New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 242596)

Hobbit trough troubles

By drewbo81

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 81 days ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I recently acquired a Hobbit gold Smaug edition. Balls were ending early and sometimes 2 balls were being ejected into shooter lane. I was trouble shooting a bit and it seemed vibration from playfield was causing ball to end early as I had glass off and was hitting playfield and end of ball was triggered. Between the distributor and I we deduced that it was probably a flaky opto board in trough. JJP sent me 2 new boards which were installed today and unfortunantely the problem persists and now 2 balls being ejected after ball is ended early. Any help on this matter is appreciated.

Thanx in advance

Drew

1 year later
#2 81 days ago

Hi Drew,
Did you ever get a resolution for this? I have same issue and don’t want to replace opto boards if that doesn’t help.

Cheers
Brett

#3 81 days ago
Quoted from Brettskiscorpio:

I have same issue and don’t want to replace opto boards if that doesn’t help.

Sounds like one too many balls in his game.

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside