Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 201.
#5851 4 years ago

I see now that the video is better looking than when I first posted it last night. Still trying to figure out why my phone let me record in this mode for only 5 minutes. I had crazy space left and a great charge. Shot with my Galaxy Note Edge. Will shoot a vid standing on the other side today if possible.
-Julius

#5852 4 years ago

Earthshaker in the background there is marked at a mere 5k if anyone's interested.

#5853 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Looks like the ramps are still harder to make then they should be. How did those shots feel like when playing?

The ramps are fine, the shots flow well. It doesn't take a "perfect" shot.

#5854 4 years ago

Big thank you to those taking videos and pictures at the show. It really is appreciated.

Seeing probably the first production game in action is a real treat.

My only concern at this moment is that maybe I should not have chosen the gold version. Silver looks better overall. Had it not been for that left side cab decal it would have been an easy choice but I think I will stick with the gold, even if it might be a little dragon overkill

Congrats to all of the JJP team who have been working like crazy to make our game even better.

And who better than Ted and Keith to give us the icing on the cake.

#5855 4 years ago

That is one great-looking pin!

#5856 4 years ago

Well, it's certainly looking better than it ever has!

I keep waiting for Smug to say, "My name is......Kahn!"

#5857 4 years ago

Can someone please ask Jack where the plaque for the LE and SE will be mounted to?

#5858 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Well, it's certainly looking better than it ever has!
I keep waiting for Smug to say, "My name is......Kahn!"

And that right there would tip the scale for Kirk to buy one!

#5859 4 years ago

Looks fantastic! Wow that game has come a long way!

#5860 4 years ago

Thanks for the vid Julius. Fun b'sing with you yesterday.
Game looks great. One of the things that struck me was the size of Smaug's head. Its pretty big which I have never been able to get from looking at pictures.

#5861 4 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Big thank you to those taking videos and pictures at the show. It really is appreciated.
My only concern at this moment is that maybe I should not have chosen the gold version. Silver looks better overall. Had it not been for that left side cab decal it would have been an easy choice but I think I will stick with the gold, even if it might be a little dragon overkill
Congrats to all of the JJP team who have been working like crazy to make our game even better.

That one in the video isn't silver, it's bronze and looks close to black in reality.

#5862 4 years ago
Quoted from karl:

+1 Also we have to give David Thiel some love! Immersive sound is in my opinion VERY important.

#5863 4 years ago

So, I guess I'm in the minority here when I state I think the slingshot axes are neat... as long as they are reliable and don't break. But anything that adds to the mechanical show that makes pinball special is welcomed.

I don't think they would save a bad game, but I think they're fun and certainly consistent with theme without requiring any significant reengineering, just due to how slings work.

And, yeah, it's looking good overall!

But no surprises here.

#5864 4 years ago

I like everything i see, really do. I love it.

But.... I cant get passed by the shot lay out. Still a bit of a gamebreaker for me. A bit gutted about it too. This should have been my holy grail pin. It is close.... But not THE one i will sell all i have cause i must have it.

But JJP will make me one sooner or later. Cause the quality, looks, sounds and just the whole package is next gen pin, and i am just stunned how it looks. Its a beauty.

#5865 4 years ago

Great looking pin, had faith in JJP and it looks like they are delivering quality once again. Way to go, JJP!

#5866 4 years ago

Fun game...but I sucked! There were some players that were hitting the ramps, trolls, etc at will! Sheesh! I took a video...

#5867 4 years ago

Well it's great to see so many are coming around to the machine, bodes well for the future of JJP and Pat's game.

#5868 4 years ago

No denying JJP has pretty pins - I just don't know if I want the SE or LE version...(actually I am leaning LE and the kids SE)

#5869 4 years ago

sucked for me, was on 2 ball play, my first ball was an instant drain and there was no ball save timer. I understand wanting to keep the players moving along so 2 ball is ok, but to not have a ball save timer after waiting 30 minutes was disappointing. So I played one ball. Waited again and this time tilted on second ball after 10 seconds there was no tilt warning, just one tilt and you're gone.

Loved the animations, not sure on the game play. I mean I had a whopping 90 seconds on two games (2 balls) one was an instant drain and one was a tilt in the first 10 seconds.

I will say no one else was tilting so it couldn't have been super sensitive, but no warning is BS because how are you going to know what's a nudge and what's a tilt? IMO my tilt was very more of a nudge, not super aggressive at all.

#5870 4 years ago

It would be great if Jack gets the Star Wars license!

#5871 4 years ago

Not sure I see the reason for the upper flipper, it would have been nice for there to be a shot that could only be hit from the upper flipper (a ramp ideally).

#5872 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

how do you upload a video from iphone?

I sent it to my Gmail and made a YouTube...copy and paste the link here

#5873 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

but no warning

It is likely already in the game settings for how many warnings, from no warning to a lot.

LTG : )

#5874 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It is likely already in the game settings for how many warnings, from no warning to a lot.
LTG : )

I'm sure, all games have that, I was saying that it's set up for no warning, but disappointed that I waited 20 minutes two times and got to play only 2 balls (one ball on each game)

#5875 4 years ago

Does anyone know if JJP will build these concurrently with WOZ or will they need to overhaul the one line. I think the success of WOZ is delaying the build start of the Hobbit.

I don't buy the bs that Jack cant afford to build the hobbit pins.

The animations must take ages more to program, design than a dot matrix display.

Machine looks great by the way.

#5876 4 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Does anyone know if JJP will build these concurrently with WOZ or will they need to overhaul the one line. I think the success of WOZ is delaying the build start of the Hobbit.
I don't buy the bs that Jack cant afford to build the hobbit pins.
The animations must take ages more to program, design than a dot matrix display.
Machine looks great by the way.

I've heard they can be built concurrently. I do not believe they will be though. Jack has built a lot of WOZ's the past couple of years. How much more demand is there for WOZ at this moment?

#5877 4 years ago

It's a great looking game.

#5878 4 years ago

I'm in for an SE although I'll have to admit the bronze trim looks absolutely fantastic. Thanks for all the videos. And a big sigh of relief when I saw there were 100+ posts on this thread since last I looked and every single one of them was actually pertinent to an update.

Awesome news that this is a production model. Must be getting very close.

#5879 4 years ago

Why is there no backboard decal? That would definitely help to give depth and added realism to the back pillar area.

#5880 4 years ago

Actually that may be a mod, as well as more toys from Matt (like 75th). Also, I think it would be cool to get a blue LED in that back right corner - or perhaps have a blue flasher. In fact, I think it would be good to have blue flashers in the back right - yellow flasher at gold pile and green ones on the left and right sides.

#5881 4 years ago

Thanks again for everyone sharing video and pictures. The game is really looking great! keep um coming. How are the new modes and what are they rules wise?

#5882 4 years ago

Big thanks to everyone who took the time to shoot vids & pics and post them here. Greatly appreciated!!

#5883 4 years ago

The videos that everyone put up, and the pictures, including comments about the game play, has been one of the biggest updates since the game was announced. It really made a difference. Thanks for everyone that went, and posted here. Greatly appreciated. Safe trips home.

#5884 4 years ago

An Unexpected Journey Indeed! Purchased the Tripel tonight. Might as well drink while I wait for the game.

Hobbit_Brew.jpg
#5885 4 years ago
DSC_0389.JPG DSC_0390.JPG DSC_0391.JPG
#5886 4 years ago

Thanks to all who waited in line to play and surely the response we got was incredibly positive about the code, toys, art, features, and overall progress of the game. It was fun meeting as many of you as I can.

I'd like to put a plug out here that anyone looking to make the Hobbit thier next purchase to consider PinballSTAR Amusements as your distributor. We have Standards and LEs of course and also purchased a nice supply of Smaug Golds before they went off sale in Dec, so for now we have all models. I can promise you great communication and support before, during, and after the sale. We'd love to become friends and distributor to those of you on Pinside who enjoyed the pictures and videos from our booth at Allentown Pinfest even though we couldn't meet you in person.

If you'd like to inquire just email Sales@PinballSTAR.com or call 570-357-0042.

Thanks for all who supported the show and took the time to visit our booth.

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements

#5887 4 years ago

Joe it was great seeing you again. You relay put 100% into making your booth something special.

#5888 4 years ago

Did they add a sling where they took away the upper left flipper?

I noticed it quite a bit in these videos, and it gave the game play a lot more side to side action and speed (which are all great things to me).

That was one of my biggest qualms with LOTR. If you missed a shot, the ball hits exposed metal (ramp, or orbit), deadens the momentum, and comes slowly rolling straight back.

#5889 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Fun game...but I sucked! There were some players that were hitting the ramps, trolls, etc at will! Sheesh! I took a video...
» YouTube video

I mastered the drain down the right outlane.

#5890 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Joe it was great seeing you again. You relay put 100% into making your booth something special.

+1 Thanks for the setup.. game is gorgeous. . I agree with others that the rear still feels incomplete but don't think I can resist this game. The Screen is not something you play but the animations were just stunning..super impressed..

#5891 4 years ago

I just stumbled on this video

#5892 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Shot this 5 minute video Friday at Allentown. I had my video set to Ultra Hi-def, so kinda disappointed that the vid seems to only have 360p as the highest setting. Advice would be cool if I can fix that.

Youtube takes a while to process videos for display, and always has the the low-res versions done first. This is a Known Problem: if you uploaded high def, it'll turn up eventually. (And it did.)

#5893 4 years ago
Quoted from B9:

I just stumbled on this video
» YouTube video

Ha! Thanks. I passed out last night before I could post a link.

#5894 4 years ago

What does "did not get a upload id mean". I am trying to upload a video of the Hobbit and it goes to about 60% and then says this.

#5895 4 years ago

Looking forward to seeing this pin played in a dark room, the colors and lighting look amazing and the gameplay is looking great as well. Did anyone get an actual time frame for production?

#5896 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Did anyone get an actual time frame for production?

A couple of folks said shipping in late June. Not sure if that is speculation or not.

#5897 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

A couple of folks said shipping in late June. Not sure if that is speculation or not.

In boutique pinball, I think EVERYTHING is speculation until you see a truck roll up in from if your house.

#5898 4 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

So, I guess I'm in the minority here when I state I think the slingshot axes are neat... as long as they are reliable and don't break. But anything that adds to the mechanical show that makes pinball special is welcomed.

You are not alone--I feel the same way. Kind of like the dancing band on AC/DC Prem/Le that a lot of people criticize.

#5899 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I'm not in love with the sling toys- but -meh- not a deal breaker.

The ones on this game were metal, and looked way better than the earlier plastic ones. Also worth noting is that they did not make the slingshots lethargic, unlike the dancing boogie men that often get installed on Scared Stiff.

#5900 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

sucked for me, was on 2 ball play, my first ball was an instant drain and there was no ball save timer. I understand wanting to keep the players moving along so 2 ball is ok, but to not have a ball save timer after waiting 30 minutes was disappointing. So I played one ball. Waited again and this time tilted on second ball after 10 seconds there was no tilt warning, just one tilt and you're gone.

Are you sure? Maybe they changed the settings, but you can clearly see a tilt warning in this video at the 2:38 mark:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.50
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside