Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by tronlover
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

48F8A3FC-23E7-4CF3-84B1-397B5686F374 (resized).jpeg

#1 9 months ago

Hey Guys hope you can help, been fighting intermittent Smaug problem since day one, my Smaug mouth stops moving, anyone have similar problems , exercised all wires and plugs all seems ok , any suggestions would be appreciated.
ty

#2 9 months ago

Not much inside. Linkage and a motor. Have a look inside for anything obvious.

LTG : )

#3 9 months ago

I'm having the same issue. I've been in touch with JJP, and they've suggested they've had issues with the quality of their ethernet cables. I've purchased a new 4 ft cable to swap out with the Smaug controller board cable (pages C-78 and C-79 in the manual).

I'll report back eventually, wish me luck.

#4 9 months ago

Thanks , already changed my cable , didn’t fix problem. Took out whole assembly and exercised and pulled motor wire cable down a bit will see if it helps.
Thanks for suggestions

#5 9 months ago

I have the same problem let me know how you fix it.

#6 9 months ago

Smaug is the number one frustration for me maintaining this game. It is too finicky, and especially sensitive to the level of the game.

1 week later
#7 9 months ago

Hi Frank,
Noticed when game is playing for a while dragons mouth stops working and it coincides with most of under playfield lights working
Please give me a call
Ty
Randy

48F8A3FC-23E7-4CF3-84B1-397B5686F374 (resized).jpeg
9 months later
#8 7 days ago

Reviving this old thread - did you ever get this resolved?

#9 6 days ago

I also am having problems now. Updated to newest code and now smaug will rotate clockwise but has issues counterclockwise like a stepper motor that is set to 120 that only goes to 100.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, MI
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside