47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 201.
#501 10 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

April Fool's.....

I wondered about that...

#502 10 years ago

Jack ... mentioned he was being deliberately vague on this.?

That seems out of character for him.....

#504 10 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Here is an update for you...
They just gained 6 more months.
In shocking news, Warner Bros. today announced that the release of The Hobbit: There And Back Again will be pushed back so the final film of Bilbo Baggins’ adventure can premiere at Comic-Con in July 2015. The new worldwide release date is July 29, 2015.
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2014/04/01/87992-there-and-back-again-moves-to-july-2015-world-premiere-at-comic-con/

April Fools. Although I bet JJP wishes it was true.

#505 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

April Fools. Although I bet JJP wishes it was true.

LOL!

Ironically, the delays in Fast & Furious and Superman vs. Batman have sent Stern scrambling......

#507 10 years ago

Such an awesome April Fools gag.

#508 10 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Jack requires prepayment

For some folks JJP's pre-payment plan is pure evil. But I'd like to have the sky cleared by now on that part. Because very recently I ordered my own THLE machine (Yes, one of those last 40 Dannunz was talking about...) (and hell yeah managed to get a low number (rumors are it's below #50...) ) and my distributer allows me to "self fill in the payments, as long as the machine is paid in full before delivery"!
- I did make a reasonable DP and seem to be able to pay the rest as I prefer...

That situation makes me wonder if anybody has got confirmed JJP really OBLIGATES pre-orders to rigidly follow the payment schedule or holds it more like a guideline?

Btw... I got some confirmed info -> Shipping will begin in November or December.
- That makes development is nicely on schedule

#509 10 years ago

I traded for the #15 spot some time back. It is supposed to be one of the first 10 produced so I'm really stoked for the holidays. The gentleman I traded it for paid a premium for the # and production spot.

Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

That situation makes me wonder if anybody has got confirmed JJP really OBLIGATES pre-orders to rigidly follow the payment schedule or holds it more like a guideline?
Btw... I got some confirmed info -> Shipping will begin in November or December.

My buddy is on the payment plan. When he went to pay over the phone, he discussed the lack of transparency on the Hobbit. Jen told him if he didn't feel comfortable with what was being disclosed that he didn't need to make another payment until he was. He said it seemed as if they weren't too concerned about it. I wouldn't of believed it if it weren't from my best friend.

#510 10 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I traded for the #15 spot some time back. It is supposed to be one of the first 10 produced so I'm really stoked for the holidays. The gentleman I traded it for paid a premium for the # and production spot.

Hmm... Why does this gentleman pay a premium to get so closed at pole position..... and give up?

Quoted from TaTa:

I wouldn't believed it if it weren't from my best friend.

Even it's not my best friend, I do believe him. From own experience so far Jack and his team seem very nice, friendly and helpfull people. I have no contradicting evidence they won't do the upmost to deliver as promised, so me too can't wait to get Bilbo Baggins knocking on my door...

#511 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here's the comments made about The Hobbit from TPF.
From Pinball News
"After showing a brief trailer, Jack said he had been to the JJP mid-west location to play one of the two whitewoods for The Hobbit, which he said is a very different game to The Wizard of Oz. He described how it uses the same driver board as The Wizard of Oz, but where in that game there are seventeen unused drivers, these are all used in The Hobbit.
Although the details have not been revealed yet, Jack said Smaug - the dragon - will be positioned on a mountain on the upper left side of the playfield and would interact with the ball in a couple of ways. He also described it as a strategy game with more than two controls on each side which the player can use to control what happens on the playfield."
Also about half way down the page below you will find the audio clip from when JJP spoke at TPF. Jacks comments about The Hobbit are in the first 10 minutes of the video.
http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/tpf2014/index4.html
I think the coolest thing said during the JJP panel is Jack mentioning that The Hobbit will have even more features / toys packed in then WOZ. Jack said that The Hobbit uses all 17 unused IO driver port inputs that we're not used on WOZ!

Thanks Panzer, I asked you this exact question three weeks ago, better late than never. Thanks : ))

#512 10 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Hmm... Why does this gentleman pay a premium to get so closed at Pole Position..... and give up?

I'm assuming TaTa is referring to me since he bought (traded for) my pre-order. I did pay in full on day one (and got the free shipping with it) but after a year I decided I didn't need one of the early games off the line (in fact, I'm not sure it's such a great idea.) I also wasn't happy with JJP's announcement of a 75th anniversary edition WOZ after I waited 2+ years to get the ECLE. Lastly, I did get a really nice collector quality AFM with color DMD. I'll likely get back in on Hobbit soon (really don't care where I am in the order) and I'm confident there are plenty left out there beyond the 40 pinballsales alone noted.

#513 10 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

First, I believe JJP is very flexible and understanding when it comes to payments and they will work with you. I will say customer support is excellent at PinballSales! No need to worry there.

As far as "confirmed" shipping in November or December? Well, I'm not sure who in the world could promise that right now. We had a lot (I mean a LOT) of target dates for shipping missed on WOZ. Yes, I realize this is #2 and should go smoother ... but anyone confirming a shipping date at this point is overly optimistic IMO. Let's just call it December-ISH.

#514 10 years ago

^^^^^^I'm happy to see there's a smiley face behind that^^^^^^^

#515 10 years ago

LOL!
Ironically, the delays in Fast & Furious and Superman vs. Batman have sent Stern scrambling......

Mustang = Fast and Furious retheme

PS - I just made that up

#516 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

JJP is very flexible and understanding when it comes to payments

That's my experience as well. They're doing whatever they can (when they can) to work with the community at large.

#517 10 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Mustang = Fast and Furious retheme
PS - I just made that up

If it was Borg's summer pin.......I'd say yes.

#518 10 years ago

Hobbit whitewood

296.jpg296.jpg

#519 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hobbit whitewood

296.jpg 36 KB

Looks like more info on this one... can anyone clean it up or extrapolate? I see some Smaugage

hobsmall.pnghobsmall.png

178201-i.jpg178201-i.jpg
#520 10 years ago

Display animations update:

#521 10 years ago

Rollovers spell 'Lock'

I really like the animations and the sound.

#522 10 years ago

So, WOZ 3.0 is the final version?

#523 10 years ago

Hobbit, what??

#524 10 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

can anyone clean it up or extrapolate?

Here, cleaned up Smaug's edges a bit.

smaug detail.JPGsmaug detail.JPG

#525 10 years ago

The display effects and music look great! I really hope they can bring this game to market on time and get their production kinks figured out before it's released.

#526 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Display animations and sound update:
» YouTube video

DAMN! That "Extra Ball" animation is very cool! Looks like there's been more than a few changes to the playfield layout too. There appears to be a lot more going on based off of the updated playfield layout.

#527 10 years ago

Really like that interface.

#528 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

DAMN! That "Extra Ball" animation is very cool! Looks like there's been more than a few changes to the playfield layout too. There appears to be a lot more going on based off of the updated playfield layout.

Yes, 'extra ball' animation is cool. Look at the reflection in the ball, talking about detail

Playfield layout seems much more matured.

#529 10 years ago

I like the pic of Joe playing .. but that's about it as far as new info, right? (which needs forensics experts to find new info in it, lol). The teaser video isn't showing anything new, is it? Or is the one clip of 'Extra Ball' new? I can't remember. Regardless, while I get they don't want to reveal much of the game right now, I'm still very surprised they can't/won't tell us new information about the game. Like, will there be a 'regular' edition? When will it be announced? What are the features of the LE? Will there be a topper .... will there be a wooden apron ... different artwork ... what? I hope we learn more before December.

#530 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There appears to be a lot more going on based off of the updated playfield layout.

Definitely changed the inserts mid-playfield, between the slings and the arrow shapes. Added a few inserts to the ramp entrances. Looks like the upper popups changed positions slightly. Wish Jack would have released the full resolution CAD layout.

#531 10 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Wish Jack would have released the full resolution CAD layout.

This feels a bit like seeing all your presents before they get wrapped for Xmas to me....

I'm really looking forward to seeing/playing this machine, but I'm afraid every minutia of the game will be poured over and analyzed to death before the game is ever shipped.

I know they HAD to dribble out data on WoZ to keep the investors sane, but I really hope they STOP doing this soon.... maybe I'm in the minority (it would be the first time )

#532 10 years ago

Man, I just hope Smaug looks super cool (and detailed) and not cheezy. Fingers crossed. I'd probably sleep just fine from now until release if I could just see what this one toy figure will look like.

#533 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I like the pic of Joe playing .. but that's about it as far as new info, right? (which needs forensics experts to find new info in it, lol). The teaser video isn't showing anything new, is it? Or is the one clip of 'Extra Ball' new? I can't remember. Regardless, while I get they don't want to reveal much of the game right now, I'm still very surprised they can't/won't tell us new information about the game. Like, will there be a 'regular' edition? When will it be announced? What are the features of the LE? Will there be a topper .... will there be a wooden apron ... different artwork ... what? I hope we learn more before December.

Teaser is completely new from the one they posted in January. New UI, animations. Same music.

#534 10 years ago

Nice! Very happy we have this company making new machines.

#535 10 years ago

everything is looking good, can't wait to see how this game pans out. Very interested to see more mechanics and toys on the playfield.

#536 10 years ago

Looking good. I am wondering if there will be some "Shadow" like ramp action since there will be extra buttons (if I understood Jack's seminar speech right?) and those ramps looks like they could have diverter options on them?

Would be fun if that is the case.

#537 10 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Looking good. I am wondering if there will be some "Shadow" like ramp action since there will be extra buttons (if I understood Jack's seminar speech right?)

That is what I took from it also. Some type of ball divertor or some way to interact with the ball. I really like how it worked on shadow so anything with more ball control and influence like that is cool in my book!

#538 10 years ago

Smaug.jpgSmaug.jpg
I can kind of see Smaug in that new playfield pic looking like this drawing (head pointing down toward the flippers). You can also kind of make out the outline of a pile of Gold that Smaug is sitting on. I'm a little surprised if that area is drawn roughly to scale then Smaug might be a little smaller than I thought he would be. Additionally it looks like room between those drop targets and Smaug almost like there is room for the ball to go all the way around Smaug and the Gold? Else, it's just not drawn to scale.

#539 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I can kind of see Smaug in that new playfield pic looking like this drawing (head pointing down toward the flippers). You can also kind of make out the outline of a pile of Gold that Smaug is sitting on. I'm a little surprised if that area is drawn roughly to scale then Smaug might be a little smaller than I thought he would be. Additionally it looks like room between those drop targets and Smaug almost like there is room for the ball to go all the way around Smaug and the Gold? Else, it's just not drawn to scale.

Smaug.jpg 24 KB

Could it be a small, tight loop around Smaug that you have to hit a number of times in order to sneakily grab the Arkenstone, that would be cool?

Post edited by Sly_Old_Devil: got my Arkenstone mixed with Oakensheild, don't make this mistake at home kids. lol.

#540 10 years ago

This is exciting

I'm really digging what I see so far

Got a feeling when this puppy is done, in stock & shipping I will scoop one up.

Till then I sit back & wait to see how many Bene gets first lol

#541 10 years ago

That's enough revealing for me. Happy to be suprised without any more info. Patience is a virtue.

#542 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Stern doesn't start asking for payment 18 months in advance, Stern has a history of consistently producing new titles on a predictable timeline, and Stern can safely be assumed to be on solid financial footing.

yeah, and Stern is not innovating at all; in fact they are putting less and less on the pf, and maintaining the practice of releasing games with basic/incomplete code, if ST is any indication. They are just taking advantage of the noob 'collectors' who pay ridiculous premiums for cheap accessorizing. And they are on a production schedule to crank out the next licensed game on time, not trying to move pinball forward. All well and good, but I'll still give an innovative new pinball platform/company/system some slack for their first effort. And it looks like the Hobbit is even revamping a lot of stuff learned from the WOZ design/production.

#543 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

yeah, and Stern is not innovating at all; in fact they are putting less and less on the pf, and maintaining the practice of releasing games with basic/incomplete code, if ST is any indication. They are just taking advantage of the noob 'collectors' who pay ridiculous premiums for cheap accessorizing. And they are on a production schedule to crank out the next licensed game on time, not trying to move pinball forward. All well and good, but I'll still give an innovative new pinball platform/company/system some slack for their first effort. And it looks like the Hobbit is even revamping a lot of stuff learned from the WOZ design/production.

Well spoken...

#544 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Hey, you'll get no argument from me when referencing STLE like this, lol. I saw it as a huge disappointment but some folks seem to love it.

#545 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Yep, it's where we've been ever since the Williams shut down and that's not gonna change. Thank goodness for JJP and others.

#546 10 years ago

I really like the display layout for the Hobbit

#547 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Yep, it's where we've been ever since the Williams shut down and that's not gonna change. Thank goodness for JJP and others.

I agree...kinda...

Stern wont necessarily have to change until JJP starts shipping in a reasonable and reliable manner (aka no -ish's)

Also, I'm afraid Stern may still feel they can ship out the "same ol, same ol" when the quasi-competition is selling machines for $8K and they can still ship a machine at $5K.

#548 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I agree...kinda...
Stern wont necessarily have to change until JJP starts shipping in a reasonable and reliable manner (aka no -ish's)
Also, I'm afraid Stern may still feel they can ship out the "same ol, same ol" when the quasi-competition is selling machines for $8K and they can still ship a machine at $5K.

And get close to $8k for an LE.

#549 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

...grab the Oakenshield...

Hmmm...I think you mean arkenstone. I'll leave the grabbing of the Oakenshield for you.

#550 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Hmmm...I think you mean arkenstone. I'll leave the grabbing of the Oakenshield for you.

lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 25.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.