47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 201.
#5001 9 years ago

Hopefully 300 pages when the pin ships and when people have it in their house.

#5002 9 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Hopefully 300 pages when the pin ships and when people have it in their house.

If it's 300 when the pin ships I hope it's not at the same rate. Wouldn't want to wait 2 more years, but I believe it will be "Soon" (TM)!

#5003 9 years ago
Quoted from Dalbok:

If it's 300 when the pin ships I hope it's not at the same rate. Wouldn't want to wait 2 more years, but I believe it will be "Soon" (TM)!

Based on what I am hearing May or June is the start of production. I hope.

#5004 9 years ago

Woo Hoo!!! 5000th post!

I have nothing else to say!

#5005 9 years ago

Let the next 5,000 begin! I heard shipping starts in May.

#5006 9 years ago

Well, I'll see your #5000 and raise you 1!

#5007 9 years ago

I am perplexed. At times, the analysis on this forum is spot on and frankly, refreshing. At other times, the comments seem to kind of take the shine off of things. I have a TH pre-order which I converted to THSE. Granted, it has been so long ago since I made payment, I cannot even remember when I did it. Was it 2013? Or 2014? But I think that is the nature of the pre-order. I am anxious about when production begins and honestly, will not be 100% comfortable until I actually receive the game, but at least I am not experiencing the angst of ordering a TBL. Anyway, I would wish we could be more understanding of the viscissitudes of the whole pre-order and JJP deal. The world is a better place with more manufactures than just Stern ( even though I own 3 Stern games). I wish JJP the best, but I expect only the best from them also.

#5008 9 years ago

Must admit I am surprised how late this game is. July 2014 originally, then Dec 2014 and now? Yes, worth waiting longer for a better game but from a long term business perspective, delayed products are worrisome.

#5009 9 years ago

Yeah really hoping it hits production before July

#5010 9 years ago
Quoted from Lotr-Hobbit:

Anyway, I would wish we could be more understanding of the viscissitudes of the whole pre-order and JJP deal.

Extra points for using "vicissitudes" in a sentence!

#5011 9 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yeah really hoping it hits production before July

So, "only" one year late. That should be JJP's next t-shirt for giving away at shows.

"We did it... and only 1 year behind schedule!!!".

One handed clap... especially as this seems to be the current "best case" scenario.

Oh, they need parts! Who could have known parts would be needed for a game! Maybe by game three they will have mastered knowing that parts need to be ordered in advance.

#5012 9 years ago

This pin is gonna be great and ship soon. Don't worry guys, it will be worth the wait.

#5013 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Must admit I am surprised how late this game is. July 2014 originally, then Dec 2014 and now? Yes, worth waiting longer for a better game but from a long term business perspective, delayed products are worrisome.

JJP had to get pre-ordering to make it happen, so they had to announce the game at concept. Impossible to predict completion date like that, especially when dealing with third parties (licensors).

When I put braces on a kid, I give a date for completion of the case. What usually make my prediction too short is the third parties (the kid and the parents). The kids knocks off my hardware. The parents won't bring the kid in routinely. Some things are out of my control. When I tell them a completion date, it always is assuming all goes normal.

Hopefully JJP won't have to go pre-order any longer, which will end all of this strife over completion dates.

#5014 9 years ago

I think this pin would have aready been in production if Jack did not have to go and change a lot of things due to everyone bitching about changes we all wanted. Come on. What do changes do? They slow things down but for a good reason. A BETTER PIN!!! It's coming and I think a lot of us will have it this year. In the mean time chill out.

#5015 9 years ago

Jack said in another thread here that it would be a complete failure if he had not gotten the game out by the end of March. Said it after the changes.

#5016 9 years ago

Well, then...it's an epic fail. I'm cancelling my preorder because it's too late.

#5017 9 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I think this pin would have aready been in production if Jack did not have to go and change a lot of things due to everyone bitching about changes we all wanted. Come on. What do changes do? They slow things down but for a good reason. A BETTER PIN!!! It's coming and I think a lot of us will have it this year. In the mean time chill out.

Double edged sword. It would be correct to say "just make it not suck the first time".

It is also correct to go back and fix it rather than blindly going forward with a flawed design.

#5018 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, then...it's an epic fail. I'm cancelling my preorder because it's too late.

But beelzeboob, you game would had had the custom Cheese Pump installed.

Too late now.

LTG : (

#5019 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

But beelzeboob, you game would had had the custom Cheese Pump installed.
Too late now.
LTG : (

I swear the day I meet you, I'm gonna give you a can of Easy Cheez so you can see the shit we have to eat here in New Jersey. You won't be joking then.

#5020 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Double edged sword. It would be correct to say "just make it not suck the first time".
It is also correct to go back and fix it rather than blindly going forward with a flawed design.

If you can do better lets see it..

#5021 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

JJP had to get pre-ordering to make it happen, so they had to announce the game at concept. Impossible to predict completion date like that, especially when dealing with third parties (licensors).
When I put braces on a kid, I give a date for completion of the case. What usually make my prediction too short is the third parties (the kid and the parents). The kids knocks off my hardware. The parents won't bring the kid in routinely. Some things are out of my control. When I tell them a completion date, it always is assuming all goes normal.

Yes, but it sounds like you tell them it's a PREDICTION. I'm assuming you don't create a load of happy horse shit that you're contractually obligated to remove them before their upcoming summer vacation because it's what they want to hear....

PS, since I'm not one of those "end justifies the means" guys- please spare me the story that "it's actually BETTER that he misled people becuase the end product will be better."

I'm anxious to see the finished machine but I'll never beleive another word from his mouth that's not backed up by action.

#5023 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I swear the day I meet you, I'm gonna give you a can of Easy Cheez so you can see the shit we have to eat here in New Jersey. You won't be joking then.

You will meet him July 10th and 11th at Pintastic New England!

#5024 9 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

You will meet him July 10th and 11th at Pintastic New England!

He'll avoid me. He's a smart guy.

#5025 9 years ago

No I won't. I'll be on you like hair on a gorilla.

LTG : )

#5026 9 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

If you can do better lets see it..

Give me a six pack of concussions, 3+ years and around 13 million dollars in preorder money and I'll ship you a buggy code incomplete mess .

And don't hold me to any of those, you know, 'cause making pinball is "hard"

Jack is a braver business person than I am, but I at least have the sense to not run my mouth again and again just to be proven wrong. I'm glad he's out there toiling away making new games. But if the whole world ran on big promisers, exceptionally late deliverers the world would NOT be a better place.

#5027 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Give me a six pack of concussions, 3+ years and around 13 million dollars in preorder money and I'll ship you a buggy code incomplete mess .
And don't hold me to any of those, you know, 'cause making pinball is "hard"
Jack is a braver business person than I am, but I at least have the sense to not run my mouth again and again just to be proven wrong. I'm glad he's out there toiling away making new games. But if the whole world ran on big promisers, exceptionally late deliverers the world would NOT be a better place.

You're right. I forgot he is the only one on "PLANET EARTH" who does this..

#5028 9 years ago

Thanks for the video

#5029 9 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Thanks for the video

The Hobbit is a great theme and JJP has access to great sound, image, and video assets - so the game should look and sound fantastic. My only worry is about the gameplay with the redesigns - though they made a good point about having a way into the poppers via Bag End.

My other worry is that Pat's game is going to be so nice it may trump The Hobbit on gameplay (and perhaps even in the look and sound). So - do I keep in The Hobbit, or wait for #3

#5030 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I'm anxious to see the finished machine but I'll never beleive another word from his mouth that's not backed up by action.

Well, he said he was going to make a great pinball machine with the Wizard of Oz, he backed that up and then some!

#5031 9 years ago

Maybe we will get an Easter update guys

#5032 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

My other worry is that Pat's game is going to be so nice it may trump The Hobbit on gameplay (and perhaps even in the look and sound). So - do I keep in The Hobbit, or wait for #3

Yeah but PL's game is easily a year or 2 away so why not enjoy The Hobbit in the mean time and then sell it towards Pats if its a must have. It could be something your not even interested in, I'm looking forward to what animations will be like without a movie to show clips from could be great. I also don't want a kids game with a overly family friendly theme, I want it for those of you with families but a cool space/sci fi theme which is still family friendly would be amazing, time will tell.

#5033 9 years ago

But Hazoff they promised Pats game for this summer?

#5034 9 years ago

No way will we see pats game anytime soon they did not even start hobbit yet

#5035 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah but PL's game is easily a year or 2 away

Umm, no. Especially the "or 2" part.

#5036 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

The reveal, not production.

#5037 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Extra points for using "vicissitudes" in a sentence!

That's a big word like "marmalade"

#5038 9 years ago

considering what jpop and skit-b buyers are experiencing, this thread should be a joyous celebration about the amazing hobbit pin that's going to ship soon.

#5039 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

considering what jpop and skit-b buyers are experiencing, this thread should be a joyous celebration about the amazing hobbit pin that's going to ship soon.

Dude you thought Stern MSRP was real life pricing a few weeks ago so keep in mind you are not aware of whats really going on. I'm not being a dick, I'm just keeping it real. Don't take offense.

I don't know what's going on either & I expect 2015 to rock but IMO late = problems. At least that seems to have been the case with every other late game ever made or not made yet.

I am curious to see how a preorder based company fares on their next title after quoting ETA's years off base on possibly 2 games in a row while other companies closed with preorder money likely gone forever still stinging collectors.

People have to be tired of expensive incomplete late shit or even worse.... nothing.

Hobbit keeps improving, the theme is awesome & I love the LCD art/animations so let's hope things start happening soon!

#5040 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah but PL's game is easily a year or 2 away

JJP will premiere it at Expo.

LTG : )

#5041 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I am curious to see how a preorder based company fares on their next title after quoting ETA's years off base on possibly 2 games in a row while other companies closed with preorder money likely gone forever still stinging collectors.

I expect that JJP will abandon the pre-order model as soon as financially possible.

#5042 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Umm, no. Especially the "or 2" part.

What are saying that we will become aware of Pats game soon and within a year is will be available? or the other way that 2 years is still too soon to expect a finished PL JJP game.

#5043 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I expect that JJP will abandon the pre-order model as soon as financially possible.

Yea, but will it ever be financially possible? Without an assembly line approach to building and delivering, one pinball every two years will never get you to that point. They are probably doing good to break even. While I am not a huge fan of the Stern machines, I am impressed how quickly he can take a concept and turn it I to a mass production.

#5044 9 years ago

I hear people will see Hobbits starting in late May and code will be decent from day one. Good times!!

#5045 9 years ago

Man I love love love the LCD stuff @ work on this game.

Quoted from jazc4:

What if the collectors abandon it first?

Quoted from ozno:

I hear people will see Hobbits starting in late May and code will be decent from day one. Good times!!

I heard that was happening Mid 2014. Maybe I misunderstood or the info was from an unreliable source?

#5046 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Pats reveal may be this summer that's about it.

#5047 9 years ago

In the TPF presentation, Jack implied he is still 30 days back ordered on WOZ and continues to receive multiple orders daily. Assuming he can run only one game line at a time, it seems he would be motivated to continue to produce WOZ and delay TH. At this point, each new WOZ order is bringing in "new" money, and probably at decent net margin. He is into the most profitable portion of the production cycle, so he will want to continue to make WOZ as long as there is demand. Interestingly, he stated he has already shipped 2500 WOZ's (I wish Stern published his numbers.....I wonder how many Wrestlemania's he has sold), continues to build more, has TH ready to go, has Pat's 3rd game well into development, and even mentioned a FOURTH game! It appears he has withstood the viscissitudes(there's that word again, ha ha) of developing a new pinball business from the ground up. Congratulations Jersey Jack!

#5048 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What are saying that we will become aware of Pats game soon and within a year is will be available? or the other way that 2 years is still too soon to expect a finished PL JJP game.

We will know about it late summer, play it at Expo and buy it in 1Q16.

#5049 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

We will know about it late summer, play it at Expo and buy it in 1Q16.

I hope your right but I would say The Hobbit is still being built and shipped 1Q16.

#5050 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I hope your right but I would say The Hobbit is still being built and shipped 1Q16.

I hope not. I will be happy to get it by Dec 25th

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.