Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 201.
#5101 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

From Jack from the JJP forum:
'We have two Hobbits heading to shows this weekend - I'll be in Michigan with one (MGC is the other show) - programming coming along - first articles and parts coming in - it's happening.'

Great news. I have not been following this thread recently but I'd like to get the game when made. Delays are never fun but they come hand and hand with manufacturing...sadly.

#5102 4 years ago

Dang! I saw the posts and, not being able to stop myself, I checked again ... nothing.

This is becoming obsessive-compulsive.

#5103 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So does this mean Pats machine will be $9000 right out the gate? Jack if you are reading this $9k for Pats game and I'm OUT!

Well you know - for quite some time the Dollar price equaled the Euro price... About one year ago you got for 1€ -> 1,38$, but with transportation and 19% VAT (in Germany) it was more or less 1.

But since the Euro lost so much value (1€ gets you only 1,08$ today), we won't be able to get a Hobbit LE/SE for 9k (€) - more likely it will hit the 10k mark. The german distributor doesn't even list the prices anymore

#5104 4 years ago

If nothing else is going to get updated on this machine, then somebody tell Jack to at least change the decals on the ramp behind the pop bumpers to something more relevant to the waterfalls!...

#5105 4 years ago
Quoted from frg:

Well you know - for quite some time the Dollar price equaled the Euro price... About one year ago you got for 1€ -> 1,38$, but with transportation and 19% VAT (in Germany) it was more or less 1.
But since the Euro lost so much value (1€ gets you only 1,08$ today), we won't be able to get a Hobbit LE/SE for 9k (€) - more likely it will hit the 10k mark. The german distributor doesn't even list the prices anymore

Yikes.

I was wondering - when you're making multiple payments on these pins- are you locked in at the US$ or the local currency pricing?

#5106 4 years ago

Page 103.....Playing this number for the daily lotto.

#5107 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I was wondering - when you're making multiple payments on these pins- are you locked in at the US$ or the local currency pricing?

Payments are made in US$, and each payment is processed according to the exchange rate at the time of each payment.

In my case, if I had paid in full at the time of ordering, I would have paid about NOK 42000. Had I paid in full today instead, I would have to pay over 40% more: NOK 60000. With the periodic payments, I will actually end up somewhere around NOK 49000.

There is no Norwegian distributor for JJP, but for comparison the price of a Premium Stern here is currently NOK 58000.

#5108 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Dang! I saw the posts and, not being able to stop myself, I checked again ... nothing.
This is becoming obsessive-compulsive.

Me too.

#5109 4 years ago

Im just curious.
I just checked the brochure on the JJP site, and the sideart upgrade now says RAD decals. Anyone got anything on this?

#5110 4 years ago

Here you go, Pantor80

#5111 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Yikes.

oyvindmo already described it.

But for me it's different. I was really excited about Jacks idea of setting up a new pinball company. I think I preordered on "day 2"... but I cancelled the preorder on the second email explaining another change of the preorder process "for the sake of the customers"... honestly who wants to pay more and earlier? And I am superhappy, that I did it. The extensive timelime and the product itself are really not my cup of tea.

Okay - I said to myself... neverever preordering! I have no problem paying some hundreds bucks more, when the product is ready to ship and if I had the chance to get a real impression for what I get.

BUT... now it looks like that I have to pay not only some hundres more, but some thousands Crazy world we live in

Still I have an option to get TH for "a reasonable" price, but I am not sure, whether the dealer will be able to deliver without a loss on his side. Alternatively I will spend some money on Classics like King of Diamond, Mars Trek, ...

#5112 4 years ago

HOBBIT UPDATE:

over-under_yale-wolf_nothing_2_u_1000.jpg

#5113 4 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

Payments are made in US$, and each payment is processed according to the exchange rate at the time of each payment.
In my case, if I had paid in full at the time of ordering, I would have paid about NOK 42000. Had I paid in full today instead, I would have to pay over 40% more: NOK 60000. With the periodic payments, I will actually end up somewhere around NOK 49000.
There is no Norwegian distributor for JJP, but for comparison the price of a Premium Stern here is currently NOK 58000.

Just to add to this: If you pre-paid 2 years ago, you will still pay vat/taxes from the currant rates when the machine ships and arrives in your Country and that is no small change in this case.(but still a lot better than buying a new machine in today's prices)

Also: The price for a new Stern premium in Norway is 58 000 nok without vat. A year ago it was 55 000 included vat. Now it is 58 000 + 25% vat. The prices now is out of this world. Gone up from 55 000 to 73 000 nok in a year

#5114 4 years ago

Takker Karl

#5115 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

HOBBIT UPDATE:
over-under_yale-wolf_nothing_2_u_1000.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

So why do we all keep checking back on this thread?

#5116 4 years ago

HOPE & FAITH!

#5117 4 years ago
3536-Hope.jpg 633570298463292426-FaithIfindyoulackofitdisturbingDemotivator.jpg
#5118 4 years ago

The game will ship on oh hell I can't see it

250132.jpg
#5119 4 years ago

check out the bonus screen

HOB_Bonus.jpg
#5120 4 years ago
Quoted from B9:

HOB_Bonus.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I noticed those placeholders before. Kinda funny.

#5121 4 years ago
Quoted from B9:

I had a good laugh at TPF reading those. Reminds me how much I enjoyed getting a chance to play the game.

#5122 4 years ago
Quoted from Zebulon-74:

» YouTube video

Finally got to see this.

Pretty amazing to see the transformation.

Also, it proved *MY* perceptions about the limits of the licensor were fairly naive.

The design is definitely growing on me.... the LCD is amazing.... I cant wait to play it.

Watching this game progress makes me REALLY wish JJP was making Game of Thrones

#5123 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Watching this game progress makes me REALLY wish JJP was making Game of Thrones

I love GoT but I don't want to pay 10,000 euros for it. This is where JJP prices are heading here (incl. sales tax) with the $/€ exchange rate.

#5124 4 years ago

Picked up a wozecle earlier in the week. Picking up a LOTR Saturday. Now I'm eyeing the hobbit. Would fit in nicely ....

#5125 4 years ago

The Hobbit gameplay.

2015 Michigan pinball expo - Arcade Raiders

#5126 4 years ago

Well...I suppose the music is nice. I'm still not seeing anything that's getting me really excited. But I'm still staying in and will judge when I have it in my house and the code is nearly complete. I'm still thinking somebody might get a really nice price on a lightly used Hobbit, though.

There goes RobT's theory that I'm a fanboy.

#5127 4 years ago

Thanks for the video. That got me excited. Beel, I think having it at home with code complete will make all of the difference in the world.

#5128 4 years ago

Mini LCD is used as timer and like it seems mode indicator. Could turn out really well.

#5129 4 years ago

Just axious to see the production one right now

#5130 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well...I suppose the music is nice. I'm still not seeing anything that's getting me really excited. But I'm still staying in and will judge when I have it in my house and the code is nearly complete. I'm still thinking somebody might get a really nice price on a lightly used Hobbit, though.
There goes RobT's theory that I'm a fanboy.

You're just faking your lack of excitement for the sole purpose of proving me wrong!

#5131 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

The Hobbit gameplay.
2015 Michigan pinball expo - Arcade Raiders

Good video thanks for posting

#5132 4 years ago

Will Allentown have one to play?

#5133 4 years ago

Looks great. I like it that it is so different from WOZ, which is a great game. But I can put them side by side in my game room and have two completely different pin experiences. Well done Jack and the JJP team!

#5134 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Will Allentown have one to play?

Yes per Joe at Pinball Star.

#5135 4 years ago

IDK guys, starting to worry I'm getting a $9000 sleep-aid. Lots of dead ball rolling around time.

#5136 4 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

IDK guys, starting to worry I'm getting a $9000 sleep-aid. Lots of dead ball rolling around time.

My thoughts exactly which is why I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Seems like rather slow game play and very open play field. I'm waiting to see the finished product before I pass full judgement. It does look like a gorgeous piece though.

#5137 4 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

My thoughts exactly which is why I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Seems like rather slow game play and very open play field. I'm waiting to see the finished product before I pass full judgement. It does look like a gorgeous piece though.

I think part of the problem with the game feeling slow right now is the pace of the games main music theme and incomplete software. The take on the Lord of the Rings theme JJP is using is slower and not as upbeat compared to the main track created for LOTR pinball in my opinion. Hopefully more unique music is implemented into the game for its modes to help liven the game up. The music used for Smaug multiball is very cool and is a Two Steps From Hell track.

Keith and Ted created an amazing ruleset for WOZ that took time and I bet a ton of work. By this fall The Hobbit will likely seem like a whole new game thanks to the software being more much further along then it is today.

#5138 4 years ago

Thanks for posting video , hope mine ships in the next few months!!

#5139 4 years ago

Looks great, lacks interesting and challenging shots.

#5140 4 years ago

Thanks for the vid, Goronic.

I think Hobbit's looking great.

But I would LOVE for:

1) a BOATLOAD of synched speech/dragon head following ball action on this game. Great animatronic action will offset a lot of the critcism over lack of dragon ball shooting/eating/etc. If that dragon is trash talking convincingly, eyes aglow, responding to the action like something off a Disney ride, well that would be impressive.

2) spotlights to be multicolored. Woz had some spectacular light shows, best ever, largely due to colored coordination of all those inserts. Great stuff there. Hobbit not as many inserts, and white only spots wash out color shows. I know this is a response to criticism of underillumination, but colored spots should be able to illuminate and be dramatic at same time. Also, there are some game modes where it SHOULD be kind of dark (I LIKE lights out mode on my woz!).

Just my thoughts.

Looks like a lot of fun.

#5141 4 years ago

Check out this one.
This Hobbit seems to be a hell of a lot faster in pitch.
I'm liking what I'm seeing... So far this one plays the best I have seen on you tube

#5142 4 years ago

Is it me or is the score every time it finishes adding the bonus up its always 6,550.

#5143 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You're just faking your lack of excitement for the sole purpose of proving me wrong!

One thing you'd know if you knew me personally: I don't bullshit. I speak my mind, even if it makes me look like a loser. I tried to tell you I was fair and balanced about JJP. I loveloveLOVE WOZ, and I'm sure #3 will be a wonderful game. This one looks good, but it's depressing thinking about what the game could have been if Warner Brothers hadn't tied their hands. I still think Keith's code (and the windlance) can save it from mediocrity...and that's why I'm keeping my game. I still believe in what Jack's doing and I think they make amazing machines.

#5144 4 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Check out this one.
This Hobbit seems to be a hell of a lot faster in pitch.
I'm liking what I'm seeing... So far this one plays the best I have seen on you tube
» YouTube video

Well, I've been very excited about the Hobbit for a long, long time. I've kept pretty quiet but I think even this video seems somewhat slow and perhaps even a little boring. I'm keeping my pre-order with the hope that home use set-up and full code completes this and makes it an exciting pin to play. My kids are constantly asking me when the Hobbit pinball is coming and if having the Hobbit gets them to play with me more then I'm all in.

#5145 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Well, I've been very excited about the Hobbit for a long, long time. I've kept pretty quiet but I think even this video seems somewhat slow and perhaps even a little boring. I'm keeping my pre-order with the hope that home use set-up and full code completes this and makes it an exciting pin to play. My kids are constantly asking me when the Hobbit pinball is coming and if having the Hobbit gets them to play with me more then I'm all in.

I understand your concern, but I think a lot of the Hobbit's speed will have to do with travel time before the ball encounters an obstacle, which depends A LOT on how frequently those trolls pop up. They increase speed/action significantly when up.

#5146 4 years ago

Doesn't AFM have a wide open PLAYFIELD but yet it's ranked 13th out of 300 on the Pinball Database.

#5147 4 years ago

True. But that one is fast and the main toy interacts with the ball. That is just more fun i am afraid.

But if smaug was some sort of epic next gen bash toy hidden behind some drops, and his tail sometimes blocked the ramps, or something like that.

I think i would rank it number one all time. Even with the dissapointing bags end area.

But now... Still have to wait off course, but i lost excitement for it.

#5148 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Doesn't AFM have a wide open PLAYFIELD but yet it's ranked 13th out of 300 on the Pinball Database.

Yep!

But it's not a wide body.

#5149 4 years ago

I don't think the game is designed to be fast - it appears to be setup to have a rich mode system and wants to provide lots of skill shots and hurry ups. I want to feel that I am going on a adventure - like Bilbo - and go through the story. Getting a super fast flow with short ball times wouldn't help that cause.

#5150 4 years ago

Fast and good flow does not mean you have short ball times.

It does mean the ball is wild and the gameplay will grap you and make you feel challenged.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside