47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 201.
#4951 9 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I played it and loved it! I'm a day one order and am eager to take delivery. On my first game I was able to lock three balls and get Smaug Multiball. It was amazing! Butch Peel said to me that if I like it now just wait until I see it with the programming more complete. There will be an RGB LED on the lockdown bar fire button. Depending on what color it is, the function of the button will vary. Cool! I thought the mouth and teeth of Smaug were very well done and Smaug's speech was perfectly synced with the mouth movement. The eye LEDs were not yet installed. Jack told me the game has been on the road constantly throughout the U.S. and Europe and hasn't made it back to the barn for an update in a while. He hinted that it will ship with code that is far advanced from what WOZ shipped with. The lighting was very impressive yet different from the style of WOZ. owning both JJP games will not seem the least bit redundant.

Thanks for the update

#4952 9 years ago

One thing that hasn't been talked about for a while is the incorporation and use of WiFi. Is this going to happen with the launch of Hobbit ?

#4953 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

Just got a call from JJP. My Hobbit is ready to be shipped or picked up Woooo woooo baby the are on the way!!! Since I'm 3 hrs out and its my first machine I opted for delivery but should get it sometime tomorrow afternoon. Congrats for those that ordered. Its been a long wait but I'm sure it's well worth it.

Had me for a sec...April Fools!

#4954 9 years ago
Quoted from kidvid:

Does the TPF machine have a playfield protector and if so, how did it look? I put in an order with one from Jen for my home use machine, but given the feedback from the Ohio demo, I'm considering cancelling it.

It did have one and to me it looked terrible. It made the PF look washed out and dull. I never played the game because I think it just looks awful. I'm waiting for PL's game.

#4955 9 years ago
Quoted from B9:

One thing that hasn't been talked about for a while is the incorporation and use of WiFi. Is this going to happen with the launch of Hobbit ?

I got the impression at the JJP TPF talk that we won't see WiFi use until game 3 (and that it might be available as an update to WOZ/TH).

#4956 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I don't think I ever see an extra flipper as a bad thing, even if it doesn't have any unique shots, it allows you to hit the shots from a different (sometimes safer) angle.

Rules can certainly make it play a bigger role in the game as well. I wonder if they will use the pop-ups to block shots from the lower flippers so that they can only be made by the upper flipper. Clearly the windlance will serve the ball up to the upper flipper for a shot a Smaug.

We really don't know how much value the third flipper will add to the game at this point, or whether or not it will damage the ramp, but since the team at JJP is made up of some of the best pinball designers (who also appear to listen to what people say in these forums), I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and withhold judgement until the game is out.

I don't disagree with you. They can make all the rules they want for that flipper, and they may make it very interesting... But the rules won't change the fact, that the way it is designed right now, that third flipper is going to damage that upper left ramp and most probably that plastic corner of gold near Smaug...If there was more curve to that ramp the shot might make it up smoothly...

It would have been nice to be able to loop that third flipper shot up that left ramp for a nice combo!

#4957 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

It did have one and to me it looked terrible. It made the PF look washed out and dull. I never played the game because I think it just looks awful. I'm waiting for PL's game.

AFM looks awful too...just saying, you can't judge by what you see. Play one when it comes out and decide then.

#4958 9 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

I don't disagree with you. They can make all the rules they want for that flipper, and they may make it very interesting... But the rules won't change the fact, that the way it is designed right now, that third flipper is going to damage that upper left ramp and most probably that plastic corner of gold near Smaug...If there was more curve to that ramp the shot might make it up smoothly...
It would have been nice to be able to loop that third flipper shot up that left ramp for a nice combo!

Look at the proto machine next time...it has been played and shipped to death all over the place. Is the ramp showing any damage? I'd like to know.

#4959 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Look at the proto machine next time...it has been played and shipped to death all over the place. Is the ramp showing any damage? I'd like to know.

I didn't see any damage at TPF.

#4960 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Fair statement. But then again... is it the same ramp?

#4961 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

Just got a call from JJP. My Hobbit is ready to be shipped or picked up Woooo woooo baby the are on the way!!! Since I'm 3 hrs out and its my first machine I opted for delivery but should get it sometime tomorrow afternoon. Congrats for those that ordered. Its been a long wait but I'm sure it's well worth it.

I hate April 1st so much.

#4962 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I imagine the PF protector will make PL's game look awful too.

#4963 9 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

I hate April 1st so much.

And February 14th, and March 17th, and December 31st, and a few others...

#4964 9 years ago

I would have given you all a thumbs up for that joke but you fell for it and gave me a thumbs down? Come on it was a good one. lol

#4965 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

Come on it was a good one

It certainly was. Wry, witty and original....April Fools!

#4966 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

I would have given you all a thumbs up for that joke but you fell for it and gave me a thumbs down? Come on it was a good one. lol

It was funny some people are over sensitive when it comes to JJP

#4967 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

It was funny some people are over sensitive when it comes to JJP

As funny as a screen door on a battleship.

#4968 9 years ago

I believe that is "screen door on a submarine"

#4969 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

#4970 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

AFM looks awful too...just saying, you can't judge by what you see. Play one when it comes out and decide then.

No, I meant the protective plastic piece over the PF looks terrible. I don't like the way the game looks either but that is just my opinion.

#4971 9 years ago
Quoted from Tazdingo:

I believe that is "screen door on a submarine"

Why don't you make like a tree... and get out of here.

#4972 9 years ago

Wow you guy's are a tough crowd, 9 thumbs down for a little humor? OUCH! My feelings .

#4973 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

Wow you guy's are a tough crowd, 9 thumbs down for a little humor? OUCH! My feelings .

I don't think you would have got any thumbs down if, in fact, there was a little humor in your post.

#4974 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't think you would have got any thumbs down if, in fact, there was a little humor in your post.

Exactly....we all know it doesnt ship till next week.

#4975 9 years ago

Any good pictures of the new smaug head with teeth in the game ?

#4976 9 years ago

They start shipping yet?

#4977 9 years ago

I'm building a light house so that maybe the shipping will come in. Ba dum bum!

#4978 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

I'm building a light house so that maybe the shipping will come in. Ba dum bum!

Better, still needs some work.

#4979 9 years ago

Anyone know if production started yet on HOBBIT?

#4980 9 years ago

I doubt it

#4981 9 years ago

But i have a feeling production start aint far away anymore.

#4982 9 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

But i have a feeling production start aint far away anymore.

Ya, feels like the calm before the storm over here in this thread. Hopefully it's a storm of happiness.

#4983 9 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

may/june is what butch said at tps, depending on parts availability.

#4984 9 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

That translates to July, August or possibly September.

#4985 9 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

Arcade Repair Tips may upload that talk soon. Here is the playlist of what they have so far on YouTube from the TPF:

#4986 9 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

That translates to July, August or possibly September.

Not sure...I think December translated to June ... I don't think it will go much past that (but who knows - you may be right)

#4987 9 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

They're still making WOZ, because they keep getting orders for WOZ, and that generates more money.

#4988 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Arcade Repair Tips may upload that talk soon. Here is the playlist of what they have so far on YouTube from the TPF

Hey thanks for posting that. I was wondering when someone was going to upload these, love watching them

#4989 9 years ago

Pinball passion is crazy. Lots of negativity over WOZ, TH, MMR, TBL being built, when will they ship, etc. Then people start receiving them. Then lots of joy and the naysayers more on to the next game.

I suspect TH will be the same way. As soon as pic of unboxing start appearing, all of the negative people will move on and all the pre-order folks will be loving there game.

#4990 9 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

The last non rumor I heard was "The Hobbit is due to start production before the end of the year" pinball news nov 2014

#4991 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

The last non rumor I heard was "The Hobbit is due to start production before the end of the year" pinball news nov 2014

Well, then your're saying they have 9 months to get it out, right???

#4992 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

I like the use of the original BTTF reference!

#4993 9 years ago

My JJP distributor told me that they are getting part in and that is the hold on production. Sounds like summer at best from what I understand.

I told that to my pinball playing son and he was like, "But you told me it was end of March or April!"

Yeah. I just explained to him about delays. All I know is we are very excited to get this thing!

#4994 9 years ago

I WANT:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4995 9 years ago

Im excited as well, but this thread is dead and past its usefulness. The game design is final, the next news is when it hits the production line which will be big enough to get its own new threads (see the cycle from MMr).

#4996 9 years ago

Then it will be time to hang out at the JJP #3 thread.

#4997 9 years ago

Extended Blu-Ray of 5-Armies due out either this summer or winter like the rest of them. No website seems to know for sure or has released definitive info.

#4998 9 years ago

Hey at least we got Woz to pass the time away

#4999 9 years ago

Welcome to the threads 100th page anniversary!

100th anniversary Celebration.jpg100th anniversary Celebration.jpg

tumblr_mgjfgeonfB1r6iqbdo1_500.giftumblr_mgjfgeonfB1r6iqbdo1_500.gif
#5000 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Welcome to the threads 100th page anniversary!

Amazing that this thread has made it to 100 pages

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.50
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.