47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 201.
#5751 8 years ago

Has there been any talk about a topper?

#5752 8 years ago
Quoted from Pantor80:

Has there been any talk about a topper?

Not yet.....good show!

Topper_TV_series.jpgTopper_TV_series.jpg
#5753 8 years ago

I have this set and it is awesome (a bit pricey).

hobbit.jpghobbit.jpg
#5754 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Not yet.....good show!

Topper_TV_series.jpg

Oh Cosmo!

#5755 8 years ago

The only thing I've ever heard about a topper was this design by Illvjr, posted in a long lost bag end thread about 4 months ago. His quote from that thread....

"This was the bag end topper I had designed for the game. It's not going into production unless I did a aftermarket as a mod. My design had LEDs inside the house to light up the windows simulating the sun. And the door would be on a actuator. When u hit the start button the door would open half way to simulate starting the journey. When the game would end it would close...
Pinnovators retains the drawing still but it wasn't submitted to wb."

I'd be very interested in buying this, as I'm sure others would as well. Beautiful design & functionality. So are there any plans for after-market production?

bagendtopper.jpgbagendtopper.jpg

#5756 8 years ago

Thanks for the refresher, Poaky. I, too, would be interested in purchasing this topper. Can't wait to get reacquainted with Hobbit tomorrow at Pinfest! This pin is gonna' rock!

#5757 8 years ago

Wow!

#5758 8 years ago

That's what it's all about!

#5759 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That's what it's all about!

I thought that was The Hokey Pokey?

#5760 8 years ago

Put me down for one of those toppers as well.

#5761 8 years ago

I'm more excited to see that topper in action than Smaug

/snark

Looks awesome...

#5762 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

The only thing I've ever heard about a topper was this design by Illvjr, posted in a long lost bag end thread about 4 months ago. His quote from that thread....

That's what I ment....

#5763 8 years ago

Hobbit update thread with no updates!!!

Time for boobs!

review_hobbit1_1.jpgreview_hobbit1_1.jpg
#5764 8 years ago

Wait wrong picture

#5765 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Hobbit update thread with no updates!!!
Time for boobs!

review_hobbit1_1.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Isn't that more of a scrotum?

#5766 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Isn't that more of a scrotum?

No no no. Look lower

#5767 8 years ago

Joe from Pinstar is bringing a Hobbit to Allentown today, right? So we should get some relevant updates on this thread finally in the next 24-48. Would be welcome relief from unrelated posts. Hoping for some updated code and assuming that would logically be the only thing "new" we'll see. Anyone going, please post videos of the backbox lcd and the small book in particular if there's new code.

#5768 8 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstar-allentown-booth-hobbit-mmr-amh

YES I will have a brand NEW Hobbit there... Check my post above for into / pictures / updates on the show...

#5769 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

"This was the bag end topper I had designed for the game. It's not going into production unless I did a aftermarket as a mod. My design had LEDs inside the house to light up the windows simulating the sun. And the door would be on a actuator. When u hit the start button the door would open half way to simulate starting the journey. When the game would end it would close...
I'd be very interested in buying this, as I'm sure others would as well. Beautiful design & functionality. So are there any plans for after-market production?
bagendtopper.jpg

That sounds like the coolest topper ever. I hope it happens.

#5770 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

bagendtopper.jpg

I'd buy one.

#5771 8 years ago

Looks f*#king awesome!!!!

#5772 8 years ago

Pinfest 2015

Here's the first of many Hobbit videos.

#5773 8 years ago

Sweet, any idea what is new/changed in this prototype?

#5774 8 years ago

So why did the game reset at the end of the ball.
Looks like it shut off during play.

#5775 8 years ago

Does anyone know if this is coming to either PAGG or the PNW meeting? Anywhere for the "westerners'

#5776 8 years ago

didn't want this video to end lol, Love the music, can't wait to get mine

#5777 8 years ago

This is a production model

#5778 8 years ago

looks great man, what a long way pinball has come!!!

#5779 8 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

So why did the game reset at the end of the ball.
Looks like it shut off during play.

Because of me corrupting the code after I downloaded Keith's update -

I'll try again.....LOL

#5781 8 years ago

Looks great and seems faster than in some of the other videos I've seen.

#5782 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Pinfest 2015
» YouTube video
Here's the first of many Hobbit videos.

Thank you for posting the vid. How are the sounds and lights in person? Does it immerse you into the game? Or are the still adding a lot of sound files to it?

#5783 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

This is a production model

Did Jack say that? I know it was supposed to be close to complete. If true then we should start seeing the first ship VERY VERY soon.

#5784 8 years ago

I hope the backboard that is all black will have some art work or design. Seeing it all black like that makes it look unfinished. Would be great to see more brick work to match the cool stone arcs.

Overall its looking nice hope we get to see this @ PAGG

#5785 8 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

I hope the backboard that is all black will have some art work or design. Seeing it all black like that makes it look unfinished. Would be great to see more brick work to match the cool stone arcs.

There are sculpted pillars and an archway behind Smaug. These details are difficult to see in that video because of the harsh lighting and camera angle.

#5786 8 years ago

Looking great Jack! Eagerly waiting delivery.

#5787 8 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

There are sculpted pillars and an archway behind Smaug. These details are difficult to see in that video because of the harsh lighting and camera angle.

Yes I know the sculpted pillars done by Matt these look great! I mean on the black wood backboard, this needs a decal or something to make it look complete. It's like having a TAF without the backboard decal, it just looks bad.

#5788 8 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Because of me corrupting the code after I downloaded Keith's update -
I'll try again.....LOL

Thanks Jack

#5789 8 years ago

That game is ready...set..ship. Looks fantastic, Sounds fantastic = probably is fantastic.

Great work JJP team. Only problem is that I do not have it in my living room yet

Can't wait!

#5790 8 years ago

Still don't know about those daft things on the slingshots, what are they trying to accomplish? Game looks good though.

Edit: that colour scheme fits the game much better than the gold, nice.

#5791 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

bagendtopper.jpg

Thanks,
Even if the door didn't open with coding I thought it would still be cool to have made and leds installed inside of it...i came close to having the prototype made.

#5792 8 years ago

Hobbit code updated ! New code, brand new built non-prototype game... I think we are going to swamped by the looks of things.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#5793 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Hobbit code updated ! New code, brand new built non-prototype game... I think we are going to swamped by the looks of things.

Thanks for the update post more high-reZ picts! and whats new in the code? any new modes or rules?

#5795 8 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

and whats new in the code? any new modes or rules?

Five new modes added since the last showing. Also skill shots and some more stuff on the "Ring Button". Plus a pile of bug fixes, tweaked up graphics, more sound effects and speech from the movies.

#5796 8 years ago

The Hobbit:

Latest code

#5797 8 years ago

Wow, nice long video tata. Thanks.
I'm really liking the whole package. The colors, smaug, some of the call outs....The trim color and the cabinet decals look great. Very impressed overall. Would love to play it.

#5798 8 years ago

Now i know nobody knows when these will start shipping but lets just say it starts shipping next month. If i were to place an order today how long would you guys guess it would be before i received mine?

#5799 8 years ago
Quoted from JaredSP:

Now i know nobody knows when these will start shipping but lets just say it starts shipping next month. If i were to place an order today how long would you guys guess it would be before i received mine?

probably get a used one faster.

#5800 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

The Hobbit: » YouTube video
Latest code

This game looks amazing, and those photos from pinball star are stunning. This is a must have game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 25.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/116 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.