DSCN4174.JPG
DSCN4173.JPG
painted5.jpg
painted4.jpg
painted 1.jpg
painted 3.jpg
Dragon2.jpg
dragon1.jpg
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Sculpt stage finished for the latest Mod. Dragon Shooter Rod. The cast/paint stages should be finished in a few days. A limited first production run of 10. Taking orders and will ship in the next week or so.dragon1.jpgdragon1.jpgDragon2.jpgDragon2.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Looks good. But i am not sure it makes sense to have smaug as a plunger.

Maybe a black arrow plunger?

#3 9 years ago

I'm not sure it makes sense for an elephant to wear a t-shirt and cross its arms. Who cares? Don't buy it if you it doesn't make sense to you.

#4 9 years ago

Red or gold?

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not sure it makes sense for an elephant to wear a t-shirt and cross its arms. Who cares? Don't buy it if you it doesn't make sense to you.

You are right that if we don't intend to buy it then just don't comment/troll his threads. I'm guilty of that in the past. But man Aurich, you are Mike's biggest defender on here.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

But man Aurich, you are Mike's biggest defender on here.

Really? Huh. I mean I've made so secret that I know Mike, I play in league with him, but we're not like close buddies or anything. To be honest I only recently put together his pinside name with the guy I see at league (we have about 65 active members, I definitely don't know everyone by name). Before that he was just the guy I saw putting up old machines at fair prices, and since they move fast other people seem to think so too. I knew he was local to me, but that's it.

Really I just see a shooter rod that looks like a decent sculpt, and if you want a Smaug shooter then boom, you're covered. I think lots of shooter rods are dumb, feel like crap in your hand, and just look stupid. I keep my mouth shut for the most part, if you like it on your game then who am I to crap on your preferences?

I'm working on a personal shooter rod myself right this moment actually, primer is drying while I type this. If someone doesn't like it, then they're free to not plunge my Metallica in protest.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The dude gave a really good suggestion and was relatively respectful. Given how reasonable your other stuff on very sensitive CPR threads have been, this is kind of a surprise that you'd go all 'Stu' on this dude. Just sayin'

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Red or gold?

I'm experimenting with both colors. Whichever one pops with color.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

The dude gave a really good suggestion and was relatively respectful. Given how reasonable your other stuff on very sensitive CPR threads have been, this is kind of a surprise that you'd go all 'Stu' on this dude. Just sayin'

I'm totally cool with any suggestions anyone ever has, and I always take ideas to heart to produce a better product.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

I'm totally cool with any suggestions anyone ever has, and I always take ideas to heart to produce a better product.

Yeah. I don't think he had any issue with your sculpt, just maybe the shooter rod aspect. Have you done playfield toys sculpt? Do you sculpt freehand or do you computer model first? Sorry I derailed your thread otherwise. I'm always interested in the creative process though!

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Yeah. I don't think he had any issue with your sculpt, just maybe the shooter rod aspect. Have you done playfield toys sculpt? Do you sculpt freehand or do you computer model first? Sorry I derailed your thread otherwise. I'm always interested in the creative process though!

No worries at all. Unfortunately, I haven't found a 3-D printer in my price range that does the quality that I like.

#12 9 years ago

Enough personality stuff - nice sculpture. I'd call it "generic dragon plunger" though to avoid copyright issues though.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Enough personality stuff - nice sculpture. I'd call it "generic dragon plunger" though to avoid copyright issues though.

You are correct on that one.

#14 9 years ago

It was just a suggestion. I do like the sculpture, but i think a smaug is out of place there. Does not make sense to me. The black arrow does.

It could also be an elfish sword. Which lits blue when a ball is ready to get plunged.

#15 9 years ago

Can you make them in green too? This rod would go good on an interflip dragon a gottlieb dragon and many other games. I might want one for my interflip dragon.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Can you make them in green too? This rod would go good on an interflip dragon a gottlieb dragon and many other games. I might want one for my interflip dragon.

This run will be red, but if there is a large request for different colors, that might be done down at a future date.

#17 9 years ago

Looks great so far! But I am looking forward to seeing what it looks like painted. Then I will decide if I want to throw money at you

#18 9 years ago

Should have painted pics by tomorrow.

#19 9 years ago

Mold and Paint stages completed. Ready to ship.painted5.jpgpainted5.jpgpainted4.jpgpainted4.jpgpainted 3.jpgpainted 3.jpgpainted 1.jpgpainted 1.jpg

#22 9 years ago

Hi ,
Please , how much ?
Thanks !

#25 9 years ago

Wow, that turned out very, very nice...nicely done!

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Wow, that turned out very, very nice...nicely done!

Thanks. I still have 5 left.

#27 9 years ago

Clear coat and ready to ship.DSCN4173.JPGDSCN4173.JPGDSCN4174.JPGDSCN4174.JPG

#28 9 years ago

How much?

#30 9 years ago

I have three remaining, and probably won't have time for another run.

#31 9 years ago

Please send me price details.

Thanks.

1 week later
#34 9 years ago

I have one left. Working on another run of 10 for the game release.

1 week later
#35 9 years ago

Is possible 2 for my?

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Teo76:

Is possible 2 for my?

Available if you'd like one.

4 weeks later
1 week later
#38 9 years ago

hi to everybody! I have paid 5 shooters(250 USD) on January 20 and have not received anything yet!!!!!!

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Teo76:

hi to everybody! I have paid 5 shooters(250 USD) on January 20 and have not received anything yet!!!!!!

They have been mailed out. It is being shipped to Italy. They take time to go through customs.

#40 9 years ago

.....i paid The 20 January....Yuo have sent the 7 February.....

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Teo76:

.....i paid The 20 January....Yuo have sent the 7 February.....

And your point is?

#43 9 years ago

Still nothing!!!!Open dispute whit pay-pal!!!!

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Teo76:

Still nothing!!!!Open dispute whit pay-pal!!!!

February 14, 2015 , 7:59 am
Departed
Los Angeles, UNITED STATES
Your item departed a transfer airport in International, Los Angeles, UNITED STATES on February 14, 2015 at 7:59 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
February 14, 2015 , 4:34 am
Arrived
Los Angeles, UNITED STATES
February 13, 2015 , 5:59 pm
Processed Through Sort Facility
ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
February 11, 2015 , 7:17 pm
Arrived at Sort Facility
ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
February 7, 2015 , 5:54 pm
Departed Post Office
SAN PEDRO, CA 90731
February 7, 2015 , 2:52 pm
Picked Up
SAN PEDRO, CA 90731
February 5, 2015
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS

#46 9 years ago

This is why many people don't like to sell to international buyers.

#47 9 years ago

When I buy stuff from overseas, I just expect delays and consider it par for the course. Suck it up, Mike is one of the good guys.

1 week later
#48 9 years ago

I have three left if anyone would like one (I'll cover US shipping cost)

3 weeks later
#50 9 years ago

pm sent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 25.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-smaug-shooter-rod-in-progress and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.