47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 201.
#5551 9 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Once starting the Hobbit, production should be a lot quicker.

exactly what they said about game #2 because they had all that experience from WoZ... and how has that worked out for you?

#5552 9 years ago

Can't a thread stay nice for once? It's mighty suspicious Craz4pin returns the same time as this other assclown...just sayin'.

#5553 9 years ago
Quoted from sj1000:

I am compiling a list of all individuals or businesses who have placed a deposit on the Hobbit or any JJP game. We should be releasing an important Jersey Jack Pinball related website, that will help you, on through major social org (ie; twitter, facebook, etc.). The e-mail is [email protected]. Since this is not an attack on JJP. We would like to see them succeed but do believe they have a serious money issue. We think we have the solution.

I bet I am more invested in jjp than you are, in fact we all are!

I don't think Jack needs an investor like you, in fact I would be happy to buy out your investment in the Company, as comments like this kills manufacturers, look at skitb, jpop, tbl.

Did it cost Jack more to make games than he received, sure, will he make money on Hobbit probably not, but let me tell you something Pats machine is a game changer.

Jack is constantly adapting his Company structure, replacing existing staff with respected veterans of the industry.

#5554 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

So back to actual Hobbit updates. Can someone summarize the latest happenings from the past month or two? Is there any update on the status of the production line for Hobbit? Have there been pics of Hobbit parts coming in and being stockpiled? Has Jack given any updated time frame for when they hope to ship the first game? Is it still May? There haven't been any pics of Smaug with lit eyes yet has there?

For real? If you were seriously interested in TH and read all the information (on this thread too) that is available than you could have found all the answers. Ow sorry, you cannot read between all the BS that has been posted here.......................

You can find the answer to one of questions here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/106#post-2382662

#5555 9 years ago

Wow. Over 100+ posts since I last looked and nothing but crap...well, except the cat breath one...that was kinda funny. I seriously need to stop looking at this thread and simply wait for the thread titled "Hobbit SE unboxing video"

#5556 9 years ago
Quoted from sj1000:

Let me add this. I am going to make an offer to JJP next week that hopefully will improve the chances that hobbit purchasers will get their machine.

Hope that offer includes you a car with locked windows and a hose from the exhaust pipe, then I am all for it

#5557 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Are you aware of the other lawsuit(s) against Jack/JJP beyond Elaut that have not been announced? Elaut made a public declaration of their lawsuit. Others did not.

Are you aware that court records are public and that any complaint that's filed against JJP would be on the public record? There's no need to "announce" lawsuits. If you know of other lawsuits that have been filed by all means post them, they could be relevant here. Otherwise you're just making things up in an effort to hurt JJP's business.

#5558 9 years ago

'Sorry....I just ....can't ....keep... my mind....off that cat...

#5559 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Funny how you are the only one in this thread who is defending Sj1000 and what he's saying about JJP, including the negative financial things that he's implied.
Then again, you were formerly Craz4Pin, so I guess it all makes sense! Back to troll JJP threads and encourage others to do so under a new handle. Good luck with that.

Funny, His account was created at the exact same time the last crazy4pin account was banned. Significant coincidence don't you think?

#5560 9 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

'Sorry....I just ....can't ....keep... my mind....off that cat...

You know that is the greatest Ralph Wiggum quote ever, right? "My cat's breath smells like cat food". lol.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

Funny, His account was created at the exact same time the last crazy4pin account was banned. Significant coincidence don't you think?
And with sj1000's butchery of the English language, he has to be the long lost brother of ek77.

I know you love feeling like you're Matlock but I'm not sj1000 and I'm not here arguing about how good or bad Hobbit is. Asking questions about how a new startup can seemingly take an unlimited amount of time (not once but twice now) to put out a game without having serious financial risk seems more responsible than not.

#5561 9 years ago

I didn't say you were sj1000. I said you are crazy4pin. You seem to have a large amount of knowledge of history around here given your account is but 4 weeks old. I somehow doubt you spent those 4 weeks reading years worth of threads cover to cover.

Odd isn't it?

#5562 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I didn't say you were sj1000. I said you are crazy4pin. You seem to have a large amount of knowledge of history around here given your account is but 4 weeks old. I somehow doubt you spent those 4 weeks reading years worth of threads cover to cover.
Odd isn't it?

No, it's not odd at all actually. What is odd is how the hard questions are always evaded. I would keep the back and forth banter going but I have to head to church. I'll check back with you later.

#5563 9 years ago

Well, I'm in on SE#607, and my take is it will come when it comes. I'm not risking an amount of money that I care too much about, and I don't feel the need to ask any so called "hard" questions. I've actually got some empathy for anyone who actually goes out into the world and fking tries to do something. I'm trying to get together a shitty little light project and its taking me freaking months longer than I anticipated. The R&D budget has been blown out of the water and STILL things keep popping up out of nowhere to get in the way of things. Fck knows how hard it must be to keep development and production of entire machines on track. I don't know why ANYONE who is making a serious go at trying to get something done in this world would take the time to answer to some pissant knowitall with "hard" fking questions. They would generally just be too fking busy, doing something.

#5564 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

No, it's not odd at all actually. What is odd is how the hard questions are always evaded. I would keep the back and forth banter going but I have to head to church. I'll check back with you later.

Hard questions? There are no hard questions. Sj1000 is not coming off professional and the "concerns" he is bringing up are described in confusing ways.

This is not the thread to address lawsuits. Please go create a separate thread for that and keep the non sense in there. This thread is for Hobbit updates.

#5565 9 years ago

Well, back on topic. Does anyone know if the Hobbit showed at MGC will the model that will be at the Allentown show? I imagine jack wants to show the latest game at allentown since its a long time show for him and local.

I'd like to see glowing eyes smaug, that looks bad ass! 2 weeks to go for Allentown!

#5566 9 years ago

Why feed the trolls? Enough, draining subject, nothing of value here. I'll go to JJP for updates when I feel the need for any real updates.

#5567 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Why feed the trolls? Enough, draining subject, nothing of value here. I'll go to JJP for updates when I feel the need for any real updates.

I am with you John, every now and again we get good updates in this thread, and then we get JJP haters coming on here and spewing this crap. Then they have the gall to say "I just want it to be good, or I am just looking out for the JJP buyer, blah, blah, blah". Seriously, as someone else pointed out - please take that shit to another thread so we can just focus this one on hobbit updates. Don't come in here with that crap. If we want to read it, and it has any merit whatsoever, we will certainly go and read it in the other thread.

I would love for JJP to start saturating this thread with cool updates, news, mode information, and all that. If JJP just wants to place info on the Google group to save time we would be happy to post it here as well.

#5568 9 years ago

Just about time to close this thread. Nothing good is coming out of it. From the man himself, machines will most likely be shipping in May. Code is coming along well. Looks fantastic. It is not the same as LOTR, it is a wide body, some people don't like that. The playfield is wide open in the middle, but the pop-ups add a dimension to the game play that will be fun. Best thing is to just sit back and wait for shipping to start. There will be no further changes to the aesthetics of the machine. I have one on order, I've played the prototypes, and I'm happy. It will be more of a "shot based" game than a high speed loopy game. More TSPP speed than Tron speed. Nice to have variety if you have multiple pins.Hobbit and JJ.jpgHobbit and JJ.jpg

#5569 9 years ago

Wisdom from down under!

#5570 9 years ago

I am NOT trolling but honestly, for peace of mind, can JJP please produce some photos of Hobbit parts being stockpiled (like playfields) and a production line coming together?? If games have any chance of shipping in the next 6 weeks these things should be happening, right?

#5571 9 years ago

JJP has already produced something like 2,500 pins. I am not worried.

#5572 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

JJP has already produced something like 2,500 pins. I am not worried.

I agree, pics of stockpiles of parts would be for a manufacturing proof of a company that hasn't produced in large numbers. There have been literally thousands of WOZ machines built, shipped, and played...so no worries on the hobbit.

#5573 9 years ago

I appreciate that you're not concerned and let's just say by all likelihood you'll get your games soon enough. However, am I wrong to assume that in order for game 1 of Hobbit to ship by the end of May parts should have already started arriving and a production line should have started being put together in order for that to happen? Playfield artwork was finalized long ago so I would think there should at least be plenty of those on site now, right? Is it really crossing a line to ask for evidence of a production line coming together? Why would JJP want to hold that news back?

#5574 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I appreciate that you're not concerned and let's just say by all likelihood you'll get your games soon enough. However, am I wrong to assume that in order for game 1 of Hobbit to ship by the end of May parts should have already started arriving and a production line should have started being put together in order for that to happen? Playfield artwork was finalized long ago so I would think there should at least be plenty of those on site now, right? Is it really crossing a line to ask for evidence of a production line coming together? Why would JJP want to hold that news back?

Jesus dude. Give it a rest. It's not that far a drive over to Jersey from MI. Go check it out and see for yourself.

#5575 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

If you really need to know what's going on give Jack a call.

#5576 9 years ago

Not sure if this video has been posted yet or not but hoping this gets the discussion back on track

#5577 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I am NOT trolling but honestly, for peace of mind, can JJP please produce some photos of Hobbit parts being stockpiled (like playfields) and a production line coming together?? If games have any chance of shipping in the next 6 weeks these things should be happening, right?

I can forward you pictures of Predator parts stockpiled.... So what?

JJP can MAKE games, that's proven.

To me, the only question mark is can they do it without prepayment. Until JJP (or any startup) can build machines without prepayment money (and worse, prepayment money from the following game already in the bank!), then their financial model is suspect.

Having said that, I doubt many TH folks need to be "educated" on the risk by you or SuperJerk1000. They've all lived though the WOZ drama and surely understand the calculated risk they are choosing to take.

#5578 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I am NOT trolling but honestly, for peace of mind, can JJP please produce some photos of Hobbit parts being stockpiled (like playfields) and a production line coming together??

No. They can't. Nor do they have an obligation to do so, especially to somebody without a preorder.

I have one and I don't even give a shit.

#5579 9 years ago

another video

#5580 9 years ago
Quoted from B9:

If you really need to know what's going on give Jack a call.

I do not trust Jack's words even remotely. He has proven they are meaningless. I prefer to see photographic evidence.

BUT, I don't even have skin in the game. That's the truth, I'll admit it. I just don't like what I'm seeing and history seems to be repeating itself all too quickly as of late. I would hate to see more pinball fans get hurt.

I want to believe everything is just great and going smoothly but common sense tells me otherwise.

If every pre-order person on here thinks it is too much to ask JJP for more information on Hobbit production and they do not want to hear me post about why this is very suspicious then I'll stop. If someone IS interested in more information please say so or PM me.

Enough said. I tried.

#5581 9 years ago

Radagast the Brown mode

Radagast_.jpgRadagast_.jpg

#5582 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

BUT, I don't even have skin in the game. That's the truth, I'll admit it. I just don't like what I'm seeing and history seems to be repeating itself all too quickly as of late. I would hate to see more pinball fans get hurt.
I want to believe everything is just great and going smoothly but common sense tells me otherwise.
If every pre-order person on here thinks it is too much to ask JJP for more information on Hobbit production and they do not want to hear me post about why this is very suspicious then I'll stop. If someone IS interested in more information please say so or PM me.
Enough said. I tried.

I understand totally! I was in on WOZ a few weeks after preorders opened and the two'ish year wait was very long filled with twists and turns. I always wanted to know more but never got so anxious as to ever need to call Jack. For me it was worth the wait because I really like WOZ it makes me think and choose my gameplay carefully if aiming for my personal best.

I got in on Hobbit day one

Sure I would have liked an interative Smaug, better GI lighting, or a half a dozen more things but I think it will all work out just fine.

#5583 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I would hate to see more pinball fans get hurt.

I'll be ok thanks.

#5584 9 years ago

Stop talking to the troll! You guys that are replying to him are just as guilty for messing up this thread! Ignore him or just don't reply. Sheesh.

#5585 9 years ago

I remember with WOZ there was all the "It's just a Ponzi scheme" and "$100 say resale drops big time" crap. Don't believe it. My WOZ, though not perfect, is a masterpiece. Anything else seems rather 2nd rate in comparison. The video interactive part JJP has brought to pinball will just get better and better. The wait's a pain but Hobbit will be well worth it.

#5586 9 years ago

Really? Photos of parts? And you're not on the preorder list?

Okay, dude. You're totally *not* a troll... sure...

#5587 9 years ago

I am sure this has been brought up, but I'm not digging through all the posts. On the left wireform how does the ball divert down to the bow kick back? I see the wireform just not sure how the ball gets diverted to the lower left kick back.

#5588 9 years ago

Jack posted this video on Twitter.

I really like it

Aaah.....already been posted....sorry.

#5589 9 years ago

What is the wireform on the far left just floating there next to the left lane return. I can't tell from any of the vids or pics if/how the ball would ever get on that.

#5590 9 years ago

Personally, I assign no credibility in the statements of anonymous posters. Even (especially) if I know who they are. If you have something important to say than why hide behind a screen name?

In the interest of full disclosure I preordered and received WOZLE and have a Hobbit ordered also.

Parker 248-361-9349.

#5591 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

What is the wireform on the far left just floating there next to the left lane return. I can't tell from any of the vids or pics if/how the ball would ever get on that.

Diverter on the left side wireform can pop it from the main return over to that one.

#5592 9 years ago
Quoted from michiganpinball:

Personally, I assign no credibility in the statements of anonymous posters. Even (especially) if I know who they are. If you have something important to say than why hide behind a screen name?
In the interest of full disclosure I preordered and received WOZLE and have a Hobbit ordered also.
Parker 248-361-9349.

Trolls, by nature, just throw crap and hide. They usually create new accounts, in part to hide their identity - or because their other account was banned/suspended.

#5593 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Diverter on the left side wireform can pop it from the main return over to that one.

Yes, at TPF Butch Peel told me there will be a device to do exactly that.

#5594 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Oh, is that to load the windlance? I assume when this happens that ball stop is there to hold the ball waiting for you to hit the center button? If not, then the ball just drains down the outlane which seems like it would suck.

#5595 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Oh, is that to load the windlance? I assume when this happens that ball stop is there to hold the ball waiting for you to hit the center button? If not, then the ball just drains down the outlane which seems like it would suck.

Yeah, it holds in the outlane and you can launch it with the lockdown bar button.

#5596 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

At just about the 25 second mark in the video above, you can see a right ramp shot get diverted to the kickback and held.

#5597 9 years ago

I hope the windlance and lockdown bar button are present in the game at Allentown! It sounds like great fun taking a shot at the dragon. 10 more days to go to see the game again ....last time I saw it was at EXPO and I enjoyed talking with the team. Great group of guys....

#5598 9 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Yes, at TPF Butch Peel told me there will be a device to do exactly that.

So this is not on the machine in the current videos and will be added later?

#5599 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

At just about the 25 second mark in the vido above, you can see a right ramp shot get diverted to the kickback and held.

Nice catch. Then it is shot out about 4 seconds later.

#5600 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

At just about the 25 second mark in the vido above, you can see a right ramp shot get diverted to the kickback and held.

Totally missed that. Does the kickback have variable strength? When it got kicked out in the video it didn't make it anywhere near the upper flipper, which is what I thought it was supposed to be for.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.