Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 201.
#5601 4 years ago

My guess is that you would have to hold/charge the bow with the button to get the ball up to the right flipper, and then make the required shot to the left scoop. Talk about a rewarding shot to hit

#5602 4 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

So this is not on the machine in the current videos and will be added later?

As of the TPF, it was not yet operational.

#5603 4 years ago

Begging for an update....!!!!!

#5604 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I do not trust Jack's words even remotely. He has proven they are meaningless. I prefer to see photographic evidence.
BUT, I don't even have skin in the game. That's the truth, I'll admit it. I just don't like what I'm seeing and history seems to be repeating itself all too quickly as of late. I would hate to see more pinball fans get hurt.
I want to believe everything is just great and going smoothly but common sense tells me otherwise.
If every pre-order person on here thinks it is too much to ask JJP for more information on Hobbit production and they do not want to hear me post about why this is very suspicious then I'll stop. If someone IS interested in more information please say so or PM me.
Enough said. I tried.

Omg man get a life. You have NO reason to be here and you're making demands to see progress? Why do you care? You don't want to see people getting hurt? If people were getting hurt, which they are not, wtf would you even be able to do about it. Hobbit is looking awesome and everyone I spoke to at MGC loved it! Get out of this thread!

#5605 4 years ago
Quoted from sj1000:

Let me add this. I am going to make an offer to JJP next week that hopefully will improve the chances that hobbit purchasers will get their machine.

Can you make JPOP an "offer" as well

#5606 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I hear this Texas guy has made an offer to every manufacturer, but never wants to sign a NDA
Can I ask if you have Warner bros licenses ie Scooby do why don't you setup your own the pinball company????

#5607 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

^^^^^ Freaking funny but sad : )) - : ((

#5608 4 years ago

Ugh, I haven't checked this thread in over a week...the trolling seems to have picked up. Please pm a mod when you see clear trolling and remember...

image.jpg

#5609 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Hope that offer includes you a car with locked windows and a hose from the exhaust pipe, then I am all for it

LMAO!!

#5610 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Omg man get a life. You have NO reason to be here and you're making demands to see progress? Why do you care? You don't want to see people getting hurt? If people were getting hurt, which they are not, wtf would you even be able to do about it. Hobbit is looking awesome and everyone I spoke to at MGC loved it! Get out of this thread!

OH MY GOD! Talk about the ultimate in irony!

#5611 4 years ago

I played Hobbit at MGC. It's amazing.

#5612 4 years ago
Quoted from onelastflip:

I played Hobbit at MGC. It's amazing.

Ehhh can you be more specific

#5613 4 years ago

It's f*cking amazing

#5614 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

It's f*cking amazing

We will see that if the pin is at our homes

#5615 4 years ago

I will play it in 178 hours at Allentown. I will take a ton of pics and a few videos.

#5616 4 years ago

...and I'll watch you.

#5617 4 years ago

...and I'll watch you watching him...

#5618 4 years ago

...who watches the watchers?.....

#5619 4 years ago

The watchmen?

#5620 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and I'll watch you.

Quoted from spfxted:

...and I'll watch you watching him...

Sounds like Hedonism ... wait .. what?

#5621 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Sounds like Hedonism ... wait .. what?

hedonism-bot-futurama-2942551-800-600.jpg
#5622 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and I'll watch you.

Since you were the first one watching me can i watch you after i am done..

#5623 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This is starting to sound dirty.

I'm not playing the game until it's in my house. So I'll have to be happy watching you! If there's a blonde guy stalking you, you'll know it's me.

#5624 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Just make sure someone gets video???

#5625 4 years ago

Good luck gentlemen, on your hobbit purchase.

When was it scheduled for production and delivery?

#5626 4 years ago

What I find interesting about Hobbit is that what was shown at Expo last year has changed quite a bit to what the game is now.

New playfield art
Vuk wireforms instead of those 'boxes'
Smaug no longer hidden
Book position moved

What else has changed since Expo?

Rob

#5627 4 years ago

Wish we had another Hobbit thread with only: Real news, videos of the machine in action, actual machine experience, etc.

This thread is giving me pinside fatigue.

#5628 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Good luck gentlemen, on your hobbit purchase.
When was it scheduled for production and delivery?

I think my invoice said "Whenever we damn well feel like it."

And I'm fine with that.

#5629 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What I find interesting about Hobbit is that what was shown at Expo last year has changed quite a bit to what the game is now.

New playfield art
Vuk wireforms instead of those 'boxes'
Smaug no longer hidden
Book position moved

What else has changed since Expo?

Rob

Should have been a few more changes...

#5630 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think my invoice said "Whenever we damn well feel like it."
And I'm fine with that.

Everybody keeps saying that. But, I'm NOT fine with it. When I put the money down, it was supposed to be done summer 2014. Here we are almost a year later. Sure, they lost time redoing stuff, but that was as a result of what they showed in October 2014 - 3 months or so after it should have already been done according to original projections. If they had been on track we would have seen the game in March 2014 and made the same recommendations that we did, and then the game should have been delayed to say December 2014.

I've been a supporter and pre-orderer, but this is not acceptable. Blah, blah, blah, take as long as you want if you're improving it, blah, blah, blah. No, bull crap. This is no longer your first game. Hire more people or whatever you need to do to get it done relatively on time, plan ahead better. Small delays are fine, but 12 months, really (and we are probably still 3 or more months out from getting anything)? This may seem cliche, but I'm gonna die some day - how much of that limited time I've got do I want to spend waiting to receive the things I enjoy instead of actually using them? I could have spent my time/money buying and playing other things. But no, I've wasted a year of pinball time/money on broken promises waiting for a game that is a year old and we still haven't been shown any pics of JJPs ability to start production any time soon. We saw line pics and cab pics and part pics for WOZ. Why not TH? The reasonable takeaway from that is that they can't show us those pics because they aren't even there yet.

It's frustrating and I'm sick of hearing folks say, "take your time, JJP." Screw that, I'm getting older by the day. My kids are growing up, I should have been playing this game with my son six months ago! I've lost that time, I can't get it back. JJP, you represented TH would ship in the summer of 2014 - get the damn game to me. Now.

#5632 4 years ago

Relax man, it's just pinball.

#5633 4 years ago

I get your frustration, but this shouldn't come as a surprise. WOZ was way overdue (you have one, so you should know!), and if you don't want somebody sitting on your cash for an unspecified period of time, you shouldn't preorder.

I do share your frustration to an extent, so I won't preorder again. But I think that model is dead now anyway thanks in small part to JJP, in larger part to DP, and mostly to Skit-B.

The other thing that makes me not too anxious is the fact that I have 5 other machines to play. (And restoring two of them now takes my mind off the wait for TH.) You have 21 other games to play...what's the rush?

#5634 4 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Everybody keeps saying that. But, I'm NOT fine with it. When I put the money down, it was supposed to be done summer 2014. Here we are almost a year later. Sure, they lost time redoing stuff, but that was as a result of what they showed in October 2014 - 3 months or so after it should have already been done according to original projections. If they had been on track we would have seen the game in March 2014 and made the same recommendations that we did, and then the game should have been delayed to say December 2014.
I've been a supporter and pre-orderer, but this is not acceptable. Blah, blah, blah, take as long as you want if you're improving it, blah, blah, blah. No, bull crap. This is no longer your first game. Hire more people or whatever you need to do to get it done relatively on time, plan ahead better. Small delays are fine, but 12 months, really (and we are probably still 3 or more months out from getting anything)? This may seem cliche, but I'm gonna die some day - how much of that limited time I've got do I want to spend waiting to receive the things I enjoy instead of actually using them? I could have spent my time/money buying and playing other things. But no, I've wasted a year of pinball time/money on broken promises waiting for a game that is a year old and we still haven't been shown any pics of JJPs ability to start production any time soon. We saw line pics and cab pics and part pics for WOZ. Why not TH? The reasonable takeaway from that is that they can't show us those pics because they aren't even there yet.
It's frustrating and I'm sick of hearing folks say, "take your time, JJP." Screw that, I'm getting older by the day. My kids are growing up, I should have been playing this game with my son six months ago! I've lost that time, I can't get it back. JJP, you represented TH would ship in the summer of 2014 - get the damn game to me. Now.

What you say is not without merit.

I'm personally still inclined to give them the time needed to make the game as good as possible, as long as I remain convinced this is a legitimate business (it is), and JJP is making efforts to improve the game (they are). I have seen to many games that are too similar to one another at this point. I want something DIFFERENT, and am very, very, willing to wait (not indefinitely) for that experience.

That said, I am sympathetic and understand your frustration. A few weeks longer for a pin that might be a permanent collection-keeper is worth it.

#5635 4 years ago

I figured someone would say that.

At what point should I have asked for a refund, huh? After summer 2014 passed, when I already had waited 20 months? October 2014, when we were told that games would start shipping in a few months? Now, when they have stated games will start being produced any day? Or are you suggesting that I should have looked into WOZs crystal ball and foreseen these delays in say, January 2014 when we were told everything was coming along fine? Either way, I've wasted time waiting based upon JJPs failure to timely complete the project.

The point is, JJP knew they were producing TH probably as early as spring 2012 (they were probably working to secure the license then). They started taking preorder money December 2012 and represented completion in summer 2014. At least at that point, and arguably sooner, it's on them to plan and staff appropriately in order to meet representations. It's not like we haven't been patient, but at what point do some of you say the delay is no longer acceptable? if they knew that they couldn't get the game done by summer 2014 when they started taking preorders then, well.....

#5636 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I get your frustration, but this shouldn't come as a surprise. WOZ was way overdue (you have one, so you should know!), and if you don't want somebody sitting on your cash for an unspecified period of time, you shouldn't preorder.
I do share your frustration to an extent, so I won't preorder again. But I think that model is dead now anyway thanks in small part to JJP, in larger part to DP, and mostly to Skit-B.
The other thing that makes me not too anxious is the fact that I have 5 other machines to play. (And restoring two of them now takes my mind off the wait for TH.) You have 21 other games to play...what's the rush?

The rush is that none of them are TH, of course.

#5637 4 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Stop making sense! You are supposed to be hyped about preordering JJP game #3 before game 2 ships... you might get scooped up and sent to the JJP re-education center to correct your thinking on this.

#5638 4 years ago

All of the bitching in the world is not going to get TH to anyone any sooner. If you are tired of waiting then you should absolutely get a refund. You will always be able to buy TH down the road. The delay was inevitable no matter what the JJP said up front. It sux sure, but it was to be expected after watching WOZ develop. Pre-ordering is a roller coaster ride and it's absolutely not for everyone. But the constant whining about delivery reminds me of "Are we there yet?" coming from the backseat.

#5639 4 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

All of the bitching in the world is not going to get TH to anyone any sooner. If you are tired of waiting then you should absolutely get a refund. You will always be able to buy TH down the road. The delay was inevitable no matter what the JJP said up front. It sux sure, but it was to be expected after watching WOZ develop. Pre-ordering is a roller coaster ride and it's absolutely not for everyone. But the constant whining about delivery reminds me of "Are we there yet?" coming from the backseat.

Constant whining? That is hardly accurate. The game is now a year late and this is the first I've said anything. Check your facts before you call me childish.

#5640 4 years ago

Is Hobbit coming to PAGG this year, anyone?

#5641 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I get your frustration, but this shouldn't come as a surprise. WOZ was way overdue

So we just need to accept that JJP will always be really, really late in delivering pins and that's just the way it is? After all, it shouldn't come as a surprise.

And if it "shouldn't come as a surprise", then why is it that everyone was supposed to know that TH would be late except JJP, as they said mid 2014, and absolutely no later than December 2014 "per license agreement"?

#5642 4 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

I wouldn't call it constant whining. It's frustration about having 8k out there in the wild and not in your pocket...and nothing to show for it. And us guys who preorder and wait inevitably take ball-busting from wives and friends. ("Nice Hobbit you paid 8k for...where is it, again? Because it sure ain't in your game room!")

And if we're complaining, it's just because we're excited to get it. It's a testiment to how nice the game is coming along - it turns us into kids leading up to Christmas morning. Like...would it just get here already???

#5643 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So we just need to accept that JJP will always be really, really late in delivering pins and that's just the way it is? After all, it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Not at all. But based on past practice it shouldn't come as a surprise. If you don't want to wait, you shouldn't preorder. Surely we agree on that principle?

#5644 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not at all. But based on past practice it shouldn't come as a surprise. If you don't want to wait, you shouldn't preorder. Surely we agree on that principle?

I don't preorder.

But that isn't the point. Just because some of us won't preorder, doesn't mean that we should be so easily accepting of so many missed deadlines.

It's like deja vu all over again.

#5645 4 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

But the constant whining about delivery reminds me of "Are we there yet?" coming from the backseat.

Except those kids in the back paid $7-9k for the ride and Dad told them they would be there in Summer 2014 then December 2014 "per license agreement".

#5646 4 years ago

Sorry. I didn't mean anyone in particular. I knew when I ordered that TH would not be delivered on time. Of course JJP said summer 2014. They needed to sell pins, and they were cranking out WOZ, so I believe they thought it would happen somewhere close to then. I still think anyone that pre-ordered should have expected the delay.

#5647 4 years ago

The longer it takes to get here, the longer I don't have to tell the missus I've bought it.

#5648 4 years ago

Ill wait this delay out but i'm so done with preoders. I sure would like to hear what is delaying the release of TH. Some reliable updates and communication would be most welcome at this point. Good/bad reasons, anything at this point would help. Communication is so important when preorders miss deadlines.

#5649 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Ill wait this delay out but i'm so done with preoders. I sure would like to hear what is delaying the release of TH. Some reliable updates and communication would be most welcome at this point. Good/bad reasons, anything at this point would help. Communication is so important when preorders miss deadlines.

Well you can talk to Jack next week at pinfest and play TH.

#5650 4 years ago

Some of you guys act like he's not releasing the pin just to spite you. Believe me, he wants it out more than you do. Things happen. When it's ready, it's ready. How many times does it have to happen before you realize that. If you're not built for the pre-order and wait concept, just don't do it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 27.50
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside