Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 201.
#5051 5 years ago
Quoted from Lotr-Hobbit:

In the TPF presentation, Jack implied he is still 30 days back ordered on WOZ and continues to receive multiple orders daily. Assuming he can run only one game line at a time, it seems he would be motivated to continue to produce WOZ and delay TH. At this point, each new WOZ order is bringing in "new" money, and probably at decent net margin. He is into the most profitable portion of the production cycle, so he will want to continue to make WOZ as long as there is demand. Interestingly, he stated he has already shipped 2500 WOZ's (I wish Stern published his numbers.....I wonder how many Wrestlemania's he has sold), continues to build more, has TH ready to go, has Pat's 3rd game well into development, and even mentioned a FOURTH game! It appears he has withstood the viscissitudes(there's that word again, ha ha) of developing a new pinball business from the ground up. Congratulations Jersey Jack!

If that is the case I'd be pissed! You produce TH because you made representations to folks like me who sent you thousands of dollars over a year ago based on said representations. Make those new WOZ orders wait over a year, and make the damn games for people who have paid but already waited longer than that.

#5052 5 years ago

I understand your consternation. However, at the end of the day, Jack needs to satisfy his bottom line as well as that of his investors. He cannot refuse new money in favor of the money he has already collected. I regret the fact that he is sitting on my $7500 collected two years ago. But in the current benign interest rate environment, I still would rather pay $7500 two years ago than $9000 today. That assumes an 8% annual ROI. Not necessarily an easy return. If you are unhappy, you can ask for a refund and never pre-order again. Pre- orders carry inherent risk. Look at TBL fiasco. If, at some point, this deal no longer makes sense to me, I will call Jen and ask for a refund. But we are not to that point yet.

#5053 5 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

If that is the case I'd be pissed! You produce TH because you made representations to folks like me who sent you thousands of dollars over a year ago based on said representations. Make those new WOZ orders wait over a year, and make the damn games for people who have paid but already waited longer than that.

That's the problem with pre-payment- little incentive to ship on time. And, in some cases, like this one, theres MORE incentive to ship even later.

btw- this is exactly the same issue WoZ prepayors found themselves in with "linejumping" to get standards out with "new money" orders.

So, prepared to be disappointed. Same bullshit will repeat itself until the pre-order fiasco is over.

#5054 5 years ago
Quoted from Lotr-Hobbit:

Pre- orders carry inherent risk. Look at TBL fiasco.

If TBL is freshest fiasco in your mind you've let s couple things slip by in your pinside readings. TBL did get everyone who wanted their refund and is surviving. But see your point

#5055 5 years ago

there was a "last call" for WoZ a couple weeks ago. there were to be 200 or so more to be made.
last word I heard was TH starts shipping late May.

#5056 5 years ago
Quoted from Lotr-Hobbit:

He cannot refuse new money in favor of the money he has already collected.

Sure he can. When you take someone's money for a product you should ship it as soon as possible. It's fine to delay manufacturing to improve the product but not to let someone else butt in line.

#5057 5 years ago

Again, I understand your unhappiness with the whole Hobbit delay. I too am not happy to tie up cash with JJP that I could have invested elsewhere. But I wanted this game and I still want it. But I also recognize that Jack needs to maintain a profitable business. WOZ may not have been a home run, but it was at least a triple. He needs to build some equity in case one of his games is a flop. He needs to sell as many high net margin WOZ's as he can. He needs to prepare in case one of his subsequent games is a Wrestlemania or RCT.
From our perspective, the pinball market is tough. Either you buy the latest Stern offering, or you buy from someone else with added baggage like pre-orders. Consider the whole TBL situation. I became an instant convert with JJP when I opened a new WOZ. A beautiful LED, a headphone and stereo jack, and the most extensive diagnostic and documentative software ever makes so much sense to me. And soon, presumably WiFi capability on future games.
Bottom line......I really look forward to getting my Hobbit. I had hoped to receive it late this Fall, but now I suspect I will not receive it until 2016. I am disappointed, but I recognize pinball manufacturing is a cottage industry and is subject to many uncertainties. I think it is enormously healthy to have more than one major manufacturer in the market place, so I am still willing to cut Jersey Jack some slack. If that does not work from your perspective, I understand. You might consider calling Jen for a refund and buy a Stern instead. I like a lot of the Stern games. And, they are available now. But personally, I will hold pat for now with my Hobbit pre- order.

#5058 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I hope your right but I would say The Hobbit is still being built and shipped 1Q16.

Jack has said many times that there can be two games in production concurrently. Presumably WOZ and Hobbit will be built side by side. No reason Hobbit and Pat's game won't be either.

#5059 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Jack has said many times that there can be two games in production concurrently. Presumably WOZ and Hobbit will be built side by side. No reason Hobbit and Pat's game won't be either.

Exactly, that is what he said. So what are we waiting for?

#5060 5 years ago
Quoted from Lotr-Hobbit:

Again, I understand your unhappiness with the whole Hobbit delay. I too am not happy to tie up cash with JJP that I could have invested elsewhere. But I wanted this game and I still want it. But I also recognize that Jack needs to maintain a profitable business. WOZ may not have been a home run, but it was at least a triple. He needs to build some equity in case one of his games is a flop. He needs to sell as many high net margin WOZ's as he can. He needs to prepare in case one of his subsequent games is a Wrestlemania or RCT.
From our perspective, the pinball market is tough. Either you buy the latest Stern offering, or you buy from someone else with added baggage like pre-orders. Consider the whole TBL situation. I became an instant convert with JJP when I opened a new WOZ. A beautiful LED, a headphone and stereo jack, and the most extensive diagnostic and documentative software ever makes so much sense to me. And soon, presumably WiFi capability on future games.
Bottom line......I really look forward to getting my Hobbit. I had hoped to receive it late this Fall, but now I suspect I will not receive it until 2016. I am disappointed, but I recognize pinball manufacturing is a cottage industry and is subject to many uncertainties. I think it is enormously healthy to have more than one major manufacturer in the market place, so I am still willing to cut Jersey Jack some slack. If that does not work from your perspective, I understand. You might consider calling Jen for a refund and buy a Stern instead. I like a lot of the Stern games. And, they are available now. But personally, I will hold pat for now with my Hobbit pre- order.

Same old story. Jack should deliver just as he promised.

#5061 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

So what are we waiting for?

Parts.

#5062 5 years ago

I find that hard to believe. Jack stated that he did not want to be dependent on one vendor. So he should have multiple by now.

Also more than 90% of the pin is build out of custom parts.

#5063 5 years ago

I will not start into the chorus when we will see TH....
I would be interested on the personal situation in the factory. Anybody knows if the workers are there every day ? Are they producing every single day WOZ and on a smaller line samplegames from The Hobbit ? Or assembling toys and mechanics until they wait for the productionline to run ?
Or are this guys hired and fired , and hired and fired .... ?!

I am just intersted ... I ordered also a Hobbit but do not expect it befor August, and thats fine with me.

#5064 5 years ago

Zebulon has posted a video some posts before...

According to this (not remembering the time or correct wording)... there is still a backlog of WOZ they are currently working on. And they have shipped already 2.500 plus WOZ machines.

In general Jack is much more modest as he seemed to be (at least that's my impression) - I like it.
He also speaks about, that his company is going to be grown up, which means no more preordering i.e. for Lawlors machine. This one "should" be ready in 2015. When it's ready to ship, it will be sold... Again his words from my memory... not 100% what he said.

#5065 5 years ago

After what went down with WOZ, anyone who pre ordered the Hobbit really can't complain. This is how it goes.

#5066 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

After what went down with WOZ, anyone who pre ordered the Hobbit really can't complain. This is how it goes.

Woz and TH are not comparable. Among others with woz they had to build a new system, software, control boards, factory etc. Also there we vendor problems and they had to adjust the led boards. All these things should not be applicable to TH.

So your statement doesn't make any sense at all.

#5067 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Woz and TH are not comparable. Among others with woz they had to build a new system, software, control boards, factory etc. Also there we vendor problems and they had to adjust the led boards. All these things should not be applicable to TH.
So your statement doesn't make any sense at all.

Apples to apples man. JJP is JJP. Forget about the variables, they have a history of shipping late. Whether it's light boards or Smaug's teeth, when have they delivered pins on time? Just saying no matter how you justify it, why would anyone pre order after the WOZ pain? Just wait and buy from a distributor. Why can't people figure that out by now?

#5068 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Apples to apples man. JJP is JJP. Forget about the variables, they have a history of shipping late. Whether it's light boards or Smaug's teeth, when have they delivered pins on time? Just saying no matter how you justify it, why would anyone pre order after the WOZ pain? Just wait and buy from a distributor. Why can't people figure that out by now?

I am not justifying what they are doing. Just disappointed that still is not clear when the game is going to ship. With TH being so much more things in place, it most probably will ship even later than woz. I cannot understand that.

#5069 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I can think of 1500 reasons. Preordering a Hobbit a LE a couple years back locked in the $7500 price and option to change free of charge to a Smaug SE versus $9k for a Smaug SE today. Also those who preordered a WOZ got in at $6500 or $7500 versus $9k for a new Ruby Red. There are definitely benefits to preordering.

#5070 5 years ago

I am amazed on how much people bitch about the pre-order process. Without it, WoZ, TH, and Pat's machine would never have happened. Period.

With that said, I am looking forward to the day that JJP can swing back to a more traditional model. But if I were Jack, I would keep pushing the pre-pay as long as there are folks that would back it.

#5071 5 years ago

I went into pre-ordering The Hobbit thinking it would take forever to get and would be delayed.

#5072 5 years ago

I'm ok with waiting but I'm not ok with waiting then finding out it won't be made and then not getting a refund promptly. At least TH will eventually be in my home.

#5073 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I can think of 1500 reasons. Preordering a Hobbit a LE a couple years back locked in the $7500 price and option to change free of charge to a Smaug SE versus $9k for a Smaug SE today. Also those who preordered a WOZ got in at $6500 or $7500 versus $9k for a new Ruby Red. There are definitely benefits to preordering.

So does this mean Pats machine will be $9000 right out the gate? Jack if you are reading this $9k for Pats game and I'm OUT!

#5074 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So does this mean Pats machine will be $9000 right out the gate? Jack if you are reading this $9k for Pats game and I'm OUT!

But by the time it is actually releasted in 2018(ish) the MSRP will have drifted up to 12K, making all those who locked in at "only" 9K think they have a bargain! (see the several previous posts on this page alone for this effect at work...).

#5075 5 years ago

Wall hanging ideas for those waiting for their TH.

#5076 5 years ago

Agree. $7500 is my limit. These $8k and $9k prices are insane and will eliminate nearly all home buyers over time in my opinion.

#5077 5 years ago

Yep, me too. $7500 was hard to swallow for Hobbit. That's my limit. I'm likely just a HUO/used buyer for Pat's game. I think a lot of people think the same thing. Let's hope the drop in sales won't be attributed to the original theme instead of the inflated price.

#5078 5 years ago

Don't y'all think that $9K number was MAINLY to show some significant "savings" to entice people to prepay for multiple years?

I suspect you will see a lower price tag for JJP #3.

And, regardless of what jack has said, I wouldn't be surprised to see a water-down version of pre-pay for #3 as well.

Example:
$2500 holds your spot in line (once the final game is released) and the balance due upon shipping.

btw- I don't think that's necessarily unfair.

#5079 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agree. $7500 is my limit. These $8k and $9k prices are insane and will eliminate nearly all home buyers over time in my opinion.

Same here

Quoted from Pimp77:

I'm likely just a HUO/used buyer for Pat's game. I think a lot of people think the same thing. Let's hope the drop in sales won't be attributed to the original theme instead of the inflated price.

Exactly!

#5080 5 years ago

I really don't understand all the complaints about pre-ordering since it is completely optional.

The main benefits of pre-ordering are locking in the price and getting an initial discount. Though I also like the payment plan because by the time the machine arrives, the money has been gone for so long the game sort of feels like it's free.

Don't like it, don't do it. No one is forcing you. If you want to get the pre-order beneifts I think you should consider the following:

1) There have been enough examples of delays from all the manufacturers (except Stern who doesn't announce a machine until it's almost ready to ship) that they should be expected by now.

2) People who are willing to pay more will be able to get a machine as soon as they're out, either from a distributor or an individual who ordered very early.

3) You might not like the game and/or think it's worth the price.

4) You might lose whatever money you have deposited if the company goes out of business.

#5081 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Definitely not holding my breath on that one.

#5082 5 years ago
Quoted from Lotr-Hobbit:

I understand your consternation...

Wow! "consternation"; "vicissitudes"; you using that new "word of the day" toilet paper?

#5083 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The s&p 500 is up %40 from when TH was announced you have not saved money quite the opposite

#5084 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Don't y'all think that $9K number was MAINLY to show some significant "savings" to entice people to prepay for multiple years?
And, regardless of what jack has said, I wouldn't be surprised to see a water-down version of pre-pay for #3 as well.
Example:
$2500 holds your spot in line (once the final game is released) and the balance due upon shipping.
btw- I don't think that's necessarily unfair.

The entire pre-order model is dead to me. I'm on the fence about getting a refund at this point. The Hobbit will be at MPE this weekend so I'll give it a few games and see. The lack of a clear ship schedule at this point is so disappointing. The fact that Jack was the only distributor for MMR that asked for full payment in July doesn't sit well with me either.

#5085 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

JJP will premiere it at Expo.
LTG : )

For the love of god i hope we arn't relying on some dude with a shitty ipad to take video of pats machine. Pay someone to film it live

#5086 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

The fact that Jack was the only distributor for MMR that asked for full payment in July doesn't sit well with me either.

#5087 5 years ago

Every day I see the number of new postings in this forum and I can't help but look, thinking...
perhaps this is the day that we get a Hobbit update.

Every day I close the thread knowing that I was fooled once again.

I think this thread is making me neurotic.

#5088 5 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Every day I see the number of new postings in this forum and I can't help but look, thinking...

yep, same here . . . .

#5089 5 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Every day I close the thread knowing that I was fooled once again.
I think this thread is making me neurotic.

Asked several times on JJP forum about an update and until now nothing but silence. Not making me neurotic just disappointed.

#5090 5 years ago

To your point, it would be nice to get an update email from JJP (or a detailed status report in the Google group would be nice). Just a thoughtful, here is where we are, some detailed pics, and what to expect in the next few weeks/months. Just a simple touch point

#5091 5 years ago

I anything they should be sending some updates to the actual paying customers on the Google Group, but it's been crickets over there for months as well. It is what it is I guess.

I really believe they're just waiting on updated parts, as I remember reading something that they had to re-make all the heads for the popups at the last minute because WB wanted their logo stamped onto them. I'd be shocked if production has not begun by June 1st. They want it out the door just as much as we do.

I just focus on other stuff & when it gets here, it gets here.

#5092 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I anything they should be sending some updates to the actual paying customers on the Google Group, but it's been crickets over there for months as well. It is what it is I guess.
I really believe they're just waiting on updated parts, as I remember reading something that they had to re-make all the heads for the popups at the last minute because WB wanted their logo stamped onto them. I'd be shocked if production has not begun by June 1st. They want it out the door just as much as we do.
I just focus on other stuff & when it gets here, it gets here.

I agree, but why don't they say it - instead of customers guessing it?

#5093 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I agree, but why don't they say it - instead of customers guessing it?

Because this is the business of pinball, where everything is and will be a mystery.

#5094 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Because this is the business of pinball, where everything is and will be a mystery.

Ah, admittedly I am new to pinball, and not used to pre pay models, or not getting product feedback. But I guess I can/should get used to it.

#5095 4 years ago

I was on the phone with Jen & Jack pretty regularly waiting for WOZ...... Jack is a straight shooter & I'm sure he's doing everything he can to deliver a truly amazing product. Waiting sucks guys..... Hang in there & it will be worth the wait! (I pray)

#5096 4 years ago

Just wait. What else would you spend your money on? TBL ain't coming out until the fall and if you want to pull out of Hobbit then, do so. But no need to jump ship now. Literally nothing else to buy that's new.

#5097 4 years ago

anxiously awaiting our huge hobbit update

#5098 4 years ago

Can't wait for the 1/2 sized shire version!!!

#5099 4 years ago

Jack is standing by and ready to ship soon! IMG_3326.JPG

#5100 4 years ago

From Jack from the JJP forum:

'We have two Hobbits heading to shows this weekend - I'll be in Michigan with one (MGC is the other show) - programming coming along - first articles and parts coming in - it's happening.'

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.99
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Escondido, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 10044 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 201.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside