Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 201.
#5401 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I can understand why people are raising a bit of hell about it being late, but here is my take on it: If they had finished the pin and are just waiting for parts or like causes for the delay I would be disappointed too, but they seem to be adding improvements to the game, getting actors for call outs (which I will be very appreciative of), and things like that. So if they are continuing to add value to the hobbit then I will wait. Within reason of course. Not sure where it the breaking point for me is yet. I would be surprised if it takes to the end of summer and after that I would give it the ole WTF? ...

I'm honestly not trying to throw stones here. I'm involved in a pin now too, I don't want to pretend it's easy, there's a ton of work ahead.

I just wish these companies would be a little more forthcoming with their communication. One thing I really love about working with Andrew Heighway is he's a straight shooter. His Alien thread was all I want from people. He said sorry we're late, here's what we're working on, here's when we hope to update again. And everyone was happy to just be told the truth.

I don't really care that Hobbit is late, if they need more time it's better to give it to them. But it feels like a weird limbo to me. No one really knows what's going on. And if you've already sent in money that doesn't feel particularly fair. If the Pat Lawlor game is late it's different, we haven't been shown anything or paid for anything. We have no high ground on that. But when you're a pre-order "investor" it only seems right to have some sense of the progress is all.

#5402 4 years ago

I do agree that transparent communication about the true state of the project would be great. I think Jack likes giving surprises on the features - and perhaps I am giving him the benefit of the doubt with that reason. Perhaps it is better to just let people know what is going on? They can put it in a favorable light - like we are continuing to improve the pin into what we feel best represents our company and to make the pin as fun as we can. Not something like, excuse a, excuse b - we're trying...

One thing is for sure, after the expo they did a ton to get it back to a favorable status - what if they had gone with that version???? /shudder

#5403 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I do agree that transparent communication about the true state of the project would be great. I think Jack likes giving surprises on the features - and perhaps I am giving him the benefit of the doubt with that reason. Perhaps it is better to just let people know what is going on? They can put it in a favorable light - like we are continuing to improve the pin into what we feel best represents our company and to make the pin as fun as we can. Not something like, excuse a, excuse b - we're trying...
One thing is for sure, after the expo they did a ton to get it back to a favorable status - what if they had gone with that version???? /shudder

You don't have to give anything away. Again, look at Andrew's Alien update. No art. No specifics. But he did give you an idea of what was going on, we we're working on, and you got a sense for where you stood with it all.

#5404 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I really love about working with Andrew Heighway is he's a straight shooter.

Look, I know you're new there, but let's not pat ourselves TOO much on the back here.

indeed

You can call it a cheap shot, and maybe you'd be right. But, just sayin'. You're now a member of another company calling out other companies, and speaking from personal experience, you may want to tread lightly. Or not. Up to you. Just some friendly advice. Your words will contain extra and/or possibly unintended weight, and may be in a good way or a bad way.

Look, I try to remain active in the community talking about older games, older and current experiences, love doing pinball commentary when I can (and like to think I'm extremely professional and neutral as possible when it comes to that)... I think you'll find I keep my comments on-camera factual and very low on opinion when it comes to Stern games. (I haven't had to comment on any other active pinball company yet.) It's not becoming, would probably put me in a bad light, would put JJP in a bad light, and while many might find the dramz entertaining, I'm not so sure papa.tv would, and for all those reasons I'm just quiet. There was one instance during the expo marathon broadcast where the question was posed about TWDs viability as a location piece or something, and I just politely recused myself.

As for us, there are lots of reasons why things happen and get pushed back. People may think Hobbit code should be further along, and maybe they're right. But we also did a LOT of work putting out an entire new subsystem in our core software for Pindemption™ and that certainly pushed us back some. However, it was decided that that was an important direction for our company and so we went about it, got it done, and premiered it to much surprise and applause at a major international trade show.

I can understand this may bum some people out, but I think people would be appreciative that we're around for the long haul too, and not just looking at the next month.

#5405 4 years ago

Says the man with the "Bash Gary" avatar.

Yes, I freely admit my personal complicity in this scandal, having actively encouraged such openly rebellious but exceedingly funny behavior.

Quoted from micro:

IMG_2106.PNG (Click image to enlarge)
Bash Gary 2.0!

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Awesome. Should make it my Avatar.

Quoted from Razorbak86:

That would be so fucking funny! LOL

PS - I'm just kidding, of course. Please don't change it.

#5406 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Says the man with the "Bash Gary" Avatar.

Yes, I freely admit my personal complicity in this scandal, having actively encouraged such openly rebellious but exceedingly funny behavior.
PS - I'm just kidding, of course. Please don't change it.

LOL

#5407 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Says the man with the "Bash Gary" Avatar

I know you're joking, but I will just say that thing has deep personal meaning based on many complex feels from the time the project was going on (and obviously nothing to do with JJP), so it wasn't really that hard to talk me into it.

#5408 4 years ago

Look, I know you're new there, but let's not pat ourselves TOO much on the back here.
indeed
You can call it a cheap shot, and maybe you'd be right. But, just sayin'. You're now a member of another company calling out other companies, and speaking from personal experience, you may want to tread lightly. Or not. Up to you. Just some friendly advice. Your words will contain extra and/or possibly unintended weight, and may be in a good way or a bad way.
Look, I try to remain active in the community talking about older games, older and current experiences, love doing pinball commentary when I can (and like to think I'm extremely professional and neutral as possible when it comes to that)... I think you'll find I keep my comments on-camera factual and very low on opinion when it comes to Stern games. (I haven't had to comment on any other active pinball company yet.) It's not becoming, would probably put me in a bad light, would put JJP in a bad light, and while many might find the dramz entertaining, I'm not so sure papa.tv would, and for all those reasons I'm just quiet. There was one instance during the expo marathon broadcast where the question was posed about TWDs viability as a location piece or something, and I just politely recused myself.
As for us, there are lots of reasons why things happen and get pushed back. People may think Hobbit code should be further along, and maybe they're right. But we also did a LOT of work putting out an entire new subsystem in our core software for Pindemption™ and that certainly pushed us back some. However, it was decided that that was an important direction for our company and so we went about it, got it done, and premiered it to much surprise and applause at a major international trade show.
I can understand this may bum some people out, but I think people would be appreciative that we're around for the long haul too, and not just looking at the next month.

A Great (speaking from experience) post AND you have just done what Aurich was talking about (albeit retrospectively) in that you mentioned that you guys were/are working on Pindemption which explains a lot. I hadn't thought about that option at all until you just said it and it makes perfect business sense. If it was mentioned as part of an earlier JJP Hobbit update (when you were flat-Tac with Pindemption) then maybe there would be less "this code should be further on" posts. But this is Pinside so maybe not

Keep up the good work and thanks again for keeping it real it is always appreciated.

#5409 4 years ago

I talked to my brother in law who has a Hobbit pre ordered. He called ministry of pinball (jjp dealer for the benelux) a few days back to get an update for delivery here in Belgium. He asked if its weeks or months. The people told it probably won't arrive before the end of this year over here.
Some parts needed to be produced and this was planned (delayed?) for june or even july.
Dunno if this will prove true, it was a guess on their side. But damn if this is true, that's a major delay then.

Maybe some other dealers can shed light on this?

#5410 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

31 modes may sound fun but will be far to easy or never seen so that it does not matter how they are. AC/DC has 12 modes and inless you are a presoon who reachs wizard mode two of the games on AC/DC what good is haveing 30 modes. I would rather have 12/15 chalanging modes then easy modes or know I will never see half my game.

Please tell me you are not a US citizen.

#5411 4 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

I talked to my brother in law who has a Hobbit pre ordered. He called ministry of pinball (jjp dealer for the benelux) a few days back to get an update for delivery here in Belgium. He asked if its weeks or months. The people told it probably won't arrive before the end of this year over here.
Some parts needed to be produced and this was planned (delayed?) for june or even july.
Dunno if this will prove true, it was a guess on their side. But damn if this is true, that's a major delay then.
Maybe some other dealers can shed light on this?

Yep, I was told the same by our UK distro, he's guessing it will be around the end of the year before we get it here. Seems realistic as the exports are unlikely to be in the first production run.

#5412 4 years ago

You're right, it is a cheap shot. If you're going to quote something please have the courtesy to link it, so that the context can be seen. I presume that's Pinball News from the color, but I have no idea what the rest of it says.

Secondly, this isn't about hitting a schedule. As I clearly said, it doesn't matter that Hobbit is late, it's obvious that it's a better game for not being out in December. What I don't like is the big silences. From any company. You're reinventing ticket pinball, great, that's fine. If it's something that makes JJP a more viable company I don't think anyone would begrudge you making that a priority. You can't make Hobbits if you're not making money.

Seriously, no sarcasm, that's great. I want JJP to thrive.

I just wish that companies, and I mean all companies, would just say what's up if they're going to take pre-order money. JJP yes, but also Zidware, Dutch Pinball, Rick, Spooky, and Heighway too. For obvious reasons Kevin's not on that list, and is sadly the worst case scenario that silences bring to mind now.

Here's what I respect about what Andrew did. He said an Alien update was coming. On the appointed date when everyone was hoping to see art he said "sorry, we can't show anything". Instead, he explained what was currently happening (didn't announce my involvement then), and what was planned. Nothing secret. Nothing the licensor would have issues with. Just an update.

I'd love to see Jack do that too. A little regular update would do wonders for people's confidence. Hey, you don't have dates you're comfortable sharing, that's fine. Don't be more specific than you feel comfortable with. Just share a little status report.

Hell, I wish Stern would do that with their code situation. This really is about everyone, not JJP.

Yes, I'm working on Alien. And I'd love for it to go smoothly. But who knows. If it's late because we needed more time to make it right I'd rather that happened than we put it out wrong. I'm not trying to set myself up to be a hypocrite. I'd just hope that we would keep everyone informed if we missed a deadline we made public.

Bottom line though is I don't speak for Heighway. I'm not an employee, I don't own a share of the company. So while I appreciate that you're trying to advise me, I'm still a member of this community first. Pinball isn't my career, it's still my hobby. I don't intend to muzzle myself. I'll accept any consequences that has.

#5413 4 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

AND you have just done what Aurich was talking about (albeit retrospectively) in that you mentioned that you guys were/are working on Pindemption which explains a lot. I hadn't thought about that option at all until you just said it and it makes perfect business sense. If it was mentioned as part of an earlier JJP Hobbit update (when you were flat-Tac with Pindemption) then maybe there would be less "this code should be further on" posts.

That's all I'm saying. And it doesn't even have to be "hey, we stopped working on Hobbit to make ticket WOZ", that's a little negative sounding. I don't expect anyone to do crappy PR for themselves.

I guess I just see Jack posting here, I see Keefer posting here (and I enjoy your posts, wish you would feel more free to post more often) I know you guys are around. We see posts with mentions of things (like voice actor auditions) or the just referenced ticket stuff. Why not just be slightly more formal/serious about putting that out?

Recording some callouts isn't a big deal. Maybe you love to save it until the end. I think it just feels weird when news like that leaks out unofficially, combined with the silence (and yes, things are late, but again, that's not really the concern, just context) makes people worry more. "Wait, that's not done? What's going on?" As opposed to "cool, nice to see things are moving along". It's more perception than anything else.

Anyways, I'm really not trying to lecture JJP about how to do their PR. I'm saying that as a pinball enthusiast, and member of the community, I wish companies could be just a little more communicative, because I think it would lead to a lot more positive feelings here in general.

#5414 4 years ago

I know you're joking, but I will just say that thing has deep personal meaning based on many complex feels from the time the project was going on (and obviously nothing to do with JJP), so it wasn't really that hard to talk me into it.

Yeah, it seemed like an easy push. But it looks good on you, so don't change it until you get bored of it and want to try something new!

#5415 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I believe it took Stern around 6 months to release the update with Karl Urban callouts...After WOZ was released Keith and Ted cranked out nearly a dozen code updates in 6 months.

Four years one game

#5416 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Four years one game

I'm sick of your negativity, it's all you do. What f$?@ing game have you ever manufactured?

#5417 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

31 modes may sound fun but will be far to easy or never seen so that it does not matter how they are. AC/DC has 12 modes and inless you are a presoon who reachs wizard mode two of the games on AC/DC what good is haveing 30 modes. I would rather have 12/15 chalanging modes then easy modes or know I will never see half my game.

Well, lets look at AC/DC. The modes are non-linear...you can pick any one you want in any order. So anyone who plays 12 games on AC/DC has the opportunity to see all 12 songs/modes. I have no idea how the Hobbit modes will play out - but I have to assume they'll be non-linear in some respect...so there's probably a good chance average players will get to experience most of them.

#5418 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I have no idea how the Hobbit modes will play out - but I have to assume they'll be non-linear in some respect...so there's probably a good chance average players will get to experience most of them.

My guess is that they'll be a lot like either WOZ or TSPP and be mostly non-linear. If you look at the TSPP rule-set there is close to 30 modes. I'm guessing many of Hobbit's modes will be Hurry-ups/2x scoring variety mixed along with some longer objective based modes.

From the top of my head on Simpsons:
7 TV modes
5 Treehouse modes
4 Daredevil Modes
10 2x Scoring Otto modes
Doh Frenzy
Comic Book Guy hurry-ups

Also all of the various multiballs (Pretzel, 3x I&s, etc)

30 modes is a ton but we've seen games in the past with nearly that many modes.

#5419 4 years ago

Hey guys, you're missing a big clue - both Ted and Keith have *posted in this thread*. They're clearly listening, and responding.

Maybe you should cut the professional pinball developers some slack? They might have an idea of what they're doing.

#5420 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

My guess is that they'll be a lot like either WOZ or TSPP and be mostly non-linear. If you look at the TSPP rule-set there is close to 30 modes. I'm guessing many of Hobbit's modes will be Hurry-ups/2x scoring variety mixed along with some longer objective based modes.
From the top of my head on Simpsons:
7 TV modes
5 Treehouse modes
4 Daredevil Modes
10 2x Scoring Otto modes
Doh Frenzy
Comic Book Guy hurry-ups
Also all of the various multiballs (Pretzel, 3x I&s, etc)
30 modes is a ton but we've seen games in the past with nearly that many modes.

Daredevil Modes hurry-ups Otto modes all single shot modes still rather have 12/15 multi shot modes

#5421 4 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

I'm sick of your negativity, it's all you do. What f$?@ing game have you ever manufactured?

My comment was in response to Stern bashing in a Hobbit thread. If you want to piss and moan about negativity go callout people who try to build up JJP by putting down Stern

#5422 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Four years one game

More like 4 years:
1) new business
2) new suppliers
3) new platform
4) new hardware
5) new lighting system (GI and Feature lamp)
6) new LCD integration
7) new cabinet design/hardware
8) new base code and framework
9) new game software from ground up
10) new manufacturing line

You could go on and on. 4 years to put out an ambitious forward thinking game is pretty impressive. Spooky did it too but on a much smaller scale and with less innovation. They are no less impressive. Quit trolling and get real dude.

#5423 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

My comment was in response to Stern bashing in a Hobbit thread. If you want to piss and moan about negativity go callout people who try to build up JJP by putting down Stern

Stern can hold its own without your help. Your crying in a JJP thread has no affect other than to make you look like troll, or weak, or both.

#5424 4 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Stern can hold its own without your help. Your crying in a JJP thread has no affect other than to make you look like troll, or weak, or both.

I am not crying all the crying seems to be done by the people who read my comment boo hoo

#5425 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Four years one game

I'm not wasting my time arguing with you. You have been a troll in this thread and JJP threads for months now. Please leave...finally...you bring zero value to any JJP related thread.

#5426 4 years ago

So , how bout that Hobbit this is a Hobbit thread right.

#5427 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

I am not crying all the crying seems to be done by the people who read my comment boo hoo

Anyone who reads your posts weeps for the fate of the English language.

#5428 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You're right, it is a cheap shot. If you're going to quote something please have the courtesy to link it, so that the context can be seen. I presume that's Pinball News from the color, but I have no idea what the rest of it says.

Fair enough, here you go. Game #2, summer 2013!!

Quoted from Aurich:

Bottom line though is I don't speak for Heighway. I'm not an employee, I don't own a share of the company. So while I appreciate that you're trying to advise me, I'm still a member of this community first. Pinball isn't my career, it's still my hobby. I don't intend to muzzle myself. I'll accept any consequences that has.

Not trying to be a dick to you, and this is the last I'll say on the matter: You're not the first person to try that, as I think we all know. Perceptions are reality, and it's worse on the internet. Good luck with your endeavors (seriously).

#5429 4 years ago

Perceptions are reality, and it's worse on the internet.

Truth. Being straight forward and honest has served me well though over the long term. Occasionally gets me in trouble, no doubt, but I'm going to stick with it.

I'd rather be known as a straight shooter who's sometimes a little too blunt or opinionated than someone who is overly cautious.

If nothing else I would hope that people know by now that I mean what I say, and that I do my best to act in a manor that espouses what I preach. I'm not running a giant pinball company, just a guy doing hobby mods that turned into working on a pin. But anyone who's ever dealt with me should be able to say that I never left them hanging, that I communicated in a timely manner, and did my best to take care of any issues that arose.

It's because of that that I feel like I can say communicating isn't hard. No one is working so much they don't have time to send an email to the group or post an update. It's a choice to not do so. And it's just my personal feeling that if you want to work that way you shouldn't take pre-order money. Because once you do I feel like you owe those people more.

Thanks for the link. I have no problems with games being late. Hobbit or Full Throttle or anything else. Shit happens, and I'm realistic about it. Pinball is complicated, manufacturing is complicated, and marrying the two doesn't do either any favors in the easy department. Just let people know what's up, pinball folk are amazingly patient, they just want to be treated like adults who have skin in the game.

#5430 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Never? You'll be blown away.

I got to finally play a JJP game for the first time at MGC last weekend and Pimp77 you were absolutely right. I was awestruck when I first saw them. Beautiful machines. I enjoyed WOZ a lot more than I had expected. TH is on an entirely different level from anything else I played at the event. The pop up enemies add a real dynamic nature to the playfield and I loved Smaug taunting the ball. My wife and I went to MGC to play as many games as possible to get an idea for what I'd like my first pin to be. We are both big LOTR fans and both loved TH pin, so we decided that The Hobbit LE will be our first pin and put in a pre-order from a distributor at the event. Really looking forward to it.

#5431 4 years ago

PBBeerguy - You should have bought 3-4 DMD games for the price of that one TH . Plus - you could have been playing them now ! It will be a long wait till Christmas !

#5432 4 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

PBBeerguy - You should have bought 3-4 DMD games for the price of that one TH . Plus - you could have been playing them now ! It will be a long wait till Christmas !

Wow. The guy's excited about his first pin and you piss on his parade. What a buzzkill.

#5433 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wow. The guy's excited about his first pin and you piss on his parade. What a buzzkill.

I don't think it's a buzzkill, but reality. 200 game a month production rate is what I've seen as the current rate, 1200 preordered games to produce (I think I saw that number somewhere in this thread). Assuming that around 1/2 the builds are standards for sale as well like they did last time for WoZ, that's only 100 LE's a month, or a year to make them all after they start. It could be May next year before the current preordered games are all done (assuming they start production this May). This particular distributor may have games up front though, so maybe it will be in May/June this year for him, so in that case it's a short wait.

Obviously if they don't build standards then they should be done before Christmas.

#5434 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I don't think it's a buzzkill, but reality. 200 game a month production rate is what I've seen as the current rate, 1200 preordered games to produce (I think I saw that number somewhere in this thread). Assuming that around 1/2 the builds are standards for sale as well like they did last time for WoZ, that's only 100 LE's a month, or a year to make them all after they start. It could be May next year before the current preordered games are all done (assuming they start production this May). This particular distributor may have games up front though, so maybe it will be in May/June this year for him, so in that case it's a short wait.
Obviously if they don't build standards then they should be done before Christmas.

Doesn't matter what the wait is. The guy just pointed out negatives to somebody excited about his first pin. And yes, I'm pretty sure he'll get it sooner since he went through a distributor. Doesn't matter how many lesser games (and they probably would be lesser) he could buy with that money; he found a machine he loves. That's all that matters...and I'm sure he knows there may be a wait. It was just unnecessary.

#5435 4 years ago

I had a chance to play this at MGC with much improved code.

Looks a little better than it did when I played it at expo.

Book still looks forced and out of place. Still to much open space in the center of the game. think it should have been a regular body game, then it would feel about right. Lot of real estate to cover that is just open space.

I played with several groups of 4. The rules were confusing. You have all these arrows lit, some with different colors and nobody could figure out what they were for. Not having things labeled on the playfield, I think is screwing things up. It's relying on the display way to much. Out of all the groups I played with, no one could figure out how we actually start a mode. We were doing stuff, but didn't know what we were doing and why. Only thing we could figure out is lighting the lock and locking the balls for the 3 ball smaug multiball.

Also, those 4 roll overs in the middle of the field, need softer springs in them. the were diverting the path of the ball like crazy. Stick up twice as far as the ones on CV. Might be just how they are mounted or that specific machine, but needs to be adjusted and lowered.

Still like the moving drop targets and some of the ideas with them.

#5436 4 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

I was told mid to late summer, but I understand that there could be delays. Besides, I can support the local pinball community and play the great selection of machines that they have on location in the meantime. I know I could have gotten several machines for the same money, but I liked The Hobbit and I really wanted the LE. The bronze trim looks really sharp and with the other additions it seemed like a good deal to me. Plus since my local distributor had been sold out of LE's for a while and the one I pre-ordered from had only a couple left, I figured that I should get one now while I still could.

#5437 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

I know I could have gotten several machines for the same money, but I liked The Hobbit and I really wanted the LE.

If you're like most of us here, you're going to end up getting additional pins anyway. I know very few people who settle for just one. At first, I thought my limit was two, and that was seventeen pins ago. (To my credit, I have sold several, but they always seem to get replaced with something else.) So, congratulations on the purchase, and welcome to the zoo!

#5438 4 years ago

Ah balls! Confusing rules? How could that be the two "greater" coders working on the game? I guess I could just hit the flippers non stop like a 4 year old and watch the movie on the display.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I had a chance to play this at MGC with much improved code.
Looks a little better than it did when I played it at expo.
Book still looks forced and out of place. Still to much open space in the center of the game. think it should have been a regular body game, then it would feel about right. Lot of real estate to cover that is just open space.
I played with several groups of 4. The rules were confusing. You have all these arrows lit, some with different colors and nobody could figure out what they were for. Not having things labeled on the playfield, I think is screwing things up. It's relying on the display way to much. Out of all the groups I played with, no one could figure out how we actually start a mode. We were doing stuff, but didn't know what we were doing and why. Only thing we could figure out is lighting the lock and locking the balls for the 3 ball smaug multiball.
Also, those 4 roll overs in the middle of the field, need softer springs in them. the were diverting the path of the ball like crazy. Stick up twice as far as the ones on CV. Might be just how they are mounted or that specific machine, but needs to be adjusted and lowered.
Still like the moving drop targets and some of the ideas with them.

#5439 4 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Ah balls! Confusing rules? How could that be the two "greater" coders working on the game? I guess I could just hit the flippers non stop like a 4 year old and watch the movie on the display.

Or it could be a prototype with uncompleted code...

#5440 4 years ago

Unless they changed it completely, the right ramp lights with "MODE" in red letters, then you shoot it to start the mode, book/lcd had good explanations of all the ones I started. I thought it was remarkably clear and easy to grasp actually.

#5441 4 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

The code isn't even being close to being done. Give Keith and Ted time and in the meantime stop being insulting.

#5442 4 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Well, you buried a potentially useful suggestion in a trollish delivery.

I would approach it this way (especially for someone that doesn't currently have any pins):

If you pre-order now, you may very likely be a year away from getting you pin. In fact, based on the past, at this point, you may see machines for sale in the open market long BEFORE your pre-order is built.

So here's an option: Instead of letting JJP hold your money for a year, buy a machine you can play the shit out of for the next year while you wait for the TH. If you buy right and take care of it, you will likely not lose a penny when (if) you decide to flip it net year for TH.

Its one thing for someone with 17 pins to wait a year for their 18th pin. Its much different for someone waiting for their first (IMO).

So get the best of both worlds:
Buy a fun pin today (LOTR?), play it for a year and sell it when/if you still want a Hobbit in 2016.

#5443 4 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

I really really do not understand you have TH on order. It must be that you like to talk BS, otherwise I cannot find a valid explanation.

#5444 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

I really really do not understand you have TH on order. It must me that you like to talk BS, otherwise I cannot find a valid explanation.

It only makes sense if it's BS. Most people that felt that negatively about the hobbit would have canceled their pre-order long ago.

#5445 4 years ago
Quoted from kidvid:

It only makes sense if it's BS. Most people that felt that negatively about the hobbit would have canceled their pre-order long ago.

Agree

#5446 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Hobbit in 2016.

Ouch - don't say that again! My heart can't take it

#5447 4 years ago

Thanks to you asshats constantly harping on them, there will be ZERO discussion of Pat's game. No pre-order, no info, nothing until it's ready for production.

So, yeah, awesome work guys!

#5448 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Says the man with the "Bash Gary" Avatar.

Hey Keefer.

Thought you could use an updated version. You deserve the best. After all, you gave me the best pinball machine ever (until Hobbit comes out)

Least I can do...

bash gary.jpg

#5449 4 years ago

Good! So long as they don't ask for funds up front.

#5450 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Thanks to you asshats constantly harping on them, there will be ZERO discussion of Pat's game. No pre-order, no info, nothing until it's ready for production.
So, yeah, awesome work guys!

The thing is - JJP admitted that the feedback made it a better product than it would have been without the feedback. In other words, I don't think they walked with the lesson that all feedback is just bothersome noise and that there's no value in gathering it.

Instead, I think the conclusion they came to is that it's a big pain in the ass to implement last minute changes, no matter how well deserved they are. It's a lot easier on their part to just say "here ya go," without the kind of public "beta" testing that the Hobbit went through.

What I'm really getting at here is that they know that public feedback makes a better product, but it has a negative impact on the manufacturing timeline, so I figure they're thinking that if Stern can sell a lot of units without a public feedback cycle, they should be able to release a game without one too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside