trying too hard. Sorry if I'm wrong.

I'll say this, I think JJP's stuff is amazing. At first I hated WOZ, but that was because Modern Pinball had her set up so hard. Then I played her at another bar and was blown away by her. The quality and craftsmanship are amazing. My gripe with JJP is all about delays and pre order nonsense. I don't think they will survive if this model sticks around. Lawlors pin needs to be a kiss like reveal. Show it a month before it ships. Not 2 years.

#6085 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

I had date of manufacture starting on 1st June confirmed as well as additional shifts put on to have all built by end 2015 to support third game...which will include some revolutionary changes to pinball.
Parts delay was driven by a new investor where a stock take of capital and parts had to be done!
I believe this to be correct and if so TH should be shipping out in June. Good luck to all pinsiders who have been waiting for their pre orders for so long....the end is near!

#6086 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That number of games going out, tech support should get interesting.
LTG : )

You can do it Lloyd. Just have your cell phone with you 24/7 !

#6087 8 years ago

I've got some swamp land in Florida I'd like to sell you.....

#6088 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Worked out well for Disney...

(The Hobbit may work out well for JJP)

#6089 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Worked out well for Disney...
(The Hobbit may work out well for JJP)

He's not Disney.

#6090 8 years ago

Ha ha! Already brought some off your mate Al Gator.

Just passing on the latest I had heard....at this point I have no reason not to trust the person who informed me...time will tell!

#6091 8 years ago

Ha ha! Already brought some off your mate Al Gator.

then pretty soon you'll encounter...

Unknown.jpegUnknown.jpeg

#6092 8 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Yes, I also heard production is 'expected' to start in August. Nothing officially confirmed though.

#6093 8 years ago

Jen said August? Seriously? That's completely absurd. I realistically expected production to begin around the beginning of June. Considering most expected production to start in December, I think we've been more than forgiving at this point, even with all the Expo changes.

I've been a huge supporter of this pin, but even I'm beginning to crack with these extended delays and ZERO official communication from JJP. I understand why there were delays, but it's the communication that I'm having a problem with. If they don't want to post on here, that's fine, but at least send out regular updates to your paying customers on the Google Forum who have already paid in full. When was the last official JJP update email sent? Early February? I can't even remember now.

So if an August production start is true, and since I'm at the very back of the preorder line, I can expect AT LEAST 6-9 additional months of production before I can even think of receiving delivery in approx Spring 2016??? I'm sorry but I just can't envision them pumping out 1500 pins in 3-4 months. Maybe I'm wrong. But this is becoming a serious test of patience.

I'm sorry but JJP is dropping the ball & losing momentum on this project. Just look at this this thread. Not a peep of activity since Stern announced their latest. There's lots of great pins in the pipeline now from multiple manufacturers. The masses minds are elsewhere & moving on to the next big thing. Who can blame them? Shit even my mind is drifting.

Sorry for the rant (something I've never done on here). Just getting frustrated. A little communication goes a long way, you know? This post is not an opportunity either for the haters to light their torches about JJP, Pre-Ordering, etc & repeat the same arguments I've read a million times before. Been there, done that.

Enough of the second-hand hearsay & whispers from the latest pinball event. This is a thread about HOBBIT UPDATES......so let's get an official one already Jack. Your customers deserve nothing less at this point. Thanks.

#6094 8 years ago

August!

LOL!

Don't worry, some Pinsiders will jump in and justify this newest delay!

#6095 8 years ago

August of 2015 or 2016? Sorry all had to be the first to do it. Thumbs away

#6096 8 years ago

ls0c5.jpgls0c5.jpg

#6097 8 years ago

I would not be at all surprised if I don't see my game until 2016, disappointed yes, but I have nobody to blame but myself. I was an early WoZ pre-order as well. So fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. I can live with the shame though, the game will be epic as WoZ currently is. I'm sure I'll get it eventually and will enjoy it. This will be my last pre-order though, getting too old for this. I'll just stick to games that are shipping from here on out.

#6098 8 years ago

August!
LOL!
Don't worry, some Pinsiders will jump in and justify this newest delay!

It's easier to just setup some macros

CTRL-A
"No one wants these games to ship more than Jack does!!!!

CTRL-B
"Would you rather have the game SOONER or have it be BETTER?!?!"

CTRL-C
"The game has improved sooooo much BECAUSE it's so late! JJP did us a favor by waiting!"

CTRL-D
"Stern Sucks"

#6099 8 years ago

I wish I had mne sooner, but I would rather have it late than not at all. I am disappointed about the various delays. But I am also convinced this game will meet my and my family's expectations.

My wife just wants a game with a bad ass dragon, my daughter wants the game before she starts 3rd grade, she points out I ordered it when she was in kindergarten.

I want a game that is stunning to look at, stunning to play, and a game with great code from a great programmer.

Hell yea I wanted it last July, he'll ya I wanted it before years end, I am disappointed, but as Tom Petty once said "I won't back down"

#6100 8 years ago

Quoted from RobT:

So September then?
Seriously though. This is very disappointing. Even late June puts this at half a year late from the "contractual requirement".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/122 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.